Open Vitae Medical Cruiser

When Daniel called her she stopped turning and faced him tilting her head. She glanced at the objects in his hand, the bandages and that stinging spray from before. She turned so her body face forward once more and lifted her gaze to him. The spray made her nervous, but it was nothing she couldn't handle. A sharp inhale escaped her lips when he started to undo the bandages, the movement brought the soreness she had all but ignored back to her attention. And the bandages stuck to her skin only a bit as he pulled them. Agape exhaled once they were off, she barely noticed the cool air surrounding her, her skin held no trace of goosebumps. She watched him throw away the bandages and glanced at the supplies he had sat down before.

Agape wondered when he had learned medicine, and as well as how this planet seemed so much more advanced than her own. When she felt his gaze o her she lifted her eyes to his and gave him a small reassuring smile. Sure, her side throbbed but soon she wouldn't feel a thing. When he reached for the spray her eyes followed his hands as the went to her sides. She tensed at the feeling of the spray and benched her fists. It stung, it stung terribly. It seemed to burn more than it did the day before. Agape felt tears spring in the corner of her eyes as she winced, but, she sat as still as she could. Agape knew it was for her own good, and Daniel was a good man so she would put her trust in him.

A small sigh of relief escaped her lips when he finally stopped with the spray, she lifted her arms gently so he could wrap the bandage around her side. She stared at the top of his head as he did so, his hair was so dark it reminded her of the night sky. When he spoke she jumped a bit having been lost in her own thoughts and smiled at him, "Done!" She mocked him smiling as she watched him walk away to put the supplies away. When he came back with a different device, she peered at it curiously. She looked down at it as it was held to her side, the scanner would show that she had no internal bleeding. The wound was just merely her flesh, if the system showed her organs it would show they layout was normal to that of a human, besides her two having two hearts. Once Daniel had finished his scanning Agape would smile and hold out her arms for a hug as her regular way of saying thanks.

Daniel was calm as he worked, the time he had put into perfecting his craft led him to have steady hands and a trained eye as he focused on getting her setup as smoothly as possible. The movements were routine, and thankfully very simple, as many other operations he had to go through while in the medical bay tended to be rather severe or complex in nature when it came to other species. As she winced through the sting of the spray he offered a small smile to encourage her, "You're doing well." He uttered again, softly as he worked to give her some from of encouragement. To trust a stranger like this wasn't common among others, and the more he worked and got to know Agape the more he started to realize just how open she was.

He'd have to attribute this to her culture, or she just happened to be brought up in an environment where she had fewer concerns. Then again, helping her out in a time of need may have affected that greatly. As she mimicked his done he stifled a chuckle, focusing more on his work as she sat patiently and allowed him to go ahead. His eyes shifted over to the scan, happy to see that she showed no signs of internal injuries but he realized something that he had missed the night before - Agape happened to have two hearts. Squinting softly as he traced over her hearts with the scanner, his eyes followed the pathways and how they connected to the rest of her body. While unique, he allowed himself only a few moments of admiration before he turned the scanner off and returned it. Glancing back towards Agape and noticing her outstretched arms he smiled, realizing she was hoping for a hug.

"Hug." He repeated as he drew nearer to her, while her phone wasn't in her hands it still beeped and registered the phrase; showing two others hugging each other. Daniel reached out to her, hugging her carefully as to not disrupt her wounds and after a moment he helped her down from the bed and onto her feet. After a moment, he let himself pull away from the hug knowing that she was stable and on her feet. "Follow." He repeated, hearing her phone beep again before he would lead her back to her own room.

It wouldn't take long for him to work on the monitor, ensuring that the program he had installed to the ship's center pulled up and worked properly. The program advertised an intensive learning environment for his language, even for those starting from scratch, but he would have to wait and see how it worked. With the program active he turned towards Agape, pulling out a seat for her and offering it to her so that she may take a look at the program and get a feel for it with him there.

Agape smiled at him and carefully placed her legs on the ground and slid her arms to her sides when he let her go. "Hug!" Now she knew the word it wouldn't be so strange for her to ask for it. Agape leaned down and grabbed the oversized shirt she had been wearing before, slipping it over her body and looking at him. When he told her to follow she grabbed her device and stared at the picture for a moment before following him out of the room. When they reached her room she looked around, the frost had grateful been cleaned up by them this morning so there was nothing left to clean. She watched Daniel move to the bigger device and stood beside him as he typed.

