Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan gave a chuckle at Rachel's response to him, still hugging her tightly. Her flannel shirt was soft against his fingers and she always smelt like a mixture of flowers and vanilla, the smell almost intoxicating to anyone, including Nathan. He pulled away from her, catching Elliot's odd look as he did. Nathan went to respond to the other man's question, but like clockwork; Rachel responded.

Nathan watched as Elliot flinched as someone called out to Rachel, noticing how tense he was, a small gasp leaving his mouth as he took the flask from his hands, taking a large gulp. He furrowed his brows as Elliot had an expression of slight- sadness? before he took another gulp.

He felt Elliot's arm on his own, the other man seemed to have tripped as the guy took back his flask. Nathan put a hand on his shoulder, hoping to help his balance. He watched as the other attempted to make small talk with Rachel, his awkwardness amusing for Nathan to watch.

Nathan smirked as Rachel mentioned finding some more drinks, he had forgotten about Jefferson, and he didn't really care at that point. The stress and turmoil of being here made him want to drink, to forget- just like he had done when he attended. He followed Rachel, grabbing Elliot's wrist to pull the man along so he didn't get lost in the swarm of the crowd.

@Atomic Knight @Vortex Club

TOQOLtv.jpg

❝ Yeah... not sure how I got here, but I don't think I can explain it too well. Getting here, that is. ❞ Blake blinked as he scratched the back of his head. It was a given that they would meet back up again, but this chain of events was giving him a headache. ❝ No, doesn't ring a bell to me for the several minutes I've been here. Uh, mind giving me a catch up on why we're looking for someone with that description anyways? ❞

@Atomic Knight @York @Capri

Wanda cracked a genuine smile. Had she finally gotten through to Honda? "Yes! That's right." She walked up close and took his hands into her own. "What else do you remember, Edmond?"

Biscuit wasn't quite sure what was happening here but she wasn't going to stop what seemed to be working. Any other place it would've been quite cute even.

"Jefferson will have to wait," Bridgette replied begrudgingly. "Come on, I think the girls headed this way." She started to head down where she remembered they headed off. Gentaro was going to get a few choice words from her when they found him. If they found him.

@Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @Atomic Knight @School
The boy tilted his head, staring at Gentaro.

"Okay."

Suddenly, a horrid wind picked up in the void. The boy only stood there as Wanda Maximoff appeared from the darkness. She had a red cloak on that was billowing around her and her eyes glowed a deep red. She seemed to grow in size with every step she took toward Gentaro.

"How dare you!?" she screamed, holding her hands above her. She seemed about to strike... until she suddenly disappeared and the wind stopped.

"Thing is, I don't think you know anything," the boy said. "Get out of my sight."

Gentaro felt himself falling and falling...

As Elliot and the others began to head out, Gentaro appeared before them in a heap on the ground. His leg seemed to be healed now. "Are... you okay?" Elliot asked.

@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @School

Usami seemed to be really sweating now. The others at the table had grown silent and were watching Ruby and waiting.

"It... It shouldn't hurt..." squeaked Usami.

"Usami, I remember when the Demiurge told me... that Ruby and Honda should find you," Billy said, looking at the rabbit. "I knew you would keep them safe best you could. The situation's changed now."

Usami shook slightly. "The... The Dark Place," she stammered, looking unwilling to say anything. "It has changed. When I saw you arrive, I thought... it was all over..."

"Not yet," Billy said, shaking his head. "Reality outside of the Dark Place has been taken over and those responsible want us trapped here. I can't reach the Demiurge now, but Usami... this version of you was made using his power."

He then looked to Ruby. "Maybe we can turn this really bad situation... into something really great. We're here for you, Ruby... and all of you, at this table."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Tea

Jamie moved quickly, though watched Jianyu to make sure she didn't bail on him or something. When he grabbed the key, something seemed to fluctuate in the air and the closest tiger started to resist. It looked at Jamie hungrily and made a sudden leap for him.

@Yun Lee
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Space_Candy @York
@School

"Ghuh!" Gentaro grunted as soon as he fell. The force wasn't enough to re-injure his leg, but it was enough to knock the wind out of him.

"Yeah... I'm not injured anymore..." Gentaro said, standing himself up.

He gave a re-affirming smile to let them know it was alright, accompanied by a thumbs-up.​
Elliot exchanged a glance with Bridgette. "Well..."

He went ahead and explained to Gentaro Nathan's revelation about Mark Jefferson being a predator and him being in jail in Nathan's memories. "We were thinking trying to match what Nathan remembers would be a good start, but we've lost where that guy went.."

@Capri
Nathan wanted to run as far as he could from the situation, but he knew he was the only source of familiarity here. He deeply exhaled before standing to his feet, taking a look around and finding what he was looking for. A vortex club poster, there was a party tonight.

"There's a vortex party tonight, Jefferson will be a chaperone," he used the term 'chaperone' loosely, considering every party there was consisted of mostly drinking under the legal drink age; as well as drugs- which Nathan didn't complain then, for he enjoyed it at the time.

He looked over at the group in front of him, crossing his arms.

"I can get us in, I lead it. Just play it cool and we'll be fine."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Blackwell
Lucifer Morningstar'

" I think it is imperative we help everyone that we can. Usami, if you know that you could help save innocent people, wouldn't you want to help them? While keeping everyone happy is important, isn't it equally important for that happiness to be real? Happiness that is jjust hiding pain isn't true happiness. And right now a lot of people are trapped in unhappy places that need saving. Don't you want to help in that?"

@Atomic Knight @York @Alex Azure @Tea Party people
"That's good," Bridgette replied before slapping Gentaro on the back of his head. "This is the second time you've run off without anyone else!" She pointed a finger right in his face. "If it happens a third time I'll beat you up myself. You got that?"

"You're not going to get embarrassed that I'm going to chaperone, Elliot?"
Her attention was now on Elliot who she was playfully ribbing and poked him on the side. "No drinking or weird stuff. I'll make sure of that."

@Capri @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @York @School
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Space_Candy

Gentaro rubbed the back of his head from Bridgette’s slap. “Owch!” he muttered.

“Alright! I won’t run off... but uh...” he rustled his hair up a little, “Wouldn’t we uh... stand out? Like I get Nathan wouldn’t, but uh...”

He gestured over himself, who looks like a 50s-era delinquent, and Emily, who’s getup Gentaro doesn’t even know how to describe.
Elliot looked around at everyone's get-ups, looking a bit concerned. He considered what Gentaro said. "Well, we all look a little weird, but no one's said anything yet, have they? I think the people here... don't notice if things are off." He then bristled slightly at Bridgette's comment of chaperoning and let out a nervous laugh.

"Um... I've never been to a party. Or drank. Or... weird stuff."

@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @School

"It's all I know how to do," Usami said quietly.

Suddenly, the three at the table who had been silent passed out and the illusion over the tea party disappeared. All of the food and drinks vanished from the table.

Billy let out a heavy sigh. "This probably still won't be easy."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Tea
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Space_Candy @York

"Okay..."
he said.

Truth be told, he was kinda nervous. He put his name on the list with the Vortex Club.

What if they recognize him? What if the group outcasts him again? What if he's left alone and that masked boy reappears? Or something even worse...

