Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucifer Morningstar

"So, it's going to come down to a fight. We have faced better and worse than him. I think we have to do this to save the multiverse,but if he think Claire is important, we have to protect her at all costs. There is no buts about that. She can't die."

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

"So, you mean to tell us that we're being watched this whole time?" Honda frowned, crossing his arms. "Just what's been going on, anyway? This doesn't seem like it's a simple rescue operation..."

---

"Hey, what are you-" With the door closing in Jianyu's face, she was too stunned to say anything until Jamie ran off, and then she grabbed onto the bars of the cage and began screaming bloody murder. However, she let go as the strange man approached, and immediately stormed right out in the direction of the asshole. "Motherfucker! Just wait until I get my hands on that coward he's gonna WISH he was dealing with tigers!!"

@Atomic Knight

Nathan gave a sad look at Elliot's body, a pit in his stomach dropping at the sight. He turned his head just as Rachel screamed- putting him in a full-blown panic.

"RACHEL!!" He shrieked, running to grab her- but was met with the wall as both her and mirror disappeared. As he slammed into the harsh surface he slid to the floor, fully sobbing at this point.

He had an immense feeling of guilt surge through him as if both Rachel's disappearance and Elliot's death was his fault. His heart broke at the thought, barely noticing the others arrival.

After a few moments, he moved his head up, sniffling as he looked around.

Elliot's body was gone, and Bridgette was also breaking down. Billy and the others were back but were preoccupied with the current situation at hand. He wiped the still streaming tears from his face, putting his head back in his hands.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Lucky @Yun Lee @Ver @Sark @Crunch @Everyone

Claire suddenly felt like something was stuck in her throat. "Uh... Uhh--" She shook her head. "How am I special at all? There's seriously nothing special about me."

Jennifer smiled sadly at her. "That's not true, Claire. You were so important in our fight with the Arch Demon."

Claire wasn't sure how to feel about that comment, so she kept quiet and only stared at Jennifer.

"As for what's really going on," Billy said, looking to Honda, "I think it's best we hold off on that for now, all right?" Billy too was curious what was meant by Claire being important, though he knew the Demiurge had picked certain people for a reason. That info would have to wait, in any case.

Billy gestured for the others to follow and they soon came across another body, this one of Mark Jefferson.

"So much for that," Bridgette said, her voice strained.

By the body stood the killer. It was the cloaked figure that had attacked a few members of the group before. It stood staring at the group.

TXexa8h.png

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Capri

"He's already back in his cage," the man said calmly before Jianyu ran too far. "I'm the one who put him there in the first place, for reasons likely obvious to you now."

He held up the key Jamie had been so eager to get. "Your friends are waiting."

@Yun Lee

Nathan looked up from his hands at the group as they trailed the blood that was left behind from the victims, reluctantly he stood and slowly followed; feeling like there wasn't much for him to do- or even exist for. He still continued to cry silently as he walked, fully out of it to the point that the dead young man's body didn't even register as he passed it.

As the group stumbled across Jefferson's body he could barely feel anything- blankly staring ahead of him. He looked at Bridgette as she spoke- then noticed the man standing by the professor's corpse.

Rage soon filled Nathan, he took his gun out and ran towards them shooting before throwing the weapon down and going in with his fists- simply on rage and pain.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

Claire suddenly felt like something was stuck in her throat. "Uh... Uhh--" She shook her head. "How am I special at all? There's seriously nothing special about me."

Jennifer smiled sadly at her. "That's not true, Claire. You were so important in our fight with the Arch Demon."

Claire wasn't sure how to feel about that comment, so she kept quiet and only stared at Jennifer.

"As for what's really going on," Billy said, looking to Honda, "I think it's best we hold off on that for now, all right?" Billy too was curious what was meant by Claire being important, though he knew the Demiurge had picked certain people for a reason. That info would have to wait, in any case.

Billy gestured for the others to follow and they soon came across another body, this one of Mark Jefferson.

By the body stood the killer. It was the cloaked figure that had attacked a few members of the group before. It stood staring at the group.

TXexa8h.png

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Capri

"He's already back in his cage," the man said calmly before Jianyu ran too far. "I'm the one who put him there in the first place, for reasons likely obvious to you now."

@Yun Lee

As Nathan fired his pistol Wanda would instead attempt to bind the masked figure with the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak to trap them in place. They needed answers and this being certainly had them.

The figure moved in a sudden and awkward manner, making it so Nathan's bullets missed him. Nathan was able to land a punch on the figure, but it reacted with only a minor flinch before plunging its knife into Nathan's shoulder. It could do little more before Wanda had wrapped it up with her magic. It struggled but could not move.

"N-Nathan! You okay? Is... it the masked kid?" Billy asked.

Nathan's face twisted into a further rage as his fist connected with the figure, that anger soon turned into pain as he was stabbed deeply in the shoulder causing him to shriek in pain. He collided with the ground, sobbing as he grabbed his now bleeding wound.

