Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Westeria City: Cedarwood Grove

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Tiko

The sounds of shouting going on in Viktor's townhouse were so inflamed and heated that they could be heard from several houses away, and had been going on for a good twenty minutes.

"Why didn't you just kill him?!" Varia shout furiously.

She was livid that Viktor had brought her back here, livid that Riaze was still out there somewhere. He was wounded, on the run, they could have finished him.

"And what would you have me do, Varia?" Viktor asked. "Dismember him with my bare hands?"

"If that's what it takes. That dog and his bitch killed Kyle," she spat. "Or have you forgotten?"

Viktor's hand was around her throat as he dragged her about and slammed her against a display case at his back. There was an abrupt flash of anger in his normally steely gaze as the glass shattered and rained down on the white carpet at their feet.

"That dog killed Sanina too, or have you forgotten," he bit back through his anger.

Varia was too shocked at Viktor's outburst to throw up a retort and his anger began to leak away before he finally released her.

"Get out," he told her icily.

Varia had never seen Viktor so volatile before, and she beat a hasty retreat from the room, He heard the sound of the front door slamming open a few minutes later as Varia departed, leaving it wide open behind her.

He sighed then and knelt down atop the broken glass where a small silver cross upon a chain had fallen when the display stand had been broken.

He picked it up and rolled it between his fingers as he stood. The sheathed sword that had shared a shelf with the cross he left on the floor for now. He would clean it up later.

He closed his eyes briefly, remembering that sinking sensation that had filled him when he had burst through the manor door to see Riaze's sword plunged into Sanina's chest. He remembered the rising sense of resolve that it wasn't too late to save Varia. He remembered carrying her from the burning building where Sanina and Kyle had died that night.

He sighed once more and stood, placing the cross on a nearby shelf before he turned away to head for the front door. It wouldn't do to leave it standing wide open all night.

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by KittyWolfSpirit

Talrya knew she had to feed tonight. It was due for her penance for her existence. She was new to the area which gave her little comfort like it often did. She never chose to stay in one place for too long. She had been lucky to find male vampires and offered a brief seductive affair with them to gain her penance before splitting again. Her last meal had been a half blood, so unfortunately her abilities were not as keen as she would like for her hunt.

She sighed, figuring it wouldn’t do her good to focus on their slack. So she drew attention to her senses as she leaned against the alley wall. She breathed deep, the cool night air. It smelled of rain and multiple vampires and other races. Her typically keen smell and ears never failed to find what she sought, tonight was no different. To her surprise though on this night, it was made easier for her. She heard heated shouting not far off. She smiled, and slowly slipped deeper into the shadows as she approached the area of the sounds.

She caught a strong scent of two vampires from the location she heard the arguing. She paused in the shadows not far from the door as she heard shattering glass and the arguing come to a halt. Will they fight each other? She thought to herself. If they do, while the victor is injured, it would be easy to restrain them. She plotted in her mind. She jumped back into a bush as the door slammed open. She watched cautiously as the female she assumed was part of the argument stormed out the house. She noticed a bit of shatter glass on her shoulders, but she couldn’t smell any injuries from her. She waited in stillness, breathing slowly as not to give the women her location. Though, Talrya figured slight noises may pass the women considering her stride told of her heated affair just moments before as the woman parted ways.

As soon as she was sure the woman was out of sight, she made her way to the door with stealth. She glimpsed inside like a detective looking around the corner in precaution. She noticed the male was hunkered over something in front of a broken glass case. That must have been what broke. Now is my chance to advance. She concluded in her mind. She quietly slipped into the town home and ducked quickly next to a display case as she saw him stand up. She feared she was busted, but she noticed he was still preoccupied with something in his hands. She stayed still as can be as she watched him, waiting to see if he would come to close the door. She figured if he didn’t notice her location, as distant as he seemed, when he closed the door would be the opportunity to at least get the opportunity to advance on him.

as written by Tiko

Viktor moved past Talrya as he headed for the door, closing it quietly. He hesitated though as a strange scent caught his attention.

"How did you get in here?" he asked.

He didn't turn around as the door clicked closed.

"Or rather, why are you in here."

If he was alarmed, he didn't show it, but internally he was guarded. He didn't recognize the woman's scent, not just on a personal level but on a biological level as well. It was a scent he had never encountered before.

He turned then his eyes searching the room for the stranger.

She figured the surprise attack was blown since he noticed her presence. But she noticed, he was still hunting for her. So he didn't have her pin pointed yet. Brazenly she steps forward from beside the display case. She would be maybe 10-15 feet distance from him closer to the inside of the town home. She was a stunningly beautiful woman standing 5’7 with a lithe form. A pair of dazzling metallic midnight blue eyes with a silver sunkist around the pupil stared at him without fear, in complete calm and seeming control. Her hair of ice blue with white bangs and natural highlights flowed straight down over her curves to her waist. Lynx like ears that are shades of icy blue, white, and timber wolf grey with the tufts on the ears being white adorned he head perked forward with interest. She wore blacks cotton pants in a flare leg fashion, black leather boots of the gothic boots style, and a dark blue cotton shirt with v-neck and flaring 3/4 sleeves.

"How, I got in here has to be obvious consider our locations." She answered in a soft, sweet tone of voice. "Why am I am here...well...that is a story I am not sure you would find...useful to you at the moment." She grinned, flaring a pari of pearly white vampiric canines. "I just like you need to feed. But unlike you, mortal blood doesn't sustain my existence." She explained softly.

She took a few steps towards him but halted, thinking distance may be best until her aquaintance has been alloted proper time to soak into the vampire before her.