All that is shown on his face, but it could just be chalked up due to his recent disappearance.

"I know I wasn't prompted, but when I disappeared, I entered a void. I saw that masked boy who sent us here, and he asked some... weird questions. He wanted to know what our goals are, what we're trying to accomplish. Apparently, this Demiurge guy planned so far ahead that these evil-doers don't know what his goal is."
Nathan scoffed, a smirk painting his face as Elliot admitted his lack of party-culture.

"Of course not," he snickered before throwing an arm over the other man's shoulder, his playful expression dropping as he looked at the others; he knew they looked out of place. He pursed his lips in thought, before remembering Victora's interest in sci-fi among other things.

"Just say you're in manga-nerd club or whatever," he shrugged, zoning out as Gentaro began to speak.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Blackwell
"And it's going to stay that way until you're 40," Bridgette replied firmly to Elliot before smiling. "You can have one beer. One." While this wasn't going to be for pleasure. The poor boy had never been able to live a normal life before. Maybe this could be a good experience for him?

"I hope you didn't tell him any of those goals." Now that firm stare was aimed right at Gentaro. "We're already dealing in an uphill battle. We don't need any more trouble than we already have."

Wanda laughed in shock and surprise as Honda pulled her close. She had gotten through! "No, I'm most definitely just Wanda." She was glad that she had managed to get through to him. "I'm so happy I managed to get through to you."

"So is that it?" Biscuit replied not looking nightly impressed by the show of affection. "If that's it maybe it's time for us to find Jianyu and get the hell out of here."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Crunch @Yun Lee
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @York @Jeremi

“Well, he said it was useless because he doesn’t think I know anything,”
Gentaro said, “The truth is, I actually don’t know. Billy said himself that the Demiurge is just leading him around. There’s a reason why we’re saving you, and Elliot, and Claire, and Wanda, and even us, but he just doesn’t know,”

Gentaro then had a little snippet of what the masked boy said replay in his mind.

“He said something else that was interesting... though... he said something along the lines of ‘you needed Claire more than you realized’... but I don’t know what that means...”
"Well, the Demiurge wanted Claire for a reason, right?" Elliot suggested. "Just like Wanda... just like me. Not that I have any idea what purpose I could serve..." He let out a long sigh.

"So... this party, guess we have to wait until later, huh?"

The world they were in was strange indeed, for as soon as Elliot said this, things around the group began to speed up. Elliot looked around in wonder as the students and faculty moved past them at a rapid speed, looking as if someone hit the fast forward button in real life. It wasn't long before things slowed down and the light coming in from the windowed front doors of the school were dim. Kids were congregating once again, but now lining up at a booth at the end of the hall. A banner overhead read: Vortex Party, tonight in the gymnasium!

"Very strange," Elliot mumbled. The sound of distant music could be heard even from here. The beat made Elliot feel strangely energetic.

A few girls at the booth perked up upon seeing Nathan and one commented on the wounds on his face. When one girl expressed a joke of taking care of him, Elliot felt a pang of annoyance he didn't quite understand. He determined he wasn't used to seeing anyone act like this... this was such an entirely different world from the majority of his alternate selves had ever experienced.

With Nathan's status known to most of the students, he and the others were let in easily enough. The club music was in full blast now, filling up everyone's ears and making it hard to concentrate.

"The energy of this place is unlike anything I've ever experienced!" Elliot exclaimed, making the whole thing sound more profound than it was. The gym was packed with students who congregated in various groups. Black cloths were draped over dividers that separated the gymnasium into specific sections, some for dancing, lounging, or snacking. The layout likely made it easy for certain students to get around the chaperones milling about easily enough.

"Remember, we're looking for that asshole teacher," Bridgette said, but the music seemed to swell around her words, making her hard to hear. Elliot found his eyes drawn to a couple kids passing around a flask. As if entranced, he pulled on Nathan's arm and pointed toward the students.

"What are they doing?" he asked

With the hold on Ruby and the others seemingly gone, Billy stood up and sighed. "Phew," he said. "That was kind of intense."

Usami seemed upset and sad. "I'm really sorry..."

Billy smiled at her. "Look, it's okay. We just need to start on trying to get out of here. The longer we stay, the worse it will be for all of us! I think what is most important is that we try and regroup with the others. Can you sense where they are, Usami? The Scarlet Witch should be relatively easy for you to find... I think."

Usami crossed her little arms together. "Well...! Hmm..." She tilted her head. "Um, I think I've found something, but I'm not sure..."

Suddenly, the world around the group changed. The sky disappeared, the light grew dim, and the air grew dim. Music began to erupt around the group and they found themselves amid a crowd of mostly young adults. Billy let out a gasp.

5N6ZCz9.png

"What...? This atmosphere... is like a cruddy highschool dance!"

"That's because it is," Usami concluded. She shivered slightly. "Some of your friends are here, I know it!"

Billy looked around to see that while Ruby and Jennifer had travelled with them, the others at the tea party had disappeared. "Usami, where did those others go...?"

"They weren't strong enough to come." Usami said, sounding a bit sad. "They're still under my protection, but it's too dangerous to bring them to a place like this!"

J2ZQvaM.png

Jennifer seemed scared by the booming music. She edged closer to Ruby, one hand pressed against her own chest. "This is all... so strange..."

"Hey!"

Billy turned to see a kid looking intensely at him and the others. He was wearing a sash as if he was some kind of person of importance.

Ut3QaL6.jpg

"As the appointed student chaperone of this Vortex Club party, I have the authority to question if you had permission to bring a pet into this event?" The kid pointed at Usami, looking at Billy. "Do you have a leash for that rabbit?"

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @Party
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @mintyy @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

Gentaro peered around the crowded party room. He was rather unnerved. Everything just seemed to... speed up...

“I’m gonna try and look around, see if I can find anything. Any of you wanna come with?” Gentaro said. He clearly wanted to get things over with.​
Nathan was zoned out as the others spoke, their words barely audible to him as he watched the hallway, his eyes widening for a moment as time seemed to just fast forward. As the world sped up, Nathan closed his eyes; throwing his head back slowly as he felt the wind of the sped-up students hit his face. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes again as he heard someone shout his name. He looked ahead to see the Vortex Club entry booth, the familiar faces of female students who waved to him.

He looked at the others, who seemed vaguely entranced by both the fast-forward and the new scene in front of them. He heard Elliot mutter something before he started moving towards the booth, the girls joking about the wounds on his face- which he just gave them a small fake smile before explaining that the others were with him. One of the girls raised a brow, to which Nathan responded with a shrug; knowing that it looked strange, but not caring too much.

As they entered the gym Nathan's eyes scanned the familiar area, everything appearing the same as when he attended. The lazily hung streamers, the glowsticks that were tossed in the pool, balloons strewn all over the place- most noticeably the pounding music from the DJ booth. It was a song he really enjoyed when he was younger, that- and the heavy amounts of drinking and drugs he did. Which seemed more appealing as each second passed.

As Nathan went to walk over to where Stella kept the beer he felt a hand on his wrist, pulling him slightly. It was Elliot, the other man seemed to have a sense of wonder on his face as he pointed to some non 'VIP' students drinking what Nathan could assume was probably vodka out of a large flask. He sighed before turning his head slightly to reply to Elliot.

