Status
Not open for further replies.
"Okay, not looking for your life stories here..."

Junko turned quickly and started making her way toward the entrance. Claire moved quickly to join her. "I was gonna go out for lunch, but I guess we can swing by the cafeteria," Junko said as she pushed the doors open to the lobby.

J9w7IBq.png

It looked less extravagant than the outside might have suggested, though it was obviously quite a large building. "So, this is like... the entrance hall," Junko said, sounding a bit flat. She didn't seem too interested in lingering here long and was quickly on the move again. She mildly pointed out the A/V Room before making a beeline for the school's cafeteria.

at4XrwC.png

"Here we are... cafeteria! I'm starving." Junko made a move for the array of food currently out for the students to take. The cafeteria seemed pretty empty, though a few students were lingering. One in particular was of particular interest to Billy.

"Makoto?"

One boy who had just finished his food turned suddenly at the sound of his name. He looked a bit confused at who he saw.

qqG2eDs.jpg

"Sorry, do I know you...?"

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Sark @Ver

"I would have hoped that you did," Wanda replied walking up in front of the group. She had been quiet surveying the area trying to figure out where they were, but seeing Makoto confirmed it. "How long have you been here, Makoto? Who else is here with you."

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Sark @Ver

ze6Pihb.jpg

"You sure you have the right person?" Makoto asked, pointing at himself. "I'm afraid I don't know who you people are, I'm sorry. I've been attending Hope's Peak for the last year now."

Billy gave his mother a sidelong glance. "We're new here," he said. "We, uhh..."

"We're psychic!" Elliot blurted out.

Makoto looked slightly amused at that. "Do you guys know Sayaka...?"

It was then that Junko joined the conversation, carrying a heavy amount of food and dragging Gentaro along with her. "They're with me, Makoto. Today, I'm the Ultimate Tour Guide."

Makoto let out a small chuckle. "Ahuh... well, I'd love to help out, but I actually have to get to a meeting with someone."

Junko leaned forward, her eyebrows raised. "Ooh... who is it?"

3RTw6eL.jpg

"J-Just Kyoko! Except, she isn't answering my texts so I don't know where we're meeting exactly. I don't want to miss her before lunch ends."

"Oh!" Junko closed one of her hands into a fist excitedly. "We'll help you look for her, Makoto! I see you two always making those googly eyes at each other, so I know this is about love. Little did you know, Makoto, I am also the Ultimate Matchmaker!"

While Makoto stammered out a series of words that were between denial and doubt, Junko continued talking over him.

"We'll split up, okay? Where do you think she's likely to be?"

"Uh, I guess..." Makoto sighed, as if knowing he would just have to go along with this now. "Maybe either the dorms or the library?"

ze6Pihb.jpg

"You sure you have the right person?" Makoto asked, pointing at himself. "I'm afraid I don't know who you people are, I'm sorry. I've been attending Hope's Peak for the last year now."

Billy gave his mother a sidelong glance. "We're new here," he said. "We, uhh..."

"We're psychic!" Elliot blurted out.

Makoto looked slightly amused at that. "Do you guys know Sayaka...?"

It was then that Junko joined the conversation, carrying a heavy amount of food and dragging Gentaro along with her. "They're with me, Makoto. Today, I'm the Ultimate Tour Guide."

Makoto let out a small chuckle. "Ahuh... well, I'd love to help out, but I actually have to get to a meeting with someone."

Junko leaned forward, her eyebrows raised. "Ooh... who is it?"

3RTw6eL.jpg

"J-Just Kyoko! Except, she isn't answering my texts so I don't know where we're meeting exactly. I don't want to miss her before lunch ends."

"Oh!" Junko closed one of her hands into a fist excitedly. "We'll help you look for her, Makoto! I see you two always making those googly eyes at each other, so I know this is about love. Little did you know, Makoto, I am also the Ultimate Matchmaker!"

While Makoto stammered out a series of words that were between denial and doubt, Junko continued talking over him.

"We'll split up, okay? Where do you think she's likely to be?"

"Uh, I guess..." Makoto sighed, as if knowing he would just have to go along with this now. "Maybe either the dorms or the library?"

The ensuing waltz into the heart of the so-called academy was a leisure, though Giorno couldn't help but glare at Junko as they made their way inside, his gaze sharp and suspect. As he'd always believed, one can only tell the nature of a person through their actions. Even as this girl did no wrong, nor held no place in his mind, she exuded a choking air. Like a shark looming around the outside of a cage.

