Open Vitae Medical Cruiser

Agape shook her head, "No, just stay here and close eyes. Please!" Agape moved to lift his hands over his eyes as added protection so he wouldn't peak. When she was sure he couldn't see she peered at him closely and waved her hand in front of his face to make sure. "No peeks!" Smiling widely satisfied that Daniel wasn't peeking she ran off to her room and reached under her bed until her hands grazed wrapping paper. Agape pulled the present from under her best and smiled at it excitedly before speaking her head out of her room, seeing that he still wasn't peeking she walked out of her room back to the common area.

The present was contained in a box, messily wrapped with bright red striped wrapping paper with quite a few colorful bows all around it and a silver strip of shimmery ribbon. Once she reached the common area she sat on the couch and held it out to him happily. "Open eyes now Daniel!" Her eyes lit up with the excitement, she really hoped he liked it. She had tried not to call his family for too much but did ask about daniel and what he did for a living. After confirming her conclusion he was a doctor she also found out he researched a lot of things, and she already knew he like tea. Of course, she had asked his family if he would like the gift and so she hoped they were right.

When Daniel would open the messily wrapped present he would find three things in the box. The first was a small jar with crystals so small it looked like sand, Agape had managed to teach herself how to create the crystals that covered the floor of her homelands. The second was a mug, the material was a lot like the frost that covered her room the first night, only solid. And if used it wouldn't melt under heat. The mug had Daniel's name messily carved on the side with strange symbols that would turn out to be Agape's home language. The final gift was a notebook, something she had asked his family to help her with, she had made it herself but she had politely asked for the supplies that were needed to make it. On the cover was Daniel's name, the same strange symbols on the cup, as well as a painting of Daniel and Agape on the back. Though they were in messy figures that could only be identified by the colors used.

Agape watched as he examined the gifts and waited patiently before asking, "Do-Do you like them?"

As Agape pressured him to close his eyes Daniel rose a brow to question it, how much of a surprise was this going to be? He was half-tempted to resist her request when she started to move his own hands to cover his eyes he couldn't help but laugh to himself and lament, letting her place them over his eyes as he closed his own to allow her to go off and retrieve the gift. "No peeking, got it." He confirmed as he heard her scurrying off, to what seemed like her room. He waited patiently for her turn, and as she took a seat in front of him again and asked him to open his eyes he looked down to the gift - wrapped in a mess of paper and covered in shimmering ribbons and bows. He smiled at the sight of it and chuckled to himself as he reached out to retrieve it, carefully removing the ribbons as to not tear them.

"You put a lot of work into wrapping it." Daniel mentioned as he worked to open it, his mind making the connection that she had definitely asked for help as none of these supplies were found on his ship. He'd have to reach out to his family at some point to see who had helped and how the conversation had went down, while he was glad to have the gift he was still curious as to how his family reacted to this. As he managed to get all the ribbons off and worked on the wrapping paper, his eyes lit up as he saw the collection of gifts that she had gathered for him. A rather large, genuine smile slowly crept to his face as he marveled over them - turning each one around in his hands as he took the sights in. The jar full of sand was the most confusing of the three, but a part of him remembered her recent explanation of her homeland and the two different kinds of dust that covered it - the sight of this was reminiscent of what she was explaining to him, but he was curious as to how she made it. The other two were simpler to understand, and he enjoyed the both of them the most.

His family didn't have many monetary concerns, and his needs had always been met growing up in the Nexus, even when he was ill and faced an early passing his family went out of their way with connections to get him the treatment he needed. Daniel appreciated all of that, but because of this upbringing it was rather uncommon for him or anyone else in the family to receive a hand-made gift, and now he had two of them. He held the mug aloft and ran his finger over his name that was carved on the side, as well as the symbols. He set it down gently beside him before looking over the journal. The materials were of high quality, so he knew his family may have ordered them, but the way it was created was most definitely hand-made. Agape had managed to put it all together to make the final result and as he looked over his name and flipped it over to see the crude painting of the two of them. He sat there, staring at it for a few moments in wonder before looking back up to Agape. "I love it, they're amazing." He started, glancing between all 3 again. "You really went through the trouble of making me gifts, I kind of feel bad for not bringing you a souvenir back." He jested, averting his gaze as he felt a bit of emotion well up in response to her kindness. He set down the gifts beside him and reached out to hug Agape, feeling like an immediate show of his gratitude was in order. "Thank you; I really appreciate this Agape, I'll definitely use them."