"They're drinking, being dumb," he said flatly, dreading each minute they spent here, hoping to drink some of his anxiety off to cope with their predicament.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Vortex Club
The crowd seemed to converge on the group, pushing Bridgette away from the rest of her group. She let out a couple less-than-pleasant words as she found herself lost within the party. Elliot was already trying to pull Nathan away, leaving Gentaro and Emily on their own. They evidently did not hear Gentaro over the swelling music.

Before Gentaro was a maze of students and black dividers. Between them and the pool, the gymnasium seemed like a rather large maze.

"Drinking?" Elliot asked Nathan, earnestly interested. He'd never even tasted alcohol in his life. He could recall other versions of him trying various substances... but it was far from actually experiencing it himself.

His thoughts swirled for a sudden, brief moment. What were they here for again?

"How are they being dumb?" he asked. He was particularly interested in the students drinking. He tried to pull Nathan away from whatever stash he was trying to raid and toward that group. "Hey! What are you drinking?"

A few of the students barely paid him any attention, but once they noticed Nathan was with him, once kid cried out Nathan's name. "Yo, man! Where've you been?!"

Nathan seemed particularly popular, which Elliot found both surprising and amusing.

"Wow, are you okay?" asked a female who almost seemed to materialize from the darkness of the gym. When Elliot turned to look at her, he had to admit she was quite immediately striking.

wYNjGnU.jpg

"Nathan Prescott. What manner of events have you gotten yourself into this time?" The girl had the hint of a smirk on her face, though she did seem particularly concerned with the beating Nathan had apparently taken.

@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York
Nathan rolled his eyes slightly as Elliot further pulled him away from the stash of various drinks, but softened his glare as the other man seemed to just be over-excited.

"It's dumb becau-" Nathan started before Elliot proceeded to yell at the group- cutting him off, which caused him to sink into himself in a mixture of embarrassment and discomfort. One of the guys in the group made a confused scowl at Elliot before cheerfully greeting Nathan himself. He gave a fake smirk and a flat 'hey' before grabbing the flask out of his hands and taking a very large swig, grimacing at the bitter taste and burning in his throat.

It was definitely cheap vodka.

He rubbed his eyes, raking a hand through his hair as he felt the stress in his body. He turned his attention when someone asked if he was okay. As the girl came into view Nathan's eyes lit up.

Rachel Amber.

He gave her a genuine smile, happy to see her. She was always kind to him, and they used to hang out a lot when they were younger. He grinned again when she asked what trouble he was in now, her gentle gaze and smile made something in his heart flutter.

"Does it matter? I'm always in trouble," he said playfully, before hugging her- the only comforting thing he had felt since they got to Blackwell.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Vortex Club
"Boy, you need to get yourself out of trouble, I swear," the girl said. She followed it up with a pleasant laugh.

"Who's this?" Elliot asked stiffly, watching as Nathan happily hugged the girl. It seemed to Elliot that Nathan had suddenly perked up, more than any other moment Elliot could recall of the other young man. Clearly he had been close with this girl, far more than those other two that had accosted him earlier.

"I'm Rachel," the girl said, not sensing Elliot's sudden tension. Or perhaps she was deliberately ignoring it. The people of this dimension certainly didn't seem all there to Elliot. He had to admit though that the girl had a disarming presence.

"Rachel Amber!" one of the boys in the drinking group suddenly exclaimed, causing Elliot to flinch. As that boy moved to give the girl a hug, Elliot suddenly grabbed the flask from Nathan and proceeded to take a large swig. Elliot noticed that despite returning the hug, there was a detachment to it that Rachel had not put into her hug with Nathan. This just made Elliot close his eyes and take a second swig.

He hadn't really registered until the second gulp how gross this stuff was. A sudden burning sensation enveloped his throat and he started to gag, causing one of the drinkers to grab the flask back with a look of annoyance. Elliot stumbled slightly and reached out to hold Nathan's arm so he didn't go sprawling on the floor. Rachel gave him a sympathetic look.

pTNuuum.png

"I've not seen you around before," Rachel said. She gave Nathan a measured look, as if trying to assess his relationship with Elliot. "Are you new?" she asked.

"No..." Elliot said slowly, though he realized saying yes would have been a perfectly acceptable response with no need for a follow-up. Rachel waited for him to say more and Elliot searched his mind quickly for something. "I'm in photography."

"Oh. That's cool."

This seemed to be a good response, as Rachel nodded slightly as if that confirmed something for her. She smiled and absentmindedly ran a hand through her hair. "Listen..." She leaned closer toward Nathan and Elliot. "These guys are just drinking swill. We should hit up someone else."

@Space_Candy
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @York

And with that... they were separated.

Gentaro began to continue outwards into the maze of people, before turning to Emily.

“Coming with?”
svmtuX7.jpg

❝ Tch... don't have the time for this... ❞ Blake grumbled out loud, pressing his palm against his face. They were getting somewhere, but now the setting's changed into a high school dance that honestly felt like a recipe for disaster. Without much else to say, he walked away to further investigate this location for himself. He didn't really have the energy in him to play pretend with whatever was taking place here.

Something tugged at his heart. Almost like a selfish desire to...

The ravenette snapped out of it when he stumbled into Gentaro like a complete idiot. Managing to recover his footing, he took note of what Gentaro and Emily were possibly up to.

❝ Wandering off again? ... then again I was about to wander off on my own too, so I guess we had the same idea. ❞

@Capri @York @Atomic Knight
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @York @Gummi Bunnies

“Agh!”

Gentaro’s conversation with Emily was interjected by Blake.

“Ah! Blake! Didn’t know you were here!”

No, well... not really. Emily and I got ourselves separated from Elliot and the rest. We’re trying to find a guy, slight stubble, glasses, brown hair, you see a guy who matches that appearance around?”
Nathan gave a chuckle at Rachel's response to him, still hugging her tightly. Her flannel shirt was soft against his fingers and she always smelt like a mixture of flowers and vanilla, the smell almost intoxicating to anyone, including Nathan. He pulled away from her, catching Elliot's odd look as he did. Nathan went to respond to the other man's question, but like clockwork; Rachel responded.

Nathan watched as Elliot flinched as someone called out to Rachel, noticing how tense he was, a small gasp leaving his mouth as he took the flask from his hands, taking a large gulp. He furrowed his brows as Elliot had an expression of slight- sadness? before he took another gulp.

He felt Elliot's arm on his own, the other man seemed to have tripped as the guy took back his flask. Nathan put a hand on his shoulder, hoping to help his balance. He watched as the other attempted to make small talk with Rachel, his awkwardness amusing for Nathan to watch.

Nathan smirked as Rachel mentioned finding some more drinks, he had forgotten about Jefferson, and he didn't really care at that point. The stress and turmoil of being here made him want to drink, to forget- just like he had done when he attended. He followed Rachel, grabbing Elliot's wrist to pull the man along so he didn't get lost in the swarm of the crowd.

