Open Vitae Medical Cruiser

"Oh, then alcohol it is!" She chuckled and thought about becoming a scientist, of course, it would require more studying but she had avoided the job path for quite some time on her home planet. She had more interest in learning new things than focusing on one given subject, an adventurer would have been the more appropriate description. Agape picked up her cup her finger rubbing gently against its side as she held it. When he spoke she looked at him thinking about him leaving again. The ship felt lonely without him, but she could always welcome him home when he returned. She laughed at the thought. "Then I will make many more gifts for when you return home."

When she said the word hoe she looked into the cup, staring at the liquid for some time. She kept calling the ship her home, she didn't know if it was her place to. Agape felt as though she was still merely a guest. But, Daniel had made this ship a comforting place for her. Much like her home on Xolmeani. Going home was something she wanted. Wasnt it? "D-daniel. May I ask you a question?" Slowly she lifted her eyes to his gripping the cup a little tighter in her hands.

Daniel held back a laugh as she chuckled at alcohol, which was rather easy to do when he could take a drink from his tea to help calm the humor down. He watched as a bit more energy returned to her features, thankfully laughter helped ease the mind from woes. He was somewhat familiar with helping patients go through tough times, but this situation with Agape was a little different. "I'm looking forward to it then, especially if they're even half as thoughtful as these." Daniel finished by taking another sip of his drink, but there was that word again. Home.

To him it made sense, he had moved in about two years back and made the ship his living space - decorating here and there so it wasn't just a bare model in the end. He liked the thought of having it be a home, and having someone to come back to.. Was nice. Previously he hadn't given it much thought, family tended to be the only focus he had aside from work even if he had entertained the thought of a pet at one point. His thoughts were shifted as Agape spoke up, his name breaking giving him a hint as to the seriousness of her question. "Of course." He replied simply, facing her in turn.

Agape bit her lip and let out a small breath, taking a sip of her tea before she spoke. "I realize that I miss my home more and more as days pass...And hearing that I might....that I might be able to return is wonderful..." Her words trailed off and she felt it hard to look at him. So she settled on staring at the mug she had made him instead. "But, I have thought about it a lot. Especially since you've returned. And when...when I am able to return...Do you think I might be able to stay-stay here instead?" She rubbed her neck glancing up at him for a moment before staring at the liquid in her cup. "I have realized that this is as much my home as Xolmeani. But, I find more comfortable here than I did roaming my homelands." She gave a small half-hearted chuckle. She had spent 3 long years roaming her lands, in search of adventure. Or maybe something she hadn't known. Of course, Xolmeani would always be her home, but she had never felt more comfortable than she had on the ship.

Rather than wanting to escape as she did on her planet she wanted to stay in the ship forever. And welcome Daniel home after each trip. It brought her...joy. "I-I do realize this is your home...And I don't wish to be a bother either..But I have grown to like this place, and I enjoy being in your company as well...If I return to Xolmeani I fear I may miss this too much not to hope to return... I would much rather visit my home planet every so often than leave this place." Agape had begun rambling, she was afraid Daniel might tell her she would have t go home, and that this was all just temporary. OF course, she knew that, to begin with. But, hearing it would sound much different than knowing.

Daniel waited patiently for her to ask her question, and as she started with her eyes downcast towards the mug he would listen without making a sound. He let her get through all of it, taking her time to explain her thoughts about going home, about potentially staying here, and what being here meant and felt like to her. Daniel smiled softly as she explained everything to him, she was doing a good job at putting words to her feelings and to her goal. As she finished and trailed off, Daniel allowed a few quiet moments to pass before he took another sip of his drink and set the mug down in front of him. "Here, let me show you something." He started, curious as to how it would turn out but he was eager to give it a shot.

