Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Van Leugen

"Aren't you cute?" Montague said to Cole, grabbing the tablet. "I don't know. It's Van Leugen, anyone could have been in and put looting after our girl got this guy."

"A shame, they ransacked this place." He said, kicking over a table. "Savages."

Cole huffed in protest, he was an honest man, a man of morals, an upstanding beat cop in a slimy and corrupt city.

He looked at the table, and was confounded at the apathy.

"Those fingerprints belong to Marlene Angel; some secret agent who works for the Aschen Government. The wounds on our stiff, the bootprints, this whole place stinks of Aschen! I get it; I'm just a beat cop learning to be a detective. I'll leave the detecting to the detectives." He said, stepping over the table to leave.

"I don't get paid to chase terrorists, kid. Take that to the TIB or get with the program!" Montague called out to Cole as he was leaving.

"Can you believe him?" He asked Finch.

The young Junior Detective huffed and rolled his eyes. "You know the Aschen get such a bad rap, the gall of our suspect to frame such a fine and upstanding civilization." The man said somewhat sarcastically. "Our girl came in, killed our stiff, and tried to make it look like some Aschen spooks did it, case closed, let's go hit the titty bar." He said, somewhat dejected.

"Did you hear? Grayson got capped." A police officer said to another as they entered the squad room for briefing. There was a lot of activity since the new mayor had shown up and tried to clean up the department.

Everyone was either doing work, or fixing the stats to make it look like they were doing work. The new Chief of Police the mayor appointed wasn't falling for it.

"Everyone quiet down, take your seats, stand, whatever. Just pay attention." Sergeant Armstrong shouted as he entered the room, heading for the podium at the front.

"It's a new day ladies, gentleman, and Sergeant Hammond." Armstrong said, eliciting a few chuckles at Hammond's expense.

"Tiberius Grayson, you all know him, child killer, rapist, is dead. We shed no tears for that bastard. Unfortunately, since this is a new day we have to actually investigate his murder and take his killers in." Armstrong continued, "I would rather buy them a drink, but a pair of silver bracelets will work just as well."

Obsidian was working studiously on the case that she was wrapping up, knowing that she would be assigned something else sooner than later. There was also a chance that she would be assigned a new partner since hers ended up being killed in action, which sadly, wasn't all that surprising. She wasn't necessarily becoming jaded to the whole experience, but decided long ago that letting things bother her was a one way ticket to insane-ville and that was somewhere she didn't want to be. Exhaling deeply, she printed off her report and slid to her feet, making her way towards the printer before scooping up the documents and heading to her bosses desk, placing the report in the appropriate box. As she was moving back to her desk, she swept her blonde strands out of her blue eyes, exhaling deeply. Her attire was that of the department, though at the moment her hair wasn't up. Shifting her gaze towards Armstrong, arms crossing against her chest as she leaned against her desk.

Wait, we have to investigate that fucker's death? Rolling her eyes, Obsidian couldn't stop the snort that slipped out.

Luke Daly, as played by Meliodas

With his collar pulled up and hat tipped down, he skulked just outside the building, staring into the street and half contemplating plunging into incoming traffic. His life couldn't be any worse even if he were dead, and as much as he attempted to keep a low profile, he still had to return to his shitty little apartment at the end of the day. It was only through the corner of his eye that he noticed another officer giving him a signal. Another one of Armstrong's famous speeches. How awe-inspiring.

An old woman with a cane crept towards the front entrance, so without hesitating, he came up behind her with a smile. "Let me get that for you." His only aim was to slow her down, and as she turned to face him he brushed passed her, knocking the cane out from under her as he held the door open for himself and slipped inside without even bothering to see her stumble to the ground. "Stupid bitch. Like I got all day. Should just do the humane thing and put people like that down." Strolling down the hallway and into the briefing room, he took his seat next to a bombshell blonde.

Aside from the service announcement, he was expecting a new partner today. Oh joy. Another sniveling do-gooder. Luke didn't even bother listening to Armstrong; just another scumbag to nail and more of his time to be wasted. His attention however was focused on the woman beside him and he couldn't help but blurt something out. "You know Sergeant, I'm kind of arm strong myself considering the last time I got any. When did we start inviting hookers to these briefings? If I had known, I would have been better prepared. All I got is my gun and I wouldn't really call that the right kind of protection needed to get this particular job done.” If you didn’t know any better, he was being serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her gaze slowly slipped towards he dickface sitting next to her and while she found him attractive, there was this overwhelming urge to slam a knife into his smug face. Exhaling deeply, knowing that being thrown into jail was not on her top ten things to do, Obsidian felt her jaw tensing up at his comment, not sure if it was meant towards her. Rather, for his sake, she was hoping it wasn't directed at her, especially since she was wearing the appropriate uniform. It wasn't like her breasts were popping out at the top or anything. Blinking at that thought, she glanced down a second to make sure that wasn't the case before she grabbed a nearby book, nailing him in the back of the head with it.