TOQOLtv.jpg

❝ Yeah... not sure how I got here, but I don't think I can explain it too well. Getting here, that is. ❞ Blake blinked as he scratched the back of his head. It was a given that they would meet back up again, but this chain of events was giving him a headache. ❝ No, doesn't ring a bell to me for the several minutes I've been here. Uh, mind giving me a catch up on why we're looking for someone with that description anyways? ❞

Emily Hayes
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Vortex Club (Stragglers)

There was a visible grimace from Emily at the thought of leaving the Jefferson situation, but she eventually nodded. Fortunately, they found Gentaro easily, and after a brief recap on the situation, they at least knew their next destination; the Vortex Club. It seemed they would be trying to find Mr. Jefferson sooner rather than later, as much as it unsettled her.

On the other hand, she at least wasn't alone when it came to her inexperience with a setting such as a party of this caliber.

"I think we'll be fine. But I think we should stay away from drinks, or food in a place like this. We don't know what it could really be." She said, frowning a little as she remembered the strange dinner they had before they got thrown here.

Not to mention Gentaro's encounter with the man who apparently was responsible for casting them into this 'dark place'. She was not ready to consume anything in an unpredictable world like this unless it was completely necessary.

The whole process of entering the party made Emily just a little clausterphobic; she had never seen a crowd like this before in her life! Except maybe at a few amusement parks, and a couple school assemblies, but either seemed to pale in comparison to just how many people had gathered here.

Not to mention the music. It was loud, that in of itself already made her head ache, but there was something... Wrong with it.

"Stay close! We can't afford to lose each other! Elliot! ... Nathan! ... Bridgette!!!" She cried out desperately.

But it was in vain. That music was drowning out her voice. Was it an accident? Emily suspected otherwise. This wasn't your ordinary high school after all. She had to remember that it was in fact the dark place, even if it was taking on an oddly familiar form.

At least Gentaro was still here, and... Blake! Where did he come from?

Regardless, she was glad to see another familiar face, but her expression soon turned serious remembering that she had at least three others to keep track of in the club, ontop of a Mr. Jefferson to find, wherever he may be.

u3WFIgI.png

"Nathan recognized this place. We were going to look into his memories surrounding Mr. Jefferson, he's one of the teachers here, brown hair, glasses, bit of a beard. But he gave me a look when we spoke last time, creeped me out a bit." She said, shuddering a little as she remembered the details Nathan divulged.

"Nathan knew him. He did some... Bad things to some of his students... He was supposed to be in jail. But we thought we could find him here." She paused again, to put up the hood on her cloak, in hopes of blocking out the music at least partially, that headache of hers wasn't getting any better, and she didn't want to succumb to the same strange influence Elliot and Nathan might have. Though that didn't stop her from getting this strange feeling the more and more she listened to the party's music.

"What worries me is that was just lost Nathan and Elliot, Bridgette too! Something about this place... It gives me a bad feeling. I don't know if it's the music, or this place... But, we should be carefull." She said.

As she spoke with Gentaro and Blake though, she couldn't help but make glances around the place, trying to locate Nathan, Elliot, or Bridgette for that matter. Perhaps even Mr. Jefferson; he was supposed to be the chaperone of this place right? So if anything, he would be the easiest person to find, as much as it creeped her out.

Ruby Rose
@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Party

All it took was Usami's words of uncertainty, and the truth finally began to unravel. Slowly but surely, Ruby's eyes widened in sudden realization and then, she started crying... Quietly at first, and after she started sniffling, it would soon spiral into continuous bawling.

"Jennifer! Mason! Billy! ... Usami... I'm... I'm so sorry!" She shouted.

"I just wanted to be happy! I wanted everytine to be happy! But... I was being selfish, wasn't I? I forgot the promise I made to me mother... To all of you! That I wouldn't stop fighting for what was right! To protect the multiverse!!!"

As the illusion around her faded, so did her dress, as a white light enveloped her body briefly, obscuring all view of her, until it faded... Revealing an all too familiar outfit, and a cloak flowing behind her.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, she tried to smile, biting her lip to try and prevent herself from crying again.

OcLusGg.png

"Thank you... All of you." She said, alot calmer now.

Her hand reached towards her back, where she could feel the familiar outline of the Crescent Rose once more. Clutching it tightly, she nodded, a more determined look on her face.

And now that she was able to comprehend what Billy was saying, she too was ready to leave with the others. Though, remembering what Billy mentioned about the state the Multiverse was in, she had a feeling there was still work in the dark place left to be done. Just... Not where they were right now.

Luckily, Usami would be able to give them a head start, and Ruby felt that all too familiar sensation of being transported across dimensions, closing her eyes as she let herself be taken away to a new location.

Arriving at where they were, Ruby also immediately identified it at a dance. Just... One without hunters or huntresses, and alot darker than she was used to. But it was a dance, right? Nonetheless, she too seemed to get this odd feeling about it, and moved closer to Jennifer.

"Don't worry Jenny! We've got this!" She said, trying her best to remain optimistic.

Even as they were suddenly questioned about Usami being a rabbit. Confused at first, she tilted her head, and spoke, trying to choose her words carefully, even as they tumbled out of her mouth almost uncontrolleably.

kznEJ6r.png

"I don't thiink we have a leash, but we should be fine! She's house trained! See?" She gestured to Usami, giving her a rather apologetic look.

For now, she would have to try and play along with how Usami apparently looked to the native partygoers, as weird as it felt.​

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @York

There was a visible grimace from Emily at the thought of leaving the Jefferson situation, but she eventually nodded. Fortunately, they found Gentaro easily, and after a brief recap on the situation, they at least knew their next destination; the Vortex Club. It seemed they would be trying to find Mr. Jefferson sooner rather than later, as much as it unsettled her.

On the other hand, she at least wasn't alone when it came to her inexperience with a setting such as a party of this caliber.

"I think we'll be fine. But I think we should stay away from drinks, or food in a place like this. We don't know what it could really be." She said, frowning a little as she remembered the strange dinner they had before they got thrown here.

Not to mention Gentaro's encounter with the man who apparently was responsible for casting them into this 'dark place'. She was not ready to consume anything in an unpredictable world like this unless it was completely necessary.

The whole process of entering the party made Emily just a little clausterphobic; she had never seen a crowd like this before in her life! Except maybe at a few amusement parks, and a couple school assemblies, but either seemed to pale in comparison to just how many people had gathered here.

Not to mention the music. It was loud, that in of itself already made her head ache, but there was something... Wrong with it.

"Stay close! We can't afford to lose each other! Elliot! ... Nathan! ... Bridgette!!!" She cried out desperately.

But it was in vain. That music was drowning out her voice. Was it an accident? Emily suspected otherwise. This wasn't your ordinary high school after all. She had to remember that it was in fact the dark place, even if it was taking on an oddly familiar form.

At least Gentaro was still here, and... Blake! Where did he come from?

Regardless, she was glad to see another familiar face, but her expression soon turned serious remembering that she had at least three others to keep track of in the club, ontop of a Mr. Jefferson to find, wherever he may be.

u3WFIgI.png

"Nathan recognized this place. We were going to look into his memories surrounding Mr. Jefferson, he's one of the teachers here, brown hair, glasses, bit of a beard. But he gave me a look when we spoke last time, creeped me out a bit." She said, shuddering a little as she remembered the details Nathan divulged.

