Open Vitae Medical Cruiser

Agape focused her attention on his words as he explained what date was in his culture. "But...we have already gone on a date. To the Uhm...Leaky Servo and exploring Nexus...didn't we?" Her gaze shifted to the side as she considered it. "What is a romantic relationship? Is it not the same as being friends?" Agape moved her line of sight from the edge of the couch to his eyes. "I have read about your cultural relationships but there seem to be little differences. Other than with a husband and wife, the closeness seems very similar." Agape turned her head so she could stare at the couch considering what she had learned. On Xolmeani she had treated everyone the same. It was just her personality too, rather than a cultural thing. She had ignored any differences between people because she held no interest in being forced into marriage by her family. The thought reminded her of why she had decided to travel in the first place.

She turned her attention back to Daniel and her green eyes lit up with their usual curiosity, "Are we not in a romantic relationship Daniel?" Of course, knowing what a romantic relationship was might clarify it for her. But, hearing his personal opinion seemed to help with her clarification as well.

Last edited:
He let out a small laugh and nodded along as Agape pointed out that they had indeed gone on a date before, and he hadn't been nearly concerned about the concept before-hand. "You got me there, celebrating coming back must have distracted me." He admitted, listening as she asked for clarification about how relationships were viewed in his culture. Daniel took a moment to think it over, worrying about explaining it the wrong way. "There's a lot of different kinds of friendships, and being in a romantic relationship doesn't mean they aren't friends," He started, making sure that point stuck in by pausing. "But being in a romantic relationship means you may be considering marrying your partner, and is a bit more, intimate than a friendship."

As he finished the explanation it left him with the tougher part, answering her question if she still continued. "Asking if we're in a romantic relationship would be like, asking if we were exclusively dating each other, in a potentially intimate way, that may lead to something more serious like marriage. Does that make sense?" He questioned as he finished, chin pointed low so he could still meeting her gaze while she laid atop him.

When Danil first started explaining the differences Agape had been staring at him, as he continued speaking her gaze drifted off to the side as she considered his words. Agape understood that marriage in itself was more intimate, she had never considered the possibility that dating was as well. As Daniel mentioned marriage Agape shifted her gaze back to him, so dating was what lead to marriage in this culture. She thought back to her home planet since she was part of the royal family she only knew that one day her grandfather planned to set her up with some rich family to gain knowledge and land. She would not know this man, and they would be married shortly after. Since she had chosen to leave she had gratefully escaped the need to get married to a stranger. And when she had returned she knew her family dare not bring it up again in worry she might leave again.

When he had finished speaking there was a long paused before she decided to speak, at some point in her thoughts her gaze had drifted off and she had to bring it back to face him. She examined Daniel's face, a fleeting thought passed her mind. She wouldn't mind if she had been arranged to marry Daniel. "It....it does make sense...though I would not mind if I were to marry Daniel." She mumbled the last half of the sentence, not realizing that she had spoken the words out loud. They were already close, and she considered Daniel a...well she had never really thought about what to consider Daniel. All the while her thoughts ran across her mind her eyes only scanned his face. "Does this mean we cannot go on a date?"

Daniel stayed rather quiet after giving his explanation, instead choosing just to listen and watch as he tried to read her reactions. When she finally woke he met her eyes, nodding as she confirmed that it made sense before straining to near what she was whispering into hie chest. He missed a few words, but the room was quiet and he was pretty sure he understood the message which made him relax underneath her.

He hadn't considered anything truly serious, but he knew that he had grown to enjoy her company more and more. When she had asked to stay with him here and make this her home, instead of return to her family he felt elated. Letting a br3arhbeacape hom he could only smile as he wrapped his arms back around Agape, keeping her close. "We can go on our date, I just wanted you to know how I saw it." Daniel remarked kindly. "Up to you on when though, I was kind of sleeping here." He laughed to himself a bit, happy that the explanation had helped clarify a few things.

Agape moved her head so she could lay against his chest, placing her arms around his sides. She was small so she fit comfortably, "Ah, I was going to ask. I have gift for my mother and my grandfather. But, I don't know what to get my father." Agape listened to his heartbeat smiling, "As for the date, once you have returned from your trips we will go on the date. While you are gone I think I will stay with my family. My grandfather will surely be happy, many times my mother called him the silly old king. He told me many stories of other worlds, of course, I never saw them true until I came here." Agape chuckled thinking about her grandfather. He was a prideful old man and a very great dreamer. His fables of other worlds always humored her. Now that she knew it was true he would no longer be seen as a silly old man.