When he pulled out a seat for her she carefully sat and the looked up at him curiously, she placed her own small device on empty space by the desk. She glanced at the program and joked the computer's screen, jumping when he finger bumped off it.

As Agape took the seat Daniel reached over and tapped at a few buttons that were displayed through the monitor, and with a light beep the program came to life and greeted them with a "Hello! Welcome to Rosetta, your universal translator" and after a brief explanation Daniel had it set up so that it would start with the basics, introducing nouns so she understood what things were called before moving on to how they may interact with each other.

As it got started Daniel stayed beside her to show her how it worked, how to proceed, and stayed inside Agape's room when she started to get the hang of it. He eventually retired towards the guest bed, pulling out his own device to catch up on his own work and let his uncle know how everything was going. Working this way, it was rather easy for Daniel to start losing track of time.

Agape stared at the screen as it spoke and looked at it in awe. She didn't understand the words but figured it would become easier as she went along. She copied the vocals on the screen her fac delighting up with delight as the annunciations started to sounds similar. Agape spent the rest of the evening practicing the words. She would only stop when Daniel had informed her it was time to eat, or when she needed to relieve herself. After they had eaten dinner she would have followed Daniel to help gather the dishes and curiously watch him clean. Once that was done she went to her room and bid Daniel a goodnight. She showered and had she received more clothes to sleep in she would have pulled them over herself and slipped into bed.

The next few days went the same way, Daniel at one point had told her he had to leave for work. By the time he had left she had gotten the concept of many things down, she had even learned how to make some basic snacks for herself. The incident with the frost only happened once more before she had gotten a handle on it. Her wound had mostly healed and was no longer bleeding, the pain from it seemed more like a sting than the drumming from before. She spent her days without Daniel on the computer, eating and exploring the house. Though she was sure to clean up after herself. Her pronunciation was a lot better than before, if not with the slightest of accents. And she could hold a conversation if she really wanted to. Some complexities were still lost but she was positive that when Daniel returned she would be able to talk to him much more about the difference of their planets. The Day that Daniel returned Agape had fallen asleep on the couch in the outfit he had bought her on the first day, her hair splayed out on the pillow of the couch, and her hand propping her cheek as she laid.

The last few days had been rather nerve-wrecking for Daniel. Heading out with the Sierran's had led him to another planet that suffered from an infection that consumed all in it's wake, which in a sense made him feel rather guilty about himself but there was a difference - he had some control, he had logic and ideals with him and above all he knew how to keep it sated without having to set loose upon anything else. Daniel sighed softly as he approached the hangar, putting on a smile for the guards as they checked his clearance and let him in. He didn't need others seeing him disgruntled, it looked bad on him and his family if they did after all. As he approached his ship his mind started to shift however. 'Agape.' He reminded himself of the young woman that now stayed with him, her wound had recovered well enough for her to be discharged by now but yet she stayed with him to learn the language and get acclimated to the world around them.

Part of him was grateful for the company, while his line of work did lead him to work with many others and keep a variety of connections; many of them were just for work. He didn't keep very many outside his family that would be considered social contacts, the few that he had met at the Leaky Servo were the closest he had to companions and even then he hardly knew them or spent any time with them outside chance meetings around the Nexus. With a slight hiss the ramp of his ship opened up and allowed him entry, closing shortly after he made his way into the common area. "Agape?" He asked aloud to the room, not hearing a response he got about settling in again. The place was quiet so she was either content listening to her learning program, or possibly sleeping early? No sooner had the thought crossed his mind than he turned towards the couches, seeing her lithe form fast asleep.

With her hair splayed out across the couch and hand across her cheek Daniel couldn't help but make a genuine smile at the gentle sight. He stood there for a moment, just admiring how relaxed and serene she looked in her sleep - her outfit, the one they had ordered together on her first night there fit her well. His family symbol embroidered on it marked her as a connection to the family, even if it wasn't by blood or marriage she would be recognized as a representative from Vitae if she were to explore elsewhere with that clothing. If they had left together to attend anything, she would most likely be assumed to be his partner.

