War of the Beasts

"Understood." Jelani responded to Jon, wasting no time in jogging out of the tunnel and back to the siege camp.

"Start prepping the artillery!" He called out to the First Quartermaster as he sprinted towards him.

"Quietly. We can't wake them up until we're deep in the city. I have to get back down there and prepare to make some noise."

proxy.php

THE CITY OF CHISENA

The chaos haven’t scared Ivetta away, she mounted on Shadow to be able to pass through the flocking crowd at the pier. She galloped to the port linked to such pier and her brown eyes promptly started to scan through the lifeless buildings near the water, the stores were empty and some had doors and windows broke which might mean they were vandalized. As she continued to get deeper into the heart of the city, the more the scenery looked destroyed and abandoned, the silence made the shift of Shadow’s hoofs loud and clear through the dawn of the day but suddenly another sound caught Ivetta’s attention, it sounded like someone was sobbing, she furrowed her eyebrows and got off of Shadow to try to find the source of it. She attached Shadow to a pole at the entrance of a store with a sign in form of a fish hanging from the pole, she walked inside, her right hand floating close to the handle of her sword in case she need to use that but as soon as she checked under the balconies she found a boy curled up and crying; his knees were pressed against his chest and his face was dug on his knees as he sobbed quite loudly.

Ivetta got on her knees and gently touched his head, the boy jumped scared but once he looked at Ivetta he said in a quite bad tempered tone “What do you want?” she shrugged and said “Nothing in special, was just passing by and heard the sobbing. Is everything alright?”

The boy pouted and looked away from her, his soft brown hair was messed and his brown eyes were puffy from all the crying, he said in his still angered tone “It wasn’t that loud… and it’s none of your business.”

She tilted her head to meet his eyes and said “Well, surely it’s none of my business but since you’re here all alone, I guess I’m the only adult that can help you. Where are your parents?” he rested his chin on his knees and said simply “Dead.”

She blinked a couple of times and then said “Oh… I see. My parents are dead too. I’m all alone.” She smiled kindly and continued “You know, you look like a really brave boy, why don’t you come with me? I might need some backup.”

He cleaned his face from the tears with the back of his hands and looked at her “I’m dangerous.” He simply said.

“That only means you’ll protect me better than I thought.” She put a lock of her hair behind her ear and said “I’m Ivy and who’s the brave boy I’m talking to?”

He sighed and looked at her but this time a small smile adorned his lips “Bernard.”

“Pleased to meet you, Bernard. Now, why don’t you tell me what happened to you.” Ivy sat more comfortably on the floor and looked at him with attentive brown eyes. Bernard sighed “The people of the city killed my father, they said he was a monster. They wanted to kill me too, saying that I was the same monster as him but my mom managed to make me escape… she died to give me time to run away… people got out of control when they tried to break through the first wall, people from there invaded the port area.”

She listened to him and once he finished to speak, she nodded and said “Sometimes parents do that, they let us go so we can prove them how wonderful we are. I’m sure your mom just wanted you to be able to prove to all of them that you’re not a monster. Why do they call you like that anyways?” Bernard bit his lower lip and gulped softly “I… can turn into something… that scares people…”

Ivy furrowed her eyebrows “Something? What?” curiosity was sparkling on her eyes. He noticed that and it made him feel comfortable, he said with a smile forming on the corner of his lips “A bear.”

She chuckled and said “Well, bear boy, that explains why you’re at a fish house. Bet you were hungry, hu?” he nodded and said in a rushed tone “But… I haven’t stole anything, the fish man was already gone. I ate what was left.”

“I believe you and that only proves you’re not a monster, now, bear boy, want to come with me or not? As I said, I’m all alone and need someone to join me. You see, I’m heading to a dangerous place, the heart of Chisena is my next stop.” Ivy told him and had a big smile plastered on her face.

Bernard got on his feet and smiled “Miss, I’ll help you as I can, I was born in here and walked through those streets for thirteen years now.” Ivy got up as well “Lucky me, seems I found someone that knows this place very well.” With that, she led him off of the store and they both got on top of Shadow, with Bernard’s instructions they were able to take a quicker route to the heart of Chisena and he assured her that tomorrow morning they will be near the castle.

proxy.php

Last edited:
The sounds of metal colliding stone ring out of the cave as the excavators dig and pick at the well underneath the castle. Water sprang from the deep holes formed around the bricks, and eventually gushed from where the bricks once were. Eventually, all the contents of the well were freed the mix with this dirt underfoot, leaving begins both slick clay and mud, and a large hole, big enough for a Cavy to enter.

