What is the WORST thing to do on a roleplay site?

This maybe isn't the -worst- but it's really annoying when someone doesn't have patience to wait for you to respond. And other times when you're patient and someone just drops the ball entirely without warning. I can't begin to tell how many times I've put effort into an RP only to have the other person randomly stop posting without notice and disappear :(

To tie into the above response, I think the lack of attention that some GM's pay to their roleplay is truly irksome. So many GM's tackle a project but fail to progress the story in a productive way, which normally results in the RP dying - which is a lot of the time, unfortunate. A lot of roleplayers need to be engaged and feel they have a sense of purpose, and communication above all else, as well as freedom, is vital to building an RP that lasts.

~M

I do know a couples of worst things to do:

-Forcing someone else to do a smut RP, i repeat it, but a RP is not all about sex, it's about a collaborative story,

-Forcing a relationship between two characters (mostly OC x canon), or illogical yaoi,
you have no ideas how many times i was forced into this, no, i don't do this shipping trend..

-Being a jerk about someone else lenght, i know that none want to be bored in a story, but they fail to understand that not everyone's first language is english, i myself get yelled at because i'm not a native english-speaker..

-Impatience, or people who are like "hey you are online, RESPOND immediately!!"
, like.. since when a RP is about turning someone else into a slave? gee..

Fuck if I know. Be a dick I guess?

Just be earnest, work hard, and keep learning from your mistakes. There will be people who love you and people who hate you, people who love your work and people who hate it. Can't please everyone, don't even try it.

There isn't really so much a "worst" thing outside of being an unrelenting, overly sensitive, arrogant dick. :p

Wow so many different ones. But I must say though @DifferentStrawhat that has to be one of the top worst ones.
The funny thing, i had no problems, with my past partners, but when i met the pretentious or over-inflated ego peeps, who were such jerks, they dare to treat the other like trash "because they don't fit their exigeances", it's stupid.. crying about it.. it doesn't worth anything, a RP is about fun, creativity, i swear, i never seen this problems on my past communities, but maybe because there were more focused on the fun, not this whole damned contest..

now, i see insults, denigrating, i think that people should really think on how they treat their partners..

I don't know about it being 'the worst' but it does suck...

I hate it when people say they want to rp and then all they do is have their character do basically nothing...

While your character is serious and you are trying to move the plot forward, their character is on the other side of the planet making flower crowns for no good reason but 'just cause'.

Why roleplay if you aren't going to take part in it anyways? :,D

The absolutely worst thing any person could ever possibly do in an RP site... Is to be consumed by your ego. This will lead to such a pompous amount of arrogance that you can't see your own flaws, but rather the flaws of others around you. This will lead you to going behind your fellow RPer's back, trash talking them in order to glorify your own creation in higher standing. This will lead you to purposefully harming and attacking other members due to thinking less of them. This will lead you to ignore all other opinions as your own is the only one that matters. This will lead you to even lust for more power, thinking you deserve it and in turn, backstabbing your own friends in order to get this power or by backstabbing them anyways by abusing your own power anyways.

Letting your ego consume you, is the worst possible thing a person can possibly do in an RP site. It might seem harmless at first, and while it is okay to have a small bit of it, when not kept in check it is devastating.

Making a Mary Sue and trying to be the "main character" of an RP
Or trying to grab the main character attention for the sake of forced romance.

The absolutely worst thing any person could ever possibly do in an RP site... Is to be consumed by your ego. This will lead to such a pompous amount of arrogance that you can't see your own flaws, but rather the flaws of others around you. This will lead you to going behind your fellow RPer's back, trash talking them in order to glorify your own creation in higher standing. This will lead you to purposefully harming and attacking other members due to thinking less of them. This will lead you to ignore all other opinions as your own is the only one that matters. This will lead you to even lust for more power, thinking you deserve it and in turn, backstabbing your own friends in order to get this power or by backstabbing them anyways by abusing your own power anyways.

Letting your ego consume you, is the worst possible thing a person can possibly do in an RP site. It might seem harmless at first, and while it is okay to have a small bit of it, when not kept in check it is devastating.

Agreed, tought they don't do that to their friends, but also to randomn stranger, i avoid "social-roleplaying", because they are usually full of jerks, thinking that they are perfect (when they are not).

Agreed, tought they don't do that to their friends, but also to randomn stranger, i avoid "social-roleplaying", because they are usually full of jerks, thinking that they are perfect (when they are not).
I'm more so talking about experiences than anything. People who're consumed with an ego tend to attack anyone who disagree with them or when they have power, it gets even more to their head to the point of putting down friends. On other RP forums I've seen people who were long time friends with others instantly turn and ban their friends simply because they're no longer needed to help boost their ego. While they're more likely to attack strangers, it's not beneath them to attack friends too.

Hm, when talking about RP websites and their community, I really can't stand those people that behave like hyperactive children, or even are.

I met a guy that was like this. He called himself a, and I am not kidding when he said this, a "buddha". He said he knew Kendo and kept talking about how how he was better than everyone else, and that he could only "tolerate some people".
We obviously got annoyed (as a community) so I spoke out to him, in which he said he was going to get someone to rape me.
Then I contacted a moderator and got banned for "taking matters into my own hands" by contacting her.

Now I'm here, despising a certain two people, one, a ban-happy moderator that enjoys taking offence at everything, and two, an egotistical fool that has lost his touch with reality.

I get riled up thinking about it >.>
View attachment 408

I could be surprised about the rape treat, but why i'm not? because civil manners are unknow on some communities, i get frequently insulted (no matter about what, country included) just because i said what i frankly think about a whole community, like it's full of sex-crazed..

then again, i don't like when a player act like they are "a supreme god and give no damn to respect, so they can act like they want", they do nothing but ridiculizing themselves.

I met so much of it that i can give up, but i have decided to give to the whole RP-thing a chance, maybe to meeting a good community like the one i went in 2013.

Also, its made me upset when some use the "it's fictionnal", while bullying, harrassing a randomn user, trying to slander them.. it's no longer "fictionnal" if they do that out of character..

Back