Daniel shook his head lightly at the thought, softly laughing to himself as he imagined how his family may respond to the thought. His mother had been looking for connections to set him up with, so it wasn't uncommon for the thought to be crossing his mind now. Daniel left the common room in search for extra blankets, kept inside a small closet in the hallway that had Agape's room and another empty guest room. He brought it back towards Agape and made sure to slowly tuck her in, taking a moment to bring her hair closer to her so it wouldn't be so splayed out all over the couch.

After making sure she was settled in he found his way back into the kitchen, and got about brewing himself some tea to decompress from his work days with the Sierran's. Even now, he had more on his plate as his schedule started to fill up with patients who had waited for him to return as well as more requests coming in through the Nexus for help from those who had the power to do so.

Agape turned her head as she was sleeping when he called her name but didn't rouse herself from sleep, only mumbling incoherent words before falling back into her light breathing pattern. When he covered her she turned on her side and held the blanket close, welcoming the added warmth even though the cold did not bother her. Agape opened her eyes, hearing the movement of someone in the kitchen. She slowly sat up the blanket sliding off her shoulders as she did so. Rubbing her eyes she looked around before lifting herself from the couch. "Daniel?" Agape walked towards the kitchen and stretched as she did, her bones giving a satisfying crack. When she finally made it into the kitchen she spotted Daniel's familiar black tuff of hair.

A smile broke out on her tired face, she had missed him. Having his company for the many days before he left she had fond herself becoming lonely without him in the weeks that passed. "Daniel is home! Agape is-I mean I am happy!" She chuckled with delight and walked over to him holding out her arms, "Hug please Daniel!" Her voice was filled with excitement as she looked up at him. He was her one and only friend in this new place, though she loved to meet new people, in her teachings she had found that not everyone was as nice as she initially assumed. And without Daniel with her, she felt uncomfortable if she were to leave the ship. Plus if she were to hold a conversation she wanted her first to be with, Daniel.

Agape examined his face, he was tired from the look of it. And now that she knew the words she could ask him if she could check how he really felt. But first, she would enjoy his hug, show him the present she had made, and then hear about his trip.

Daniel was watching the water boil, letting his mind wander as he thought about the mission and the threats that it had posed to him and his newfound companions with the Sierran's. He licked his lips lightly, his mind trickling back to the ash that had covered the planet - hell bent on consuming everything in it's path. It made him feel a bit dirty, even if he had cleaned himself off before arriving home; a shower just felt like an amazing idea all the same so he can let it start to wash away his concerns. The water began to boil just as he heard the stirrings from Agape over on the couch, so he turned the heat down to let it stay warm enough for tea before turning back over to Agape as she approached him.

"Good evening Agape." He replied, smiling softly and happily reciprocating her hug. He held her tight for a while, taking a bit of solace in her familiarity before he let her go. "I'm happy to see you too, you're doing a lot better by the way! How much have you been practicing?" Daniel asked, he had been gone for quite a while so he was happy to see that his time away had been productive for her and that she had fared well on her own. The time spent making sure she knew how to work his kitchen and the ship's basic features had paid off it seemed, but he'd have to check in with family to see if she had needed them for anything or if they had any news for him after his time away.

Taking a glance back towards the water he got about pouring the both of them a cup of tea, the same that he had offered her the first night she had arrived - A staple for Daniel that he could always fall back on. "Anything interesting happen while I was away?"

"I practice every day, though I only stop if necessary. And I have learned to make some interesting things! Like the goopy oatmeal, you made when I first arrived." She smiled at him and lifted the cup to her lips taking a small sip followed by a satisfied sigh. "You make best tea Daniel, I tried but it never came out- uhm- right? I think that's the word." Agape chuckled lightly and met his gaze before shaking her head. "Nothing at all...Actually I did fold clothes! And-and I made you a present! Oh but first I wish to hear about your trip." Agape smiled and finished her tea, once she was done she walked to the sink and rinsed off her cup sitting it to the side for later. "And now that I can talk to you! I can ask you many of the-er-phrases of curiosity?" She turned back to hm leaning her hands on the sink and crunching her face as she tried to remember the word.