Daniel reached over towards Agape, her hands were still on her drink but he would attempt to guide one away and hold it in his own should she let him. "What you showed me earlier, sharing your emotions this way, may be the best way for me to express my feelings for you." He spoke clearly, but slowly, measuring every word of his as he faced her. He enjoyed her company, even early on as he was getting to know her. The determination she had to learn and communicate, her attitude despite the sudden change in environment and injury, she was unique in many ways and he wanted to show her how much he appreciated her company. His ship felt even more like a home with her in it, and while he had already shown her how he had looked forward to seeing her when he had returned he made sure that was evident. "You're welcome to stay Agape, I.. I didn't know if you'd want to, so I didn't want to ask to make you have to choose between your.." He struggled to say her home when referring to her world, after hearing her call his ship her home he took a few moments to find the right way to phrase it. "To make you choose where to call home. I'd be more than happy to have you here."

Agape's eyes followed his hands as he sat the cup on the table when he spoke she brought her gaze to him. "A-alright." She saw him reach his hand out towards her and allowed him to pull it from the cup. She held the cup firmly in her other hand so it wouldn't fall. When he some again she met his eyes. She hesitated but nodded and closed her eyes, letting out a small frosted breath her hair turned white, the pink star-shaped freckles on her face turned teal and her features once again turned lighter. The cup sitting tightly in her free hand began to frost over from the shift. When she opened her eyes she allowed herself to feel what he wanted to share.

In the beginning, she had moved her bright blue eyes to his hands, as if watching the movement of feelings. Slowly as he finished 'explaining' she brought them to face him. She could feel her eyes watering, not from sadness but from relief. She kept her hand on his and smiled, placing her frosted of cup on the table she used the back of her hand to wipe her eyes. "I-I'm glad. I-I was afraid...afraid that you wouldn't want me to stay." Her voice cracked and she started crying but laughing at the same time. "I-I'm so happy Daniel. I-i don't know why I'm crying."

Daniel watched in admiration as her form shifted again, the familiar chill brushing over him as he watched her features change. It was a beautiful sight to behold and he smiled as she did so, allowing what he wanted to express to be shared among them. It was only as she started to cry however that his smile wavered, he scooted a bit closer to her as she set her glass down on the table and eventually pulled his hand back so that he could wrap his arm around her. "It's alright, you don't have to worry about that." As Agape started to laugh Daniel chuckled to himself, holding her tight. "It doesn't matter if you're crying, as long as you're happy, let it out alright?" He comforted, or at least tried as she went through a series of emotions.

He himself felt good after hearing her response and being able to share his own feelings, but with it out and the tea mostly finished he still felt rather exhausted. Having Agape this close both helped, and hurt the case for sleep as she shifted from being a source of warmth to that of a chill but despite the changed form his body was already heating back up as it prepared for rest.

Agape leaned into him before hugging him back, sniffling she willed herself to calm down. She nodded slowly, the comfort of his hug calmed her enough for the tears to stop. Agape's form slowly shifted back to normal, she wide her eyes once more sniffling and pulled herself away from him a little to look at him. "A-are you not cold?" Her words came out as a small whisper, she had figured out that her other form was a colder version of her normal one. She stared at him nothing that he looked a bit tired and rubbed her eyes. "Are you tired?"

As she leaned into him and went for a full embrace he sat still, giving her as much time as she needed to calm down and for the tears to stop. He noticed her hair and form start to shift slowly, the chill that was present dissipating slowly as she pulled herself back and glanced his way. "Not at all." Daniel said with a small smile and a laugh, the slight chill wasn't that bad and he was warm enough from her company and the atmosphere for it not to be too cold.

When Agape rubbed her eyes and asked if he was tired he nodded along with a laugh. "Very, I'll probably fall asleep pretty soon here. In fact if you stayed against my shoulder any longer I probably would have fallen asleep here on the couch with you. How about you? It looks like you should get some rest yourself." This time, it would probably be better for her to sleep in her own room - even though she had looked rather comfortable on the couch earlier. Oddly enough, he had never slept on his own couch before.