Ronaldo called to his four most trusted spies, and told them of their mission. "Now, mi little ones, listen and hear. Your first priority is to find the castle's gate, and open it up for Hawkwood and his troops. Once you've done that, then you are free to steal all the gold and jewelry that you can carry. La Gloria de Cavia!" "La Gloria de Cavia!" Repeated the Cavy to Ronaldo, before they went to prepare.

Clad in dark cloth and leather, and armed with the necessary tools, they stood before the well, the tension thick enough to cut with a knife. They forced themselves, ready or not, out to the well proper, where they were pelted with heavy rain. Taking out picks and readying their toe knives, they began their treacherous ascent upwards, and after several painstaking minutes and near falls, they finally made their way to the lip.

One of them scanned the surroundings, to find the city utterly desolate, with no sign of life showing whatsoever, and only faint speech in the distance. Assured of their safety, they jump out of the well, and hear noises coming from two directions. The Cavy split into groups of two, and part ways from the well.

---@Kenico---
The Cavy that traveled east discovered the gate, heavily guarded by patrols, archers, and a couple of Armatai. They scanned the environment, looking for any chance to pass through unseen and open the gate. Unfortunately, the patrols frequently cross with each other, and the guards are highly alert to the slightest disturbance, making traditional stealth impossible. What they did discover, was an unorthodox opportunity.

Though the gate is heavily guarded, there is an Armatai nearby, and it's in idle mode. Also, there is a blindspot that lasts for several seconds, that can be capitalized upon if they're particularly quick.

And being Cavy, they are about the quickest they can possibly be.

Scurrying as quick as they can, the Cavy quickly climbed the colossus, and made it to the hatch in record time, and with nearly no time to spare, they opened the hatch, and jumped in with one smooth motion, closing the hatch just as soon as the Armatai was once again in a guard's notice. The loud sound of it closing startled the guard, but he thought little of it, and continued his patrol.

Now at the controls, the Cavy first thought of overloading the core, causing the Armatai to meltdown and draw all attention to it, so that they could open the gate without notice. Looking at the core however, their minds soon changed.

The machine sprang to life as the Cavy aimed it towards the gate, and then they charged with a battlecry heard across all the city and the camp outside. "LA GLORIA DE HAWKWOOD!!!"

---@BlabbingGirl---
The Cavy came across a young woman and a boy on horseback riding. Jumping from shadow to shadow and eavesdropping, they kept eye on their actions and behavior. They then heard a battlecry in the far distance. "LA GLORIA DE HAWKWOOD!!!"

The skirmish for the castle has begun.

Last edited:
"LE GLORIA DE HAWKWOOD!!!" The battlecry rang out in the cold evening as the rain suddenly came to a close, as if it was a command from the little creature to the gods to halt the rains. Jon couldn't help but smile at the courage such a race possessed...He would have to discuss further employment for them and their Captain Ronaldo. He heard the rucuss unfold as he bolted to Gungnir, looking over at Drok'Nathur and Aulandre with a smirk.

"Alright you two! Saddle up!" he barked as he started climbing into his Armatai, "Drok!" he said addressing the Ogre, prefering that over the sad excuse for a name those slaver scum gave him, "I want you and a few heavy infantry to the front behind the Armatai! And I don't have to remind you to becareful my Friend! Both of you!" he said to both the Orgre and the Elf. Without another word he saddled up, the Armatai hatch sealing around him as Gungnir once more faithfully came to life, "All Armatai Forces! Listen Up! We're mobilizing now! Artillery! If you are ready, begin bombardment immediately! All Infantry! Follow behind the ARmatai, as soon as our Cavy Comrades bust that door down I want a full charge from you! Let's go People! Lets Go!!!" he roared, Gungnir roaring to life as it drew its Montante.

Brom let out a whole as Gwyn stood up, its cape flailing in the wind as he drew his sword from his back. The blade let out a hiss then its own howl, as the magic embued in it extended the blade to full length, and the Armatai began to form up on Grimwald's Wolf themed Armatai, the werewolf's battleaxe gleaming even in the gloom of the morning.

