Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan winced as he was pulled out, his ribs impacting the side of the pool in the process.

He opened his bleary eyes to see Rachel, a bit of relief washing over him as she came into view. The moment passed in mere seconds for he started coughing up large amounts of water. It was cold and warm at the same time- both painful and nauseating. He attempted to sit up, which proved difficult as he fell back down almost immediately. He looked to his right only to realize the other man wasn't by his side, causing panic to set in.

"R-Rachel, where's Elliot?" His voice came out hoarse and broken, only able to speak for a moment before coughing again.

@Atomic Knight

As Bridgette turned to face the attacker, they were already gone, though it seemed clear they had fled through one of the curtained dividers as it was fluttering...

@Jeremi

As Emily's stick connected with the knife, the figure's hand flew up and back from the strike. The figure's momentum continued still as its free hand reached out to grab Emily by the hair and throw her to the ground.

The figure used this moment to flee back behind the curtains.

@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @York

Billy held up his hands in a calming manner. "Woah, maybe we should hold off on the shooty bang bang stuff. Though, are you hiding a gun on you or something...?"

Rather suddenly, Jennifer's hand began to be swallowed by the mirror. She screamed and braced her legs in an attempt to pull herself out but she was slowly being consumed. Usami quickly grabbed the girl's leg while Billy tried to chant out a spell.

"I still don't have magic!" he grunted, grabbing on to Jennifer as well. Despite all their strength, she was still slowly being consumed.

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure

Rachel moved her arms to snake them around Nathan's back in order to hold him up. She was watching him intently, assessing him. It took her a second to look around and register Nathan's question.

"I-I didn't see him fall in!" she said, sounding a bit panicked now. "When I pulled you out, it was just you!"

@Space_Candy

"Didn't you hear?" Horne asked, looking at Biscuit. "We sell fun." There was not a bit of humour in his voice.

"People get trapped here. I don't know how... I don't know why. They just do. Some escape eventually, some wander the carnival forever. I have it in my power to release some I believe... but I usually do not." He grimaced. "And whatever you may think of that, this whole world is dangerous. Leaving the carnival does not mean safety, not here. There are countless dangers, countless places to get lost forever. The carnival is one of many, so why bother sending anyone away?"

He cleared his throat. "Don't worry though, I intended to let you all leave as soon as I brought you into my office. Just keep in mind I can not free you back into the true world. The one in the light. I'll even let you take our strong man. He seemed... happy, but I see there are bigger things for him."

He began to stand, but something suddenly occurred to him. "Oh, and your friend who Loyal 'punished.' I will send her along after you in a moment. Once you leave my office, you will be free of this place."

Horne stepped around his desk and made his way for the front door. He opened it, revealing pure darkness instead of the expected view of the carnival.

"It looks scary, but you will be out of here at least."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Carnival

Nathan shot up to Rachel's response, ignoring the protest of his body. He pathetically attempted to crawl back to the side of the pool in hopes of finding Elliot. Tears pricked at his eyes as he had the sinking feeling that he had already known Elliot's fate. As he reached the edge, he stared into the glow-stick filled water, his eyes flickering around frantically in an attempt to locate the other man.

@Atomic Knight

Gentaro found he still had, though as he chased after the figure, a student jumped out of the curtain and slammed into him.

SP37rlG.jpg

"What do you people think you're doing?!" he demanded. He took one look around, saw the dead student, and let out heavy gasp.

"Monsters... Fiends! By the power granted to me by the faculty, I am putting you three under arrest!"

The pool water was crisp and clear. It would be easy to see someone under the water, or at least anything at all, but Nathan could see nothing. There was no sign of Elliot in the water.

@Space_Candy

Bridgette rushed forward in an attempt to catch her attacker. She threw the curtain aside and stepped forward, only to realize there was someone on the ground. As Bridgette craned her head to the floor, she was met with a horrible, grim sight.

Elliot's dead body. Blood stained his clothing, coming from a wound on his neck.

@Jeremi

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @York @Gummi Bunnies

Gentaro slammed onto the ground as the student barreled into him.

Well... this doesn’t look good.

“W-we can explain!” Gentaro said, holding up his hands, hoping that Emily or Blake can help dissolve the situation.​

Nathan clambered to his feet frantically upon seeing that Elliot wasn't in the pool, worried that he might have been pulled out and lost somewhere or hurt. He looked around rapidly around him at the groups of people, not hearing anything but the thudding bass of the music.

He quickly moved to Rachel, hugging her tight- not caring if his sopping wet clothes soaked her. He took a moment to look in her eyes, holding her wrists gently.

"I-I have to find him, Rachel, I'm going to look for him," he said breathily, before turning on his heels and searching for Elliot, Bridgette- anyone he knew in the crowd.