Agape smiled when he laughed and lowered her hand from her eyes. "I am...I am rather tired. I was not aware crying could cause exhaustion. But I feel, better?" She spoke slowly as if searching for the right words. The elated effects of the alcohol had worn off with the feeling of the warm tea and the exhaustion of crying. Agape had never really cried before, it was an unusual feeling but it wasn't terrible. But, maybe that was due to her being happy while crying. Agape yawned and pulled her hand over her mouth to cover it. She moved to lean on Daniel's shoulder again. He was comfortable, and she didn't feel like moving. "Sleeping on the couch is surprisingly comfortable....Have you never slept here before?" She closed her eyes feeling relaxed as the excitement of the days events faded.

Daniel nodded along as she mentioned that she had felt better after crying. "We call it cathartic, it's meant to bring relief by expressing yourself openly. But yes, that could be rather exhausting." He spoke softly as he noticed her start to drift off on her own. He didn't mind helping her with it, and as she yawned and nestled her head against his shoulder he made an attempt to stay rather still. His urge to get up and return to his bed leaving. "No.. I haven't actually, is it really that comfortable?" He asked, watching as she shut her eyes. He took a soft breath at that and slowly let himself lie down further, holding her to ease the fall as his shoulders rested against the arm of the couch. It wasn't the best pillow, but the material was definitely comfortable and had enough cushion so he wasn't pressed against anything too rigid. He allowed himself to start to close his eyes as he settled in, feeling the pull of sleep start to drag him in.

Agape hummed at the word, "Cathartic it is then..." She mumbled feeling sleep start to wash over her. "It is more comfortable now, than before. But....yes." She yawned again laying a hand under her head on his chest as he leaned back. She could feel and heart his heartbeat. It was like a soft lullaby willing her to sleep. "Gabon eta.... amets goxoak, Daniel...Good...night" She mumbled the word sleepily and they slowly trailed off resulting in light breathing resonating from Agape to confirm she had fallen asleep. She had nice dreams that night, of the fields of her homelands, food, and of daniel joining her on her adventure home. She was sure he would enjoy it.

Sleep took Daniel far too easily after he had found a comfortable position on the couch, Agape was light on his chest and warm. Her breathing comforting him as she fell asleep. His sleep was soothed, and rather undisturbed; even as the parasite went about it's work of replacing and fixing everything internally it held back from any huge shifts as it recognized the foreign presence beside it.

The next morning, Daniel's eyes struggled to open up as the warmth kept him comforted. He shifted his gaze to the side as he tried to recall where he was, and while he had recognized his common area just fine he had forgotten how he had fallen asleep there and not inside his own room. Daniel made an attempt to sit up, but was met by resistance so he immediately laid down and stayed still as his eyes went back to his chest - looking over Agape who was still sound asleep. 'Oh, that's right.'

Daniel smiled softly as he watched her sleep for a few moments, her light breathing almost putting him back to sleep as he laid his head back down on the arm of the couch. One of his arms were still wrapped around her, and he kept it there now that he was awake. For a few moments, he had concerns that this might make their living situation awkward between the two of them but after a few moments the worry went away. Knowing Agape, this may be perceived as a very friendly measure. Daniel figured waiting was best, so he let himself enjoy Agape's presence as she slept.

Agape slept comfortably through the night, she usually paid no mind to the heat around her. But, as she slept next to Daniel she felt comfort in his warmth. The sound of his heartbeat kept her fast asleep and left her dreams pleasant.

When morning came she felt weight under her shift slightly, after a few moments she opened her eyes slowly. She laid there her head on his chest staring at the side of the couch just listening to him breathe for a couple of minutes. Agape almost felt herself being pulled back to sleep but resisted the urge. She lifted her chin, not lifting her head off his chest but tilting it just so she could glance at him. "Are you awake now Daniel?" She whispered the words, afraid that if he was still asleep she might wake him. Agape yawned confirming that she was indeed awake. Slowly pulling herself up she stretched her back giving a satisfying crack in return.

Agape looked at him and smiled, her hair once again sticking up from sleeping. "Good morning Daniel. Did sleep come well for you?" She tilted her head waiting for his reply. It wasn't awkward to her, not that she was very familiar with that emotion. But, she was comforted by his presence and happy for his company. This type of closeness was just because they were very close. At least that how she thought of it.