"Oh, I should say. I am uncertain of the temperature difference of Xolmeani. Bring many warm clothes, from what I have read since we live in mountains you may get cold." Agape lifted her head to smile at him, Xolmeani was a harsher climate planet, though the atmosphere was the same the temperature was a lot different. Though Agape and her people would never notice the differences.

Daniel allowed himself to relax as Agape snuggled into his chest, her arms wrapped around his sides. Laying atop him, she was warm and rather light, a comfortable feeling for him as she spoke about her family. As she explained about waiting for the date he nodded along, as she mentioned having fits prepared for the grandfather and mother he nodded, even as she explained that would stay with her family while he was away on a trip he smiled. It was only when she mentioned that her mother called her grandfather the silly old king did he falter for a moment. A few seconds passed as he registered what had been said, she did say king, right?

"Hold up, just one moment." A shocked expression on his face as he spoke. "Did you say that your grandfather is the king? Wouldn't that make you, royalty?" He asked politely, considering everything he had just done. His family had raised him well for politics and connections, and while he had met many forms of nobility from other races and even greeted some from the direct line - the proximity that he was in with Agape made him consider the potential concerns of being so close to their royal line. Her warning about the weather helped him in future planning, and he was sure to get enough warm clothes suitable for the trip before then. He'd just have to make sure the family insignia was still emblazoned somewhere that it could be seen and noted.

Agape glanced up at him and smiled lifting her head and tilting it slightly making her bright pink hair, brush her shoulder. "Well...yes. I am the Princess of Atania... My grandfather is King of Yoxvet. And my father Reigns over Atania." She chuckled slightly, "You seem surprise..." Agape took a moment to pause and examine his shocked face, "Is something wrong?" Agape had found no personal issue with the proximity, to her it was normal. Royalty on Xolmeani of course had its differences from a commoner. But, she treated everyone the same. She held no interest in the throne or politics. Thinking back, she wondered if the Neus had a similar system of power. Something she would surely research at a later time.

Agape laid her head back down resting her cheek on his chest and thinking, why had he been shocked. Agape then realized she hadn't told him anything of her life on Xolmeani. She wondered if he was shocked because her grandfather had mentioned other worlds before. Or maybe it was because this was the first time she had spoken of her family.

Daniel had heard her correctly. She was the princess of a land called Atania, grandfather a king of another called Yoxvet, and her father, either a lord or another king of their land. Processing this he started to smile again, relaxing after a bit as the initial shock died down from. "I was a bit surprised, learning that you're from a royal family; but no, nothing is wrong Agape." He reaffirmed, running his hand along her back as she seemed to worry.

"It's not often I run into royalty is all, and the first time I'm taking a princess out on a date. It was just a bit surprising for me is all." Daniel remarked, smiling widely at first as he watched her rest her cheek against his chest. "I think I might be able to help with getting a gift for your father, but it depends on what he'd appreciate; it may not be helpful to get him anything too complicated from the Nexus. How would you describe your father Agape?"

Artem chuckled closing her eyes as he rubbed her back. "Ah, I see. Are there many royalties on Nexus?" Agape didn't actually care, she was just curious as usual. She had no need to use her title, her grandfather was the only one who really paid attention to those small details. For some reason she was happy when he said it was his first time taking a princess on a date. Agape felt like she would need to read on different emotions once more to identify these new uncharted feelings.

Agape opened her eyes but kept her cheek against his chest as she thought about her father. "He is...he is a very kind man. My mother says he is very stubborn sometimes....He never really cares for anything other than people." Agape smiled at the thought of her father. "Daniel. you are like him, he is very kind like, you. And very smart. He makes the best foods, and gives the best hugs..." She chuckled, "He would take anything as long as I returned home." Her last sentence was small and she spoke a bit sadly saying it. Before she had left her father had asked her not to leave, she had refused, and then she left.

"Yeah, but maybe not in the sense that you're thinking. Many races here may come from royalty in their worlds and cultures, but the Nexus itself isn't governed by any one body of law or political system." He responded, happy to explain the situation in further detail. His family played a large part in building connections through the Nexus and he was happy to be a part of it, but he doubted that any one group could try to govern over all of this - if one were to try, he'd bet money on Diarneus's people should they have the inclination.

As Agape explained how she felt about her father and what he was like Daniel just listened, smiling softly to himself as she likened some of his behavior to some of his own. Daniel prided himself with some of those traits, and was happy to hear that her father shared in those expressions. "Then, if he's anything like me he'd appreciate your company the most; and any kind of gift that he can look on and remember you." Daniel remarked, his mind thinking about the journal and mug she had made with his name on it, and the jar in his medical bay. "If you want to try a few things from the Nexus, we can get photographs made of you for him, 3D renders and holograms if you really want to amaze him, even some with voice recordings if you'd like to leave a message for him to hear whenever he wishes. But, I do believe something simple would be more than enough for him." As he finished he smiled he let his hands rest over her back again.