Daniel was impressed by her dedication to learning the language, even if he wasn't all that surprised. She had demonstrated a great work ethic and attitude for it early on so he had grown to assume that from her. As she mentioned the goopy oatmeal he laughed, glad that she was enjoying the small things in life. "I'm glad that you enjoy it, I'll be sure to teach you a few other simple meals to make and you can start giving me suggestions as to what you like." He went on, nodding along as she complimented his tea and stumbled with her words. "You're correct, 'right' can be used a few different ways but the way you used it works. I'll teach you how it turns out right, it's mostly about how hot the water is and how long you let it seep." Daniel went on, thinking for a moment about the jargon that was involved with tea brewing.

His eyes rose a bit however as she mentioned a present. Nevermind her having done the laundry, his mind slightly considering what she had done with his clothes and if they were okay but the idea of a gift left him perplexed. "Oh? I'm kind of more curious about the present though." He responded with a small smile, "And you mean to ask me Questions." Daniel continued with the emphasis on the word, he took pride in helping her learn the language even if he wasn't incredibly eager with regaling her about the story of the planet they had visited. "I can tell you a bit about it, but you let me know if it get's a bit much alright?" Daniel moved closer to Agape as he explained his trip in detail to her, the destruction the ash had caused, how part of it seemed like a living-being, and what they had to do to eventually get it to stop from covering the whole planet. (Forum still in progress ^^)

As he explained, he stood beside her at the sink; finishing his cup of tea while idly cleaning up after himself. He rolled up his sleeves to wash the kettle he had used, taking glances here and there towards Agape to see how she responded to the story.

Agape smiled happy that she had gotten the right words. "I can make you breakfast now! And then you won't have to do it all the time." She chuckled lightly and stretched before leaning back on the sink. Agape had sincerely missed Daniel, having someone to have a conversation with that she didn't have to fear was not nice was pleasant. She watched his eyebrows rise and stifled another chuckle. He made the most interesting expressions, she would have to study him one day. "Yes, Questions! And the present I hope you will like! But, a surprise is better with the-uhm-anticipating!" Her head tilted as she smiled, her hair brushed her shoulders. It was still wild from her nap, and little tuff stuck up in some areas.

Agape nodded eagerly as he warned her before speaking, she listened intently and a small frown graced her expression. Destruction was not something she was familiar with but she had learned the word. She found the word unpleasant and didn't understand how someone or something could cause such devastating. Her hand rose as she rubbed her neck and shook the feeling from her head. Glancing at Daniel she thought it was as good a time as ever to ask. "Ah- that sounds...stressful? I believe that is the word. But- how are you feeling after it all? You look more tired than usual.....Would it be alright if I checked how your feeling?" Agape cleared her throat, this was one of the first times since coming to this planet she had felt uncomfortable. She wasn't sure how he would react to her question, probably curious and confused. She glanced at his face after she spoke and looked to her hands. She would explain depending on his reaction she decided.

"That's only if you start waking up before me now." Daniel joked, but he was happy that Agape wished to make breakfast for him. It was a small thing in general, but the gesture was rather kind and he appreciated having someone who was excited to do it for him. As she exclaimed at remembering the word questions, before going on to explain how she was building anticipation for the gift Daniel stifled a small laugh. "A surprise is better with the anticipation." He repeated kindly, "Anticipating is an active-tense, so you'd consider it a verb in our language; but you're right. It does make me even more curious."

As he finished with the dishes Daniel began drying his hands, looking towards Agape as she deemed the situation stressful. That was a good way to put it, considering the potential concerns it had brought upon them and the risks the others had to go through. He nodded along with her statement, but as she asked how he was feeling and if she could check on it he met her eyes - confusion evident on his brows. "Isn't that what you're doing? You're checking on how I'm feeling by asking, and you're right I feel a bit tired and relieved about the result but it was still a bit draining." Daniel went on, pausing for a moment as he glanced back towards the sink; putting the hand-towel away before glancing back to Agape. "It's alright to check how I'm feeling, and now that we can communicate clearly does that go both ways?"