As Agape lifted her chin and asked if he was awake he allowed himself to finally start waking up correctly. He rolled his shoulders in a bit of a stretch, letting out a yawn before glancing down towards her. "I'm awake, good morning Agape." He replied kindly as he watched her sit up and stretch out. "I slept well, you were right the couch is pretty comfortable and you acted as a good make-shift blanket." Daniel jested, raising his arms to either side as he stretched out.

Seeing Agape's hair stand up he chuckled lightly to himself, knowing full well that the back of his hair must be sticking up and splayed out after resting against the couch for so long. It'd probably be best for him to shower, and change after spending the night in his old clothes after eating and drinking at the servo. "Did you sleep well Agape? I hope you were comfortable." He went on, raising a hand towards her as he idly started fixing her hair.

Agape chuckled at his jest lifting her right hand to rub her eye, "I am glad you slept well." She turned her neck so it would crack itself and yawned feeling the effects of sleep slowly wither away. Agape glanced at Daniel, his hair was a mess but it was not only funny but cute. She laughed, "I slept well, you are very warm, and your heart is like a lullaby. Very soothing! I can tell you slept well, your hair sticks out in many places." She smiled as he fixed her hair and decided to fix his hair as well, she raised her hand to his hair and began smoothing the strands down with her fingers.

"Oh! I will make the goopy oatmeal today! For breakfast!" She clapped happily and her eyes lit up, "Oh but first I should take the raining bath." She thought about this for some time leaning her chin on her fist considering her words. She had meant to say shower, but calling it a raining bath seemed more appropriate.

Hearing how his own hair was a mess made him laugh, he was sure it was a sight to behold but it was nice to feel her fingers smooth it out in turn. "I'm glad that I served as an adequate pillow, bed and lullaby then." He went on, happy to hear that she had enjoyed resting atop of him. As she mentioned the oatmeal, he sat up beside her as well and nodded along; putting his fingers to his eyes and pressing the crust out of the corners. Her energy just waking up was as high as normal, which was a welcome feeling but one that he would have to adjust to.

"I should take a shower as well." He remarked, smiling lightly as he registered that she had called it a raining bath. It was an apt description, with two words from their vocabulary so he was happy to hear that she was adjusting on her own. "How about this, we'll go get ready and we can meet back here for breakfast." Daniel started, looking over her one more time. "But you'll have to hop off first, I don't want to push you off me - you're still warm." Daniel craned his neck to either side as he finished, eyes still open as he watched her prepare for the morning ahead.

Agape nodded in agreement and smiled, "is a plan!" She clapped happily and laughed when he told her to hop off, "Oops! You were so comfortable I forgot." She gave a cheeky smile and rubbed her neck moving her legs so she could plant them firmly on the floor, wiggling her toes to bring back the feelings in her legs. Standing up she stretched again, being sure to grab her jacket and bag off of the corner of the couch from where she had placed it before. Giving Daniel a smile she started making her way towards the corridor, she walked towards her room opening her door, she left it open finding no need in closing it. She tossed her jacket and bag on the bed and walked into the bathroom. Turning on the shower she walked back into the room to let it warm for a small second while she grabbed more clothes.

Once she had finished showering she stepped out and changed into Daniel's button-up shirt, she had kept it from her first night on the ship. And it was by far her favorite piece of clothing. Since it hung so low she felt no need to put on pants, the shirt was enough to cover the undergarments underneath. Walking to her bed she grabbed the small electronic device Daniel had bought her and held in in her hand before walking out of her room towards the kitchen. SHe didn't bother looking to see if Daniel was already there, she was on a mission.

Her hair was drying, starting to stick up in various places once more because of the water that clung to it, she didn't notice or mind as she placed her device on the counter and started grabbing bowls, and a pot from the cabinet. Reaching her hands she reached for the oatmeal but proved to be just a tad too short. She huffed and used her hand to lean on the counter standing on her tippytoes, this caused the button up to rise just a bit it stopping just at the beginning of her upper thigh.

