Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Amarathia City

"It's not too long a journey - eight days ride or so, maybe nine if we stop at an inn every night rather than camping out." His eyes flicked between the two younger members of the group, as though assessing them in some way more than visually, and after a long moment he gave them a nod. "Maybe you can give me a demonstration of your abilities on the way, to put my mind at ease while we're still in safe lands," he said, grinning. "But if you're sure of yourselves, I'll give you a chance."

His eyes swept across to Tzaan, then. "Good question! As of now, we've only got rumours to go off of. Sightings of void creatures, trouble with attacks on the farms. Common enough, but I've got a feeling they're not just tall tales. Our aim is to get there, investigate the rumours, and resolve any trouble we find."

At Kian's comment, he gave the boy another sympathetic look. Good grief, he was almost painfully adorable. There was another twinge of doubt as to whether he was fit for this work, but Val would let him demonstrate the reality of that. If it came to it, and it turned out he really wasn't suited for the job ... he could sit it out in the inn at Eskandor. "As for a reward? Well, townsfolk tend to appreciate when a group of heroes sweep in and save the day. I wouldn't say it's out of the question that we might get a little compensation thrown our way, but don't plan your next month's food around it."

Abel had completely ignored the repetitive message the criers screamed around the market for the first two hundred and fifty seven times, but on the two hundred and fifty eight, it finally caught his attention. The human looking star decided to ask then, even if it was only to know what they were going on about over and over and ooover again.

Once they asked, they were directed to an inn they remembered from a couple of hours ago, before they actually walked into the market, the Swans Respite. And once they were there, they would have to ask for somebody named Val Tabris.

While walking towards the inn, having decided to actually volunteer for the cause, since it would be something different and less monotone to do, an adventure, even, plus they would be helping out people, and the star would gladly offer help, anytime. Abel wondered if 'Val' was short for some other name. Like Valerie, Val... Valentin...

They were now almost leaving the market.

Valent, ... Valeska, the female form for Valentin, Valentina..

They were now at the inns entrance. It was not disappointing at all, far from it, the Swans Respite looked like a pretty nice place to stay.

They did not come up with any other names that started with Val, maybe it was an actual name, they'd have to ask, but later.

Abel entered the inn, which non surprisingly, was also nice from the inside. They took a moment to look around, eyeing the few couples and small groups sitting at few tables, the nice furniture and athmosphere, luckily far from crowded, that actually made the place seem pretty nice. Then they noticed the poster and tiny group of people, pretty tiny, four, weren' they?. Probably, most likely the ones Abel was looking for.

The star approached them calmly, far from a rush.

"Uhm... excuse me, Val Tabris?. Is it here where we were supposed to come to volunteer for this, task? " Abel asked.

The star had the appareance of a young man with tanned skin and a rich dark brown thst reminded of chocolate, coloured hair. He was not very tall, and was dressed in baggy clothes, also having a bag with him, a traveller perhaps. He looked at the other people present almost nervously, his intense blue eyes quickly darting from here to there as he eyed them and looked at the poster several times to make sure he was not wrong coming here in particular.

"Another young one, eh?" Val eyed Abel for a moment before nodding his head. He supposed it was only natural that a job without a clear reward would be more likely to attract the young and adventurous types of the city than the grizzled mercenaries. "Aye, that's me, and you are indeed in the right place. Welcome to the motley crew, such as it's developing to be." He waved a hand at the assembled group, grinning. "What's your name, kid? And what're you bringing to the table for our void-creature hunting exploits?"

Mere hunting? Tzaan was disappointed. Hunting held no challenge, no skill, and had little benefit for the demon, who didn't eat the meat or wear the skin. With any luck, it would be something worth of his abilities. But now he had committed to it, and it was unlike his species to turn back on their word. At the very least, it would be interesting to learn about these humans. While the one named Val looked young, he clearly had some experience in his field, if what he said was to be believed. The others seemed less prepared, betraying their age. It would be fun to see how they handled themselves, and what other strange mortal customs Tzaan would be introduced to.

"When do we leave?" asked the demon, cutting off the newcomer: he was not a polite creature when he didn't have to be.