"Nathan knew him. He did some... Bad things to some of his students... He was supposed to be in jail. But we thought we could find him here." She paused again, to put up the hood on her cloak, in hopes of blocking out the music at least partially, that headache of hers wasn't getting any better, and she didn't want to succumb to the same strange influence Elliot and Nathan might have. Though that didn't stop her from getting this strange feeling the more and more she listened to the party's music.

"What worries me is that was just lost Nathan and Elliot, Bridgette too! Something about this place... It gives me a bad feeling. I don't know if it's the music, or this place... But, we should be carefull." She said.

As she spoke with Gentaro and Blake though, she couldn't help but make glances around the place, trying to locate Nathan, Elliot, or Bridgette for that matter. Perhaps even Mr. Jefferson; he was supposed to be the chaperone of this place right? So if anything, he would be the easiest person to find, as much as it creeped her out.
Gentaro also butted in to the conversation.

“I know this has nothing to do with the Jefferson situation, but I ended up talking to the masked boy who sent us all here. He said he didn’t know what we’re doing, or why we’re doing it, but it’s harming those bad guys. He also said I ‘needed Claire more than I realize’, and I don’t know what that means...”

He hopes this information is useful to Blake in some capacity, maybe even to the whole group.

Gentaro resolved to tell Billy this information as soon as they reunite.

"Well, the Demiurge wanted Claire for a reason, right?" Elliot suggested. "Just like Wanda... just like me. Not that I have any idea what purpose I could serve..." He let out a long sigh.

"So... this party, guess we have to wait until later, huh?"

The world they were in was strange indeed, for as soon as Elliot said this, things around the group began to speed up. Elliot looked around in wonder as the students and faculty moved past them at a rapid speed, looking as if someone hit the fast forward button in real life. It wasn't long before things slowed down and the light coming in from the windowed front doors of the school were dim. Kids were congregating once again, but now lining up at a booth at the end of the hall. A banner overhead read: Vortex Party, tonight in the gymnasium!

"Very strange," Elliot mumbled. The sound of distant music could be heard even from here. The beat made Elliot feel strangely energetic.

A few girls at the booth perked up upon seeing Nathan and one commented on the wounds on his face. When one girl expressed a joke of taking care of him, Elliot felt a pang of annoyance he didn't quite understand. He determined he wasn't used to seeing anyone act like this... this was such an entirely different world from the majority of his alternate selves had ever experienced.

With Nathan's status known to most of the students, he and the others were let in easily enough. The club music was in full blast now, filling up everyone's ears and making it hard to concentrate.

"The energy of this place is unlike anything I've ever experienced!" Elliot exclaimed, making the whole thing sound more profound than it was. The gym was packed with students who congregated in various groups. Black cloths were draped over dividers that separated the gymnasium into specific sections, some for dancing, lounging, or snacking. The layout likely made it easy for certain students to get around the chaperones milling about easily enough.

"Remember, we're looking for that asshole teacher," Bridgette said, but the music seemed to swell around her words, making her hard to hear. Elliot found his eyes drawn to a couple kids passing around a flask. As if entranced, he pulled on Nathan's arm and pointed toward the students.

"What are they doing?" he asked

With the hold on Ruby and the others seemingly gone, Billy stood up and sighed. "Phew," he said. "That was kind of intense."

Usami seemed upset and sad. "I'm really sorry..."

Billy smiled at her. "Look, it's okay. We just need to start on trying to get out of here. The longer we stay, the worse it will be for all of us! I think what is most important is that we try and regroup with the others. Can you sense where they are, Usami? The Scarlet Witch should be relatively easy for you to find... I think."

Usami crossed her little arms together. "Well...! Hmm..." She tilted her head. "Um, I think I've found something, but I'm not sure..."

Suddenly, the world around the group changed. The sky disappeared, the light grew dim, and the air grew dim. Music began to erupt around the group and they found themselves amid a crowd of mostly young adults. Billy let out a gasp.

5N6ZCz9.png

"What...? This atmosphere... is like a cruddy highschool dance!"

"That's because it is," Usami concluded. She shivered slightly. "Some of your friends are here, I know it!"

Billy looked around to see that while Ruby and Jennifer had travelled with them, the others at the tea party had disappeared. "Usami, where did those others go...?"

"They weren't strong enough to come." Usami said, sounding a bit sad. "They're still under my protection, but it's too dangerous to bring them to a place like this!"

J2ZQvaM.png

Jennifer seemed scared by the booming music. She edged closer to Ruby, one hand pressed against her own chest. "This is all... so strange..."

"Hey!"

Billy turned to see a kid looking intensely at him and the others. He was wearing a sash as if he was some kind of person of importance.

Ut3QaL6.jpg

"As the appointed student chaperone of this Vortex Club party, I have the authority to question if you had permission to bring a pet into this event?" The kid pointed at Usami, looking at Billy. "Do you have a leash for that rabbit?"

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @Party

As Edmond began to come to his senses, the cries of the anonymous audience began to boo and hiss. Their jeers only grew loud and more violent as the exchange continued. It got to the point that it seemed the audience would attack, though the man with cat ears re-entered the tent at that point, putting an end to the hostilities.

CVZjWXO.png

"What do you all think you're doing?!" he screamed. "Do you know how many rules you are breaking?! Interrupting a performance is liable to get someone hurt-- think of the lawsuits! No carny would stand for this kind of behaviour! Besides, do you know how hard it is to find a decent strongman? Way too difficult!!"

The man was seething. "I should obliterate you all on the spot, but I know Monseiur Loyal will want to see you all--" He paused, cocking one of his ears as if hearing something. "Hrm... seems the manager wants to see you instead. Who knows what he'll do with you..."

A sudden compulsion overtook the group and they were forced to follow the man out of the tent. The anonymous audience booed them as they left. The carnival atmosphere outside seemed dulled somehow, as if the group's actions had caused a ripple effect all over. The man continued until he came to a trailer situated a little out of the way from the main tents. He ushered the group inside and stayed outside to brusquely close the door behind them.

The trailer seemed much larger on the inside than it did on the outside. There was a comfortable living room space, with a divider separating it from an office. Past the divider, the group found a man sitting calmly behind a desk. He folded his hands on the desk and carefully examined the group.

S9VBrnA.jpg

"I certainly did not expect to see some of you again," he said.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Carnival

Unfortunately for Jianyu, Jamie had already escaped. She met the locked door of the cage, with Jamie outside sporting a pained expression. "I seriously didn't want to do that," he said to her. "But I need a distraction if I'm going to get out of here. I seriously hope you get out somehow, but not before I'm long gone. See you, kid!"

Jamie then ran.

@Yun Lee

Biscuit blinked at this mysterious manager figure. "Sorry pal, can't say I've ever seen you before."

"But perhaps," Wanda spoke up having a confused look on her face. "I do." She couldn't quite place it. Like a foggy face in the back of her mind.

The crowd seemed to converge on the group, pushing Bridgette away from the rest of her group. She let out a couple less-than-pleasant words as she found herself lost within the party. Elliot was already trying to pull Nathan away, leaving Gentaro and Emily on their own. They evidently did not hear Gentaro over the swelling music.