"God damn it!" He squeaked in a half-cry, half-shout. He got back up shakily, charging the figure again now that they were bound.

"Fuck! YOU!" He hissed wailing on them with his fists, clearly overtaken by emotion.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Everyone

View attachment 7894

"Huh--?!"

Touma had mostly found himself staying quiet and letting the others navigate through this strange place, as it seemed they had more expertise and familiarity with this... dark place. Especially as Wanda and Honda seemed recognized around these parts somehow. It was clear that this little detour was not on the Demiurge's agenda, but if this party was against them, did that automatically mean they were with Revan as well? Touma dared not consider the answer to that; it almost seemed scarier if they weren't, but there were enough whataboutisms here to last him a lifetime.

To that end, the exchange between Wanda and Honda, jogging the latter's memories, was not lost on Touma. Just like with Elliot, it seemed they had encountered each other before. A small multiverse, really. But Honda's memories seemed warped, changed. Though the circumstances were likely different, it reminded him of Elliot to that end, and how even across different dimensions, the powers of their bonds managed to pull through in the end. The power of friendship, in a manner of speaking.

But the happy reunion didn't last long, as the group reformed -- along with a bunch of other new faces, which Touma was able to infer well enough perhaps were trapped here like Honda was -- and came the tragic news of Elliot's death. Touma tried his best to understand Billy's explanation of it, about the hope of his actual survival considering the nebulous nature of this place, but first things first, they'd have to apprehend the supposed culprit.

The strange masked figure that now stood before them all.

Touma didn't personally recognize the figure, but he knew well enough to identify an unfriendly face. With the figure quickly ensnared by Wanda's magic, Touma braved to step forward, face scrunched up again with resolve as he dared to try to reach forward and grab the figure roughly by the shoulder, gritting his teeth. "Who the hell are you?! Where's our friends?! You can't escape now!"

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Capri @Space_Candy @Lucky @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @York @Everybody

The figure took the blows as if they were nothing, not saying a word at all. Even as Touma grabbed its shoulder and spoke to it, it barely reacted.

A laugh broke out from somewhere and the figure became crushed by Wanda's grip. The cloak and mask fell to the ground as if no one had been inside.

The laugh focused on a single point as the masked boy from before materialized next to the group. Neon let out a gasp and Shane yelled out an expletive. Usami was shivering.

"I don't like this guy's energy," the rabbit said.

"Were you behind that?!" Billy demanded.

sXMq53t.png

The boy waved the notion off. "I was not, that was just a manifestation of fear and hate. Common in the dark place. Good of you guys to get a taste of it now, considering this is where Revan will be leaving you even in his new reality."

Lucifer Morningstar

" You know, I really don't think that will be happening,"
he replied, not elaborating any further on the matter and looking over at Gentaro.. He wasn't going to attack the masked man just yet. He wanted to see what he was going do first.

@Atomic Knight @Capri @Everyone

The masked boy's weapon appeared in his hand. He shook his head as Gentaro charged at him.

8WWIt2D.png

"And you're the one I even showed how meaningless that is."

The boy swung at a blazing speed and hit Gentaro with enough force to send him flying backward. Shane and Neon similarly tried to get into the brawl but were thrown back as well.

"Motherfucker!" Shane exclaimed.

Spears of magic, conjured by Wanda, went flying at the boy but they seemed to hit some kind of barrier that surrounded him. Wanda suddenly felt an immense pain and fell to her knees.

"I was born in this realm," the boy said. "But I escaped. Don't you understand I have control over this place? While you're here, there is nothing you can do. Nothing. Not even the Demiurge can reach you!"

"You're Vanitas," Claire suddenly said. She was staring at the boy, eyes squinting. "I remember... I remember now. You were there, in a dead version of that world..."

The boy, apparently named Vanitas, lowered his weapon. "So you do remember. Hrm. Doesn't matter."

"Wait!" Billy looked between Claire and Vanitas. "You know who he is, Claire? Maybe that is what makes you important!"

"But..." Claire was not entirely sure if that meant anything at all. "It was during... a time when a group of people were trying to take down a great threat against the multiverse. Jennifer reminded me. We were going from world to world in our efforts. In one world, this boy had taken control. There were those who fought him... but I didn't. I didn't do anything. I don't have any... insight or secrets as to how to beat him."

"As I thought." Vanitas raised his weapon once again. "You're useless, Claire. You're all useless. Your fight has ended."

Lucifer Morningstar

" Now I wouldn't say that was useless information. I would say do nothing strangely might be the helpful piece of advice that you can offer. I might have an idea,"
he replied, taking a deep breath. He wasn't sure if this was going to work on him, but he had done it before on masked figure. All he actually needed with his powers was a name. His eyes would turn its usual red. Clark and Azura would recgonize what he was doing." Vanitas, what do you desire?"