Last edited:
Drok'Nathur grinned almost ferally as he nodded at his captains orders, swinging his axe into his hands as he jogs his way towards the infantry. Nodding at the infrantry commanders who had long since learned to stay out of his way, he jerks his head towards his hand picked men.

Hawkwood had shown wisdom in making the large ogre at the head of the infantry charge. There was little in this world that could demoralise enemy troops more than a laughing ogre as he tore his way through their front line troops with ease, and while Drok'Nathur wasn't a fan of waiting until the Armatai had breached, but he recognised that not many (See: No one but him) knew how to take down an Armatai, and even then he could only feasibly do one at a time.

Drok's men (and one woman), the largest and cruellest of characters in the hawkwood army, lined up behind him in haphazard rows armed in the heaviest armour available to their race, he felt the need to remind them of the goal. "We go in after the bowl mouthed little shits blow open the gate, got it?" He says, less of a question and more of a statement as he stares down a few of the Cavy within his ranks.

"Good." He comments after there was a series of affirmations and nods, the clanking of metal and grinding of particularly large teeth showing just how eager the people behind him were to get started. Drok felt that grin of his widen as he stared at the gate, the old ogre just waiting for the signal.

God he loved his job.

———————————

As Aulandre dived into Dinmaul's cockpit, she had to take a moment to just breath in the scent of the Armatus. Her armatus. Sure there was some rust here and there, but it smelt like nature. Like earth and dirt and moss and lichen. Like a new, better life. One she was willing to fight for. Plus, she would be lying if she said she wasn't the slightest bit proud that she owned an Armstus that nobody could figure out.

In the centre of the cockpit, where a seat would usually be, was instead an old suit of armour, made to fit her perfectly. When she had first put it on, the armour had been far bigger than her, yet it had almost instantly melded to suit her like a second skin.

The ancient armour was suspended from the ceiling by long poles of metal that, as far as experts were aware, were enchanted to allow Dinmaul to move at the same time she did within the armour. They believed that the reason this was not seen today was because, while it offered greater flexibility and control, it also relied upon the pilot's stamina. She loved it.

Once in the armour, the helmet came down and the enchanted runes showed her the outside of the battle, her vision projecting from where Dinmaul's eyes would be if it was a person. Standing up, she makes her way to the other side of Jon as she draws her two blades, scraping one collossal weapon along the flat of the other menacingly before assuming and open stance.

She was ready to do this!

proxy.php

THE BATTLECRY

A long time had passed by since Ivy and Bernard had left the port area of Chisena, the night was deep in but the big bright moon was lighting their path. The only sound audible was Shadow walking through the stone path that lead to the next gate of the inner wall; Bernard had already led her to two other gates but unfortunately they were both closed. The houses and stores around them were as silent as a church but even though such scenery seemed tranquil, Ivy felt unsettled; something wasn’t right but she couldn’t put a finger on it. She could hear rustling that sounded like the wind but at the same time could be someone following them; her hands held tightly to the leather reins as her heart beats faster, she looked down to check on Bernard. The boy was sitting in front of her and was asleep, his body resting against hers while they continued to move through the night.

The serenity of such an environment was broke by a battlecry coming from outside the city gate; she could see the peak of some watchtowers in the distance, its flags dancing with the wind. Ivy’s brown eyes widened and she soon wrapped an arm around Bernard while she tried to pull the reins of Shadow tightly since he became afraid of the loud sound. The horse was haunched up, in a motion that showed it was ready to sprint but she slowly started to calm him down with her sweet voice.

The sudden motion made Bernard wake up “What’s going on?” he asked in a sleepy and confused tone. Ivy helped him get to the ground and replied “A battle started at the front gate of the city, we’ll need to camp in here, it’s not safe to get any closer.” As much as she wanted to be in such battle, to try to find allies to her own battle against Santiago, she knew it wasn’t safe to do so with Bernard. After calming Shadow down, she dismounted and lead both boy and horse to one of the abandoned houses of the city; the house was far enough from the path that they couldn’t be seen but not deep enough that they wouldn’t have a way to escape. She then tied Shadow to a tree nearby and started to gather some wood to make a fire in a small fireplace. “I have food with me; we can have a meal and then try to rest.” She set some wood down and slowly started to click two stones together to make a small fire that was going to keep them warm and also heat their meal.

