Status
Not open for further replies.
The bombs erupted in mid-air from the magic leaving the air open again for a little while as the others ramped up the attacks. While big and bulky a clear flaw in the design of this robot is that it was utterly stationary with no way of moving around or defending itself at close range.

And that's how Undyne took advantage. Duking and weaving through the bombs and smaller robots she'd leap directly into its now unprotected mouth and let rip with a dozen ethereal spears ripping into its interiors. The robot was defenseless and as it roared out in pain Undyne made her escape just as it exploded lighting up the entire room momentarily blinding the group. As their vision returned they'd find the robots turned to scrap and a massive staircase leading further down.

@Raynar Saassin

"Good work everyone, it looks like that mechanical Guardian was blocking access to the lower levels. Maybe we can find what we were looking for there?"

Celes asked as she began to move a few feet before stopping and turning towards Pharaoh Man.

"Was that Guardian the source of the faint energy reading?"

@Jeremi

"No, In fact with it gone," Pharaoh Man pointed down the stairs. "It's getting stronger and it's really close." Pharaoh Man motioned them to follow him down the stairs.

The area once again changed as they walked down. This area looked more pristine than the earlier areas with everything still being rather intact. "This place..." Pharaoh Man mused aloud to himself as they walked. He mumbled something to himself when they got down the steps. They seemed to be in a massive hangar of some sort looking quite different from before. What could be hidden in here?

While there was light it was dim enough for the group to not look too far in front of them. "Whatever is causing this signal should be just ahead."

@Raynar Saassin

"Well, let's try to find it and end this. Whatever the Research Team uncovered must be in this room somewhere. Let's try to find some light and see what we have to work with."

Celes then proceeded to walk slowly into the room, sword drawn as she fully expected to be on her guard in case either anything stronger than that Guardian would be here, or more smaller foes to weaken them.

@Jeremi

As Celes walked further into the room her sword touched something metal in front of her. "What's that?! More robots to scrap?!" Undyne went into full attack mode ready to toss any spears towards their foes.

"No, it's...it's something big in the middle of the room." Pharaoh Man got closer. "I thought it was part of the room but...Oh..." Pharaoh Man looked at the base of the metal structure and looked all the way up. "I think we found what we were looking for."

Pharaoh Man moved his hand forward to shine towards where Celes had bumped into the structure. It wasn't a pillar or something like it. It was a leg, and it was massive.

@Raynar Saassin

"What... IS this thing?"

Celes stuttered her response as she started backing up once she banged into the giant metallic leg. She put her Sword away for a moment and continued backing up, hoping to get a better view of whatever the thing was.

@Jeremi

The leg seemed to stretch on forever. "It's about 36 meters tall," Pharaoh Man replied his eyes narrowing as he tried to get a better look with his night vision. "It can't be!" He finally exclaimed in surprise. "I know what this is!" It was hard to get any light so the others couldn't quite tell what it was.

"I thought they had it destroyed but, this structure is a giant robot called Gamma. It's from my world."

@Raynar Saassin

"This structure comes from your world? Perhaps this is what your energy reading is coming from then."

Celes stated as she was about to ready a spell but then realized she was dealing with a 35 meter tall structure."

"Does this thing have any weakpoints?"

@Jeremi

Celes would find after some closer inspection that it seemed to have its fair amount of dust and cobwebs all around it. "No doubt about it," Pharaoh Man replied. "Despite looking like he does I think he still has some juice left in him."

"What even is this construct?" Aversa asked looking rather impressed at the machine in front of them. "I assume a mechanical beast like this was built for battle?"

"From what I remember," Pharaoh Man started. "It was a joint build by a man called Dr Light and Dr Wily. He'd supposedly turned good at the time. Dr Light wanted it to be a tool for peace but...Wily had other plans. I thought it had been destroyed but,"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. This is all very interesting." The tone of Undyne's voice implied otherwise. "But what's it gonna do to help us? We found a big mountain of scrap and now what?"

"Well," Pharaoh Man stroked his chin. "It seems to be pretty intact despite all the cobwebs. There's probably some circuitry stuff too but...if this we could get this thing up and running..."

"It could be a phenomenal weapon against the Wily-Eggman forces," Aversa replied before fully turning towards Pharaoh Man. "This is no doubt a boon. While it is a shame so many of our troops lost their lives. This discovery makes up for it. An ace in the hole...if we got this monstrosity to move...we have to inform Alphys about this and the rest of our science division. This will become a top priority."

@Raynar Saassin

"If we re-activate this thing, how can we guarantee it won't try to kill us? And what about the rest of the Pyramid?"

Celes stated as she wandered about for a moment, taking a look around the room, looking for anything that could be a sign of trouble.

"This would be a massive boon to our cause if we reactive it, or we could end up dying to it."

@Jeremi

"It will take a lot more manpower than what we can muster," Aversa replied to Celes. "And we, don't but perhaps our technicians have an inkling on what to do with it."