"Oh my, but where are my manners?" She said in a playful tone and smirk. "My name is Lady Talrya Rei Katsumi." She said bowing to him. "Pleasure and I am sure a shock to you. Not only did I get past your vampire senses to invade your...home. But you I am sure are probably lost for senses on what exactly I am." She raised a brow and waited his response.

as written by Tiko

"Viktor..." he replied.

His eyes followed her as she moved towards him, and as she bowed. He made no outward sign of hostility towards her, but neither did he lower his guard.

"And you intend to feed?" he inquired.

He moved past her and back into the other room. The glass crunched beneath his shoe as he went about retrieving the fallen items from the broken display stand. A small pottery dish had broken as well, and he examined one of the broken pieces briefly before setting it aside. The once valuable art pieces was all but worthless now. The ornamental scabbard and a few other small trinkets were placed atop one of the unbroken shelves to be relocated later.

That he had simply gone about cleaning up the mess spoke of his seeming lack of overt concerns for the woman in his house.

She smirked as he moved past her, turning casually to watch him tend to his trinkets. With a sigh, she used her speed to be upon him within seconds.

"Usually I get more questioning from those I intend to feed from. Then again, most of them seem to think they're superior, top of the food chain." She looked to the trinkets. "They're lovely. There are so many cases." She softened her demeanor. "Yes to feed. To answer your question." She answered softly.

She watched him, standing close to him in silence. She wasn't scared of him or anything he could do to her. Since her curse, she had encountered countless vampires through romantic encounters to feed and by force. She was ready for whatever path Viktor would take. She couldn't help but wonder and feel like this man despite the anger she had overheard seemed like a very sensible man.

"You are not like any of the others I've hunted before. Do you understand exactly what I feed on Viktor?" She asked softly in a calm tone of voice that held no threat or danger in her voice.

She stared at him in silence awaiting his response to her question and her answer she had given him.

as written by Tiko

"You haven't yet told me, no," Viktor replied.

He stood once more. The glass would have to wait until his house cleaner arrived in the morning. It was the second time she would be cleaning glass out of the carpet, with Varia having broken his end table a few months ago.

He seated himself in a large white upholstered chair and rested his arms on the armrests as he watched Talyria. Despite the woman's belief otherwise, Viktor very much shared a mentality with those she spoke of. The difference between him and them was that he held no animosity for others of his... station?

His nature was something to be earned, and taken by tooth and claw if necessary. Only the strong deserved to survive. It was why he had turned Varia when he found her dying of an overdose. He had seen a fighter in her as she lay there clinging to life, a predator looking to escape the confines of humanity. No, he held no ire towards this woman before him for pursuing what was in her nature to pursue.

"I don't often have visitors," he remarked.

His words were calm though, with no hint of anger.

She watched Viktor take seat in a chair. He was unusually calm for his breed. Typically, the others felt threatened by her mere presence by the fact they couldn't mentally read her, use their dominance/suggestion abilities on her, or understand what she was. Her lack of racial identity was enough to put them on offensive verge. She smiled gently, he hadn't responded to her compliment of his beautiful possessions.

"So I am a welcomed guest...for the moment anyway?" She asked politely with an inquisitive tone.

She raised a brow curious to him pretty much welcoming her into his home. It was like a human letting the fox into the chicken coop. It was unheard of, but again her kind was fairly new to the world and incredibly new to the world of Terra. So it is not uncommon for Viktor to not be aware of what she was.

She stepped towards him, "I am what is called a Cravyre. I feed on vampiric blood, Viktor. I feed on beings like you...Viktor." She answered calmly.

She paused awaiting a response of some sort from him.

as written by Tiko

As Viktor hadn't made any attempt to breach the woman's thoughts, or to employ his domination tactics upon her, he remained unaware that she would be immune to such measures. For now he seemed content to converse with her verbally, rather than attempting to intrude upon her thoughts.

"And what makes you think I intend to allow that?" he inquired with a raise of one brow.

Once again there was no hostility in him. It was almost as if the woman were a curiosity to him, rather than a potential threat.

A grin crept into her features and danced dangerously in her face as malevolent intent crept like a shadow caste by the setting sun.

"Well my most gracious host, I have taken what I need as you have by civil, romantic, and by means of force. I prefer not to fight with a host as gracious as you have been and destroy this lovely town home you have in your possession. Unlike vampires, Cravyre do not have to kill their source of nourishment to sustain themselves. If we do, we are sustained longer. If we don't naturally a shorter time between feeding is necessary. I wish only a little of your precious life essence to sustain me a little longer as your require human life essence to maintain yours." She paused a moment.

I think he is intrigued by me. I may use this to my benefit. She thought to herself as she stood a moment to let that soak in before resuming with a gentler heir of expression and tone of voice.

"I require a little and in exchange, I will gladly answer any questions you may have of me. Anything what so ever crosses your judicious, scholarly mind. Since you have so graciously elected to allow my presence in your elegant home, I offer a bargain. Knowledge for sustenance? What do you say...Viktor?"

as written by Tiko

While admittedly Viktor didn't want to see his home smashed up anymore than it had already been... it wasn't really the deciding factor, and neither was her offer of knowledge. It was a more human desire that drove him. He had shed much of who he had once been in his descent into the vampire world, but the desire for companionship remained as a remnant of his humanity.

Varia had often chastised his solitude since the night the Lessard manor had burned down, and though he could not bring Sanina back... this woman offered a distraction.

He studied her a time with those neutral eyes of his before his consent came with a hand gesture for her to approach.