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

GENTARO KISARAGI
@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight

Vanitas's swing didn't pack as much of a punch as Mr. X so he wasn't too injured, but it was enough to knock him on his ass for a solid 10 seconds.

"You two okay?" Gentaro asked Neon and Shane, attempting to help the two get to their feet.

Whether or not they accepted, he then had a realization. Billy said something before, about how Usami was made by the Demiurge, and that she was their ticket out of here.

He whispered into Emily's ear, then Blake's, then Nathan's, then Billy's, and so on and so forth. He made a point of not letting Vanitas hear it, but it was a plan, a plan to get out of here. A simple one.

"Protect the rabbit" was what they all heard him whisper.

As Bridgette turned to face the attacker, they were already gone, though it seemed clear they had fled through one of the curtained dividers as it was fluttering...

@Jeremi

As Emily's stick connected with the knife, the figure's hand flew up and back from the strike. The figure's momentum continued still as its free hand reached out to grab Emily by the hair and throw her to the ground.

The figure used this moment to flee back behind the curtains.

@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @York

Billy held up his hands in a calming manner. "Woah, maybe we should hold off on the shooty bang bang stuff. Though, are you hiding a gun on you or something...?"

Rather suddenly, Jennifer's hand began to be swallowed by the mirror. She screamed and braced her legs in an attempt to pull herself out but she was slowly being consumed. Usami quickly grabbed the girl's leg while Billy tried to chant out a spell.

"I still don't have magic!" he grunted, grabbing on to Jennifer as well. Despite all their strength, she was still slowly being consumed.

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure

Rachel moved her arms to snake them around Nathan's back in order to hold him up. She was watching him intently, assessing him. It took her a second to look around and register Nathan's question.

"I-I didn't see him fall in!" she said, sounding a bit panicked now. "When I pulled you out, it was just you!"

@Space_Candy

"Didn't you hear?" Horne asked, looking at Biscuit. "We sell fun." There was not a bit of humour in his voice.

"People get trapped here. I don't know how... I don't know why. They just do. Some escape eventually, some wander the carnival forever. I have it in my power to release some I believe... but I usually do not." He grimaced. "And whatever you may think of that, this whole world is dangerous. Leaving the carnival does not mean safety, not here. There are countless dangers, countless places to get lost forever. The carnival is one of many, so why bother sending anyone away?"

He cleared his throat. "Don't worry though, I intended to let you all leave as soon as I brought you into my office. Just keep in mind I can not free you back into the true world. The one in the light. I'll even let you take our strong man. He seemed... happy, but I see there are bigger things for him."

He began to stand, but something suddenly occurred to him. "Oh, and your friend who Loyal 'punished.' I will send her along after you in a moment. Once you leave my office, you will be free of this place."

Horne stepped around his desk and made his way for the front door. He opened it, revealing pure darkness instead of the expected view of the carnival.

"It looks scary, but you will be out of here at least."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Carnival
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @York @Gummi Bunnies

“Oi!”

Gentaro chased after the man. He checked to see if his Fourze Driver was still with him, although he had no intention of using it just yet.

“Get back here!”
Gentaro found he still had, though as he chased after the figure, a student jumped out of the curtain and slammed into him.

SP37rlG.jpg

"What do you people think you're doing?!" he demanded. He took one look around, saw the dead student, and let out heavy gasp.

"Monsters... Fiends! By the power granted to me by the faculty, I am putting you three under arrest!"

The pool water was crisp and clear. It would be easy to see someone under the water, or at least anything at all, but Nathan could see nothing. There was no sign of Elliot in the water.

@Space_Candy

Bridgette rushed forward in an attempt to catch her attacker. She threw the curtain aside and stepped forward, only to realize there was someone on the ground. As Bridgette craned her head to the floor, she was met with a horrible, grim sight.

Elliot's dead body. Blood stained his clothing, coming from a wound on his neck.

@Jeremi
GENTARO KISARAGI

Gentaro slammed onto the ground as the student barreled into him.

Well... this doesn’t look good.

“W-we can explain!” Gentaro said, holding up his hands, hoping that Emily or Blake can help dissolve the situation.​
The student stared at the three of them. "Can you now? Far as I can tell, you three are murderous fiends..."

More screams rang out across the party, causing the boy to look around. "What in the world...?"

"No, no, no...!" Billy cried as Jennifer, himself, and Usami were pulled into the mirror. A dark energy rushed out of the mirror and suddenly pulled the others in as well...

The group was ejected into a dark void. The mirror stood behind them, reflecting their forms, but in the glass it seemed they could see the dim gymnasium they had just been in.

In the void stood a female some distance away. Billy peered at the figure. "Is that...?"

Rachel hesitantly hugged Nathan back, though mostly out of confusion more than anything. "I-I... don't really know what's going on, Nathan." She pulled away so that she could look the young man in the eyes. "I'm here for you. I feel... I don't know, I feel strange. I feel like I shouldn't let you out of my sight."