proxy.php

Last edited:
It took the Cavy and the armatai it was using time, but after ten strong punches, the gates shattered into shrivels of wood and sparks. The Gates of the city exploded into horrid wood and metal debris as the makeshift battering ram fell aside as the Cavy went about their work of havoc. The alarm raised as soldiers began to mobilize, shocked and demoralized that Hawkwood had waited for so long that night had fallen, the weather had cleared, and the moon was out in full. The howls of Hawkwood's Werebeasts sang into the night sky as some in Armatai formed up on Hawkwood, while some in the infantry began to form into Phalanx formations.

"Drok, as soon as me and the Armatai get in, you'll be advanced guard for the infantry! Give these poor bastards a chance to surrender by offering it! If they refused then do what you got to do! I don't want a repeat of Coraline!" he ordered, "Other than that do what you do best!" he said, "Aulandre! You're with Sergeant Grimwald's squad!" he said seeing the Werewolf's Armatai, along with Gwyn, coming up behind them, "Grimwald! Secure the port! I want Captain Danmark's Skyfleet a place to land! First Armsman Riggs!?" he said turning to see his Leiutenant's Armatai up behind him. The machine was your standard decked out with custom armor platting and armed with a large curved sword, "I want your men to keep the Armatai coming from the Stables at bay! Disable or destroy every last one of them!" he barked in anger, "All other Armatai on me! I want to bust down the inner wall gates before sunrise lets do this!" He barked as Gungnir broke into a charge, the Armatai behind him began to follow suit. Lieutenant Riggs Armatai brought up behind him, followed by Sergeant Grimwald's squad.

Brom felt his adrenaline fly along with the pressure of his harness as he made Gwyn break into a run, his sword raised in a defensive stance as a giant column of steel and armor slammed into the breach of what was left of the gates. This is it! he thought frantically, his body feeling the jolt as the bashed through the small breach. As they did, they could hear the shried of balista bolts flying overhead as they began bombardment of the city.

"We Take Chisnea Tonight!!!" roared Hawkwood, raising his Montante high into the air as Gungnir faced a now approaching squad of Armatai. He grinned as he threw his Armatai into a gallop, large sword ready to cleave, "CHARGE!" he screamed, doing just that as metal and blood clashed like a sickening roar into the night...

Drok'Nathur lets out a gutteral roar, raising Ginsa'Drok into the air as the Ogre's titanic muscles propelled him forward, the green behomoth leading the infantry charge. Ahead of him he watches as Armatus engaged the enemy machines, locking them into combat as the cavalry slammed into the enemy ranks, softening up the formation of enemy troops just in time for them to retreat as Drok clears the shattered remains of the gate, lowers his armoured shoulder and crashes into the enemy line, his squad not far behind him. Idly he noted that one had not made it, impaled through the stomach by a ballista bolt.

Not even the most heabily armoured of the soldiers were capable of withstanding the charging Ogre's might, sent careening metres through the air as Drok came to a stop in the middle of the formation. With a brutal swing of his axe he crashes it into the side of the nearest soldier, the man's thick, frontline armour crimpling like paper as Ginsa'Drok cleaves him in two and continues along its horizontal path, splitting three more men in under a second. Blood sprays, spattering the horrified nearby troops as they looked up into the blood soaked, grinning visage of Drok'Nathur.

The ogre could feel it. The red rage. Its heat was familiar, all encompassing and... euphoric. He felt the red mist descend upon him as his left hand flashed, grabbing the helmet of a soldier and crumpling the skull within with a delightfully satisfying crunch. There would be no prisoners.

He hurled the corpse at a nearby soldier at neck breaking pace before spinning on his heel to block the strike of a sword with his gauntlet, grin widening as he looked into the terrified eyes of the man who thought he could get the jump on him. A punch to the chest crumpled both his cheap armour and ribs, the body staggering, clutching at its chest before falling slack.

From there Drok'Nathur's rampage would continue, expanding ever outwards as man after man was broken before him. Ginsa'Drok soaked in an entire unit's blood by the time the fighting had truely started around him, the corpses of the once fleeing men still warm as the Ogre moved on, his eyes glowing a red that mothers warned their children about. The red omen of blood and rage.