Since returning, Daniel hadn't been able to ask her too many questions - the immediate being how she fared and what she did while he was out, but as she questioned feelings he started to wonder just how well did he understand how she felt about this? Was she truly excited and energetic, or putting on a brave face in a new world? He'd have to find out, little by little depending on how open she would be to sharing.

Agape nodded, "Your language is very complicated, but that makes it very interesting! And keep your curiosity! It will make it exciting!" After he spoke about his trip, once she responded she noted the confusion on his face and sighed slightly. "Well, yes. But, that is not the way I meant. I can feel your emotions, with a touch. If necessary I can take the feeling away and replace it with- well any other feeling. Though-well nevermind that. But, I have been wanting to ask for quite some time, but I realized that our customs are very different." She held her arm and bit her lip before letting out a breath and looking up at him.

"I will share as well my feelings, though if you wish it to be verbal rather than through touch that is fine. A-and if you don't want me to see your emotions that way is understand." She cleared her throat and the hand holding her arm moved to her neck as she smiled to lessen the awkward feeling in her stomach. Of course, she wasn't pleased to think about how much she missed her home she did agree that it was only fair to him if she shared. She had occupied her time with studying, so her thoughts hadn't been consumed by how she let during her time there. Agape could only recall small moments where she had felt anything but happiness.

Daniel listened as she explained the difference between asking and how she would be able to tell his emotions from touch. 'An empath?' He thought to himself, the concept was familiar and could be found through a few of the races in the Nexus. Even a few worked with the Vitae family in the medical field, their abilities quite helpful when diagnosing a few patients who had trouble explaining concerns or by simply calming the erratic ones who needed to settle down for treatment or medicine. The fact that she had been waiting to ask him this made him curious, was this something that was common in her culture? A more, open way of sharing feelings?

He thought on it for a moment, and while he wasn't too keen on changing his feelings he didn't mind sharing them. He felt that going through the conflict that problems brought was his way of developing through them. Someone had to feel for those that were lost on the planet. "I don't mind if you touch me Agape, if that's what you need to share - But I don't want you to take any of the feelings away. Even the negative ones." He went on with a small smile. "They're necessary too, even if their unpleasant."

Daniel watched as she moved her hand from her arm to her neck, she had just moved it earlier and in this motion he could tell that she was rather uncomfortable, nervous, or felt awkward about the situation. "Here, let's sit down and you show me what you mean alright?" Daniel offered, stepping past her and away from the sink a small smile crossing his lips as he said "Follow?" This time holding back a laugh, but he made sure to try and push for humor when she seemed a bit uncomfortable - he hoped that it would put her at ease by repeating one of the first words she had learned in such a manner. He would move to take a seat on the couch where she had been laying down, not sure if it would be warm or cold if she had frosted it over but as he moved the blanket over the one side he found that it was just warm. It seemed he didn't have to worry too much about her shifts if she consistently managed to keep them under control. He sat so that she would have the corner of the couch, and if she approached he would leave his right hand out as an offering to hold - his sleeves still rolled up from finishing the dishes earlier.

Agape looked between him and the floor until he spoke, she let out a small breath when he spoke and looked up at him. "Okay. I promise I won't take any of the feelings away, and I will share mine as well." She smiled again and removed her hand from her neck, she didn't know why it had made her so nervous. Agape had come to terms with Daniel being kind and understanding, though since reading about the reality of this world it had shaken her line of thinking quite a bit. Her planet knew no grief like the one she could find on other planets, death was merely a cycle and celebrated for the life that person held. The most vicious creature they had lived high in the mountains away from the places her people lived.

When Damiel moved past her she lifted her gaze, her thoughts had been consumed by the differences in this place. She chuckled when he said to follow, she nodded her head and pushed herself away from the sink. "Yes, follow!" She was grateful that he was cheering her up, or at least she felt like that was his intention. It had thankfully made her relax, she trailed behind him staring at his back as she thought about connecting with his emotions for the first time. For her people, it was common, normal you could say. For an outsider, it might have seemed intrusive, and she didn't know how he would feel after it.