She stood up with him and followed him in his search. Perhaps this world knew just what he was looking for as it was not long before the pair came upon Bridgette standing over a body.

@Space_Candy @Jeremi
GENTARO KISARAGI

“Yes,”
Gentaro said, “We arrived at the party, looking to have a good time. I saw some movement from behind this curtain, like someone was moving it, and when I opened it... I saw the body...”

He left the masked man out of the story, hoping Emily or Blake could explain that stuff better.

The screams echoed around the gymnasium. He subtly put his hand over his Fourze Driver, just in case it was a monster, although he didn’t move away from the student.​
Blake found himself too wrapped up in his thoughts that the encounter with the masked attacker had appeared and gone just like that. Next thing they knew, the student from earlier since Blake got here, Horatio, arrives to the scene to tackle Gentaro and accuse them of being the cause of the late student's demise.

❝ Well, can you prove your point? At least from my point of view, you happened to "catch" us conveniently after we stumbled onto the scene. And I take it that despite having a good eye on us, you have no eyewitness account of a masked figure. ❞ Blake figured to play the good ol' switcheroo, flipping the question around. He wasn't too confident but it was better than letting the accusations fly.

Then came the spread out screams around them.

❝ That doesn't sound too great... want to wager that the actual dangerous threat is already targeting other people at this party? Because I don't know how us being the murderers makes any sense here. ❞

@Atomic Knight @Capri @York
"That doesn't prove anything!" the boy exclaimed, pointing a finger at Gentaro. He then narrowed his eyes on Blake.

"Hrm, you three could have left a murderous spree in your wake, which the other party-goers are just discovering!"

A shrill scream caused him to look away. He grumbled and started making his way toward the noise.

"You three better not move!"

The door to the office closed behind the group and all that awaited them was the void.

It was not an uncomfortable space to be in. The atmosphere carried an air of waiting... of being in limbo. Three figures eventually formed in the darkness. One of them, a man, looked confused on the ground, while another--

ZTjwhq7.jpg

"Of course, it's that crazy bitch again," said one of the men, looking at Wanda.

"Shane, that's not very nice," a girl with bright orange hair beside him said.

The man named Shane crossed his arms. "Do you know how damn long we've been stuck here?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark
sx0abb7.jpg

❝ Alright, whatever you say then. If we go with that, who's to say that it was more than just the three of us? Furthermore, is it really wise for you to go alone? It could be a trap. ❞ Well, that didn't go as he thought, so Blake decided to question the premise that they were the murderers responsible, testing how far Horatio was going to go with this. Despite being told not to move, Blake took a single slow step forward.

As Blake stepped forward to follow the boy, it would not be long before he was out of sight, apparently moving too fast.

Rachel stood in complete shock, hands balled into fists. Her eyes had gone bug-eyed as she stared first at the dead body before her, then at both Nathan and Bridgette. She tried to work her mouth but couldn't seem to find words.

"I... don't know anything. I don't know anything at all. I-I..."

There was a flutter behind the curtain nearest the trio.

@Space_Candy @Jeremi

"You're telling me," Shane grumbled.

K9rjMWY.png

"We've been through way too much to continue being like this," the girl said. Wanda and Edmond would at least recognize her as Neon Katt.

"That fuckin' rabbit doesn't seem to think we're in a condition to leave," Shane said. He gestured to the guy standing in a catatonic state. Stan Larsen. "Well, maybe this guy."

Neon shrugged. "Yeah, I don't know about escaping... didn't work out for us last time, huh?"

"Or the time after," Shane said, practically growling.

Neon furrowed her brows at Shane. "Um, well... oh!" She pointed at Honda. "You got lost, didn't you? You should find Ruby and Usami! I think maybe if Wanda concentrates, she'll be able to find them."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark
Billy nodded, leading the way into the void. It wasn't long before they came to the figure, finding none other than Claire Redfield.

Billy's jaw went wide. "Claire! We found you!"

Billy's voice seemed to knock the woman out of her reverie and she turned to the group.

Ywxn7pw.png

"Oh... hey." She shook her head as if trying to clear it. "What's going on? Where are we?"

"Umm..." Billy looked at the others for a moment. "We're stuck in a dark reality. Revan's nightmare goonies tried to trap us here. You got separated from us, and I suppose... this is where you've been."

Lucifer Morningstar

" Well at least something good came out of being seperated from the group. I hope that nothing bad happened while we were missing. Parties always seem to have this thing where either someone dies, someone gets wasted, someone gets arrested or somebody sleeps with someone they weren't planning too. "

@York @Atomic Knight @mintyy @Alex Azure
Jennifer hugged herself. "Claire Redfield, right..."

Billy wanted to disagree with Lucifer, but really the man was right.

"Question is, why did the mirror take us to you?" Billy asked. "Perhaps it just knew. I recall the real mirror doing similarly..."

"The mirror?" Claire said.