——————————

Dinmaul's knees scraped against the stone as Aulandre slid underneath a swing from an enemy Armatus, grinding to a halt as she used both blades to block attacks from another while sending one titanic blade into the leg of another, metal clashing with and cleaving through metal as she crippled the machine.

Flipping onto her feet, she raises both blades, in a cross formation and observes all three of her enemies. Around her more battles raged as the squad she was assigned to fought with the Armatus that had been assigned to protect the port. It seemd that they had recognised the danger of having an unguarded fort, and had devoted considerable resources to guarding it (although she seemed to be the only one in a 3 on 1).

One of the armatus launched itself at her, wielding a large two handed claymore in an overhead strike. Sidestepping, Aulandre watches the masive blade crash into and crack the ground below her before rearing Dinmaul's fist back and sending it crashing into the cheek of the Armatus, its head rocking forward only to be met with a kick to the nose from the ancient Armatus. Its head rearing back from the force, Aulandre brings a blade down into the exposed throat of the machine, bringing the body to the ground with thunderous force as the machine is nearly decapitated.

Before she could retrieve her sword from where it was embedded in the ground however, Dinmaul was sent crashing and skidding across the ground, coming to a stop after crushing a block of buildings underneath it. The remaining two Armatus approached, one with a largw shield and spear, the other two swords much like Dinmaul.

Gears groaned as Dinmaul stood. For a moment Aulandre considered fighting, but the two had the advantage as long as she was a blade down. Rolling just in time to avoid a spear running Dinmaul through, Aulandre gets to her feet and retreats backwards, across the large port of the docks, careful not to interrupt any fights around her as she tried to think up a plan.

The two monolithic figures of her opponents followed her like sharks to the scent of blood, cornering her at the end of the dock. Raising her remaining swod in a horizontal pose, she waits for them. The duo oblige as the shieldbearer raises its shield to act as a battering ram and bursts towards her, dual wielder not far behind.

Aulandre breathed in and out, calming herself and remembering what she had learnt with Leaf. The opponents arrived, and she fought.

Dinmaul's hand lashed out and shoved the shield off course, unbalancing the shieldbearer. The dual wielder lashed out with both blades, but found the shaft of his ally's weapon blocking him. The shieldbearer swings with the shield to act as a club, which Dinmaul ducks beneath. Before she could capitalise, Aulandre tilts herself to use her pauldron in order to deflect a sword slash from the left.

Both were on opposite sides now. 'Just a little more to go.' Aulandre reminds herself as all three get their bearings, before resuming combat. Both attack simultaneously, spear and swords flashing. Dinmaul blocks both swords with its own as it sidesteps the spear, leaving the enemy shieldbearer overextended and exposed.

Calmly, almost gracefully, Dinmaul's body spins, sending the blades of the enemy dual wielder askew as a powerful roundhouse kick is delivered to the open side of the shieldbearer, knocking the Armatus off balance. Dinmaul's blade flashes, now free from its deadlock, and pierces the side of the Shieldbearer with enough force to send it stumbling. Stumbling right over the edge of the dock and into the ocean.

However the fleeting moment it took to deliver the final blow allowed the enemy dual wielder to recover. Its blades crashed into the back of Dinmaul, both piercing through with ground shattering strength and spinning Dinmaul to face its opponent as they were removed. Immediately the blades struck again, and again, and again, chipping away at a hastily constructed defence from Dinmaul.

On the inside of the cockpit ethereal alarms blared within Aulandre's mind as she, and thus Dinmaul, crouched, raising their arms to fend off incoming blows. With each hit Aulandre felt her world shake, and she knew she needed to end it. Fast. Slowly, she twisted her free hand, still holding its blade, and waited for the perfect time to strike.

Ans it came. A momentary lapse in concentration was all she needed as Dinmaul burst forward with a powerful upwards strike, the blade piercing the chest of the Armatus and exiting through the head, suspending the machine in the air before Aulandre places a boot upon its side and kicks the body off of her blade and into the water of the bay.

Panting with exertion, the pilot spun her somewhat damaged Armatus to face the rest of the harbour, which was by now almost completely under Hawkwood control, and went to look for her sword.

It should still be in the neck of that greatsword wielder.

Back