Luckily she had been working on keeping her powers in control while she slept, part of the couch had remained warm, but for the most part, her body temperature had sustained its normal chill. She sat comfortably beside him and hesitantly took his hand. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes. A small gasp escaped her lips, letting out a mist as though the room was freezing. Her hair changed to its glowing white color and her skin lightened. When she opened her eyes they were light blue and looked almost neon. Once the bright color had calmed to a more normal tone, she sighed as she processed each of his feelings, as she did so she pushed her own through to him.

She started from the confusion she first felt at the sight of this new world, to the awe and wonder she had felt at every little detail of technology. The welcoming kindness she had shown when he healed her, the worry she had felt when she had covered the room with frost, the feeling of happiness when she ate the food he cooked, and even the slight pain from the spray. Her homesickness, and the loneliness she felt when he left. She showed him her emotions so he would understand that even though she was scared, having him there made it better. And earning new things filled her heart with joy.

Daniel couldn't help but feel a bit nervous himself as Agape drew nearer, part of his job relied on him maintaining his composure and keeping emotions in check. While that didn't mean he couldn't share them with others, it did mean he would normally keep them to himself as he didn't see any kind of therapist to share or vent his feelings too. As Agape sat beside him and held his hand he allowed himself to relax a bit, her hand was warm at first but there was a small chill to it that caught his attention. His eyes turned towards her as she shifted, her hair a snowy white and a fine mist escaping her lips in a gasp. He would have to ask her more about this form, as it was never quite explained to him - but he would have time for that later. Her rush of feelings caught him off guard, sure, knowing about empaths was one thing but experiencing it was entirely different than he had imagined.

From her confusion, to wonder, worry, happiness, pain and finally her loneliness. Daniel let out a short gasp of his own as he went through the experiences, and without thinking reflected on his own. The surprise he felt at the sudden call from his uncle, the shock he felt upon her arriving at his doorstep, the worry he felt as he worked on her, the astonishment he felt at how quickly and eagerly she learned the language, his embarrassment at misunderstanding her intentions when she dragged him to her room and small amount of it when she had first changed in front of him, his relief when understanding he could solve the problem rather easily for her. These emotions soon shifted however to the mission he was on, his curiosity at what may have plagued it, his happiness at meeting a colleague and like-minded individuals, his shock and concern over seeing half the planet already consumed, and the worry he felt as he approached the ash itself. Shaking his head slightly to clear his thoughts, Daniel just squeezed Agape's hand.

He didn't know what to do after experiencing all of that, but he shared how relieved that he was that he made it back to the Nexus, and to her. He shared how happy he was seeing her safely asleep on his couch, even how tired he was despite it, he shared how he appreciated how she looked in her new outfit and how proud he was to see her progress with the language. After a moment of letting his feelings catch up to his present self he turned towards her again, "This is a custom for your tradition, right?" He asked, pretty sure of the answer. "Would a hug afterwards be custom as well? I'm sorry that you feel lonely while I'm gone, but I'm happy to feel... How you feel, with me back. I want you to know that I'm here to help with the fears and uncertainty." Daniel finished, still facing her new neon eyes and lighter appearance. He offered her a hug all the same, preparing for it to be a bit chilly as well.

Agape smiled when Daniel squeezed her hand, she gave a squeeze back and slowly let his hand go processing his feelings. She hadn't expected a lot of the emotions he felt and she took it by surprise going over each one carefully without removing them from his mind. Agape was more than happy he shared, and now she felt a lot closer to Daniel. And was relieved that she understood how he felt in her own sense. She gave him a moment to process things as she stared at him, a lot of the emotions she had never experienced before. But, she had learned through the training, experiencing them first hand was an entirely different feeling.

When he spoke she nodded her head smiling, "Yes. In a way it is custom. It is more of a part of our life rather than anything. It is the way we connect with each other, and the easiest way to communicate what words can't say." Agape paused for a moment to think about the emotions she had never felt before turning back to him and giving him a tight hug. As expected her body had chilled during her shift but was slowly going back to its original state and color. "It's not custom, usually we kiss in thanks. But, I like your hugs. And, I want you to know I am here as well. Not like my people, your kind tends to keep their feelings to themselves a lot of times. I realized that my people are very open about everything, and a little- uh- naivee? Coming here I guess that everyone was the same as us and that no one was a threat." Agape pulled back from the hug and looked at him, "I also realize there are many emotions I have never seen or experienced in this lifetime because of the way my people are, experiencing them is a lot different than reading about them." She laughed and smiled at Daniel. She was happy that her world had shifted, she learned a lot of new things. Things she could teach and show her people.