Agape thought about it for a moment recalling something she had read, "But the Nexus has laws..right?" Agape scrunched her nose trying to recall if the nexus had laws and what they were, "Laws keep the bad people away from the good?" The technical definition of law from what she could remember was something similar to a rule. From what she had learned Daniel's family were a large part of the connections that ran through the Nexus. Daniel included.

"Photographs...I think he would like them. We don't have such a thing on Xolmeani, once someone is gone their face fades from memory to become one with the moons." Agape closed her eyes again, "I will take photographs, and I will take one with you. So while you are gone I will miss you less." She chuckled again and yawned, "Daniel...When will we leave for Xolmeani?" She bit her lip, she wanted to leave soon but she was still worried. There were a lot of things he was worried she might have missed, many things she hadn't said. And now she had a new home, and a new friend to introduce to her family. It was exciting but the thrill of this adventure also made her nervous.

Daniel laughed a bit as Agape mentioned that the Nexus had laws. "General rules, a common nature that we can all agree on is doing right by others. Everyone helps each other stay accountable, but law enforcement and control typically fall to groups dedicating themselves to maintaining order. It's hard to explain, but the easiest way to see it may be that there are a lot of volunteers helping to make this a safer place." As he finished he listened, nodding along as she affirmed that there wasn't much in the way of photographs in her culture. That may leave paintings and portraits, if they followed such a thing but this way her family may have something to remember her by fondly. It wouldn't be all that hard to get a photo done for her and framed.

"Then I'll be happy to help, even if you want a photo of me as well." Daniel remarked kindly, somewhat surprised at her request but he was happy that she wanted to remember him more while he was gone. He squeezed her a little tighter at that, hearing her yawn he couldn't help but think about resting again but it was still rather early in the day. "We can leave when you're ready, before the end of the week when I have my trip. When you have your gift for your father prepared, that would be a good time to leave for Xolmeani."

Agape processed Daniel's words, so there were no set laws just agreed-upon rules. This comforted her, but she knew regardless that she was protected because she had Daniel. She smiled with her eyes closed when he said he would help her. She knew he would but his affirmation comforted her. "Then after the pictures, we can leave, I have packed all of my other gifts. And I will get new clothes when I arrive in Atania." Agape nuzzled his chest she wasn't tired, she was just comfortable which would lead to her falling asleep if she didn't stay alert. "Oh, how was your patient? I am sure you must be tired from working." She wanted to ask if they could go and take the pictures now but she would wait to confirm if he was tired. If he was she would rest with him for the day, they could always take the pictures tomorrow.

Daniel smiled in response to her first remark, nodding along as she set a schedule for them to get out there. As long as she was happy with it he was set, as this mattered more to her he wanted to make sure he could accommodate as needed. As she mentioned the new clothes he thought back to her first night, remembering the way she had been dressed and his smile grew a little wider. He wondered if all of their outfits would be similar, or varied? She did mention that it was rather cold there, but knowing her alternate form he wasn't quite sure how much that would affect them.

"My patient was great, he didn't cause much trouble it just took me a bit of time to get back into the right mindset. He commented on the jar you gave me, said it looked nice." He remarked, looking down towards her but only seeing the top of her head. He rose his right hand from her back and ran it over the top of her hair, smoothing it out after she had let it splay across his chest. "Resting like this helps, but thankfully I'm not too tired. Got plenty of sleep on a comfy couch last night, with a good makeshift blanket."

Agape was happy someone had acknowledged her gift, to have it in a place people could easily see made her effort worthwhile. But, thinking about it as long as Daniel enjoyed her gift she was pleased. Agape leaned into his hand as he smoothed out her hair, enjoying the feeling. "I am the best blanket. I am glad you rested well." She chuckled, "I will fall asleep again if I keep laying on you. You are the best pillow." She hugged him a bit tighter her arms still by his side. "I want to go take pictures, but I also don't wish to get up. Is very...uhm conundrumly." Agape mumbled the last words as she turned her head to bury it into his chest. Lifting her head she glanced at him, she really didn't want to get up. But, she also wanted to take the pictures. A conflict of interest she presumed.

Daniel laughed to himself as Agape admitted to being the best blanket, he nodded along to affirm his belief and smiled widely as she let him know that he was the best pillow as well. He was happy to feel her push her head back into his hand and he continued to smooth out her hair as her head turned back towards him. "We can go take pictures, there's a few places we can head out too; was there any kind of place you wanted to go to take photos?" He asked, despite how comfortable he was he knew that this would be better for them. Especially if they planned to head towards her planet as soon as possible. Their devices could handle photos, but he was still curious as to what would be the best environment for them to take photos. Doing it here on the couch didn't seem quite right.