"Hm," he hummed in response to the slapdash excuse of their group being teachers and students. It wasn't entirely false - Giorno never finished high school, but never officially dropped out either.

When the tour took them to the cafeteria, however, the game had changed. Makoto Naegi, the acting figurehead of the Coalition, was eating food in the cafeteria of some bizarre cafeteria. Even more concerning was his casual namedrop of Ms. Kirigiri. Giorno had his suspicions when he first met them so long ago, but this confirmed it - they must be from the same 'reality'. Something tells me that one of those two is our target... or, maybe both.

View attachment 7957

"Kyoko Kirigiri, right?" Giorno suddenly chimed into the conversation, the golden-haired 'student' making himself evident as he emerged from the back of the crowd and placed his hands on his hips. "You must be Makoto Naegi, then? Apologies for the scare. I know I'd managed to get a peek at the class manifest before arriving at Hope's Peak, though it seems I wasn't the only one."

"Though, I have to admit; I hate being tied to a tour guide, so a free-walk around the academy looking for your friend sounds like it'd be fun,"
he turned to the rest of their number. "Would anyone like to check out the library?"

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Sark @Ver

The ensuing waltz into the heart of the so-called academy was a leisure, though Giorno couldn't help but glare at Junko as they made their way inside, his gaze sharp and suspect. As he'd always believed, one can only tell the nature of a person through their actions. Even as this girl did no wrong, nor held no place in his mind, she exuded a choking air. Like a shark looming around the outside of a cage.

"Hm," he hummed in response to the slapdash excuse of their group being teachers and students. It wasn't entirely false - Giorno never finished high school, but never officially dropped out either.

When the tour took them to the cafeteria, however, the game had changed. Makoto Naegi, the acting figurehead of the Coalition, was eating food in the cafeteria of some bizarre cafeteria. Even more concerning was his casual namedrop of Ms. Kirigiri. Giorno had his suspicions when he first met them so long ago, but this confirmed it - they must be from the same 'reality'. Something tells me that one of those two is our target... or, maybe both.

View attachment 7957

"Kyoko Kirigiri, right?" Giorno suddenly chimed into the conversation, the golden-haired 'student' making himself evident as he emerged from the back of the crowd and placed his hands on his hips. "You must be Makoto Naegi, then? Apologies for the scare. I know I'd managed to get a peek at the class manifest before arriving at Hope's Peak, though it seems I wasn't the only one."

"Though, I have to admit; I hate being tied to a tour guide, so a free-walk around the academy looking for your friend sounds like it'd be fun,"
he turned to the rest of their number. "Would anyone like to check out the library?"

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Sark @Ver

Wanda looked over to Makoto for a moment before turning her attention towards Giorno. "I will accompany you."

"Yeah!" Biscuit exclaimed, looking like she was still playing her role as a cute and friendly girl. "If you could show me I'd be ever so thankful."

Bridgette kept her eyes on Elliot. Looked like she was going to go wherever he went.

View attachment 7958

"Huh...? Oh, God," Touma could only utter as they were met with the familiar sight of Junko, followed by Makoto. It should have gone without saying too that they wouldn't recognize anyone in the group. That would have just been too easy if they'd recognize himself, or Billy, or in just Makoto's case, Giorno. Normally, he'd muse to himself "such misfortune," but in the grand scheme of things, perhaps this went just a bit beyond his usual fare of bad luck.

He remained silent as they bantered around with Makoto and Junko, the boy a bit at a loss of what to do here next. Of course, that seemed par for the course; as always, they'd have to figure it out themselves. Certainly, Makoto and Junko being here were a real red flag in one way or another, but conveniently, a lead seemed to pop up as Kyoko was name-dropped. If nothing came of them running into Makoto and Junko, maybe Kyoko would be able to get them someplace. It was a long shot, but it was the only shot they had right now.

While they were in the cafeteria though, Touma may as well help himself to the free food. Once they'd restore the multiverse, he'd have to get used to his biggest problems being his measly allowance again. With that, he took hold of a sandwich and began idly chowing down. If nothing else, he'd need the energy. He'd look really stupid if he didn't have the strength to fight Revan because he didn't have a sandwich in him after all.

View attachment 7959

"Mmph... Right. So you had a date planned? Sounds like a hassle," Touma idly commented, before giving a shrug toward Giorno. "I'll go for the library too. I don't wanna accidentally end up poking my head in the girls' dorm again..."