"Why don't you go back to the dumpster you came from, douchecanoe." Obsidian shifted her gaze back towards Armstrong, hoping he was about finished.

Now, this wasn’t the first time dealing with a rough customer, but it may have been one of the few times in his life where he was insulted by a woman. Granted, he more than provoked it, whether it was for a few cheap laughs or just because he was potentially the biggest asshole in the world, but he expected her to sit there and just be pretty. Boy was he wrong! While his reflexes were more than capable of noticing the book enough so to have possibly snatched it out of thin air before it even struck him, it had always been his experience to not let anyone know what he was capable of – regardless of how lazy and unenthused he appeared, he had some level of talent in part due to the fact he wasn’t even human. But that was also a secret he had attempted thus far to keep to himself.

Without so much as rubbing the back of his head, he pitched his first fastball. “Believe me, honey, you wish I was a canoe. I’m sure any man you’ve slept with recently is a canoe considering they probably just ride right into the current. Besides, you obviously aren’t a very expensive hooker considering that feisty attitude so I’m betting men living in the garbage are probably a step up from your side of town.” Pulling a few bucks from his pocket, he tossed it on the ground at the woman's feet with the cockiest smile he could produce. “Probably more than your going rate, but I try to be generous. Consider it a down payment and your chance for the taste of the good life.”

Obsidian didn't care that he didn't rub the back of his head nor would she have cared if he did. Dropping the book back down onto the table it had been on, she crossed both arms against her chest, rolling her eyes at his condescending comments. Was he that kind of officer? Yeah, she was pretty sure that he was most definitely that kind of officer. Yawning widely as he threw money down at her feet while continuing to berate and insinuate that she was a hooker, Obsidian pushed the cash away and shifted her gaze towards him.

"I think you are mistaking me for your mother. I mean, it is horrible to have a hooker as a mother, but maybe you should not take your frustration and embarrassment on your fellow officer." Obsidian slid to her feet and stepped around the gathered officers, moving for her desk.

"While I appreciate your witty banter, as do the rest of your fellow officers, I also appreciate being able to get through shift meetings in a timely manner." Armstrong said to Daly and Obsidian.

"Daly, it's your unlucky day. I'm giving you the Grayson investigation. He was planning to turn witness against the rest of his ilk, you'll be working with Detective Turn, who brought him in, and a fed, Special Agent Dean." The police sergeant told the more crass detective.

He then pointed at Obsidian as she moved to her desk, "And you, as part of our new day, will be riding plainclothes with Daly here on that assignment. It'll give you two the chance to learn to work together, and maybe get some results."

"We are short detectives and officers after some Internal Investigation probes into corruption, please, do your very best to keep any of your bullshit on the down low. Try to keep beatings to a minimum or limited to actual criminals."

"Hammond, you're being attached to Vice to help with drugs in The Nillies. I want results, people, especially you Daly and Fyre. The media is watching us, so is the new mayor and the new chief."

Sitting in the back, it seemed where he wouldn't be noticed by the other officers was young William Cole, recently assigned from the Nillies precinct. The fresh face stared up at the Chief, over a stack of papers that he had taken upon himself to gather all throughout the station pertaining to several cold cases regarding a string of bizarre murders across the city.

He listened intently to Armstrong speak, jotting down the occasional notation, and making a face. Hundreds of crimes, from the serial murderer that he was trying to track down, to corruption and crime connections all throughout the city. He didn't say anything.

He opened up a folder and peered inside, eyeing a photograph of two TIB agents strung up on light poles, turning the page he looked at photos of a horse's head placed in the bed of a prominent city official, snapping the folder shut, his eyes went back up to the Sergeant.

“Believe me, if you were as big a whore as my mother, there would have been no mistake to be made. Also, I really like the roleplay here. I’ve always fantasized about a cop. You are free to book me anytime.” Winking, he grew distracted by the Sergeant giving him his marching orders, and he grimaced as he looked at the woman he had just got through insulting. “Well, Candy, I guess the fun is over. There is work to be done… not that I’m actually going to do it.” This case was pretty cut and dry. Luke knew there was probably an upset father, brother, or boyfriend attached to however this Grayson character ended up killed. And quite frankly, who could blame them? Luke wasn’t entirely against just letting them go. They did this city a favor as far as he was concerned.