She was hesitant to take his gesture seriously. She had no reason not to believe him to do any more than let her feed. She had no clue his motivations to accept her offer or what he would ask in return.

She strode over to him; she studied him calmly in silence for a few moments now that she was closer to him. He had handsome features. For a moment she felt the familiar human urge to make a gesture or advance on him. She had been without a romantic affair to appease this desire in a long while. She frowned internally at her desire and tried to force the urge to the back of her mind. Focus, You must feed now. This is not meant to be a romantic affair. Feed and leave after you do as he requests in return for the favor. She thought critically to herself in agitation with the annoying human emotion to desire companionship.

as written by Tiko

As she reached him he offered his hands out - an invitation perhaps to join him upon the chair. It would seem he had no intention of making her kneel in a display of subservience to feed, and instead offered a more... equal means of acquiring what she needed.

Despite the intimacy of the offer, he seemed calm and distant from the whole matter. He offered no further words of conversation for the time being.

She took his hand gently, a slight shiver raced through her as she took his hands. She had never held another’s hand before and it felt strangely to her. A look of intrigue passed her heir briefly before returning to calm upon the sensation’s resolution.She pulled on knee up to slide beside his thigh in the chair and hesitated to be sure this was his intention. She registered the gesture in her mind a moment and situated herself so that she straddled him in the chair. She A slight glimpse of unease appeared in her eyes for a brief moment, and then disappeared as quickly as it appeared.She wasn't sure that this position was for feeding and something more or just for feeding with ease. She didn’t want to show vulnerability in case he had intentions to flip the tables on her. She glanced to the closed door, unsure when the enraged woman would return. What exactly would transpire if she entered while she fed upon Viktor. She shifted herself a bit as she looked to the door to get more comfortable and able to jump up if the need arose.

She turned her gaze back to Viktor. “We feed in the same ways you do upon mortals.” She spoke gently, though a edge of nervousness was underlying her instruction of the matter.

Her gaze drifted sideways from him to the door a brief moment, then back to him as if a skittish creature that fear its meal would be interrupted. Her gaze fell on him, calm and collected, she waited to she where exactly he would have her feed from.

as written by Tiko

He moved his hands up to his coat, which he shrugged off enough to free his arms and leave his throat accessible to the woman sitting atop his lap. Once done he moved to rest his hands on her sides as he watched her with calculating eyes.

Despite the intimacy of her current position, there was nothing sexual in his body language. No, his sex drive had died long ago, on the same night his heart had stopped beating. He might enjoy the occasional physical contact, but it ended there for him.

He leaned back in the chair as calm about this as he had been about everything else since she had entered his house. An ornamental knife sat upon a small display on the nearby end-table within reach should she try anything... unsavory. It was part of why he had chosen the chair to seat himself.

She smiled warmly to him in appreciation for his lack of fighting her on this. He would never know she really didn’t have the strength to fight him that night if he chosen to fight her. She saw the lack of sexual interest in him and calmed her nervousness to a dull ache.

She glanced to the door one last time briefly before leaning forward to feed. Before feeding, she whispered in his ear softly, “Thank you…Viktor.”

She then leaned forward with relaxed ease and slowly bit into his neck. She wasn’t going to be fierce with him since he was so polite as to allow her this gift. She drank from slowly as not to exhaust him by quick blood lust. She was being respectful to his strength and health since he was so kind to her this evening. She closed her eyes as she feed, feeling in herself when best to stop.

as written by Tiko

The only sign of discomfort that Viktor displayed was the tightening grip of his hands against her sides as she bit down. He stared ahead past her, his eyes on one of the display stands as the stranger in his lap fed upon him. It left his mind wandering to the night he had been bitten, the night he had met Sanina.

Even then he had known what she was, and had known her vile nature. But still he had gone to her, as if by a sirens call.

He had wanted what she offered.

He closed his eyes and leaned his head back with a sigh as he recalled her voice in her ears.

'Sleep my child, and peace attend thee... All through the night...'

For a time he could almost imagine that the woman here tonight was the same one who had died a year past...

as written by KittyWolfSpirit and Tiko

She withdrew from his neck gently. She slowly leaned back, seeing the expression on his face. She wonder what he could be thinking of with that expression on his face. She smiled warmly, a small trickled of blood trailed her cheek and fell onto her bare skin. She wiped her chin, oblivious or not caring of the drop that landed on her collar bone.

"Viktor?" She asked gently as not to startle him.

She sat patiently, she wasn't going to stand up until eh was attentive. She didn't want a defensive instinct to snap him alert.

____

It wasn't Sanina's voice that called his name though, and the present came rushing back as he opened his eyes.

Talyria was still seated atop him, and his hands still rested upon her sides. The puncture wounds in his throat were already healing closed as he moved his hands back to the armrests of the chair so that Talyria could get up should she wish.

"Will you be staying in the city long?" he inquired.

____

She watched in silence as whatever reality he was in was washed away from and he joined her in the present. She smiled warmly to welcome him back to the present. She felt his hands move from her hips so she could stand if she liked. She tossed the idea of stay seated or stand in her head a couple times. She then braced herself, sliding her legs from under her to let her feet touch floor. She used her arms to push herself up to standing with ease. She went to remove her hands to stand up fully, when he questioned the length of time she would dwell in this city. She went distant from him for a moment, knowing she never stayed more than a week in a city. It was too much risk of problems arising with her presence since the Lady of Malevolent Chaos loved to torment those around her. She hadn't stayed long enough to prove or disprove the Lady's interest in her life anymore. Her expression softened, feeling the familiar sensation of loneliness that had trickled into thought earlier. She looked up to him a moment, then stood up fully.