Before Gentaro was a maze of students and black dividers. Between them and the pool, the gymnasium seemed like a rather large maze.

"Drinking?" Elliot asked Nathan, earnestly interested. He'd never even tasted alcohol in his life. He could recall other versions of him trying various substances... but it was far from actually experiencing it himself.

His thoughts swirled for a sudden, brief moment. What were they here for again?

"How are they being dumb?" he asked. He was particularly interested in the students drinking. He tried to pull Nathan away from whatever stash he was trying to raid and toward that group. "Hey! What are you drinking?"

A few of the students barely paid him any attention, but once they noticed Nathan was with him, once kid cried out Nathan's name. "Yo, man! Where've you been?!"

Nathan seemed particularly popular, which Elliot found both surprising and amusing.

"Wow, are you okay?" asked a female who almost seemed to materialize from the darkness of the gym. When Elliot turned to look at her, he had to admit she was quite immediately striking.

wYNjGnU.jpg

"Nathan Prescott. What manner of events have you gotten yourself into this time?" The girl had the hint of a smirk on her face, though she did seem particularly concerned with the beating Nathan had apparently taken.

Bridgette was shouting every curse in the book as she was pushed away from Elliot and Nathan. She promised to protect them and that's what she was going to do! Though the harder she tried the more they seemed to push against her and finally, she went with the flow letting them push her off. They were together, which meant they could protect each other.

Instead, as she got free from the mob she stopped and looked around. That Jefferson person...maybe it as time for her to have a little chat with him instead.

Usami blinked at the man.

"Um... Eh, what's up doc?"

Billy quickly stepped in between the rabbit and the apparent student supervisor. "See, she's even trained to say funny pop culture references! There's no need to put her on a leash! Mr..."

"Horatio," said the student, one eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"Mr. Horatio, you don't have to worry about us!"

"Hmm." The boy stared for a long moment. "Very well. But if I catch that rabbit in any funny business..."

Horatio started to back up, keeping eye contact with Billy until he disappeared into the crowd. Billy shrugged his shoulders.

"The Dark Place is way too weird..." He turned to the others that remained, finding Jennifer looking at something in the distance. "What's up?" he asked.

The girl seemed unsure. "I think something... is calling to me from that direction."

"Well, okay... Okay, let's check it out. If anyone wants to follow Blake, they can, but we need to be careful. Our allies are apparently here, but this place is seriously messed up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Easter Bunny showed up or something..."

"That sounds scary!" Usami exclaimed.

Billy sighed.

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure

One of the curtains nearby Gentaro shifted, as if someone or something was moving behind it...

@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @York

A dark shadow came up behind Bridgette and slammed into her back, attempting to knock her to the ground.

@Jeremi

Elliot felt as if his head was swimming as Nathan pulled him deeper into the party alongside Rachel. They began moving along the edge of the pool. Elliot found himself looking down, being drawn into the ripples of the water. Someone jumped into the pool from the other side and Elliot felt water droplets lightly splash his face. His mouth dropped open in awe and he began resisting Nathan's pull.

"Lost," he said, feeling himself drift away. He took one wrong step, his foot going into the water. He then proceeded to fall fully into the water. Whether Nathan fell in as well depended on his reaction.

@Space_Candy

Nathan navigated the party with ease, almost losing himself in the music as he moved. He reached out to hold Rachel's hand, something they did often as teens, a sort of comfort thing. He felt currently at ease but was still looking towards the alcohol to drown out the not-so-pleasant details. He was taken out of his thoughts as he felt Elliot stop walking, the man entranced by the glowstick filled pool. Nathan glared as water splashed his face as someone jumped into the water.

"Elliot what are yo-" He started as the other man muttered the word 'lost' before falling into the pool. Nathan gasped in fear as he was being pulled in, he cried out to Rachel for help before plunging into the pool.

The water was freezing, and Nathan shuddered as he sunk further. He was never a strong swimmer, and it showed. Mixed with the panic- he started getting water in his mouth. He still gripped Elliot's wrist in his panicked state.

Nathan was afraid.

As Gentaro pushed the curtain back, he and the others found the body of a male student... dead. A pool of blood was on the floor and it seemed the kid had been stabbed in the chest.

A girl behind Gentaro screamed. "You've killed him!"

Elliot panicked as well, grabbing on to Nathan as the other young man grabbed on to him, basically ensuring that both would sink soon enough. Elliot had touched water a precious few times, but he had never swam fully before. The experience was jolting. Elliot's mind was racing, his thoughts too unfocused for any coherent thought.

"Grab my hand!" came a female voice, likely Rachel's. Nathan could see a hand above the water, obscured by the darkness of the gym.

@Space_Candy

"We certainly never had an actual chat, mind you," the man said. "But I did see you. Back when that... stuffed animal was putting on some kind of murder trials?"

He paused, as if finding the thought distasteful.

"My name is Benjamin Horne. In my time spent in this dark place, I have managed to secure myself as manager of this carnival. It is not the worst fate that could be found here by far. If you're wondering why I brought you to my office, well... let's say it was an interesting feeling to see familiar faces, even if they were hardly even acquaintances. I have not seen friends nor my family... in far too many years to count. Sometimes I feel a presence not unlike my daughter nearby... but no, it si not truly her."

GENTARO KISARAGI

Gentaro stepped back, then two steps back, then fell straight onto his butt.

He’s seen dead bodies before, those of Bane and Larxene and the monsters in Claire’s loop. Those of the illusory allies murdered during his time in the void.

Yet it doesn’t take away the shock.

He couldn’t take his eyes off of the dead boy. His mouth was agape, and tears welled up in his eyes.

At least the others were monsters, or not real in the first place. This was very real, and it happened to an innocent boy.

He couldn’t react to the girl’s accusation, nor did he seem to acknowledge it or even hear it.

He just... sat there... disheartened that this boy’s high school years were taken away from him just like that.

The ravenette only silently acknowledged the tip about the masked boy, allowing Gentaro to go on ahead with checking the curtains. If Claire was needed for something, there's a chance that S-

fV8BMUo.jpg

❝ What the?! ❞ This was the last thing Blake could've thought to be behind the curtains. The fact that he only recently got caught up with a suspicious vibe from someone named Jefferson in this world solely made this place feel all the more dangerous. A sinking feeling that this was only the tip of the iceberg.

Hysteria. That's what was going to happen next, the horrified scream of a girl behind them said it all.

❝ C-Crap, it's not what it looks like! ❞ He blurted out in a messy way to try and explain to the girl, but it wasn't like he knew what even happened here. Calming himself to try and put the pieces together, a single detail dawned on him.

Without hesitation, Blake went to look around the general vicinity of the body for the murder weapon. If he couldn't find that at least... something horribly wrong was going to follow this.

The girl's scream caused a chain reaction of screams as students mostly pushed against each other to run away from the gruesome scene. Many fell away into the darkness of the gymnasium. Distant screams could be heard but it did not appear as if the incident was causing the expected reaction. The music was still blaring and the lights were still dimmed. No faculty came running to check on the situation.

The cries of "murderers" were starting rang out as well. There was a sudden hostile energy in the air.

The murder weapon was lodged in the boy's chest still. A large knife.

GENTARO KISARAGI

Gentaro also butted in to the conversation.