Agape smiled, "Uhm, not really. I have never taken a photograph before..." She paused thinking about it, "Oh, somewhere with the pretty flowers. Atania is in the mountains so we have no flowers there. It is very rare to find one." Agape still didn't want to get up from his chest, she sighed and buried her head in his chest once more. Staying like that for a while before forcing herself to sit up. Agape looked down at Daniel and smiled, "Now since I am not as comfortable I will have no choice but to get up." Agape gave him a cheeky grin before climbing off of him placing her feet on the ground. She stretched and her bones made its usual cracking sound. "I am excited about pictures! S-should we dress up?" Agape looked at him curiously but the excitement in her eyes couldn't be hidden,

Daniel thought along as she mentioned pretty flowers, of course there had to be somewhere at the Nexus that would have plenty. A greenhouse potentially? The Leaky Servo could actually set up the perfect backdrop for her here in the Nexus, as there wasn't a lot of nature around unless they left a rift to another planet that would have them. He kept the thought in mind and nodded back towards Agape as she finished the remark.

She seemed comfortable up there, as she had mentioned. When she nestled against his chest again he thought she had given up and chosen to just lie there with him all day but after a few moments she got back up and with a cheeky grin exclaimed how she was good to go. "Makes sense to me, we can try getting comfortable again later-" He spoke as she got back up, his eyes following her as she started to stretch again. She was still wearing his shirt, and much like how when she stretched to reach the oatmeal at the top she had managed to lift her shirt up again; this time his gaze was a lot closer to her legs and he was laying down below her waist.

He couldn't help but see a bit more than he had planned to or had seen earlier, but he averted his gaze after a moment as he heard Agape ask if they should dress up. As much as he enjoyed seeing her in just his shirt, he took a moment to relax his breathing before turning back to face her. "Yeah, we should dress up! Would you prefer if I was in my normal attire for your photo or do you want me to change into something more casual for the flowers?" He remarked, smiling as she finished stretching and the shirt fell back down; he started to sit up himself right beside her.

Agape didn't notice his gaze, or if she did it didn't phase her. When he asked what he should wear she paused for a moment, before she lifted her left hand and tapped her chin placing her right hand over her abdomen as she thought about which outfit he should wear. "Uhm...it doesn't matter Daniel is most handsome either way...but, which is Daniel comfortable in?" Agape didn't care what he wore as long as he was comfortable in it. She wanted to make happy and silly pictures for her family, though she wanted Daniel to be in most of them with her. Lowering her hand from her chin she let her arms fall to the side. Now what would she wear, she thought for a moment and decided anything would be fine. Walking closer to the couch she held her hand out to Daniel, the sleeves covering her hands and smiled leaning over as she did so. "I will help you up." She smiled again and if he took her hand she would pull to help him up, with a bit of effort.

"Daniel, can you help pick my clothes out?" Letting her sleeved hand fall back to her side she looked at him patiently. Having taken a moment to think about it she deiced that just wearing whatever would not do. She wanted to look her best for the pictures but also wanted to be comfortable. The clothes on Xolmeani were simple, they were either made for travel, work, or daily life. Though daily life wear exposed a lot more skin than the clothes on the Nexus. She hummed considering her options, Daniel had bought her some clothes and she still had her clothes from home that she mended. Lifting her arms over her head the shirt rose again as she turned to walk down the corridor, glancing back at Daniel, "Follow." She snickered mocking the words he had said when she first arrived and made her way down the corridor with her hands crossed over her head as she walked.

"I can wear almost anything, but the family likes to have the insignia somewhere on my person for records. I'm comfortable with it after all, and it's what most people see me in." He remarked, smiling as she offered him her hand up, leaning over his shirt looked almost comical on her with how it slipped past her hands, and was just barely enough to hid her most of her thighs. "Thanks for the help." He laughed as he got to his feet, nodding along as she made a request for him to help pick her clothes out. Giving an opinion didn't seem that difficult.

As Agape turned towards her room, raising her arms above her head again he couldn't help but think that part of this was intentional as his shirt rose once more. She seemed rather comfortable with it however, and if that was part of her culture and intent he didn't really mind.

Daniel laughed along as she asked him to follow, the mocking tone making him feel a bit teased; to which he took a few steps closer to Agape as she led the way, wrapping his arms around her shoulder almost like he was draping himself over her, putting only a bit of his weight onto hers. "Following, but you're going to have to help carry me a little if you're going to snicker like that." Daniel jested, holding back a small laugh as he continued to move alongside her.

Back