Daniel smiled at Agape's laughter as she admitted to forgetting where she was, the cheeky smile she flashed seeming a bit mischievous but it was hard to tell sometimes. As she got up beside him and stretched Daniel swung his legs around as well, mimicking her toe stretch as he stretched the tendons in his calves and rose his knees a bit to get the blood flowing where it needed to go. His body happily complied, already reminding him to get something to eat as it ached. It would simply have to wait however as he prioritized preparing for the rest of the day.

He got up as Agape left for the corridor and followed suit, glancing for a moment towards her door as he realized that she had left it open. He saw her jacket and bag on the bed, but it had seemed she had already left for the bathroom. Shaking his head to take his thought away from the situation and his eyes from lingering, he returned to his own room and started to change. It took a few moments for him to remove everything he had to, turning the shower on throughout the process so that it had time to warm itself.

As he finished and got dressed he left his ceremonial blade in the room, dressing up in his button up, pants, and socks as his hair dried. Thankfully it didn't take long for his to dry with a towel's assistance, he took a few moments to comb it through; delighted that there was no ash or dust hidden in his clothes or hair or coating his body from earlier. He let himself rest for a few moments there as he settled down, just enjoying the warm air from the shower and the fact that he was home again before he made his way back out of his room.

Entering the kitchen, he was greeted by the sight of Agape reaching for the oatmeal. Seeing her only wearing his button up made him smile, it was an endearing sight that soon shifted as she struggled to reach. Daniel opened his mouth to offer his assistance, only for his eyes to flicker downwards as the shirt raised to her thighs. Her unique skin color was always a marvel to look at, but he refrained from staring too long as his mouth let out a short gasp before stepping closer and behind Agape. "Looks like you beat me here, I'll get it down if you still want to make it." He assured, reaching around her to bring the bag down before holding back a small laugh as he took in the sight of her drying hair and the scent that came with from a recent shower. It was all a pleasant experience to be sure, but he stepped aside after a moment to give her room to work.

Agape looked up at him and huffed pouting, "I had planned to start the goopy before you arrived. But, everything is very high." She took the bag and smiled happily, "Thank you!" She put the bag on the counter and crouched down to her device. "How to make oatmeal!" Agape smiled as the instructions popped on the screen, "I will make the best of oatmeals!" Grabbing a measuring cup she looked at her device and then carefully poured the oatmeal into the measuring cup. Smiling when she filled it to the numbered line she turned and sat it on the counter, she poured it into the pot as she started humming. Filling the measuring cup with the needed amount of water she poured that into the pot turning on the heat. She grabbed a spice from the lower cabinet, it was the brown sugar and placed it on the counter. Walking to the fridge she grabbed the fruits, apples, oranges, and bananas placing them on a plate. She pulled a knife from the drawer and sliced the fruits carefully, so she wouldn't nick herself. She threw away the peels and left the cut fruits on the plate. Smiling she checked on her oatmeal, it looked goopy and ready. Turning off the stove she walked back to the cabinet, lifting it in her hands she leaned on her tippy toes again. Lifting up a leg she scrunched her brows as she reached again, the shirt lifted slightly once more. "Almost have it!"

Daniel took a seat at the couch again as Agape continued to prepare the meal. He had a patient coming over later that he would be working with, but aside from that the day was relatively free. He took down a mental note to order more materials and supplies for the home, but he'd have to do a check up to see exactly what he needed - he didn't have the time yesterday to do a full inventory with how tired he was and their venture to the Servo. He heard from the kitchen Agape ask the device "How to make oatmeal" and he couldn't help but chuckle to himself. Learning it that way had its benefits, hopefully she'd only need to ask it a few times before she got it memorized but he found the concept pretty adorable.

It didn't take long for her to prepare everything, and with the fruit cut and displayed on the table he reached out for an orange slice and plopped it into his mouth before glancing back towards Agape. "Thank you for preparing breakfast," Daniel started. his eyes watched as she raised herself on a foot again, the hem of his shirt revealing a nice portion of her thigh as she reached to put the oatmeal away. Surely she could manage on her own, as she had when he was gone but he watched all the same - ready to move if she were to fall or trip from extending so much.

Back