"I read that wrapping is the most fun part!" Agape smiled and chuckled watching him open it. As he did she collected the ribbons he placed on the couch and put them on the table in a pile. Agape would put them away later, they were so colorful and she wanted to keep them as practice materials. Agape's eye's lit up and she smiled matched him as she watched his grin grow. Agape was happy he enjoyed the gifts. She had spent a few days trying to figure out what to make him, and once she had she spent the time she wasn't studying, eating, bathing or etc. To make the gifts. Agape looked at him and rubbed her neck, "You don't have to feel bad, you've given me plenty of gifts. This is a thank you gift. I know I must have been a handful but, you've always been very kind and- uhm- waitful on me? And you've taught me lots of things too." When he placed the gifts down and opened his arms for a hug she lowered her hand from her neck and hugged him just as tightly as when he had first arrived.

"I'm glad you really like them. I was worried you wouldn't." Agape leaned back and let him go smiling, "I just wanted to thank you for helping me is all, and on my planet, we give gifts in thanks all the time." She gave a cheeky smile and sat back, giving presents was easier than just kissing a person. And she was content knowing he liked her gifts. He had taught her new things, given her new clothes, and a net device of her own when she first got here. She owed him a present from a long time ago.

As the hug was released Daniel settled back into his side of the couch, listening in as she described the reason behind everything. From her perspective he had been giving her gifts in the form of taking care of her, helping her learn the language and getting her settled into the Nexus. A large part of him was proud of helping, but there was still the portion of him that did all of this as a way to learn about her and her people so he could understand new races. In his mind it was a small price to pay to learn and be at the forefront of it, but he didn't know if that was something he could explain to her succinctly so he let it be for the moment. "You're a pleasure to work with Agape, you have hardly been a bother but I appreciate the work that you've put in. You've made this rather easy on me too." Daniel went on, "I was patient for you, close to 'waiting on me', but you have the right meaning. Your gifts were well thought-out, and I'll have to thank my family for helping you and somehow keeping it a secret from me too."

Daniel took a glance back at the gifts for a moment before continuing. "Can you explain to me what the writing means in your language?" He asked, running a finger over the back of the journal and matching it up in his eyes towards what was on the mug. The journal he could keep on him and start using as he finished up his current one, the mug would stay with the kitchen for his tea, and the jar... Would it be better in his room or in the medical bay? He sat there considering the best place to keep it as he waited for her response.

Agape smiled pleased that he enjoyed his gift, "I made them have a promise to not speak a word." She watched him examine the gifts once more and glanced between him and the symbol that marked her gifts. "It means a good person, or in your language friend, I think. It is common on my planet, called Froeint Naugr. I am not certain how to translate it, but it is similar to someone being very close to your heart." Her eye looked at her hands for a brief moment before she continued, "You are a very dear person to me. And I thought it would look nice on your things, b-because we are companions!"

Agape looked at the jar, she should probably explain that gift since it was odd. "Your family said you like to study things. I made the dust from my home planet for you to study it. It would help to understand the composition of my planet." Her eyes met his and she smiled, "I am still very happy you enjoy your gifts."

Daniel laughed to himself as she mentioned that she had got his family to promise to keep a secret. His uncle would have definitely kept it and helped her out given the opportunity. As she explained what the symbols meant to him he nodded along. "It's a nice gesture, and I'll see if I can get that pronunciation right myself. Fro-ent Nah-gr." He murmured to himself, keeping the journal close to himself. "I'm glad that you see me as a friend Agape." He continued before listening through her explanation of the jar.

"How did you remake it?" Daniel questioned, staring at it in a bit of marvel. "And I do like to study things, normally physiological things but I enjoy dabbling into culture and environment since it helps shape someone's development. This should give me a bit of an insight, I enjoy them very much Agape. Is there anything I can get for you as well?" He went on, feeling like he should provide something further for her. The planet he left wouldn't have been great to get a gift, but he could definitely do something here for her.

Agape chuckled as he tried to pronounce the words, "That wasn't bad, teaching my language is a lot more complicated than yours." Agape smiled and looked at him. "I am glad to have you as a friend, Daniel." She was more than happy that he was back, they had shared emotions and he had enjoyed her gifts. Agape couldn't imagine the day getting any better than what it already was. He had helped her feel a little less homesick and more welcome in his home than she thought she could be.

Agape watching him stare at the jar and looked at him when he asked her how she created it. "I will show you." She got up as he continued speaking, walking over to the kitchen she moved to the sink and grabbed her cup. She turned on the faucet and filled it with water before walking back to the common area. Agape placed the cup on the table and sat back down beside him. "You've done enough. I don't need anything else. Just watch." Agape closed her eyes as her form shifted once more. When she opened her now blue eyes she looked at the teacup. Holding her palm toward the cup the water rose in a blob from the cup. Agape's eyes lit up their neon blue and the blob separate into smaller balls. The small water droplets froze and Agape closed her palm making them turn to dust and drop into the cup, some of the dust falling around it.

Agape lowered her hand and was breathing just a little hard as her features turned back to normal she turned and smiled to him. "It took many days of practice, but now I can do it with little effort!"