"Typically I only stay in one place no more than a week usually. Why do you inquire on my length of stay Viktor?" She spoke gently, her question was legit.

She hoped he would ask her to stay longer for company. But she would not request such a thing of a man she just met, so she figured he would be less inclined to inquire her continued stay. She stared intently, a half look of longing and loneliness mixed in her eyes as she stared to him for his response.

____

"You should stay here until you depart," Viktor replied. "There's a spare guest room in the back," he offered.

He seemed somewhat aloof and neutral to whether she took his offer to stay at his place for the week, or if she simply walked away. He was lost in thought for the moment and his attention drifting.

____

"Inviting a practical perfect stranger to stay in your lovely home?" She inquired. "I accept your offer, Thank you."

She saw his distancing expression and the aloof state. She studied him with a puzzled expression on her face.

"Viktor..." She paused a moment, crouching down to look him in the face. "Are you alright?" She asked softly, her voice genuinely concerned.

____

"I'm fine. There's just a lot on my mind. I think I would like to be alone for now," he explained. "You can find the room at the end of the hall."

She was a perfect stranger to him, but that didn't seem to trouble him. He didn't sleep, nor did he feel threatened by her presence. He held no strong attachment to the things he collected that would leave him concerned about thievery. Most of it was insured anyways.

____

"Alright. N yea, I can try to find it." She answered. "I'll leave you to your thought then." She answered and took her leave down the hall.

She appreciated all Viktor was doing, but she had no clue why he would offer such a thing to her. He had not asked for the returned favor for her feeding. Whatever was on his mind must be something major. She sighed softly. She got to the end of the hall and walked in the room she hoped was the spare room.

as written by Tiko, Faithy, and KittyWolfSpirit

The following night...

Viktor was barely keeping on his feet by the time he and Valentina reached the front door and the pressure of his hand over his wound was doing little to stem the bleeding. Bloodied fingers fumbled with the keys to the lock as he threw a glance up and down the street hoping that his neighbors wouldn't notice anything amiss and call the police.

It was still dark out though, and the street was quiet as the residents of Cedarwood Grove slumbered.

His hand was shaking as he tried to unlock the door, and the key fell from his grasp to land on the stoop. It wouldn't take much of an assessment for Valentina to realize his condition was deteriorating. His eyes were blood shot, and his skin had taken on the white pallor of death as if he hadn't fed in weeks.

He didn't speak, he only nodded towards the door, indicating Valentina get it open.

____

The longer she walked with Viktor and saw the blood pouring from his wounds, the more concerned, Valentina seemed to grow. However, she kept her mouth shut up until they reached his home, remembering it from the last time the two of them were together. Frowning a little, she knelt down when he dropped the key, picking it up, before standing back up again. Slipping it into the lock, she unlocked the door and swung it open, letting him go in before her.

"Viktor... what is happening to you? Slipping inside, she closed the door once he was inside and locked it back up again. She sat down on the floor nearby and let NomNom crawl into her lap. It bothered her that she not only just lost her sire, but the only other Vampire she knew was bleeding out and wouldn’t tell her what she could do to help. Her eyes shifted down towards the ground and she poked at it a few times before flopping back onto her back,

“Why did you do that to that woman, Viktor…? I didn’t think we killed humans… just drank from them. The only time I’ve seen a vampire act like that was when my parents were attacked and killed… the night Lily saved me.” Her voice was soft and she tried to keep from crying.

____

She had been tossing the idea of taking a stroll about in her mind for the last few hours. Viktor had taken leave in good health and she was certain he wouldn’t mind her coming or going as she pleased. However, she felt uncomfortable with the idea of leaving the front door unlocked in consideration of all his valuables present. She had finally had come to the conclusion she would stick within ear shot of the door and wander the grounds when she heard the front door open.

Her stomach churned at the thick smell of vampiric blood and a good deal of it. She recognized the scent almost immediately. Lord of Chaos, Viktor?! She cried out in her mind. In moments, she was standing within sight of the door. She saw Viktor’s condition and then saw the child. She knew immediately by the smell that the child was vampiric as well. She looked back to Viktor. Forgive me if this injures your pride Viktor. She thought to herself as she darted to his side immediately.

**Viktor, you must feed to heal. Let me repay the favor you kindly showed me.** She tried to send him with her telepathic abilities.

She hoped that he wouldn’t block her message to him. She prayed that he would take her offer.

“Let’s get you to a chair to relax.” She said softly, offering herself to him as a walking aid if he would allow her to wrap his am around her shoulders to help brace him.

She looked to the child; she had heard the girl’s question. But she was not concerned on how he got to be like this, just how to keep him with them. She didn’t know why she had such concern for Viktor, she hardly knew him. But she felt determined to keep him with them on this plane. She would get answers later if he was willing to give them to someone like her.

____

Viktor nodded briefly to Talryia's offer as he let her take his weight against herself, seemingly glad of the support as they made their way inside. It seemed a sin to lay the bloody vampire down on the pristine white couch, but under the circumstances, explaining this to the house cleaner was the least of their concerns.

He grit his teeth in pain as he sank down onto the couch, his hand still pressed to the wound. Unfortunately the crossbow quarrel had gone clean through, and the wound was bleeding out from the back as well.

He grimaced as he reached across with his other hand, to fish around in his pocket for his phone before offering it out to her with bloody fingers.

"Valentina, call Christian's number. Get him here."