Billy nodded and led them back to the mirror, where the gym could be seen beyond the glass. Claire peered at it curiously. "Ugh... okay. More weird multiverse stuff. Got it. Who are the people on the other side though?"

Billy looked closely, thinking he could make out at least three blurred forms.

Well, that worked out as expected. Blake shook his head, turning towards Emily and Gentaro.

ten9lva.jpg

❝ So uh, any ideas on what to do now? ❞

@Atomic Knight @York @Capri
Suddenly, a male cry rang out from the direction the student had disappeared in.

Behind the curtain was a large mirror. The glass seemed tinted to be a bit darker than usual, so the reflections across its surface seemed almost shrouded. The edges of the mirror were made of a black, metallic material. Nothing seemed visually off with the reflections as they accurately showed Nathan, Bridgette, and Rachel.

Rachel suddenly seemed entranced by the mirror and took a shaky step forward. Her breath caught in her throat again as she reached out to touch the glass surface. As she firmly placed her palm against the glass, the images shimmered and changed. The reflections showed a similar, dim party setting, but the three figures in the mirror now were not of Nathan and the others. Instead, two girls and a male could be seen. It was hard to discern who they were, beyond the fact that one had short blonde hair, one had long brown hair, and the male had a short crop of brown hair.

@Space_Candy @Jeremi
"Well it probably wouldn't have been that easy," Neon said a bit quietly, though she was afraid of breaking Wanda's concentration.

Soon, the witch could hear someone crying out, followed by the sound of a distinct male voice that she knew could only be Billy Kaplan.

"Wanda!"

When Wanda next opened her eyes, everything was bright.

As Billy and the others watched the mirror, they watched as one of the figures approached the mirror. Not sure what else to do, Billy approached the mirror and placed his hand on the glass surface to mimic the figure. Unfortunately, it was then that the figure cried out, audible from this side of the mirror, and Billy felt himself being pulled into the mirror.

"Not again!" he yelled. Soon, the mirror was pulling the group into it again, just like before

Elliot's body had not moved, likely to Nathan's dismay.

Suddenly, Rachel screamed. The surface of the mirror shimmered again and began to emit a blinding light. Rachel's scream rose in pitch until it cut off completely.

The light dissipated soon after. Nathan and Bridgette saw that Rachel and the mirror were gone, however, in their place was all of their allies, including a few new faces. All in all, it was only Jianyu, Gentaro, Blake, and Emily who were still missing.

Elliot's body was gone.

KYADTRK.png

Neon Katt looked around. "Woah... is this a party?!" she exclaimed.

Usami bristled at seeing Neon, Shane, and Stan. "You three were supposed to stay behind!"

Dqn7M3f.jpg

"Fuck that," Shane said, looking around. "Where the hell are we? What are we doing?"

vsthTMK.png

"Uh--" A bit flabbergasted, Billy took a moment to gather himself. "We need to find just a few more people, then the Scarlet Witch and I might be able to use Usami's power to get us all out of the Dark Place, even..." Billy turned and smiled at Honda. "... even you guys."

Having just noticed the man, Usami ran over to hug Honda's leg. "Usami is so happy to see you!"

Jv9SjHl.png

Claire genuinely smiled as well upon seeing Honda. "Honestly, so nice to see a familiar face finally." Well, she at least knew who Ruby was, but it was a far cry from what her and Honda had gone through together thanks to Ellis.

The moment was ruined by a male voice screaming somewhere in the maze of curtains. "We seriously need to find them!" Billy said.

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark
❝ Okay, that's something. Something bad. Definitely. C'mon, let's get going now! ❞ Blake exclaimed before running ahead in the direction of the scream. It was fruitless thinking, but he wanted to get there as fast as possible before it got worse.

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @York

Gentaro didn't want to be left alone again unless he wanted another earful from Bridgette, so he simply followed Blake. Hopefully, Emily would follow the two.

"Whatever this is, I hope this is one step closer to finding that Jefferson guy," Gentaro said. He hoped Jefferson held the key out of here, but some of this stuff seemed like a distraction towards getting to Jefferson...​
"Haha! Hey there, everybody! Talk about a reunion, huh?" Honda smiled, overjoyed to be himself once more. "It's been way too long since I've felt like myself!" Though as the scream sounded out, he picked up the little rabbit and put her on his shoulder. "Sounds like trouble up ahead! Let's go!!"

@Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark
"Elliot's dead," Was the first thing that came from Bridgette's mouth at the sight of the others. "He...his body was here a moment ago but now he's gone. I wasn't really sure what to do with it anyway but..."

Wanda came in with a concerned look and place her hand on Bridgette's shoulder. "This place is filled with horror and misdirection. Are you sure it was actually Elli-?"

"No," She shoved Wanda's hand off her shoulder. "Of course I don't know but...he looked and felt real...he was just laying there. Nathan had been separated so. Oh...God." Finally, everything hit her like a truck, and Bridgette slumped to the floor silently sobbing.