“I know this has nothing to do with the Jefferson situation, but I ended up talking to the masked boy who sent us all here. He said he didn’t know what we’re doing, or why we’re doing it, but it’s harming those bad guys. He also said I ‘needed Claire more than I realize’, and I don’t know what that means...”

He hopes this information is useful to Blake in some capacity, maybe even to the whole group.

Gentaro resolved to tell Billy this information as soon as they reunite.
Biscuit blinked at this mysterious manager figure. "Sorry pal, can't say I've ever seen you before."

"But perhaps," Wanda spoke up having a confused look on her face. "I do." She couldn't quite place it. Like a foggy face in the back of her mind.

Bridgette was shouting every curse in the book as she was pushed away from Elliot and Nathan. She promised to protect them and that's what she was going to do! Though the harder she tried the more they seemed to push against her and finally, she went with the flow letting them push her off. They were together, which meant they could protect each other.

Instead, as she got free from the mob she stopped and looked around. That Jefferson person...maybe it as time for her to have a little chat with him instead.

Billy quickly stepped in between the rabbit and the apparent student supervisor. "See, she's even trained to say funny pop culture references! There's no need to put her on a leash! Mr..."

"Hmm." The boy stared for a long moment. "Very well. But if I catch that rabbit in any funny business..."

Horatio started to back up, keeping eye contact with Billy until he disappeared into the crowd. Billy shrugged his shoulders.

"The Dark Place is way too weird..." He turned to the others that remained, finding Jennifer looking at something in the distance. "What's up?" he asked.

The girl seemed unsure. "I think something... is calling to me from that direction."

"Well, okay... Okay, let's check it out. If anyone wants to follow Blake, they can, but we need to be careful. Our allies are apparently here, but this place is seriously messed up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Easter Bunny showed up or something..."

Billy sighed.

One of the curtains nearby Gentaro shifted, as if someone or something was moving behind it...

A dark shadow came up behind Bridgette and slammed into her back, attempting to knock her to the ground.

@Jeremi

GENTARO KISARAGI

Gentaro saw the movement and signaled Blake and Emily to follow. He pushed the curtain back to check who, or what, was behind it.
As Gentaro pushed the curtain back, he and the others found the body of a male student... dead. A pool of blood was on the floor and it seemed the kid had been stabbed in the chest.

Elliot panicked as well, grabbing on to Nathan as the other young man grabbed on to him, basically ensuring that both would sink soon enough. Elliot had touched water a precious few times, but he had never swam fully before. The experience was jolting. Elliot's mind was racing, his thoughts too unfocused for any coherent thought.

"Grab my hand!" came a female voice, likely Rachel's. Nathan could see a hand above the water, obscured by the darkness of the gym.

@Space_Candy
GENTARO KISARAGI

Gentaro stepped back, then two steps back, then fell straight onto his butt.

He’s seen dead bodies before, those of Bane and Larxene and the monsters in Claire’s loop. Those of the illusory allies murdered during his time in the void.

Yet it doesn’t take away the shock.

He couldn’t take his eyes off of the dead boy. His mouth was agape, and tears welled up in his eyes.

At least the others were monsters, or not real in the first place. This was very real, and it happened to an innocent boy.

He couldn’t react to the girl’s accusation, nor did he seem to acknowledge it or even hear it.

He just... sat there... disheartened that this boy’s high school years were taken away from him just like that.
The ravenette only silently acknowledged the tip about the masked boy, allowing Gentaro to go on ahead with checking the curtains. If Claire was needed for something, there's a chance that S-

fV8BMUo.jpg

❝ What the?! ❞ This was the last thing Blake could've thought to be behind the curtains. The fact that he only recently got caught up with a suspicious vibe from someone named Jefferson in this world solely made this place feel all the more dangerous. A sinking feeling that this was only the tip of the iceberg.

Hysteria. That's what was going to happen next, the horrified scream of a girl behind them said it all.

❝ C-Crap, it's not what it looks like! ❞ He blurted out in a messy way to try and explain to the girl, but it wasn't like he knew what even happened here. Calming himself to try and put the pieces together, a single detail dawned on him.

Without hesitation, Blake went to look around the general vicinity of the body for the murder weapon. If he couldn't find that at least... something horribly wrong was going to follow this.

The girl's scream caused a chain reaction of screams as students mostly pushed against each other to run away from the gruesome scene. Many fell away into the darkness of the gymnasium. Distant screams could be heard but it did not appear as if the incident was causing the expected reaction. The music was still blaring and the lights were still dimmed. No faculty came running to check on the situation.

The cries of "murderers" were starting rang out as well. There was a sudden hostile energy in the air.

The murder weapon was lodged in the boy's chest still. A large knife.

Emily Hayes
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Vortex Club (Body)

Emily had noticed the curtains moving too, and carefully raised her staff, advancing slowly, just falling short of Gentaro. Seeing the body momentarily shocked her, but, remembering the nature of this place, not to mention the death she herself had seen in her youth quickly spurred her back into action. As the girl behind Gentaro yelled out, acusing him of being the killer, Emily spoke up.

yNkDVfn.png

"It wasn't him! We saw something move in that curtain! Whoever it was, we can't let them kill anyone else!" She shouted.

Fake or not, she wasn't about to stand by and let a murderer run freely amongst this place. Otherwise the others here would be in danger, if they weren't already.

Like Blake, her eyes began to comb her surroundings for any sign of where this killer went, and then... The students began disappearing into the darkness. Realizing how badly the situation was deteriorating, she no longer saw any reason to be subtle.

1pu16F1.png

Emily attempted to activate her stone's powers, revealing it from its hiding place as she raised her staff in direct challenge of the rather hostile environment they would be exposed to.

"I won't let this place take us!!!" She shouted.

Ruby Rose
@Atomic Knight @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure

Ruby blinked in return, Usami's response resulting in a muffled giggle as she tried to maintain her composure. She had never heard that phrase before, but for some reason, she found it funny.

Jennifer on the other hand, as she moved and began to be drawn in a direction, Ruby followed, hesitating a little.

JNv4Lmv.png

"Jennifer? I have a bad feeling about this... Maaaybe we should stay with the others?" She said.​

Another nearby curtain, noticeable to Emily's careful eye, seemed to be bulging. The figure behind it seemed to know it was seen and didn't bother waiting for the group to reveal them. They threw aside the curtain to reveal a cloaked figure in a gas mask, their identity completely obscured.

TXexa8h.png

"..."

"No... it's calling me," Jennifer said. "I have to."

Billy nodded and led the way. He moved carefully toward the darkness, eventually coming upon a curtained divider. He looked to Jennifer for confirmation and she nodded. With a deep breath, Billy tossed aside the curtain.

Behind it was a large mirror. The glass seemed tinted to be a bit darker than usual, so the reflections across its surface seemed almost shrouded. The edges of the mirror were made of a black, metallic material. Billy could note nothing weird with the mirror or anything wrong with the group's reflections.

"Huh, something about this mirror seems a bit familiar," he said.

GENTARO KISARAGI

Gentaro, after a minute of looking on in pure horror, realizing he was being accused of being the culprit, and Emily’s defense, seemed to have come to his senses.