The number would be in the contacts list on the phone, provided she knew how to use it.

____

Valentina blinked as she realized there was another individual in Viktor’s house and from the figure’s appearance, she was a female. Studying her silently, Val took in her mannerisms as well as what she looked like. Did he get a girlfriend since she saw him last? She wasn’t for sure, but she felt out of place when the female helped him to a nearby couch. Her question was overlooked, but for the moment, that was probably the best. First thing that needed to be done was to get him so that he was healing. The fact that he let this stranger help him when he wouldn’t tell her what she could do stung a little, but if they were dating, then well, that did make sense.

Staring at the phone as he fished it out of his pocket before handing it over to her, Valentina blinked in confusion. Call Christian? Who was that? Who was this female, and what was she holding in her hands? Val was cycling through question after question in her mind, still just peering at the phone as if it was this strange piece of equipment, which is pretty much was to her. Finally flipping it open, she stared at the bright screen, gasping softly. Before beginning to push all kinds of buttons, she read what it said and found one that said menu. After scrolling through the options, she found contacts and nodded slightly before managing to find a Christian. Hitting another button, she was glad when the device began to ring. Holding it against her ear, upside down at first, she swore and flipped it back around, waiting for someone to answer.

“Ummm… hi. I was told to call you by Viktor.”

"Huh? Who is this?" a young male voice spoke back over the phone.

“My name isn’t your business, Christian. Viktor was shot with an bolt and is now on his couch bloody and not healing and there’s some woman here that I don’t know and I think he needs to feed, but there’s not a human here because I don’t think she’s human because of her appearance, but I don’t know what’s going on and he won’t tell me, but he told me to call you, so I called you, so just come to his place right now.” Valentina barely took a breath between her words, becoming more and more frantic as the seconds ticked by.

"Wait, what? Slow down. Who shot him? What happened?" the voice replied. "You know what, never mind. Tell me when I get there." The phone on the other end of the line hung up.

____

She was happy to see Viktor take her aid to the couch. She watched the young girl from corner of her eye, smiling softly for a moment at the young girl’s confusion of the phone. Once she noticed the girl navigated the phone after a little bit of navigating difficulty, she turned her full attention to Viktor. She kneeled beside Viktor, a look of genuine concern on her face for the wound. Vampires typically heal quickly. What did this to you Viktor? You should be healing. Why aren’t you healing? Was it a blessed weapon? These questions raced through her mind and many more. Her concern deepening for Viktor by each moment’s passing that the bleeding didn’t slow. She reached for his hand hoping to hold his hand, more as a sentiment of comfort that she was here for him than anything.

She bit into her wrist quickly and then lowered it to his mouth. With her other arm she made an attempt to offer cradling his shoulders up a little to make it possibly easier or more comfortable for him to feed. She wasn’t sure if her gesture was pointless or not, but she hoped it would make things easier. She glanced to the girl. She knew the girl was vampiric, but she knew nothing of the girl’s mannerisms and how she would likely take a stranger feeding Viktor in her presence. It was more out of respect for the girl’s possible feelings as she adjusted herself to block her actions from view of the girl. She also didn’t want to alarm the girl any more than she already seemed to be. She needed to be strong and calm at least visibly…at least for the girl’s sake more than anything. It was a motherly type of instinct from being human and helping many women in the tribe with their youngsters that made her worry of the child’s state of mind and feelings. She knew Viktor was his usual calm collected self and naturally this didn’t seem to change that despite the urgency of his condition. She honestly wondered to herself if the man had ever showed genuine emotion.

____

The scent of the woman's blood, and the warmth of it on his lips was all the encouragement that Viktor needed.

He took Talryia's wrist in hand and when he bit down it wasn't at all gentle. The hot blood drew a growl to his throat, and he closed his eyes against the primal blood lust that rose in him.

He was a man who took measured self-control in everything he did in life, but twice now this evening he found himself overtaken by his baser instincts. This time it was the instinct to survive that pushed him to feed with such voracity.

When he finally released her, he had a flush of color to his skin again, but his eyes remained blood shot and his expression pained.

____

Valentina frowned into the phone when he started to ask her what happened before just hanging up. Or at least that was what she assumed happened because the line went dead. The speaker had been male, which was to be expected since his name was Christian. Poking at the screen, she brought it back up to her ear, hissed loudly and tried to reach through it to grab at him. Apparently, that wasn’t how this thing worked, so she once again she placed it against her ear and licked her fangs before biting on her bottom lip. She was still expecting him to say something even though logic dictated he was gone.

“Hello? How the hell do you work this thing?” Snorting, she closed the phone and placed it down on the floor.

Shifting her gaze back towards the two, she frowned when the female bit her wrist and even though the female hid what was going on, Valentina could smell the blood that was not Viktor’s and snarled lightly in her throat. NomNom crawled back up to his master’s head, getting comfortable again and she hissed into the phone, hoping that the guy was at least on his way over. She slid backwards until her back was pressed against a wall and she tugged both legs up against her chest, scowling at what was happening. Dropping her chin down, she ignored her kitty’s mewls and let him get comfortable again. She kept her head down when Viktor began to feed, images of what had happened earlier flashing through her mind. Whimpering softly, she started rocking back and forth, NomNom ending up having to jump down beside her to keep from being tossed off her head. It wasn’t until she saw out of the corner of her eyes that he had stopped feeding that she finally glanced back up again.

