What is your greatest weakness as a role player?

Not using enough details and missing things i intended to add, i usually edit a few times after posting.

my lack of knowledge on rping, and how new i am to all of this can make getting used to certain ways to write thing pretty difficult

Im a little impatient and when it comes to length I feel pushed to create something long even though I know I don't have to, even best not to. It's why I left a few forms- mainly the Bleach and Naruto roleplays. Also when it gets too depressing or too hurtful I feel I've personally hurt, even if I know it's not true.

1. Trying to take dominance for my side, either by force or subtle actions. Mostly subtle.
2. Lacks of patience when it comes to between posts wait.
3. Too lazy to take descriptive style in my posts.

I have trouble playing characters that aren't supposed to be at least culturally human, I have a tendency to derail plots, and I pretty much never play characters without fairly substantial intellects, which I will usually play as a half-assed approximation to a rationalist of the modern school.

I often have a hard time replying to a roleplay in a timely fashion. My writing inspiration comes in bursts, rather than a steady flow; if I don't feel inspired to write, or if I write a reply and it doesn't meet my (often perfectionist) standards, then I'll wait a while and try again. While this may seem like a good thing - the quality of my posts hardly ever drops - it tends to result in my writing partner waiting an unfair amount of time to get a reply. I absolutely hate making other people wait on me in any situation, especially if it's my fault... but I feel disappointed in myself if I post a reply that I'm not proud of just for the sake of replying in a decent amount of time.

So yeah... dilemmas suck!

Gosh- where to start, haha.

Patience waiting for replies, that's a huge one for me. And I tend to go with the flow a little TOO much. You remember when you had a playdate as a kid, and you and your friend spent the first obligatory fifteen minutes saying "What do you wanna do?" "I dunno... what do YOU wanna do?" That can be me with the plot. Which isn't fair of me, making my group do all the work.

Oh- and I tend to write myself into a corner a lot. Yeah, that super-max prison I designed to have my character break out of is awesome! I just... gotta... y;know. Break him outta it somehow.

I would say my greatest weakness is that when I feel that something isn't flowing in the roleplay (i.e. interactions feeling forced, the plot seems lacking etc) I tend to call it before it gets out of hand, however, I can get a little trigger happy in a sense and do it a bit too early on.

When I have a good idea for a long-term plot development, I sometimes have great urges to rush to it.

Needless to say, I've unknowingly ruined one or two of my RPs in the past because of my recklessness.

I have a lot of weaknesses, but I'd say my biggest ones are over planning and being too controlling. I sometimes put too much detail into a roleplay to the point where other people get really confused and it ends up running into a dead end. If something is moving too slow then I'll get impatient and try to push things along. Same thing with if the plot is going somewhere I don't like I'll try to move the RP to where I want it to be without taking other people's ideas into consideration.

Who is "plot"? How old is he? Is he tall?

I either just make up something on the go to count as a plot, or rather a miserable excuse of a plot, or force myself to go along with other's ideas because unlike me, they know how to plot.

I've have a hard time staying with certain partners. For example, I'm okay with the other person's writing style and ideas, but the moment it becomes a forced one-man-show, I call quits. Also, I get bored when the RP gets stale, and when that happens, I usually don't want to continue anymore. So yeah, mostly, my biggest weakness is I get bored easily. And it's not a good thing to be honest.

I personally think my weakness in role-playing is the inclusion of details and/or making what I'm including into the rp the length of several paragraphs. Many a time have I read that the major thing role-players hate is short responses when role-playing. As a result of that, I keep trying to improve the length of what I put into a role-play, which many would say is good, but I always feel like I add unneeded information. Then when I remove the bits that aren't needed, I think to myself "What if it isn't good and detailed enough for them?" and I try to add a bit more detail. After adding more detail, I decide to trim it down a bit, as I probably don't need all of that detail. Then, it repeats, in a horrible cycle of adding details and getting rid of details.

I'm new to this style of roleplay, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. For now, my biggest weakness is probably that I'm rusty. I haven't written just for fun in years. I used to write a lot, I miss it. Hopefully this helps me get back into the swing of things.

Biggest weaknesses...

I think sometimes, I forget things about my characters because for a large part I make them off the cuff and then forget to write things down... This can sometimes include forgetting their last names. Something I am trying to improve upon.

Also, I think I generally fear the unknown. I've never tried writing a magical character (witch, druid, wizard, etc) because I have very little knowledge on the subject and I could certainly research but then there becomes the trap of including too much of your research into your writing and also the fact that most people have their own interpretation of how things are or should be done and having a witch for one role play could be completely different than in another role play and I could research one kind of witch and a different kind is used in the setting... just an example.

Also, I don't know how to fight. So, that doesn't always come out great.

Sometimes I'm really bad at remembering the little details (but mostly because I don't want to get too caught up in X Character was wearing this outfit and finding that balance can be hard).

My weaknesses are my writing, my flow, and my confidence. I can't write long posts like If I try to write more than 3 sentences I just get insane writing block And it's terrible because I don't want to be that guy that just posts one or two liners. My flow tends to be very choppy unless I get super into the story. And I'm not very confident in my writing in part because of my first point. Oh! I'm also really bad at remembering the small details.

I would say that my greatest weakness would be my lack of character creativity and the fact (I've been told) that I can see loopholes in rules and such... I don't want this power.

Also, I can suffer from a block.

My roleplaying strengths are in my characterisation and encapsulating the emotion/feelings of my characters. My biggest weakness I feel is in my description. I tend to skimp over descriptions a little bit or post generic descriptions of places and people in order to complete the post.

In addition to that, I find the most difficult thing when role-playing is to open the actual roleplay itself. Once I get past the first line or so the rest of it starts to flow naturally, but certainly my biggest struggle is in finding a good or evocative way to open a role-play.

I tend to get catched up in detail/side-happenings so much the plot progression just grounds to a halt. I had several RPs just die because of it, and I got paranoid about it. Its a tendensy I consciusly try to be aware of, and fight it. If I feel a single scene is taking too long, I try to artifisialy akcelerate it and move on. I got this Eight-Post-Rule: If a single scene takes me more then 8 posts to write out, its time to move past it, and the 8th post has to be the one to advance the plot, at the expense of evrything else, if necesary, to keep the RP moving.

Back