He got up and followed Emily’s gaze to see the gas-masked man. Not wanting to make himself look like even more of a target, he didn’t really do much other than signal Blake to look at the man, too.

Lucifer Morningstar

" Well, only one thing left to do when posed with a mirror that doesn't seem to do anything,"
he replied, going over to do the stupid thing and touch his reflection in the mirror to see if something bad happened. He had a feeling it would..... but no real proof.

@Atomic Knight @York @Alex Azure @mintyy

Nathan's vision was getting blurry as water entered his lungs, struggling and fighting to swim to the surface- Elliot's panic dragging them down further into the water. He saw a hand above the water and he knew it was his only chance of survival, his brows furrowed as he attempted to swim to the surface. He grabbed Elliot around the waist, holding him to his chest as he kicked in the water in an attempt to get to the surface.

He knew they were drowning.

He made it close to the hand, desperately reaching out towards it, in hopes that somehow someone would help.

@Atomic Knight

Last edited:
The figure stared for a long moment before suddenly rushing forward. A knife was in its hands instantly and it tried to plunge the weapon into Emily's neck.

The mirror didn't react to Lucifer's touch, though Billy had a sudden epiphany.

FIk4pHc.png

"Oh, you know what? I was wracking my brain trying to think of, like, important magical artifacts from the Avengers archives... this looks a lot like something called the Black Mirror. Doctor Strange owned it once. Could see into other realities and worlds I think... but it was destroyed. But of course, this is the Dark Place, so a version of it could just be here..."

Jennifer stepped forward and delicately placed her hand on the mirror's surface. She shivered. "Why do I feel it calling me?" she asked.

"I wish I knew," Billy said.

"I don't like it," Usami declared.

Nathan felt himself pulled dramatically out of the water. His body was pulled along the hard ground until the pool was a few feet away. Rachel was kneeling next to him, eyes filled with concern.

"Are you okay?" she asked, looking at a loss.

@Space_Candy

Billy sighed.

@Jeremi

Elliot felt as if his head was swimming as Nathan pulled him deeper into the party alongside Rachel. They began moving along the edge of the pool. Elliot found himself looking down, being drawn into the ripples of the water. Someone jumped into the pool from the other side and Elliot felt water droplets lightly splash his face. His mouth dropped open in awe and he began resisting Nathan's pull.

"Lost," he said, feeling himself drift away. He took one wrong step, his foot going into the water. He then proceeded to fall fully into the water. Whether Nathan fell in as well depended on his reaction.

@Space_Candy

Already?! Bridgette took the shove and used the momentum to roll out of the way so that she and whatever did the pushing had some distance between them. She quickly turned to face it, not pulling her gun but was ready to use one of her Vigors to catch her attacker off guard.

@Atomic Knight

@Space_Candy

"We certainly never had an actual chat, mind you," the man said. "But I did see you. Back when that... stuffed animal was putting on some kind of murder trials?"

He paused, as if finding the thought distasteful.

"My name is Benjamin Horne. In my time spent in this dark place, I have managed to secure myself as manager of this carnival. It is not the worst fate that could be found here by far. If you're wondering why I brought you to my office, well... let's say it was an interesting feeling to see familiar faces, even if they were hardly even acquaintances. I have not seen friends nor my family... in far too many years to count. Sometimes I feel a presence not unlike my daughter nearby... but no, it si not truly her."

"What have you guys really been up to in this place?" Biscuit asked incredulously. This was starting to become weirder than it's worth.

Wanda only nodded. Benjamin Horne, huh? "It's a pleasure, I'm Wanda Maximoff. We're on a mission, a crucial mission, to save the multiverse from darkness. Due to that, we have to escape this place, which I know is easier said than done."

Another nearby curtain, noticeable to Emily's careful eye, seemed to be bulging. The figure behind it seemed to know it was seen and didn't bother waiting for the group to reveal them. They threw aside the curtain to reveal a cloaked figure in a gas mask, their identity completely obscured.

TXexa8h.png

"..."

"No... it's calling me," Jennifer said. "I have to."

Billy nodded and led the way. He moved carefully toward the darkness, eventually coming upon a curtained divider. He looked to Jennifer for confirmation and she nodded. With a deep breath, Billy tossed aside the curtain.

Behind it was a large mirror. The glass seemed tinted to be a bit darker than usual, so the reflections across its surface seemed almost shrouded. The edges of the mirror were made of a black, metallic material. Billy could note nothing weird with the mirror or anything wrong with the group's reflections.

"Huh, something about this mirror seems a bit familiar," he said.

GENTARO KISARAGI

Gentaro, after a minute of looking on in pure horror, realizing he was being accused of being the culprit, and Emily’s defense, seemed to have come to his senses.

He got up and followed Emily’s gaze to see the gas-masked man. Not wanting to make himself look like even more of a target, he didn’t really do much other than signal Blake to look at the man, too.
The figure stared for a long moment before suddenly rushing forward. A knife was in its hands instantly and it tried to plunge the weapon into Emily's neck.

The mirror didn't react to Lucifer's touch, though Billy had a sudden epiphany.

FIk4pHc.png

"Oh, you know what? I was wracking my brain trying to think of, like, important magical artifacts from the Avengers archives... this looks a lot like something called the Black Mirror. Doctor Strange owned it once. Could see into other realities and worlds I think... but it was destroyed. But of course, this is the Dark Place, so a version of it could just be here..."

Jennifer stepped forward and delicately placed her hand on the mirror's surface. She shivered. "Why do I feel it calling me?" she asked.

"I wish I knew," Billy said.

"I don't like it," Usami declared.

Nathan felt himself pulled dramatically out of the water. His body was pulled along the hard ground until the pool was a few feet away. Rachel was kneeling next to him, eyes filled with concern.

"Are you okay?" she asked, looking at a loss.

@Space_Candy
Emily Hayes
@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Atomic Knight

Emily breathed a sigh of relief seeing her stone magic apparently work, narrowing her eyes at the strange, masked figure.

"Who are you?!" She asked.

But alas, she had to answer. Instead, the masked figure attacked, lunging for her neck with the dagger.

LzAU5eI.png

"Oh no you don't!" Emily shouted.

And in that split second, Emily would reflexively channel her stone magic through her walking stick, raising it to block the strike as she extended a tendril of magenta light, intending to restrain whoever, or whatever was attacking her.

If it weren't obvious before, it was now; this masked figure was clearly hostile.

But were they someone trapped in this place? Or a manifestation of a creature that resided here?

That she would have to find out the hard way.

Ruby Rose
@Atomic Knight @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure

Unsure of what the curtain Jennifer felt herself being guided to was hiding, Ruby was prepared, her hand on her weapon and ready to draw it at any moment. Only to discover that it was a mirror, specifically a magical artifact that looked alot like the black mirror. If it was supposed to be destroyed, then... There were only two possibilities in Ruby's mind.

euAKMSe.png

"If this thing was destroyed, then... You think it's a fake? Maaaybe I should shoot it?" She said, her grip tightening a little on the crescent rose.

As much as she wanted to blast it away immediately, a little lookover of the mirror wouldn't hurt, just in case it somehow was the real deal, considering the state the Multiverse was apparently in now.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back