____

She tried to fight the wince, but it happened as he bit into her wrist with bloodlust driving behind it. She straightened her features after a few moments, taking some level of difficulty to straighten her features though. She still felt pain like she were human; she had only a portion of the vampiric healing. It was only half as fast as theirs was when fully fed. She didn’t care about that now. She started to smile in fact as he fed. Even though it was brutal and needing, the sensation of being fed from was somewhat sensual to her. She felt the pain, but as he fed more she felt more relaxed about it.

She came to her senses at hearing the girl and felt her strength starting to languish a little. Thankfully, he released her shortly after. Even in bloodlust he had control. She admired him for such a thing. She stood up, gently laying him back down. She turned away from them a moment, then glanced back.

“I will be back in a moment.” She said to him softly.

Before allowing him to respond, she used her speed to take off and get to the guest room she was staying. Her wrist was still bleeding. It would take about half hour for it to finish closing. Her shirt was slightly bloody as she finally found gauze bandaging in her pack. She quickly wrapped it about her wrist. Then considered grabbing a new shirt, but she decided against it since there was still blood around. No point ruining two shirts.
After a few minutes she grabbed some first aid materials and then darted back to where Viktor and the girl were. She wasn’t sure why she brought first aid supplies, but maybe it would help, maybe not. She was not quite sure.

She had never let a vampire feed from her, nor had anyone in her village that she had heard of. So she hoped there would not be any adverse issues. Though knowing the Lady of Malevolent Chaos and her love for vampires, she doubted there would be any so she shook the fear from mind.

____

By the time Christian arrived an hour later, Viktor had succumbed to a restless sleep. He had fed, and the wound had been dressed as best was able, but the bleeding had yet to show any sign of healing. He was for lack of a better term an animated corpse, and he lacked the natural means of healing that humans had. Whatever was interfering with his vampiric regeneration was making it difficult to properly stop the bleeding, and he had no natural means of healing to fall back upon. The dressing had helped in slowing it though.

Christian didn't bother knocking as he, and Varia at his heels, filled into the room. Having been unable to know if the phone call had been a deception of some nature or another, he had opted for bringing the somewhat volatile woman along.

"Who the fuck are you people?" Varia growled at the pair of strangers in the room as the scent of blood filled her nostrils.

Christian meanwhile threw no more than suspicious glances at Talyria and Valentina before he moved to Viktor's side. He pulled the coat back enough to get a look at the blood soaked dressing before trying to rouse him.

"Viktor? Viktor can you hear me?" When no response came he looked instead to Talyria. "What happened to him?" he asked. "And how long ago did he feed?" It was perhaps youthful ignorance that he had turned to Talyria over the 'child' in the room. An ignorance that he should have known better about given his own past involvement with vampiric children whose ages were not reflected in the youth of their bodies

____

When the female disappeared, she started to creep towards Viktor, but only got a few paces before she suddenly appeared again with a first aid kit. Squeaking and shoving herself back against the wall, Valentina hugged her legs right back up against her chest, rocking back and forth again. She whimpered softly, going back to the night her parents were slaughtered in front of her. This was how she spent the majority of the night before she decided to be turned and even after she had been, she was generally like this. In fact, it hadn’t even been too long ago before she was turned. In all respects, it had only been a little over a year since she lost her parents and was offered immortality by Lily. Now that she thought about it though, the child really wished she would have waited until she was older before being turned. Returning her attention towards the situation at hand, she watched as Viktor finally fell asleep.

Being left alone with a complete stranger, though in all actuality, Viktor was a stranger too, Valentina wasn’t sure what to say or do. So, she instead continued to rock in place, watching NomNom sitting silently beside her. Unsure how much time had passed, she snarled and glanced towards the door when it swung open and two figures stepped inside. Her lavender eyes narrowed towards the male and female before she slid back further, trying to find some shadows. Though, she growled at the woman and managed to overcome some of her fear for at least a moment.

“Who the fuck are you?! What makes you think you can just waltz in here!” She hissed before darting back into her crouched sitting position. When the male, who she began to wonder if he was Christian, asked the female that Viktor had fed from what happened and how long ago he fed, Valentina snarled softly.

“He got shot with a bolt by a mean man!”

____

Talrya sat in silence after Bandaging Viktor. She watched him and frowned at the lack of improvement other than a slight slow of blood. She glanced here and there to the young girl in silence. This poor child, surely she had seen a lot of things in her time however long she had been turned. But this still seemed to affect the child. Her human emotions hadn't waned any like they often did with time. She must be a young vampire then considering her behavior. She half wanted to scooped the girl in her arms and console the girl that everything would be alright, but she wasn't sure if one the girl would tolerate it and two if that was appropriate behavior between two strangers or not even in the current circumstances.

After about an hour the door slammed open. Her attention snapped to alert and looked to the figures coming in. The man she hoped, would be this Christian that Viktor seemed confident could help. The woman she immediately recognized as the hot tempered female that had argued with Viktor earlier when she had arrived at the town home. She was uneasy in the hot tempered woman's presence, but she didn't show it. She held her stance strong and confident despite how she felt. She wouldn't give the woman the means to feel she had any power or anything over her at all.

Upon hearing the questions thrown their way with aggressive tones, she knew they were aimed mainly toward her as most people would dismiss the child. Figuring, despite her race, that she would be unable to coherently help them and/or answer them. She stepped aside some to allow Christian in to examine Viktor. She followed Christian with a mix of caution and concern for if he could help Viktor.