Daniel smiled at being told that his pronunciation wasn't too bad, he enjoyed learning other languages but was only proficient in 4 from the most common races that his family interacted with. He knew a few words here and there form others but rarely had the chance to practice them, but the Nexus made sure that there was always some kind of value in learning the cultures of others. He watched patiently as Agape left to the kitchen to pour herself a cup of water, and as she brought it back and instructed him to just watch he nodded along.

As the water rose and began to separate he was a bit fascinated, he knew she had the ability to help control the temperature to an extent but this was his first time learning that she could freely move water - even separate, freeze and to his astonishment turn to dust. Was this dust just a refinement of powdered snow? "That's, rather remarkable.." He trailed off, seeing how it filled up the cup with only a bit straying away. "We don't get to see that kind of transformation often, but it definitely looks like you put a lot of work into it Agape." The amount of time she must have spent perfecting it, in addition to learning the language and preparing his gifts was astonishing - and even though she mentioned that he needn't do anything more he knew of a way to do just that.

"You must have spent a lot of time in the ship, Agape, would you like to travel around tonight? There's a lot more to see in the Nexus, and after you sharing about your planet and culture I would love to show you around the city." Daniel faced her as he made the request, knowing that she was feeling homesick inside he figured that this may be a more interesting distraction and a way to get her comfortable with venturing out into the Nexus on her own.

Agape still smiling looked at him, "It took a small while to learn how to do it, the crystals that covered my land are only a bit different because they were not man-made as far as I am aware." She scratched her cheek and looked at the cup for a moment before meeting his eyes as he spoke. Her eyes lit up and she nodded, "Yes! To learn about this Nexus first hand would be amazing!" She squealed in delight and thought about it, "Are there dangerous people there?" A flash of concern ran over her face and disappeared just as quickly. She was certain that as long as Daniel was there she would be fine. Agape was nervous of course, but nothing she couldn't shake off in time.

"Few and far between, but we don't have to worry about that; I won't be taking you anywhere that we'll have to worry about dangerous people." Daniel responded kindly, taking a moment to fold the blanket beside him and collect his gifts. "We can leave in a bit, but I'll let you get ready; you did just wake up from a nap so I figure you may want some time to prepare." He went on, smiling at the hair that she had still protruding from resting on the couch. While her form had shifted the colors and her appearance, it hadn't done much to help her adjust the sleepy-head that she had.

He got about cleaning up the dishes, leaving his new mug gift in the kitchen so he could use it more frequently. The journal he kept in his room, taking some time to change into a very similar outfit but one he hadn't been wearing on the mission prior. His last step was to decide that he'd keep the jar full of dust inside the medical bay; atop a cabinet that was otherwise clear and near his work space. As he finished preparing he waited back in the common room by the ramp for Agape.

Agape smiled and chuckled, "Okay! I will be ready in short time!" Agape stood and turned to grab the blanket her had neatly folded. She watched him walk to the kitchen before walking down the corridor to put away the blanket. Once she had properly put it away she walked to her own room, her bed was neatly made, and her desk was covered with sticky notes and papers neatly stacked. Walking over to the computer she turned it off before heading to her bathroom, she looked in the mirror and laughed at her reflection. Had she looked so ridiculous the whole time? She brushed her hair and washed her face, brushing her teeth and all of that other great stuff. Leaving her room she closed her door and made her way back to the common room. "Daniel I'm ready!" She wasn't sure if he was in the kitchen or common room, and she also wondered if he was still tired.

"... Yes. I can't..." he lowered his head and spat up the inky substance again.

"So uh, where will this so called 'doctor' be that you say is so good? Cause he better be to fix something like.. Well not to be rude Blindfold, but whatever you are." He said, by the end of the sentence fiddling awkwardly.

Blindfold smiled grimly. He didn't know what he was, either. "I think he has the best chance..."

As the two approached they would be greeted by the sight of a large Hangar, with a set of large doors meant for ships that was currently closed. At the foot of the hangar was a guard-post, with two individuals talking among each other casually. As you two approach one lifts his head in recognition and leaves their post to greet the both of you. "Stay right there, I can see one of you are hurt.." He trailed off, his eyes looking towards the inky substance leaving the man being carried. "Are you here for the doctor? We can give him a call, but we saw him leave a few hours ago."

He tilted his head towards Blindfold, sarcasm in his voice "No were not here for the doctor, we're here for a nice cup of tea."

"Yes, we're here for the..." he paused as the tremors racked his body once again. "...Doctor," he said, as he recovered.

"Why else would we be here? A nice chat? Some tea and biscuits?" Sarcasm dripped from his voice, "Of course we're here to see the doctor."

The guard rose a brow at the one giving them sarcasm. "You do realize we have no requirement to help you here, right?" The man said folding his arms, but despite the rude nature the one who was injured seemed in desperate need and was as polite as a injured man could be. He waved to his companion back at the main room. "Give the Vitae a call, tell him it's urgent and that he has a patient at the main gates!"

Back