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark
Billy paused upon hearing Bridgette's revelation. "Elliot? No way, no..." He closed his eyes, feeling both angry and disappointed. Wanda was right in the sense that dying in this realm did not necessarily mean the end. Billy himself still remembered the pain of Lucas Baker slicing off every digit of his hand, one by one, then finishing Billy off with--

Billy groaned, now was not to think on such horrific stuff.

8FrYFGQ.png

"We just have to hope that it wasn't real or that he'll turn up again," he said. He eyed Ruby, Honda, and the other stragglers they had gathered. "As others might attest, the Dark Place usually has plans for those who die."

Jennifer was shivering, while Neon was trying to comfort Bridgette physically. Claire looked upset, while Shane seemed to be saying nothing out of respect.

"I'm so sorry..." Usami muttered from her perch.

Billy gave a slight nod and signalled for the group to keep moving.

They came across another horrific sight just as Gentaro, Blake, and Emily were from the other side. "Damn it," Billy said, upon recognizing it as the dead body of Horatio.

"At least you three are safe," Claire said.

"There's a blood trail from the body," Shane said.

The door to Jianyu's cage suddenly opened. An older man held it open for her to escape.

N46Vs6j.png

"Come on now," he said.

@Yun Lee
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @mintyy @York @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Space_Candy

Gentaro reeled to a stop in front of Horatio’s body. That boy was merely misguided. He didn’t deserve it.

“Hey...” Gentaro said, although the heavy atmosphere was oppressive to him he tried his best to be amicable, “I see you’ve saved some more people,”
"No one is saved until we're all out of here," Billy said grimly. "We still need to find Jianyu--"

"She should be joining us soon," Wanda said, sounding a bit mysterious.

Billy knew to simply trust the things Wanda said at this point. He examined the blood trail Shane had pointed out for a moment but wasn't sure what to make of it.

"Listen, Blake, Gentaro, Emily... Elliot was apparently found dead. I don't know if we can save him now, but... the plan now is that once we're gathered, I am going to try to use Usami's power to get us all out." He pointed out the rabbit currently sitting on Honda's shoulder. "She is actually a being made from a part of the Demiurge's power. She's our only shot."

"I seriously wish I understood half of that," Claire muttered.

"I get it, yeah, but..." Billy shrugged. "The only issue might be that masked guy who put us here in the first place. I have no doubt he's been watching. Perhaps he's the one who killed this kid and Elliot."

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies

“Oh... speaking of that masked guy, he tried interrogating me, key word tried, as to what we were trying to do, or our goals, or our mission. Obviously, I didn’t tell him anything...”

Gentaro kept it quiet about the Claire comment that the boy said, or the fact that he doesn’t even know what’s happening, but Billy doesn’t need to know that stuff.
"Who cares what you didn't tell him. You don't know anything anyway" Biscuit snapped. "But what did he tell you? Did he pick you because he knew you'd forget it?" Biscuit huffed putting her hands on her hip. "Spit it out, or instead of words I'll have you spit out some of your teeth."

@Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies
GENTARO KISARAGI

“Alright!”
Gentaro said, putting his hands up, “He said... he said something along the lines of ‘you needed Claire more than you realized’. I have no clue if that means anything, but... Claire’s here now,”
Nathan gave a sad look at Elliot's body, a pit in his stomach dropping at the sight. He turned his head just as Rachel screamed- putting him in a full-blown panic.

"RACHEL!!" He shrieked, running to grab her- but was met with the wall as both her and mirror disappeared. As he slammed into the harsh surface he slid to the floor, fully sobbing at this point.

He had an immense feeling of guilt surge through him as if both Rachel's disappearance and Elliot's death was his fault. His heart broke at the thought, barely noticing the others arrival.

After a few moments, he moved his head up, sniffling as he looked around.

Elliot's body was gone, and Bridgette was also breaking down. Billy and the others were back but were preoccupied with the current situation at hand. He wiped the still streaming tears from his face, putting his head back in his hands.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Lucky @Yun Lee @Ver @Sark @Crunch @Everyone

TXexa8h.png

@Yun Lee
The figure took the blows as if they were nothing, not saying a word at all. Even as Touma grabbed its shoulder and spoke to it, it barely reacted.

A laugh broke out from somewhere and the figure became crushed by Wanda's grip. The cloak and mask fell to the ground as if no one had been inside.

The laugh focused on a single point as the masked boy from before materialized next to the group. Neon let out a gasp and Shane yelled out an expletive. Usami was shivering.

"I don't like this guy's energy," the rabbit said.

"Were you behind that?!" Billy demanded.

sXMq53t.png

The boy waved the notion off. "I was not, that was just a manifestation of fear and hate. Common in the dark place. Good of you guys to get a taste of it now, considering this is where Revan will be leaving you even in his new reality."

The masked boy's weapon appeared in his hand. He shook his head as Gentaro charged at him.

8WWIt2D.png

"And you're the one I even showed how meaningless that is."