@Atomic Knight

The student stared at the three of them. "Can you now? Far as I can tell, you three are murderous fiends..."

More screams rang out across the party, causing the boy to look around. "What in the world...?"

"No, no, no...!" Billy cried as Jennifer, himself, and Usami were pulled into the mirror. A dark energy rushed out of the mirror and suddenly pulled the others in as well...

The group was ejected into a dark void. The mirror stood behind them, reflecting their forms, but in the glass it seemed they could see the dim gymnasium they had just been in.

In the void stood a female some distance away. Billy peered at the figure. "Is that...?"

Rachel hesitantly hugged Nathan back, though mostly out of confusion more than anything. "I-I... don't really know what's going on, Nathan." She pulled away so that she could look the young man in the eyes. "I'm here for you. I feel... I don't know, I feel strange. I feel like I shouldn't let you out of my sight."

She stood up with him and followed him in his search. Perhaps this world knew just what he was looking for as it was not long before the pair came upon Bridgette standing over a body.

@Space_Candy @Jeremi

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @York @Gummi Bunnies

“Yes,”
Gentaro said, “We arrived at the party, looking to have a good time. I saw some movement from behind this curtain, like someone was moving it, and when I opened it... I saw the body...”

He left the masked man out of the story, hoping Emily or Blake could explain that stuff better.

The screams echoed around the gymnasium. He subtly put his hand over his Fourze Driver, just in case it was a monster, although he didn’t move away from the student.​

As Bridgette turned to face the attacker, they were already gone, though it seemed clear they had fled through one of the curtained dividers as it was fluttering...

@Jeremi

As Emily's stick connected with the knife, the figure's hand flew up and back from the strike. The figure's momentum continued still as its free hand reached out to grab Emily by the hair and throw her to the ground.

The figure used this moment to flee back behind the curtains.

Billy held up his hands in a calming manner. "Woah, maybe we should hold off on the shooty bang bang stuff. Though, are you hiding a gun on you or something...?"

Rather suddenly, Jennifer's hand began to be swallowed by the mirror. She screamed and braced her legs in an attempt to pull herself out but she was slowly being consumed. Usami quickly grabbed the girl's leg while Billy tried to chant out a spell.

"I still don't have magic!" he grunted, grabbing on to Jennifer as well. Despite all their strength, she was still slowly being consumed.

Rachel moved her arms to snake them around Nathan's back in order to hold him up. She was watching him intently, assessing him. It took her a second to look around and register Nathan's question.

"I-I didn't see him fall in!" she said, sounding a bit panicked now. "When I pulled you out, it was just you!"

@Space_Candy

"Didn't you hear?" Horne asked, looking at Biscuit. "We sell fun." There was not a bit of humour in his voice.

"People get trapped here. I don't know how... I don't know why. They just do. Some escape eventually, some wander the carnival forever. I have it in my power to release some I believe... but I usually do not." He grimaced. "And whatever you may think of that, this whole world is dangerous. Leaving the carnival does not mean safety, not here. There are countless dangers, countless places to get lost forever. The carnival is one of many, so why bother sending anyone away?"

He cleared his throat. "Don't worry though, I intended to let you all leave as soon as I brought you into my office. Just keep in mind I can not free you back into the true world. The one in the light. I'll even let you take our strong man. He seemed... happy, but I see there are bigger things for him."

He began to stand, but something suddenly occurred to him. "Oh, and your friend who Loyal 'punished.' I will send her along after you in a moment. Once you leave my office, you will be free of this place."

Horne stepped around his desk and made his way for the front door. He opened it, revealing pure darkness instead of the expected view of the carnival.

"It looks scary, but you will be out of here at least."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Carnival

Wanda looked out into the void before turning back towards Horne. "Thank you for the little help you could afford us."

"So we're just going to trust him?" Biscuit eyed the man before looking into the darkness. "Walking blindly into that by just his word doesn't make me want to do it."

"I understand your hesitation but...I believe he can be trusted," Wand sounded confident. "I believe we've been stuck here long enough." Hopefully with the others following Wanda made her way into the darkness.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Carnival

The student stared at the three of them. "Can you now? Far as I can tell, you three are murderous fiends..."

More screams rang out across the party, causing the boy to look around. "What in the world...?"

"No, no, no...!" Billy cried as Jennifer, himself, and Usami were pulled into the mirror. A dark energy rushed out of the mirror and suddenly pulled the others in as well...

The group was ejected into a dark void. The mirror stood behind them, reflecting their forms, but in the glass it seemed they could see the dim gymnasium they had just been in.

In the void stood a female some distance away. Billy peered at the figure. "Is that...?"

