What was your first role-playing experience?

My first experience was with a girl in middle school. When the summer started we went on Neopets and started up an RP about our OC character interacting with each other... it was really weird at first but after awhile i got hooked on RPing

My first roleplay was a cheesy story named "The Survivors" made by my friends and I in 5th-6th grade. We had a huge team of writers +recruiting more and it was known by the entire grade >:3

My first roleplaying experience was at a streaming site called Ustream. I was linked there by a friend who was recruiting people to hang out at her Ustream chat, so being 14 and curious...I went there with an open mind. Back in the day, OoC and IC had a bit of a blurred line. So, sometimes they would be in character and then randomly go serious again. I came in when they randomly decided to make Pizza. Yeah. That's when I found out the joys of Roleplaying through actions, like using ** to do things. @Nebulon Ranger was also part of this and knows very well how our main RP group began.

My first experience was weird but hey, it did the trick. I got into roleplaying and couldn't have been happier.

Ah btw, this happened nearly 7 years ago.

So my first intro to RP was in my freshman year of high school when I joined a site called TinierMe (I wish the American servers stayed up but alas, 'twas not to be) and I made some relaly good friends on there who would help me get items and just in general chat with me. Two of my closest friends on there introduced me to RP and I fell in love with it! Afte that it all kind of fell into place and here I am!

Me and my friends wrote a story where you continually add one sentence at a time, only reading the sentence before it. Having fun writing stories, one of my friends decided this was the perfect moment to force us to join an online rp site. Although I hadn't been sure about it, she mildly terrified me, so I signed up. We all started an rp together, in which one person forgot about, and it quickly died out. However, the fun of rping had gotten to me by this point, so I continued on to joining new rps and got addicted quickly. I've always loved stories and writing them, but had thought it got slightly boring to do so yourself. The introduction to rping (hadn't even known it was a thing until then) was great fun for me.

To be honest, my first experience was when I got a DSi and used the little chat box w/ some friends (in rainbow, of course) to roleplay.
Now, I'm obsessed.
I have known I'm a writer since first grade, though, when my English teacher gave me awards for my writing ability. It was quite nice to be recognized, I'll say.

My first roleplaying experience was with a small group of friends from middle school on a hotmail group. It mostly turned into me and my best friend roleplaying, but two mutual friends were active for short periods of time. We switched between an Organization 13 roleplay (Kingdom Hearts) and Katekyo Hitman Reborn! roleplay, though we mainly stuck with the Reborn! roleplay. Eventually, we switched over to writing fanfiction and original fiction, but before I crossed back into writing fanfiction (which I had started doing in elementary school when Nick had forums), the friend who started our group convinced me to join TinierMe. If I hadn't joined TinierMe, I probably would have stopped when my friends stopped. But here I am, a new member of this site, a good six or seven years later.

My first real role playing experience was when I was maybe 12 or 13, playing a no longer available browser game called Thirst of Night. I got into no less than three Roleplays over that game, and have been going on with that ever since.

I first RPed in Secondlife. I was on a sim there that was mostly French speaking (not my first language) and learning how to RP from someone who could barely put a full proper sentence together in English. Somehow, I managed to learn enough to move on from there and eventually found my way to people who did para-posting(still in SL). This was all almost ten years ago (wow time flies!). I've been addicted to RP ever since ;)

Other than the usual make believe when I was a kid, when I was about 8 or 9, I went on this site I found called Warriors RPG. It was a small site that featured Fandom RPs as well as original ones that mostly consisted of children posting 1 to 2 lined replies with very poor grammar. I was one of those kids, but I eventually got better and sort of lost interest in it because my paragraphs were usually replied with single sentences. That's probably what got me involved.

Aw, man. I love these threads. I always see Neopets mentioned.

I got my start on the Runescape roleplaying forums. I started some of the "Inn threads" that stuck around and made it to the 50-page monster. My character was this half-elf named Satora Tasogaryn, which was part of how I have the nickname Sato (to the people on this site who know me)

But yeah.