She responded in a calm gentle voice to Christian first, feeling his questions were more pressing to the matter than the volatile woman's demand. "I am not certain what happened to be honest. I was here. Viktor came home in this condition with aid of the Child. I would assume..." She was cut off by the young girl's response and her gaze fell to the child. " I would assume possible hunters considering the condition the two came home in. I fed him while the child was on the phone informing Christian of Viktor's condition. So about an hour ago. I also dressed the wound in attempt to help. I couldn't think of anything else to do but be here for him and do what little I have. I know nothing of alchemy or medical affairs."

She then glanced up to Varia, "It is a long story I am sure to who we are. So let's just do simple introductions and then once Viktor is well we will get into to details on both our presences and being with Viktor." She answered softly to Varia. "My name is Lady Talrya Rei Katsumi. I am a recent acquaintance of Viktor's. I am not even sure of who the child is. I figured Viktor's condition was a more pressing matter than simple pleasantries and introductions." She looked into Varia's eyes with a raise of one brow to her in genuine interest. "You are?"

____

"Oh come off it Varia," Christian muttered.

"And who died and put you in charge?" Varia spat back.

"Viktor if you don't shut up and make yourself useful," Christian snapped back.

That seemed to calm her a bit, as the thought that Viktor might be any real danger hadn't particularly crossed her mind.

"What's wrong with him?" she asked.

"I don't know," Christian replied. "He's going to need to feed again soon. If this bleeding doesn't stop he's going to need to feed every hour or two, and I don't know where we're going to find that sort of blood supply on short notice."

He sat back on his heels as he mulled over the matter.

"Someone calm that kid down, so I can find out exactly what happened?" he asked.

____

Valentina scowled slightly, her arms wrapping tighter around her legs. Once again dropping her head down against her knees, she glared at the newer arrivals, before realizing that the other female finally introduced herself. So, she was a Lady, whatever that meant. Ignoring NomNom as he crawled onto her shoulder, she glanced towards the other two and sat up straight, mostly

“I am Valentina Rosetti and I met Viktor a while back and again tonight. My … I… I was looking for my Sire, but she is dead… I found her in an alley… her body was mutilated and her head was cut off and put on her body. I then ran into Viktor and we were coming back here when … hunters or whatever followed us. We went up a huge fire escape and that’s when he got shot with the bolt. Oh, and my white kitty's name is NomNom.” Frowning, she curled up again, rocking back and forth.

____

She kneeled down next to Valentina and wrapped a comforting arm around the girl to try to calm her. She offered soft warm smile to the girl to try to give her a sense that things were going to be alright despite her uncertainty in herself if that was indeed true. That is why the poor child is so shaken up. It was probably her first encounter with hunters. Viktor, please be alright. What were you doing out there anyway? Did I drain you too much and you had to feed? If so, then this is all my fault he is like he is. However, if he wasn’t there…what would happen to Valentina had he not been there for her? She thought to herself. She then looked to Christian and then to Varia with a look of calm on her face again, hiding her inner turmoil with ease.

She then turned back to Valentina, “I love kitties. They are such adorable, personality filled little critters. Can I pet NomNom? It is a pleasure to meet you both. “She spoke with a warm, almost motherly tone of voice as she addressed Valentina.

She would give Valentina a moment to consider her request, but for now she would address the issue of Viktor.
“I will feed him.” She answered calmly as if the idea of being fed on didn’t unnerve her.

In fact, it didn’t disconcert her considering she had fed him once already. She wasn’t sure how long she would be able to maintain her strength, but she wanted to do anything she could to help since this was most likely her fault in the matter of his current state. She wasn’t sure why she felt so driven to help him. She typically wouldn’t careless what happened to her meal. Something was different. She cursed her human emotions for still lingering. The Lady of Malevolent Chaos had fun tormenting her followers, especially her new creations.

____

"Unless you can spare a pint of blood every hour or two, we're going to need more," Christian told Talryia. "You'll be dead in hours. Varia I need you to-"

"Fuck no. I'm not playing errand girl while he bleeds out. We need to get out there and find the fucking pieces of shit that did this," Varia spat.

Christian grit his teeth in frustration. "He won't last the day if we don't get blood in him, Varia. A lot of it. The only place we're going to find that much blood is a blood bank, unless we want to start piling bodies up in the basement."

Varia's wolfish eyes were a swirl with anger, but whatever retort she had she bit off as she turned and left.

"She'll get it," Christian assured the other two. "We're going to need to set you up with an IV in the meanwhile, it'll be more efficient. And kid, is there anything you can tell me about the people you ran into? What they looked like? What they were dressed like? I don't suppose you have the bolt? I could run some tests on it if I did."

____

It took Valentina a lot to keep from shying away from Talyria when she wrapped an arm around her. She didn’t do comfort all that well, but right now it felt okay. After all, she no longer had Lily to take care of her, so she needed to find someone else. Or she would probably end up getting killed, especially since there were hunters out there. Frowning at the memory of what had just happened, she glanced over towards the Lady when she asked to pet NomNom. Blinking, she peered at the kitten who mewed before rubbing himself against Talyria’s legs.

“Sure… he likes being petted.” She smiled faintly, her eyes tearing up again before she managed to push back the emotion.

Valentina was glad when Varia was sent to get some blood because she made her extremely uncomfortable and maybe a little edgy. Once she was out of the house, the vampire relaxed a little, though she remained up against the wall, her knees still against her chest. Her attention shifted towards Christian and she decided she wasn’t so sure about him either, especially when he called her kid, not by her real name. Snarling, she flashed her fangs at him, mostly out of habit, since it wouldn’t phase him.

