We're on our own

"I'll help you look for firewood." Faraji had sat down to rest. The young woman stood up. She would have to find something to lay on. She was a city girl through and through. Faraji was the type to fret over a broken nail and she didn't really like the outdoors. The fact that she knew a little about the outdoors was pure luck. She ran a hand through her hair. If they weren't found her natural hair color would start showing.

"I'll try to hunt for some food. I can sharpen a nice branch and use it to fish." Isaiah said. He chuckled at Maverick's joke. "And I don't mind laying on the cave floor. We could always use the lake to bath."

Ava nodded.
"I'm coming with you guys" she said, just about to follow them out of the cave when she remembered the cold that waited on them.
"We should probably put something warmer first though" With that she quickly returned to her bag. After a bit of searching she pulled out one of the thicker sweaters she had found and promptly pulled it on. The frankly ugly piece of clothing with odd patterns and color combinations was one or two sizes too big for her, but she didn't mind. It just meant that it covered more of her, even though she looked a bit funny. Waving the floppy arms around in front of her she made a super hero pose and grinned.
"I'M READY" she said with a overly confident and hero-y voice before making her way to the cave opening.

"Yeah, okay." Maz was a little overwhelmed by the amount of people who wanted to search for firewood--it was such a mundane task, after all.

Which is exactly why they might want to do it, she mused. It would take their minds off of things.
She quickly regained her bearings, her voice not betraying what she initially thought. Invulnerable Marion Rodriguez.

"We need kindling, plenty of medium-sized sticks and branches, and a few logs for good measure. Make sure everything is dry and healthy--nothing rotted. No green leaves or pine needles. Dead bark may be useful." She listed off everything with the appropriate gestures for sizes, making sure to speak clearly to the small crowd. They should be able to get plenty tonight.

"Just think of it as a nice trip through the forest," she finished wryly, before exiting the cave and loping into the trees.

Maverick grinned at Ava as she did a hero pose in her rather silly outfit. He then looked back at Maz as she began explaining what they should find. He began listing it off again in his mind. Once he thought he had it memorized, he nodded silently to himself. And he would be sure to keep around this general perimeter so he wouldn't get lost. He should be able to do it. Should be, in theory. He looked back at the forest around him. Nope, definitely getting lost in there.

"A nice trip through the forest, mhm, okay." Mav wasn't sure if he would have that particular thought. He then proceeded to exit the cave as well. However, he paced himself beside Ava.

He looked at the androgynous female and asked. "Can I, uh, stick by you? I kind of got the worst sense of direction and I might not walk back there in the next 24 hours if I go alone." He wasn't particularly proud of that fact and he'd rather play safe this time.

Ava looked up at Mav as he paced up next her and laughed at his self deprecating joke.
"Yeah no problem! Not sure I'm that much better myself, but I think we'll manage together. Not like we have a GPS or anything..." Her eyebrows furrowed just moments after she spoke the words and she quickly reached for her jeans pockets to search for her cellphone. Empty.
"Of course" she muttered "must have lost it in the plane, if it's even whole" Turning back to Mav she gestured at his pockets.
"Do you have your phone?" If any of them had their phone maybe they could call for help and tell people where they were. Ava felt stupid as she hadn't thought of it earlier, but decided not to beat herself up too much about it, considering the circumstances.

Some distance from the plane sat its discarded wing. Elizabeth, a redheaded, blue-eyed girl, had been sitting right at the center of where the wing connected with the plane's body. As such, when the wing came off, she went with it.

Slowly, her eyes opened. Elizabeth had trouble moving her neck as she tried to get her bearings. She had just been in the plane, she was sure of that. So why was she laying underneath the plane's giant metal wing.

Wait. What? Underneath?

Elizabeth struggled to move her head. She couldn't feel her left arm at all. Curios at the fact, she finally managed to sneak a peek. Elizabeth immediately wished that she hadn't. Her arm was gone and in its place was a bloody pile of mush oozing out from between the metal wing and the stony ground. Grimacing, she twisted her body away from the wing. The stump of her shoulder went with her easily enough, only connected to the rest of her arm by a few strands of flesh. Adrenaline began to rush through her veins. Receiving this boost, Elizabeth scrambled to her feet, pulling herself up slowly.

Looking around she saw the wreck. She began to call out searching for others, for help. "Anyone! Is anyone here?" she called in different variations. Elizabeth stumbled a number of times filling her already pained voice with even more pain. Please, she thought, somebody please hear me. After making it to just a few meters from the plane, Elizabeth collapsed. She laid on her back, her good hand on her stomach as her chest rose and fell in tune with her breathing.

Back