Daniel nodded along as Agape explained that it was part of her people's life, instead of just a custom. He found it difficult himself, but as she went on and explained how she had lived in a world that didn't know the kind of strife that was evident in a lot of the worlds that found themselves into the Nexus Daniel couldn't help but have a small smile. "I admire your people, I really do. I wouldn't say that you were naive, you managed to have a culture that I'm sure a lot of other races here would be happy to have; we just had to learn to be wary as we couldn't share our emotions the same way. You might be able to teach us a few things about getting along." He went on, smiling a bit wider as he imagined a new person to the Nexus helping guide others to interacting in more effective ways with a clearer understanding. "As for the kissing custom, that too means something a little different here but it depends on where you place it." She had let go of his hand by this point, so his emotion behind what a kiss should mean for his people was kept to himself for the time-being. As a sign of greeting and affection there were those in his family who would kiss other's cheeks without any further implication, which could very well be similar to what her people had - and Daniel could only assume that they also used it as a way to show affection.

"Do you happen to prefer the cold?" Daniel asked, changing the subject as he stretched his fingers out and scooted a bit towards the blanket to give her more room on the couch. "It seems like you're comfortable with it, but I'm not quite sure what your other form represents. Is it something you have to do when you share your emotions?" He asked, watching as her form shifted more and more to what he was familiar with. Both had their qualities to them, but he was still curious as to what brought on such a change and how it served her and her people.

Agape stretched and moved closer on the couch thinking for a moment. She had never really noticed the difference in temperature on her planet, only the difference between the white crystal dust-covered mountains and the yellow crystal dust-covered plains. It was silent for a moment before she turned to him and spoke. "I would like to help people. But, I think I should learn more first. When I finish I will help. As for the cold..." She looked at her skin, being cold would result in goosebumps, and being hot resulted in sweat. "I have never noticed. Xolmeania is not cold or hot. It has always just been Xolmeania so I would not know." She lifted her gaze from her skin and met his eyes. "My other form.."

Agape thought back to her customs and smiled a bit, "Xolmeanian's are born like this. My grandfather says it is because we are two halves of a whole. That form can be considered..My more spiritual form, it connects me with my powers as you call it. All Xolmeanian's have this form, the Xolmeanians in my home use my other form often, and we stay like that usually. But, I was traveling, and on the Glotier Plains, the crystal-dust that covers the ground is yellow. And the people use this form I am in now." Soon she had reverted back to her normal self, she tilted her head before speaking again. "I use this form with you because I met you in this form. When I use my-powers my form will change naturally."

Agape stared at him for a moment before looking at his hand and then him again, now that she was thinking about customs he hadn't clarified what kissing meant for his customs. She had read about it plenty, the teachings said it was for romantic purposes but there couldn't only be that. Agape let the thought fall from her mind, before remembering about his present. "AH! Daniel! I almost forgot about your present!"

Her explanation of the forms made sense to Daniel, even if it was a strange concept if he were to compare it to his own people but thankfully she made it rather clear as to how it made sense to her people and her planet. No extreme climate? That would be a plus, while he didn't have to worry about it here in the Nexus he often found that many planets had quite a few extremes from his business trips. Her planet sounded like a great place to visit, and internally Daniel knew that finding a way to get to her planet would be the difficult part but not impossible. If a rift brought her here, there was bound to be a rift that may be able to take her back to the planet. Now that Daniel knew how homesick she was, he knew how important it was to her to eventually make it back there. He made a mental note to himself to make sure to ask around, and see if they could get any information on finding her planet, Xolmeania. With the right translator they may be able to identify it.

He was caught in these thoughts when Agape exclaimed loudly, mentioning the present that she had first mentioned. "You did mention that, I almost forgot." Daniel laughed, "May I see it now? Should I follow after you or stay here?" He was rather curious about what she had gotten as a gift, there wasn't a lot she could pull off from the confines of the ship he thought - but then again his family could have helped as he had left her with their contact information before he had left.

Back