@Crunch @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @York @Lucky @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Sark @Everybody

Nathan looked around as the girl very quickly and uninterestedly showed them around the school, stopping as they reached the cafeteria. He let go of Elliot's hand, moving forward to grab a slice of pizza off of a tray- taking a large bite of it as he returned to the others. It was hot and hit Nathan's stomach the right way, the man almost rolling his eyes at the taste.

This nice moment soon interrupted as Elliot claimed they were psychics, causing Nathan to choke. He coughed sporadically, tears forming in his eyes. He took a second to gain his composure before listening to the others talk to a teen boy who was sat at the table in front of them. The girl seemingly knowing him. He stopped paying attention, picking at his pizza until he heard discussion of them splitting up.

"I'm heading to the library, Elliot you coming?" He asked flatly, assuming the library might be a calmer experience; though he knew that nothing was ever normal.

@Atomic Knight @Crunch @Ver @Jeremi

Makoto bowed his head to Giorno, thankful for his politeness. "I understand," he said. "When I first came to Hope's Peak Academy, I did a lot of research on my fellow classmates." He got up from his seat and got a sense of how many people had actually gathered around. "Well... I think it would be best if I went to the dorms. Junko can take you guys to the library."

Makoto had moved quickly, either eager to see Kyoko or to get away from the crowd. "Since you guys are new, let me explain about the dorms," he was saying, taking a right turn from outside the cafeteria. "There's a separate dormitory building, but some students can have rooms inside the main building. Those are mostly reserved for special cases or those involved in important projects. Kyoko is... very special."

They stopped at a door not far away that sported Kyoko's name on the plate by the door. Makoto gave it a quick knock, but there was no answer. "Hmm... guess she's not inside..."

"Can I help you?"

oZXNq6O.png

A boy had exited the room next to Kyoko's, looking less-than-pleased. Claire crossed her arms and matched the kid's look.

"Oh, we're just looking for my friend," Makoto answered. "Do you know where she is? We were probably going to check the library next."

The boy thought on this. "I think I may know. Except, I would need a favor first."

@Capri @Dorms

Junko was taking her new titles very seriously and energetically led the other group up to the school's second floor. She moved at a quick pace, eager to get along, though at least pointed out the various rooms along the way. When they came to the library, Junko threw open the door to find that it was currently not the most exciting place. It seemed almost deserted.

8PZFpna.png

"Hrm..." Junko cupped her hands around her mouth. "Kyokoooo! Are you in here?!"

Elliot turned to whisper in Nathan's ear. "I heard people are supposed to be quiet in libraries?"

@Crunch @Jeremi @Ver @Space_Candy @Library

Nathan's face went slightly red in embarrassment as the girl yelled when they entered the library, but to his relief, it seemed empty. He looked around, the surroundings dull and filled with books. He let out a laugh as Elliot spoke.

"I don't think she's like regular people," he gave Elliot a smile, looking around the library for the girl that Makoto mentioned.

@Atomic Knight @Crunch @Jeremi @Ver @Library

"KYOKOOOOOOOO!!!" Having joined the library group, Honda was more than happy to help search for the missing detective as he followed Junko's lead. "Talk about a reunion, huh? Hope we don't gotta pick up the mouse, though..."

"Keep yelling, yeah," Jianyu said with a yawn, seeming to have moved on from her circus ordeal rather quickly. "Considering how dead this place is, Kyoko's probably taking a nap or some shit."

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Library​

View attachment 7990

"HEY SHUT UP!!"

Suddenly, right to the side of the group that went to the library, a bespectacled girl could be seen poking her head from around the corner of a bookshelf, grimacing deeply as her pale face turned pink slightly heatedly. It seemed, to put it lightly, she hardly took to Junko's attempt to call out for Kyoko very well. Touma stiffened up slightly, pursing his lips uneasily as he recognized the girl from the height of the Revanchist War, but she seemed pretty... different here, though for better or for worse, who could say? Knowing him, it was probably still bad but in a different way.

Gingerly stepping forward, her hands still raised slightly and fidgeting with each other, a telltale sign that she was unbearably nervous, the young woman gave a pointed glare toward Junko. "D-Do you... e-ever shut up, Junko?! Some people are t-trying to study quietly here! Do you mind?!" She hissed toward Junko, the irony of her words seemingly lost on her, though of course, the people who knew her could imagine that volume control was never her strongest suit.