Rachel hesitantly hugged Nathan back, though mostly out of confusion more than anything. "I-I... don't really know what's going on, Nathan." She pulled away so that she could look the young man in the eyes. "I'm here for you. I feel... I don't know, I feel strange. I feel like I shouldn't let you out of my sight."

She stood up with him and followed him in his search. Perhaps this world knew just what he was looking for as it was not long before the pair came upon Bridgette standing over a body.

@Space_Candy @Jeremi

This couldn't be happening. Not after everything they had gone through to get here. "Elliot?" It was supposed to be different now...he was supposed to have a normal life! "ELLIOT!" Bridgette fell to her knees clutching unto the body. Was there a pulse? Oh God let there be a pulse. "Elliot, please!" This had to be a trick! She had seen him! He'd been with Nathan an-! Bridgette's eyes widened in shock when she saw Nathan among the crowd.

No...

She cradled Elliot's body quietly. It was supposed to be different...

@Space_Candy

Blake found himself too wrapped up in his thoughts that the encounter with the masked attacker had appeared and gone just like that. Next thing they knew, the student from earlier since Blake got here, Horatio, arrives to the scene to tackle Gentaro and accuse them of being the cause of the late student's demise.

❝ Well, can you prove your point? At least from my point of view, you happened to "catch" us conveniently after we stumbled onto the scene. And I take it that despite having a good eye on us, you have no eyewitness account of a masked figure. ❞ Blake figured to play the good ol' switcheroo, flipping the question around. He wasn't too confident but it was better than letting the accusations fly.

Then came the spread out screams around them.

❝ That doesn't sound too great... want to wager that the actual dangerous threat is already targeting other people at this party? Because I don't know how us being the murderers makes any sense here. ❞

@Atomic Knight @Capri @York

"That doesn't prove anything!" the boy exclaimed, pointing a finger at Gentaro. He then narrowed his eyes on Blake.

"Hrm, you three could have left a murderous spree in your wake, which the other party-goers are just discovering!"

A shrill scream caused him to look away. He grumbled and started making his way toward the noise.

"You three better not move!"

The door to the office closed behind the group and all that awaited them was the void.

It was not an uncomfortable space to be in. The atmosphere carried an air of waiting... of being in limbo. Three figures eventually formed in the darkness. One of them, a man, looked confused on the ground, while another--

ZTjwhq7.jpg

"Of course, it's that crazy bitch again," said one of the men, looking at Wanda.

"Shane, that's not very nice," a girl with bright orange hair beside him said.

The man named Shane crossed his arms. "Do you know how damn long we've been stuck here?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark

sx0abb7.jpg

❝ Alright, whatever you say then. If we go with that, who's to say that it was more than just the three of us? Furthermore, is it really wise for you to go alone? It could be a trap. ❞ Well, that didn't go as he thought, so Blake decided to question the premise that they were the murderers responsible, testing how far Horatio was going to go with this. Despite being told not to move, Blake took a single slow step forward.

@Atomic Knight @Capri @York

Nathan turned to Rachel for a moment, shooting her an empathetic look as she joined him. As they moved further into the crowd there was a sense of panic, students frantically trying to escape the gym as if something awful had happened- putting Nathan at unease. He held onto Rachel's wrist as they continued walking- as to not lose her, soon Nathan recognized a figure, her vest and ponytail identifiable even with her back turned. His heart sunk as his brain registered that there was a body below her, their blood staining the floor. As Bridgette fell to the floor, Nathan's fears were confirmed.

"ELLIOT!"

As he heard Bridgette's scream, an indescribable feeling washed over him- he didn't know if he wanted to scream, cry- or just fall apart. He moved forward in disbelief as Elliot's mother cradled him in her arms. The blood stained his white blouse, his eyes were still open; which made Nathan grimace.

He stifled a whimper as tears filled his eyes, pain searing through him as he knelt beside Bridgette. He reached out and stroked the man's hair, ignoring the blood that got on his hand.

"W-What? Why?" Is the only thing he could mutter, his eyes now trained on the man's knife wound.

@Atomic Knight

Last edited:
Nathan turned to Rachel for a moment, shooting her an empathetic look as she joined him. As they moved further into the crowd there was a sense of panic, students frantically trying to escape the gym as if something awful had happened- putting Nathan at unease. He held onto Rachel's wrist as they continued walking- as to not lose her, soon Nathan recognized a figure, her vest and ponytail identifiable even with her back turned. His heart sunk as his brain registered that there was a body below her, their blood staining the floor. As Bridgette fell to the floor, Nathan's fears were confirmed.

"ELLIOT!"

As he heard Bridgette's scream, an indescribable feeling washed over him- he didn't know if he wanted to scream, cry- or just fall apart. He moved forward in disbelief as Elliot's mother cradled him in her arms. The blood stained his white blouse, his eyes were still open; which made Nathan grimace.

