Open Vitae Medical Cruiser

"...Human. At... at least in part, I'm human." He shuddered. "I don't know what I am anymore, some sort of half-breed frankenstien's monster."

He waved a guard to him, his eyes still a slight black, still thinking the twisted thoughts TMITM Gave him.

"Well if you're human, or at least in part this will make it easier for me." As the scan finished Daniel reached for a cotton swab and handed it over to his new patient. "Swab the inside of your cheeks for me, if I can tell what the substance you're spitting up is made of I might be able to make more for a transfusion - it'll at least help replace what you're losing."

One of the guards returned to address the individual who had just left, remembering the rude nature from earlier - but now it seemed this person was injured as well. "Weren't you just here, and healthy? What happened? The doctor already took your friend in to be taken care of."

"So, what do you want? I can potentially clear your system, give it a week and I can try replacing your blood with a synthetic replacement until your body grows accustomed to it." He repeated, but his monitor beeped with another alert.

Outside, the guard who had moved in to check on the stranger had been assaulted - leading to the second who was safe in the guard room to press the emergency button. At this point the hangar doors sealed, a siren blared outwards and the outpost with all of it's cameras and machinery whirred to life. This was a well-protected hangar, and at a moment's notice it was built to defend itself as automated sentries sprung from the rooftops of the guard posts and began firing at the man. Each shot was heated metal shot through an electromagnetic rail, it lacked the power of a railgun but came from the same line of thinking.

Daniel, getting the lockdown emergency alert gritted his teeth as the guard let him know who was the cause of this. A security camera feed coming through his monitor to show the lifeless corpse and the assailant. "Can you stay here on your own now? Nothing looks life-threatening here. It looks like your companion has returned, and if you have anything to do with this I'll have to deal with you now." Blindfold had no eyes to stare into, but his tone gave his anger away. He didn't mind taking care of patients, it was his passion, but the guards outside were friends of the family he had known for quite some time.

"He won't stop," Blindfold said, referring to his companion. "No one escapes unscathed from that place, and he is no exeption. He is not in control of his actions."

He disappeared in a cloud of smoke, appearing next to the guard who had sounded the alarm, slamming a fireball into his face, then raising his hands, and creating a forcefield as a bullet had hit his shoulder.

As he said that, hundreds of mechanical robots began to flood in, small dog-like creatures with glowing orange neon lights running down the side, a small laser in their mouths.

"Now," TMITM Was still in control, "Blindfold! Come out come out wherever you are!" Blindfold didn't respond, "Brother's come to say hello!"

"So he's here just to attack? Well, easy solution then if not rather unfortunate." Daniel grit his teeth, and turned towards his monitor. It was easily understood that the creature that was after his new patient, and with a few commands he had his ship closed up and in the air - leaving the hangar and entering orbit, nearing the rifts that surrounded the nexus. He was upset about leaving the guards to their fate, but he knew that staying there put them at greater risk. "We just left the Nexus, and to be honest, I'd rather not get involved with all of this. But I'll patch you up and get where you need to go."

Down below, the entirety of the hangar was on lock-down; it's doors sealed as sentry turrets continued to find targets in the droids that swarmed around.

"Give me Blindfold, or.." He heaved a guard to his feet, putting a knife against his neck. The alien creatures stopped attacking, three of them each were surrounding a guard, "Give. Him. To. Us."

"I have my own means of travel, but that's nice of you... You're a good man. Your ancestors would be proud."

An exceedingly large ship appeared in the distance, getting closer, "Don't even try to run! Or I will kill you and take Blindfolds body from the rubble!" He shouted, 'Like Blindfold would die anyway,' He thought.

He seemed to just realised the ship had left and slit the guards throat, "Kill the guards and secure the area, I'm going to chase them, and with that, he was stumbling forwards on Daniel's ship. "Honey! I'm home!"

Back