"W-Wait, why is there a sumo wrestler here?! We have a-an Ultimate Sumo Wrestler or something now?!"

View attachment 7991

"Quiet study... Coulda fooled me," Touma murmured underneath his breath. Then again, he wasn't one to talk. Before the multiverse got destroyed two times in a row, he was in danger of having to repeat the grade thanks to continuously having to cut class to save the world. Such misfortune.

Arms still trembling uneasily as she gave the group a pointed look, the girl went on again. "W-Who are you people anyway?! T-This is all your fault somehow, Junko, isn't it?!"

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Crunch @Space_Candy @Library

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight

The boy thought on this. "I think I may know. Except, I would need a favor first."
Gentaro pondered this. The boy, at first, would have leaped at the chance to help a friend, but then he remembered Bridgette telling him to be more careful.

“Well...what is it?” Gentaro inquired the boy.​

The boy seemed to be studying the group for a moment. Makoto only kept politely smiling.

"I left something in the laundry room, could you get it for me? It's a very important textbook."

"The laundry room?" Makoto asked. "It's really not that far..."

The boy only stared.

@Capri @Dorms

Junko looked... perturbed at the sight of this new girl, to say the least.

t0EEqdJ.png

"H-How is this my fault?!" Junko exclaimed, really not bothering at all to lower her voice. "These people just wanted a tour of the school! They're new, for your information! Maybe we do have an Ultimate Sumo Wrestler now! In fact--" She suddenly reached out and grabbed Touma's shoulder. "I bet this is the Ultimate... uh... Ultimate Soy Boy! How about that? Do you have a problem with that?!"

"So this is how schools are in Japan," Elliot said brightly, not really knowing any better.

@Yun Lee @Crunch @Jeremi @Ver @Space_Candy @Library

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight

"Sure!"
Gentaro said, his features lighting up a little bit.

Something about this boy seemed suspicious... Gentaro can't exactly put his finger on it, but he was definitely someone to keep an eye on, but this was the only lead he had to find Kyoko. She's presumably the one they have to rescue.

He waited for Makoto to lead the way to the laundry room.

Makoto bowed his head to Giorno, thankful for his politeness. "I understand," he said. "When I first came to Hope's Peak Academy, I did a lot of research on my fellow classmates." He got up from his seat and got a sense of how many people had actually gathered around. "Well... I think it would be best if I went to the dorms. Junko can take you guys to the library."

Makoto had moved quickly, either eager to see Kyoko or to get away from the crowd. "Since you guys are new, let me explain about the dorms," he was saying, taking a right turn from outside the cafeteria. "There's a separate dormitory building, but some students can have rooms inside the main building. Those are mostly reserved for special cases or those involved in important projects. Kyoko is... very special."

They stopped at a door not far away that sported Kyoko's name on the plate by the door. Makoto gave it a quick knock, but there was no answer. "Hmm... guess she's not inside..."

"Can I help you?"

oZXNq6O.png

A boy had exited the room next to Kyoko's, looking less-than-pleased. Claire crossed her arms and matched the kid's look.

"Oh, we're just looking for my friend," Makoto answered. "Do you know where she is? We were probably going to check the library next."

@Capri @Dorms

Junko was taking her new titles very seriously and energetically led the other group up to the school's second floor. She moved at a quick pace, eager to get along, though at least pointed out the various rooms along the way. When they came to the library, Junko threw open the door to find that it was currently not the most exciting place. It seemed almost deserted.

8PZFpna.png

"Hrm..." Junko cupped her hands around her mouth. "Kyokoooo! Are you in here?!"

Elliot turned to whisper in Nathan's ear. "I heard people are supposed to be quiet in libraries?"

@Crunch @Jeremi @Ver @Space_Candy @Library

"Some people just don't have the sense," Bridgette remarked to Elliot's question, having opted to go to the library when the two boys went. "But maybe that will start getting things moving."

The boy seemed to be studying the group for a moment. Makoto only kept politely smiling.

"I left something in the laundry room, could you get it for me? It's a very important textbook."

The boy only stared.

@Capri @Dorms

t0EEqdJ.png

"H-How is this my fault?!" Junko exclaimed, really not bothering at all to lower her voice. "These people just wanted a tour of the school! They're new, for your information! Maybe we do have an Ultimate Sumo Wrestler now! In fact--" She suddenly reached out and grabbed Touma's shoulder. "I bet this is the Ultimate... uh... Ultimate Soy Boy! How about that? Do you have a problem with that?!"