He stifled a whimper as tears filled his eyes, pain searing through him as he knelt beside Bridgette. He reached out and stroked the man's hair, ignoring the blood that got on his hand.

"W-What? Why?" Is the only thing he could mutter, his eyes now trained on the man's knife wound.

@Atomic Knight

"I don't know..." She barely managed to mumble out. "Someone attacked me and I chased after and...oh Nathan." She put her hand around Nathan silently looking down at Elliot.

"I'm going to kill them," Bridgette finally said. "Whoever did this...I'm going to kill them."

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy

Nathan just stared at Elliot's form, still internally in shock- but with a somber look painted on his face. He ignored the droplets coming down his face from his still-soaking hair as they fell on to Elliot's cheeks. He gave Bridgette a sympathetic look as she swore to kill whoever maimed her son, his heart hurting just as much for her.

He moved into Bridgette's touch before putting his head on Elliot's chest, unable to process the sight in front of him. He felt the tears in his eyes spilling over, fully crying now.

"I don't understand."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi

"That doesn't prove anything!" the boy exclaimed, pointing a finger at Gentaro. He then narrowed his eyes on Blake.

"Hrm, you three could have left a murderous spree in your wake, which the other party-goers are just discovering!"

A shrill scream caused him to look away. He grumbled and started making his way toward the noise.

"You three better not move!"

The door to the office closed behind the group and all that awaited them was the void.

It was not an uncomfortable space to be in. The atmosphere carried an air of waiting... of being in limbo. Three figures eventually formed in the darkness. One of them, a man, looked confused on the ground, while another--

ZTjwhq7.jpg

"Of course, it's that crazy bitch again," said one of the men, looking at Wanda.

"Shane, that's not very nice," a girl with bright orange hair beside him said.

The man named Shane crossed his arms. "Do you know how damn long we've been stuck here?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark

"From the sounds of it, you dislike her? I suppose you have some history?" Azura rose a brow as she glanced at Shane then Wanda. She could only assume that they've been waiting here for who knows how long. The very thought made her frown.

"From the sounds of it, you dislike her? I suppose you have some history?" Azura rose a brow as she glanced at Shane then Wanda. She could only assume that they've been waiting here for who knows how long. The very thought made her frown.

Wanda wrinkled her nose at the sight of Shane. "Our history I just that. History, and it's something I don't wish to dwell on. Especially in our current situation." She looked over to the other person with Shane. "I'm sorry that you have been forced to be stuck here with, him." It was obvious who she meant. "But perhaps we can help you escape."

Oh boy, more drama? Biscuit thought to herself. How did Wanda manage to cause this much strife around here?

Nathan just stared at Elliot's form, still internally in shock- but with a somber look painted on his face. He ignored the droplets coming down his face from his still-soaking hair as they fell on to Elliot's cheeks. He gave Bridgette a sympathetic look as she swore to kill whoever maimed her son, his heart hurting just as much for her.

He moved into Bridgette's touch before putting his head on Elliot's chest, unable to process the sight in front of him. He felt the tears in his eyes spilling over, fully crying now.

"I don't understand."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi

Bridgette shook her head. "Neither do I. Nathan, what happened? I thought you two were together? How did you get separated from each other?" No tears had been shed yet but the anguish in her voice was clear. She needed answers. Now.

@Space_Candy

Nathan closed his eyes, the lack of Elliot's heartbeat only made the tears fall more. He heard Bridgette's solemn voice, her questions warranted but, they hurt none the less.

He took a deep inhale, before lifting his head from Elliot's chest- presumably with blood smeared on his cheeks.

"We were together," he started, a sad look on his face.

"We walked towards the VIP area past the pool, and then he jumped after saying something like...uh...lost?" He frowned, this didn't make much sense.

"We started drowning, he pulled me down- so I grabbed him and then I was pulled out the water and..." He put his head in his hands.

"He was gone."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight

Nathan closed his eyes, the lack of Elliot's heartbeat only made the tears fall more. He heard Bridgette's solemn voice, her questions warranted but, they hurt none the less.

He took a deep inhale, before lifting his head from Elliot's chest- presumably with blood smeared on his cheeks.

"We were together," he started, a sad look on his face.

"We walked towards the VIP area past the pool, and then he jumped after saying something like...uh...lost?" He frowned, this didn't make much sense.

"We started drowning, he pulled me down- so I grabbed him and then I was pulled out the water and..." He put his head in his hands.

"He was gone."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight

"That...that doesn't make any sense," Bridgette replied looking down at Elliot's body before finally realizing someone else had tagged along. "And who are you?" Her attention now went fully to Rachel. "Do you know anything about this? Tell me!"

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back