"We're just here yapping again when we should be doing stuff!" Undyne replied frustrated. "Let's get outta here, tell Alphys about it and then we'll figure it out back at HQ!"

Pharaoh Man pondered for a moment. "It would be irresponsible to leave it without anyone guarding it..." He mumbled audibly to himself before turning towards the others. "I'll stay here and keep watch when you go and get some help. I don't think it's wise leaving something like Gamma unprotected."

@Raynar Saassin

"I'll stay behind. Undyne, Aversa, stay safe out there."

Celes stated as she now had her guard up more than ever. Something about this construct and Pharaoh Man's decision to stay behind didn't strike her the right way, seeing as he knows what the construct is.

@Jeremi

Undyne and Aversa looked at each other before the mage shrugged. "Very well, that's why you were contacted after all. We'll try to be as fast as possible to get more Resistance members here...and perhaps something to eat for you. While I don't know how many hours we have lost during our time inside this place. It's been quite a while."

Pleasantries exchanged the two started to make their way back up to the stairs they came from the echoing of their footsteps soon going silent.

Pharaoh Man hadn't said anything for a while before he spoke. "You really didn't have to stay here with me...I just offered to stay behind since I'm a robot and all, but...I-I appreciate it." He stammered awkwardly.

@Raynar Saassin

"Someone needs to keep you safe while you figure out how to turn this thing on. (Also because I had really only just met you in this Pyramid of all places. Something about you turns me the wrong way.)"

Celes stated but kept her last thoughts to herself as time went on in the Pyramid. Maduin was still refreshing himself after helping with the Guardian, so Celes had to rely on whatever magic power she had recovered after using Ultima, and her blade.

@Jeremi

”Oh I don’t think I’ll be able to do that,” Pharaoh Man replied awkwardly scratching the back of his head. “I’m an explorer robot, not a research one, but I guess we kind of know how we…tick. It’s the same with humans I suppose? You’re not all doctors but you can deal with stuff like the flu, right? Sorry…”

He turned to give Gamma a closer look. “I’m rambling.” Pharaoh Man worked in silence again for a moment before he spoke up again. “Thanks for allowing me to join you, by the way. I’m sure finding someone like me and grabbing me along wasn’t the easiest choice, but I promise I’ll do my best to help this rebellion out! Dr. Wily’s bad news, after all, that’s what my creator always says. I can’t believe they were friends in the past. You know with Wily’s trying to take over the world schemes. I still can’t believe he succeeded…and all these different worlds. Can’t wait to finally get out of here and see it all for myself.”

Pharaoh Man leaned his back on Gamma's massive leg. “Can you imagine all the different ruins there has to be out there? Maybe if the rebellion wants me I can go spelunking for them or something?” If he had realized that Celes was distrusting his motivations was hard to say but he seemed cheerful that Celes and the Rebellion's current mission was a success, or close to it anyway considering the circumstances that had brought Celes here originally.

@Raynar Saassin

"I'm sure the Rebellion would love to have you working with us. Someone with your expertise in exploration would be very valuable... although..."

Celes pondered for a moment before looking towards Pharaoh Man.

"I don't see you surviving on your own... I had to fend for myself in a destroyed world, looking after my only family, and then eventually locating my friends. I can't imagine what it's like for you to experience what I've been through. But, you seem capable."

@Jeremi

There seemed to be a piece of dark past there that Pharaoh Man wasn't going to try and figure out. "Well...thank you. I always try my best." From there the conversation went silent.

Minutes turned into hours and fatigue was finally setting in on Celes. She had to get some rest or she wouldn't be in fighting shape in case something were to happen. Pharaoh Man promised to be on the lookout for anything suspicious. Uneasily she'd drift into sleep with her personal robotic bodyguard looking over her. Not that she'd probably get any peaceful sleep on the cold steel floor.

She'd be woken up to a lot of clamoring and working around her. As her eyes opened she'd spot Alphys giving out some directives to a few soldiers that rushed off.

"Seeing you sleeping," Celes heard Aversa speaking to her and if she looked to her right she'd find her looming over here. "We thought it was best for you to wake at your own pace rather for us to do it."

Looking around Celes could see that work was in full swing all around her as people were dragging in different technology and examining Gamma around who they seemed to be building a scaffolding.

@Raynar Saassin

"H-Huh... Where..."

Celes woke up to the sound of Aversa's voice as she slowly began to raise herself upwards, sitting on whatever she was resting on, to discover she was back at the base they set off from. Looking around, she saw that loads of equipment and tech was being moved about, and scaffolding was being built around the giant mechanical construct that they had discovered deep in the Pyramid.

"I see everything went well... Ooh, my head. I must of dozed off, my head feels uneasy... Is Undyne okay?"

@Jeremi

"She mentioned that she was going "robot hunting" the last time I saw her," Aversa replied to her query. "I believe she took Pharaoh Man with her as a guide. A reasonable choice despite it being her idea. If we are going to set up another base here then we will have to eliminate any undesirables after all."

@Raynar Saassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back