"So this is how schools are in Japan," Elliot said brightly, not really knowing any better.

As Biscuit had a bemused smirk on her face about the entire situation, Wanda put a hand on Junko's shoulder. "It's alright," She then turned to face Toko. "I understand that we may seem suspicious but, we're looking for a girl named Kyoko. Have you seen her?"

The boy only stared.

@Capri @Dorms

t0EEqdJ.png

Giorno had nothing to say when Elliot and Touma commented on their tour guide's incessant shouting, at least nothing that they could hear (his lips parted in a suggestion of an Italian cuss word). Still, the Joestar turned his attention to the library's only inhabitant when she made herself known. Much like 'Junko,' the girl gave off an unusual air. She looked like she wasn't very comfortable in her own skin - and judging by Touma's subtle reaction, he must have recognized her.

Even more interesting - or, perhaps concerning - was the detail was the two flinging about the word 'ultimate.' Some sort of title tied to their professions? The girl with the glasses was quick to apply it to Honda. What would that make Giorno, then? The Ultimate Gang-Star?

... I kind of like the sound of that, actually. A quiet sigh left him. But this is going to be annoying.

View attachment 7996

"Ahem, no need to get so excited, ladies. This is a library, after all," Giorno finally piped up, slipping between the two students and raising his hands, offering a courteous - if a bit over-professional - grin. He turned to the one with the glasses. "My friends and I are looking for one Kyoko Kirigiri, on behalf of one Makoto Naegi. Though, she obviously isn't in here. Did you happen to see her around, miss...?"

He held a hand in front of himself, politely beckoning the girl to introduce herself.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Space_Candy @Library​

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer had decided that it would be better if he went to the library with the group. He took another sip of his flask. He had never been a fan of kids and while teens were okay, this one was a bit too chipper for him. " Do you know what that term means?" He asked Junko, having a feeling she didn't as he stiffled a laugh.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Space_Candy @Library

Seeing no other solution, Makoto just shrugged his shoulders and told the boy they would get his textbook. As he had said, it was only a short walk to the room, though it was in quite a state when they arrived.

QFjvhvV.jpg

"What...?" Makoto groaned. "Who would do this?"

Barely any of the room was visible for most of it was buried in a giant mountain of clothing. Claire let out a laugh at the sight of it.

"Some kind of prank maybe? But this ill make finding that book next to impossible."

@Capri @Laundry

Junko scoffed at Lucifer. "Uh, yeah, of course I know what it means."

@Lucky

View attachment 8015

"I don't. What's wrong with soy anyway?" Touma murmured toward Junko after she responded to Lucifer, scratching the side of his head. It seemed clear that it was supposed to be an insult, but it seemed, fortunately for him, it flew over his head. "Lots of foods have 'em. And you can get great deals on 'em at the store if you're on a budget like--"

"This is stupid. I'm already over this," the girl grunted, her hands still fidgeting together. She bit her lip slightly as Giorno addressed her, a small yet telltale sign that even being looked at by the gangstar stirred some anxiety within her. She paused for a brief moment, as though taking a second to formulate her response. "I'm... T-Toko Fukawa. N-Not that it matters, I'm s-s-sure you'll forget in no time," the girl replied. Though her voice mellowed out, her stern, narrowed expression remained hardened, as though continuously keeping her guard up for whatever reason.

The girl who introduced herself as Toko briefly raised her thumb to her mouth, anxiously biting her nail as she braved to speak again. "T-Then again, if you're all here for a tour... that must mean y-you're all new here... and that would m-mean I'm your upperclassman! S-So you'd better show me some respect!" She uttered, figuring the group must be new students... the ones that were young enough to look like students, at least.

"You forgot to answer his other question, Toko," a certain female voice said from the side opposite to Toko, where another young woman stood.

View attachment 8016

"I didn't expect so many unfamiliar faces to be looking for me. I assume this is urgent, Junko? I'm a little busy right now, so if you wanted my attention, you have it now," she said in a somewhat standoffish manner, identifying herself as the very Kyoko Kirigiri that they'd been looking for. As Kyoko made her appearance, similar to when he'd seen Toko, Touma shifted slightly, still a bit unnerved at the prospect of not being recognized by her, but managed to keep quiet for the time being all the same.

@Crunch @Jeremi @Space_Candy @Lucky @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back