The boy swung at a blazing speed and hit Gentaro with enough force to send him flying backward. Shane and Neon similarly tried to get into the brawl but were thrown back as well.

"Motherfucker!" Shane exclaimed.

Spears of magic, conjured by Wanda, went flying at the boy but they seemed to hit some kind of barrier that surrounded him. Wanda suddenly felt an immense pain and fell to her knees.

"I was born in this realm," the boy said. "But I escaped. Don't you understand I have control over this place? While you're here, there is nothing you can do. Nothing. Not even the Demiurge can reach you!"

"You're Vanitas," Claire suddenly said. She was staring at the boy, eyes squinting. "I remember... I remember now. You were there, in a dead version of that world..."

The boy, apparently named Vanitas, lowered his weapon. "So you do remember. Hrm. Doesn't matter."

"Wait!" Billy looked between Claire and Vanitas. "You know who he is, Claire? Maybe that is what makes you important!"

"But..." Claire was not entirely sure if that meant anything at all. "It was during... a time when a group of people were trying to take down a great threat against the multiverse. Jennifer reminded me. We were going from world to world in our efforts. In one world, this boy had taken control. There were those who fought him... but I didn't. I didn't do anything. I don't have any... insight or secrets as to how to beat him."

"As I thought." Vanitas raised his weapon once again. "You're useless, Claire. You're all useless. Your fight has ended."

Emily Hayes
@Atomic Knight @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Others?

Emily had followed Blake and Gentaro, desperately seeking out the killer amidst the school, trying her best to keep her mind clear and her guard up. But as the bodies amounted, Elliot even being amongst the casualties, something began to dawn on her. The thought niggling at the back of her head, until an all too familiar laugh could be heard, echoeing behind them.

Turning to see the very boy that had cast them into this dark place in the first place.

The attacks sent against him seemed useless, but even so, Emily was not going to stand by and let them be trapped in this place. Gentaro's quiet whisper, reminding her to protect the Rabbit resulted in little more than a nod from her, as she gathered all the magical energy she possibly could in her body.

It was just like when they rescued Claire, only this time... Emily was slowly beginning to understand how to control this power.

bVX9XGq.png

"No matter how desperate things look, or how dire the situation might be... There's one thing I've always Vanitas; with my friends by my side... I can do anything!" She shouted.

And with that, her eyes opened, as that familiar, fiery aura manifested around her body. But like that battle with Larxene, Emily managed to prevent her own body from being enveloped. Instead, it became a kind of latent energy, stored in her body, and unleashed on her own will.

Though she knew full well what kind of toll this might take on her body, she didn't care.

No matter what, she was going to make sure they escaped this place, and brought Elliot with them. She wouldn't let all these efforts be in vain!

With that in mind, she sent forth a concentrated wave of burning, fiery magic aimed right at Vanitas! Though unlike the attack against Larxene, she used a much larger burst of this magic, manipulating it to wrap around Vanitas, hoping to constrict him, and whatever barrier he might put up.

Whether or not she herself was succesfull didn't matter.

Just as long as she could protect the Rabbit long enough for them to survive this.

Ruby Rose
@Atomic Knight @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Others?

"Um... Kinda? I've always had my crescent rose with me! I just... Forgot during that tea party!" Ruby said, laughing a little nervously as she realized how silly it probably sounded.

Nonetheless, she would be pulled into the mirror alongside the others, letting out a startled yelp at first, until she saw an all too familiar face through the void. Following Billy closely, she smiled, soon realizing who it was.

"Claiiire!!!! And... Neon Katt!!! Honda!!! Shaaane!!! I'm so glad you made it!!!"

It wasn't long after that she reunited with the others, only to find the body of Mark Jefferson.

There was this twinge in her chest, remembering all too well the tragic deaths that had occurred in the previous times she had been pulled from her own world. Even she had died... Twice now.

But it wasn't long before the true reason they were trapped here revealed itself, or at least... Himself.

Vanitas.

He had somehow embedded itself into the dark place, and thus, gained control of it... But seeing the valiant efforts of the others, Ruby wasn't willing to stand idly by and just watch.

Instead, she took out her crescent rose, transforming it into a strange looking sniper rifle of sorts, unfolding from its once compact form.

1dmZ3pE.png

"Hyaaaaagh! Take this!!!" She shouted, firing shot after shot towards Vanitas, each one packed to the brim with some kind of magical explosive.

Those who had seen Ruby fight before knew for sure that this was merely the beginning... And it was likely that once Emily's magic would dissipate, she herself would be getting up close and personal to Vanitas.​

Vanitas laughed and swung his weapon through the air, catching Emily and Ruby's onslaught of attacks in some kind of field around the weapon as if it was a net. He directed the energies to fly at the centre of the group, causing a great explosion and sending Usami flying off of Honda's shoulder.