Runescape RP forums.

WHERE YOU AT DJ SLIM.

My first RP experience was on Miiverse, precisely: on the Professor Layton community, it was in...2013, i met awesome partners whom i had no news since then..

i played as the Professor, a partner played as Flora and a other one was either Luke or Emmy.

Gosh, i miss these days..

My first role play experience was quite a few years ago on Club Penguin. I remember I used to role-play in the forest as a camper or vampire.

wow... I guess maybe I'm a little old for a lot of you.. I started playing in 1977 - Original DnD and Traveller sci-fi RPG. I moved onto Runequest, Call of Cthulhu, Midle Earth Roleplaying, Rolemaster, Amber RPG, Judge Dredd, Shadowrun, Earthdaawn, not to mention my own homebrew games.

I first started roleplaying on a Pokemon site called Marilland (now Azurilland). I don't remember much about my first RP, but I started a very successful thread that was about half-human Pokemon hybrids escaping experimentation. It was fun being the antagonist.

When I was a kid, I remember going to a bed and breakfast absolutely miles away from my house for my dad's retirement party (of a sorts). While he went off for the night with his work colleagues, I had a wander around this huge house - which was the B&B - and after watching a film or two, noticed these guys sat in the lounge rolling some dice around and writing stuff down on paper. I was pretty curious, and ended up joining them in their game of dungeons and dragons. It has to be one of the funnest nights I've ever had: I stayed up till the early hours of the morning with people around three times my age, having a great time rolling around some dice and listening to each other talk out way around things.

I loved the fact that I could do whatever I wanted in this game, and that they didn't really care that I was a kid, and found a place near me that played it as well. I've been playing D&D ever since, but around seven years ago I found the website 'Wattpad', which someone had recommended for reading some stories, but once I found out it had a roleplaying community, I started roleplaying online. That site eventually collapsed in regard to the roleplaying aspect, and after numerous other websites, here I am, still enjoying myself.

Stumbled on my Dad's AD&D collection when I was a wee lil' man. Became mesmerized with the idea of crafting entire fantasy worlds, and from that point forward, started writing. When I was around twelve, I played Warcraft 3 and stumbled upon role players there. Soon after I found forums, and started role playing there too. That was so long ago now.

I feel bloody old now, thanks.

Oh boy let me see. Well I was great at pretending when I was a kid so maybe there. However, when I was in the 11th grade my bf would rp on yahoo chat rooms and I'd watch him but didn't actually rp myself. A few years later the same bf started using secondlife and I joined him. We didn't do a lot of rp there but he created things for sale. Skip forward a year later and I started really getting into rp on an app called live chat. Which is where I feel my start was.

Ohh boyy...
My first expirence was 2 years ago, when I was 13. It was a rainy day, so me and my friends were stuck in my friend's (Let's call him Jon) house. We got bored from playing his console, so I just said "Wouldn't it be just lovely if we RP'd right now?" in a sarcastic way. They didn't find it sarcastic at all.
We started RP'ing some fictional world that me and my friends quickly made up. Jon was the GM, because he claimed to have a lot of D&D expirence. I bet that to this day. Anyway. The world we made up was basically a planet that was just bursting with new colonies and cities being built there and there. Everybody made up either an alien or a human, but I decided to take it further. I RP'd as an android which was built by a race long forgotten, with the android's main target to find intelligent life with a spaceship capable of travelling from one corner to another corner of the galaxy, so the android could make a Galaxy Map. The name I gave him was strange for an android, but he was called Marvelous Chester. But everybody called him by his model number, which was CONCEPT-67 CL-16. Some called him out as just 67, CL-16 or by his full model number. We RP'd for hours until the rain was gone, and then we continued the other day. And so, within 2 weeks, we finished RP'ing as these characters because we reached our goals. That was the time when I realized that I love RP'ing.

Back