“Well, let us get going sweet cheeks. Maybe bring along this scumbags file while you’re at it. Maybe it can help us. We'll start with the victims and their relatives.”

"Maybe you should start the damn meetings on time then." Obsidian muttered under her breath, not at all happy that Daly wasn't being chastised for sexual harassment against her. Then again, she wasn't that surprised and wondered if the precinct was still corrupt despite appearing otherwise. Snorting at the continuing hooker comments, the blonde just ignored him, knowing it wasn't even worth saying anything else. Nodding towards Armstrong when assigned to be a plainclothes rider with Daly, she couldn't help but wonder why she was being punished. "Understood, Sergeant." Obsidian grabbed a bag beneath her desk as well as the folder on Grayson and moved not after the bastard she was working with, but towards the bathroom to change into her street clothing.

"The name is Obsidian, you dickhat. Not Candy and not sweetcheeks. Obsidian." Leaving it at that, she stepped into the bathroom and locked the door. Removing her uniform, she resisted the urge to ball it up and instead folded it carefully and slid it into her bag. She slid on a pair of slacks and a sleek red button up long sleeve shirt that looked professional, but not stuffy. Moving back out, she glared and waited on Daly.

Unable to resist watching the woman strut to the bathroom, he caught a look or two at her behind before finding his desk – which was swamped with various files and folders, among other suspicious finds. Removing his hat and setting it on the table, he slipped his coat off and placed it over the chair. He seemed ordinary enough under all the garbs, with finely groomed dirty blonde hair that was just short enough to frame his face, and steel-blue eyes. Luke was clean shaven, and by most regards would be considered good looking if not for his sarcastic demeanor. By the time the woman emerged, he would be waiting just outside the bathroom with his back to the wall.

“Well, fortunately aside from what your name implies, you didn’t shatter into a million pieces. Still think your kind of soft though, toots. If you’re going to last around here, it is about time to get tough and have a sense of humor. That feisty attitude is only going to get you so far in this city. But don’t worry, I’m sure I’ll have more than enough time to show you a thing or two.” With his coat off, you could tell he was built like a brick shithouse, and beneath his white button up long sleeve and dark brown tie, you could see the faint outline of his muscles. “Let’s hurry up and get this day over with. If it makes you feel any better, having a partner isn’t really at the top of my list of things I want to have before I die. Hopefully, this is only temporary – for the both of our sakes.”

Stretching her back out, Obsidian listened to the bones cracking before her gaze fell upon her partner. He looked a little different without the hat and coat on, though she wasn't about to get involved with anyone she worked with. Studying his frame for a few minutes, she shook her head, eyes rolling at his comments. She was absolutely done bantering back and forth with him and if he wanted to think she was soft, the more power to him. The officer definitely didn't want to learn anything from the bastard. Running her fingers through her blonde hair, Obsidian moved over to him, glad that he wasn't pleased about having a partner.

"Great, glad that's out of the way. Let's get going already so we can finish this case and get Armstrong off our asses, though you probably like the idea of him being on your ass." With that, Obsidian flipped her hair behind her shoulders and headed outside to where the squad cars were located.

“I’m sure if anyone knew about someone being on their ass, it would be you. Though, I wouldn’t mind taking a crack at yours.” As they say, he hated watching her leave but loved watching her walk away. For a moment he just stood there, a bit dumbfounded as he mulled over what to do next. Perhaps the only real reason he insulted her is because he found her attractive; on the other hand, he just hated people in general. If there was an opportunity to be a dick, he normally always took advantage of it. And that wasn’t the only thing he tended to take advantage when it came to… well, we’ll just leave that between us.

Sighing as he followed the woman outside, he quickly snagged his keys out of his coat pocket (which was still hanging over his chair) before lazily going after Obsidian. Once he got outside, he decided to just see what she did next. He was curious as to whether she was going to challenge him for the driver's seat, something in which he wouldn't settle for. Like any man, he wanted to be the one to drive. And furthermore, if she thought they were taking just your average squad car, she would be disappointed.

Ignoring his comment, something she figured she would be doing a lot, Obsidian just kept walking outside, enjoying the breath of fresh air. Running her hand through her hair, she shifted her gaze towards the sky, studying the clouds for a few minutes before feeling Daly approaching. Saying a silent prayer that things would go as smoothly as possible, the blonde glanced over her shoulder towards him, wondering why in the hell he had just stopped moving. If he was serious about taking a crack at her, he would find something in his body cracked and it would not be a pleasant crack. Her brow arched and she slowly turned to face him, exhaling deeply.

"How about you get the car started so we can leave the fucking precinct sometime this century. The less time I have to spend with you, the better." Her arms crossed against her chest and she hummed under her breath.

Back