Billy managed to catch the rabbit, realizing what Gentaro was getting at. It seemed a logical thought process, but while Billy believed Usami held enough power to get them to escape, was it really enough for a being of these place? After all, from what Billy had seen of any being born from the dark place, it took an incredible amount of power to do away with them for good.

Vanitas seemed to catch on as well. He barked out a laugh. "That rabbit, you think she's going to do any good for you? As if I'd let you try and escape while I'm here to stop you. Believe me, nothing she could provide you can stop me. I'll even let you in on a little joke." He pointed to Claire. "We figured it out soon enough, even if none of you did. The Demiurge needed Claire to get a certain woman out of her loop... one that might have spelled a problem for me."

Claire's eyes went wide. "A-Aqua...?"

"But you're here now, under my thumb. There's no getting her and no getting out of here!"

He raised his hands in the air and the entire gym began to shake. "What do I desire? Your deaths!"

Claire took a staggered step away from the boy. Tendrils of darkness were rising from the ground and curling around the group's feet. A few members of the group were even being pulled into the ground as if it was not solid at all. Usami was crying out, upset that she could not stop this horrific nightmare.

Claire could barely think at all.

Wanda's arms were bound behind her by darkness and she was already in the ground up to her knees. She struggled against the darkness. "Claire...!" she managed to yell. "If your friend can stop this boy--!" Darkness whipped around Wanda and covered her mouth so that she could not speak.

"Your friend isn't as lost as he thinks!" Billy yelled, continuing Wanda's exclamation. He was resisting as well, pushing against the ground as the darkness pulled at his feet. "In the dark place, memories become reality. Usami herself was made from memories. Your friend and all that she is... all her power, you can bring that forth!"

Claire's eyes had become glued to Billy. She knew little of this "dark place" and what could happen here. What Billy was saying was complete nonsense to her.

flZ8RS0.png

"I don't know what you mean!" Claire exclaimed. She felt darkness start to worm itself around her waist. "Aqua is the strong one... Her heart, her will, her power, it's nothing I can compare to! Someone like me... could never bring forth her strength!"

"That's where you're wrong!"

Touma's words toward Claire suddenly cut through the air like a hot knife through butter, followed by the high-pitched shrieking sound that came every time the power of his Imagine Breaker came to use. As the dark tendrils had attempted to ensnare him and pull him into the ground like with everyone else, the boy was able to repeal the dark efforts to trap him, though only for the moment.

1595996863286.png

"People's hearts don't exist in a vacuum! From the moment they're born into the world, they're impacted and nurtured by the bonds they make with others!"

He didn't entirely understand how the whole of this Dark Place worked, but that was nothing new to him. Even after all his experiences with magic in his own world, even that was something that eluded his full understanding, yet it never stopped him from doing what he felt was necessary. His mind didn't understand the puzzle that only his heart was able to piece together; it was clear that the same principle applied here, and Claire could use the pep talk.

Clenching his fist tightly, attempting to wade through the dark magic attempting to envelop him and everyone else, Touma continued reaching out to Claire with his words.

1595996852727.png

"I don't know anything about this Aqua person or what she means to you, but... I've met enough people, seen the things they've seen and the bonds they made, to know that strength and willpower doesn't come from itself! You're stronger than you realize, Claire! And Aqua must have thought the same, I'll bet! That it was you who made her strong!" He exclaimed, yelling passionately as he oft did when the moment counted.

"No matter where Aqua is, in the whole wide multiverse, there's always a part of her that's always with you! A part that stays with you and only you! And the same goes for her carrying a piece of you wherever she goes too, don't you think?!" Touma went on. He may not have known much, but it was clear that Claire had a connection to this Aqua that transcended dimensions. Whole worlds could not separate what they had together. Just like Elliot and Nathan. Just like Honda and Wanda.

Surely, this was exactly the kind of power that could overcome the influence of the Dark Place.

"All you have to do is believe, not just in Aqua, but yourself too! Believe in her, not because you trust her, but because she trusts you! If this Dark Place can really make memories into reality, all we need to do is give it a taste of its own medicine! Let this bastard here know what's what and show him the power of Aqua's memory!"

Frantically, yet burning with resolve, Touma was hit with a realization that then prompted him to turn toward Bridgette and Nathan next. "Same goes for you two! You guys were the closest to Elliot, right?! If the darkness is just gonna decide to take him away from you on a whim, to reduce him into a memory, then let's use its own rules against itself and turn that memory of Elliot back into reality! We can still bring him back! We just have to decide it so! It's not enough to wish Elliot would come back! We're going to decide that Elliot will come back!"

People are the gods of their own lives, after all. The bizarre and the supernatural had always tried its hardest to encroach upon the normal world, but Touma had always been told that his greatest strength lied within countering this. Demonstrating the power of the normal, everyday world in which everyone was free to love, hate, live, and fight.

Finally, he turned to Vanitas again, clenching his fist with fiery determination.

"You might think you have the upper hand, bastard, but you have one thing confused! We're not trapped in here with you! You're trapped in here with us!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back