“The name is Valentina, you ass! No, I didn’t see them… one had stepped in front of us down the street, but Viktor stepped in front of me before putting me up on the fire escape and told me to climb. The bolt was removed when we slipped inside of the building… I picked it up, but didn’t think to bring it.”

____

Every muscle in her body tensed at his practical dismissal of her offer. Upon hearing Valentina’s comment of him being an ass she couldn’t help but agree more with Valentina on that factor. He did She stood up briskly and walked over to Christian.

“Look Christian…You know absolutely nothing about me.” She growled in annoyance. “I may not be able to handle a whole day But I can Fucking handle a few hours til that hot headed woman gets back! Whatever it fucking takes to keep Viktor here!” She softened her means and temperament. “I owe him that much if not more than you could understand.” She said softly. “So do me a favor stick the IV in and let’s do this. Take whatever you need for him. I’ll deal with the consequences of it at my own leisure.”

She sat on her knees next to the couch and thought to herself appreciatively that she had just a tshirt on. She sighed and glanced to Valentina and NomNom.

“NomNom, here Kitty kitty.” She coaxed holding her hand out for him to come over so she could pet the kitty.

She returned a determined look to Christian. She wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Upon hearing him talk of the Iv in the meantime she settled down. She looked to Viktor, a look of sheer concern.

“Whatever it takes Viktor.” She whispered softly.

____

"Yes well, unless you have twelve liters of blood in you, or are named Kisa, then get over it," Christian told her. "Trust me when I say I've bled enough people to know something about this," he said with a snort. "For now we'll set you up to give him a blood transfusion until Varia gets back."

He got up, making his way to some drawers that he pulled open, rummaging through them. Whatever he was looking for he wasn't finding though and after three drawers he stood back up with a scowl.

"There should be med supplies around here somewhere," he said.

Unfortunately it had been months since he had been here last and he ran a hand through his hair as he tried to remember where Viktor kept any of his shit.

"I'm going to check the other rooms," he said as he headed down the hall.

____

Valentina watched Lady Talyria walk over to Christian while mentally noting that Christian didn’t seem to be listening to her. Sighing, she tried to ignore the fact that Viktor was still bleeding out and that despite the other female willing to give her own blood in order to sustain him until the other Vampire returned, Christian had a point. She didn’t have an infinite amount of blood, so eventually, they would have to stop. Nudging NomNom forward when Talyria called for him, she cautiously kept her gaze upon her white kitty, glad that he was so used to others being around and wanting to pet him. He leisurely walked over to her and rubbed his face against her outstretched hand. Returning her attention towards Christian, she was glad when he finally walked out of the room, heading down the hallway for medical supplies. Left alone with Lady Talyria, Valentina relaxed ever so slightly, watching NomNom batting at her hand.

“…How do you know Viktor? Are you his girlfriend or something? He didn’t have a woman here the last time he brought me here. I’m glad you here though, because I don’t think those other two like me and I’m afraid they’re going to throw me out of here. Then I might get killed like my sire…” Frowning, Val hugged her legs against her chest again, shifting her lavender eyes towards the ground.

____

She knew Christian was right about her not being able to produce blood for Viktor forever. She didn't care though, she owed Viktor. She would do whatever it took to get him back to health.

She smiled warmly to the kitten and wiggled her fingers to get it to play. She was trying her best to lighten the mood. It was tense in the room, but she could feel some of the tension ease from both her and the girl who called herself, Valentina. It seemed like the man was a huge stress to more than just her.

Her eyes went wide in surprise by Valentina's inclination to if Viktor and her were a pair. She smiled and laughed softly. "No, I am not Viktor's girlfriend. I am just a friend he met recently. He did a favor for me, a big one. So the least I could do is return the favor by helping him out a bit." She softened to a more motherly heir. "I don't think they like either of us Valentina. But them liking us or not isn't the issue, Viktor's health is and right now you are the link to what happened...and I am the link to keep Viktor here until that other woman gets back. Besides, this is Viktor's house, and if he welcomed us into his home, then we are welcome. They've no say whether we stay or go. Viktor does."

It felt nice hearing Valentina say she was pleased to have her presence. She knew the girl was concerned, it had been a hellish night for young Valentina. "I understand how it feels to loose someone you care for deeply. I lost someone long ago who meant much to me. It will hurt for a long while Valentina. But in the end you will grow strong and be able to handle it better. Though the pain from it will never go away, you just learn to cope with it better." She explained gently to the girl.

With a warm smile, she opened her arms to offer Valentina to come to her and get a hug to help make her feel better.

as written by Faithy

NomNom pounced on the wiggling fingers, letting out a few soft mews as he played fairly happily. He still sensed the distress in his master, but was glad she was at least safe and sound for the moment. Wiggling his nose, he pounced again and rolled onto his stomach, whapping at the fingers with another meow. His tail flipped back and forth as he continued to play with his new friend. Valentina sighed, watching her kitten play with Lady Talyria. At least someone was having fun. Val shrugged a little when the other female said that she wasn’t Viktor’s girlfriend. Maybe they were just friends, but she was acting more than that right now. Maybe that’s what friends did. Maybe they worried about each other,

“Hnn… oh. Well, I hope you’re right. I don’t want to go out on the streets. It’s mighty scary out there. I’m not a link… that dummy isn’t even listening to me. I bet he hates kids or something.” Valentina frowned softly and poked at the ground. She prodded the floor even more when the conversation turned back towards the loss of Lily. Would she cope and grow stronger? Right now she really didn’t think so. Peering at the outstretched arms, Valentina just shook her head and remained where she was at,

“Maybe I’ll cope… but right now, I just want to hug my legs.”

Back