What is your greatest weakness as a role player?

I cannot play OCs to save my life. Personally, I just cannot make them interesting or unique, and can never stick to a personality for them. I've only ever been really good as canon characters, which is probably why I prefer so strongly to play them lol

I was not great in English so my biggest problem is using correct punctuation mainly. I probably missed a needed comma in there somewhere in fact.

I write, don't like what I write, so I choose to rewrite. Over and over again. I am pretty slow when it comes to role playing. Reading other people's posts also affects me sometimes especially if it concerns feels, so I also tend to take awhile if something serious happens in a role play. Haha.

I don't post often enough. I might go a couple months without posting, and that's bad. Though that's usually when I'm being leaned on to carry the story. Or actually, to MAKE the story. I once made the mistake of telling a guy I could stand one-liners, as long as they were good and useful, and I could work with them. We start off great. Next moment... ugh. I was drained. And then there are the times when it is my turn and I have to put in something enormous, and colorful, and something my fellow rpest can really, really use. Then I often just sort of... lock down. I'm relied upon to make good, interesting posts that are paragraphs long, and I can't, and I stop. I hate it. It makes me want to cry. It lets down the person who was trusting me to put in an effort and make this rp fun for both of us in my posts. Not that he/she wouldn't be doing the same, but I can't rely on them, just as they can't rely on me. I have met some incredible rpers that I am so excited to work with, but then I find my blown away by the quality and quantity of their posts, and I'm supposed to return that. Giving back to the person who is so amazing and so creative. And sometimes... I can't. My brain gets stretched too far and it hurts. I can't bare to put in a small post even if the other person says it's okay, because it isn't.

I can get really down on myself and think whatever I've written or what I've plotted out is just not very good at all. It's moments like these that sometimes make me lose all motivation in what I'm doing.

I tend to be more happy with what I've done after a while has passed, so there's that at least, lol.

To this day I feel that I have a hard time writing out anything descriptive to actually make it a flowing narrative and not just have it end up rather clunky.

I tend to add too many roleplays to my plate at one time and then they pile up higher and higher until I spend a whole day on a backlog finishing it. Also, I suck at replying to PM roleplays, no matter how much I like the plot, I always consider them as a last on a list of replies.

hmmm... good question.
I think I have two big weaknesses. The first would be not sticking to the personality I give my character at the beginning. I've actually resorted to trying to skip that part of a character sheet whenever possible, because the character just tends to start a life of their own and runs away with it.
My second weakness is a general lapse of interest or inspiration from time to time, causing me to either drop rps completely or have to take long breaks. It annoys me as much as my partner, so I'm really trying to work on that one especially.
Another thing I find difficult, though I wouldn't count it as a weakness, is playing characters whose morality is too different from my own. For exmple I could never play a rapist simply because I will never understand why people would do stuff like that. Funnily enough I have no problem with thieves and some killers are fine too, depending on their motives. Not sure what that reveals about my own character.

My mild autism. I have to make sure my characters aren't saying the wrong thing or bring blunt when they shouldn't.

Similar to @Appletree, one of my biggest weaknesses is deviating from my character's previously stated personality. Sometimes the role play calls for something different from what I originally intended.

Also, I'm pretty picky with role play partners. Sometimes I'll get a few posts in with a person, then something they do really turns me off and I don't want even want to respond. ;-; It might take me days to work up the nerve to respond, or I might tell the person that I don't want to do the rp anymore. It sucks to do that, but if I know I won't be able to enjoy the RP with that person, I'd rather be honest about it than ghost them.

One of my biggest weakness personally is indecisiveness. I usually re-word my posts at least ten maybe fifteen times before deciding on which path to take. I also have a tendency to be redundant in longer posts due to simply forgetting that I had already written about the topic in question.

My greatest weaknesses? Huh...Overpowered characters, definitely, I've gotten far better recently with how I handle my characters, but when I started role playing in general...It wasn't good. At all. And maybe grammar? I always have this sense that I'm doing it wrong, which isn't ill-founded.

Characters are a bit too 'anime', or they tend to be overcomplicated.

I never know how to -end- a role play. Not a post, I mean an entire role play. I sometimes plot or GM and it'll go weeks and I think it normally ends with everyone standing around with their hands in their pockets, not wanting to be the first to ask: "So... uhh.. are we done here or what?" Or more realistically, people just stop posting and there's never a satisfying conclusion. I guess if anyone has suggestions on how to help with this, THAT would be much appreciated LOL. ~~AS

I tend to not speak up when I don't like the way the other roleplayer is acting in or out of the story. I try to be as polite as I can and avoid conflict.

I suck at making long replies. I like to say what is necessary to keep the story moving, I can't pad it any more than that.

Back