Abel smiled back at Val, wanting to turn around and take another look at the demon like being that seemed to be about to acompany them. And so far had been nothing but slightly rude...
" My name is Abel Ikanov, I go by Abel or Abe. " they answered, building up self confidence to explain his abilities to the man, who was in Abels opinion, an interesting sight. " I have the ability to control energy itself to use for self defense, as a weapon, or to give. I am also quite experienced in light and water magic, and have at least basic knowledge when it comes to healing spells and first aid. " they said, having practised the words before, since they had been to other expeditions, never to hunt down beasts, though. " I'm also trained in close combat, and can use weapons of varying rabge, but I don't own anything besides a dagger. " he said, furrowing his brow... If he added a demonstration it would make their presentation better, right?

However, they werent finished, extending his hand to form a white ish blue sphere, which sparkled with vibrant electricity, one of the multiple forms their energy could take. the sphere took the form of a blade, that way it would move better through the air if it was thrown, or carried.
"Also if you don't mind, please, don't call me kid, I am much older than I look "

Spinning around to face Abel, Kian quickly waved at him enthusiastically with the usual grin. Watching his demonstration with awe, he began to mutter something along the lines of, "Wow... That's so cool, I wish I could do that, what if I was older?..."
Slowly reaching out to poke the blue blade, he asked, "Can I touch it-" before pulling back his hand to reach into his own bag, searching.
Pulling an short-sword out of the pack, he handed it to Abel before returning to his chair to continue watching with wide eyes.

Abel chuckled, daw, such an adorable young man!
However, they moved the electric blade away from him.
" You really shouldn' touch it, as it is made out of electricity and you could get electrocuted." the star explained.
"But, you can touch this one" A rather small blue light orb formed from Abels hand, and descended to practically rest on Kians lap while he sat down.
Abel had the blade kian had offered him in his right hand, but did not really know what to do with it exactly, so they looked towards the blade and then Kian again, with a questioning look.

Val raised an eyebrow at Tzaan's interjection, but made no comment on it. Kian appeared to have Abel's attention for the moment, so he turned to answer the djinn. "Tomorrow at dawn, most likely, to give a chance for all-comers to show up. I'm staying here at the Swan, so if you aren't one for small-talk, you're welcome to come back then." He chuckled, shrugging his shoulders. "But it might do you some good to get to know who you'll be travelling with, no?"

With that, he turned back to Abel and Kian, smiling at the pair of them. "Apologies, friend. In a city of Altari I ought to know better than to assume youth, eh?" It was curious that the boy seemed to be human, possessing none of the defining features of the longer-lived races, but he wasn't about to ask for such information so soon after meeting him for the first time. "Well," he nodded towards the blade. "That's certainly quite the list of talents. Welcome aboard, Abel!"

"Woah.."
Silent with amazement, Kian fiddled with the ball, trying to contort it and shape it. Distracted, he said something almost incomprehensible about the sword and how he only had a dagger. At Val's mention of the departure time, he stood up, disappearing into the inn's patrons with the ball before shortly reappearing with a room key nestled in the tie around his ponytail, still staring at the blue ball.
Glancing up before suddenly asking, "Can I get a room her-?"
Blankly staring at the nearby faces before exclaiming, "I've been swindled! The guy took me money and- and didn't gimme a room key."
Evidently, he had been a bit too absorbed with the energy.

Abel clapped once in enthusiasm when Val welcomed them to the team, thanking him with a wide and happy smile, and making sure he would remember the departure time.

The other boy, Kian, walked towards the patron and dissapeared from his sight, so Abel checked on the demonic creature again, rude per nature, they guessed, nothing to blame them for, hopefully, not a complete jerk, those were difficult to deal with.

They heard a curious noise that caught their attention, the keys hanging from the boys ponytail. Daw, Abel cooed at the sight. " no no, nothing further from the truth!, wait, here, let me... just... " he stepped towards Kian, into his personal space to untagle the keys from his ponytail and showing them to him " ta daa! found them! " they laughed softly, amused, as he said these words kn an almost musical tone

Visibly embarrassed, Kian attempted to recover slightly, stuttering, "I- I knew that I just... uhh," before giving up with a light huff, "I'm gonna go buy supplies and I'll see you guys later or in the morning!"
Turning around and marching towards the door, turning around and waving with a jump before disappearing into the marketplace, yelling with an abnormally loud, angry, and accented voice, "OI, Don't pack up that trolley yet! I need wares!"

Amma watched the entire exchange as well as the arrival of the newcomer silently, standing slightly apart from the group to one side of the table, next to Val. When he suggested a demonstration of her skills once they began the journey she inclined her head in agreement- a chance to practice and stretch her magical and physical abilities would be good for her, enjoyable even. And it would be interesting to practice with these others, especially the magic users. She was glad Val had suggested it. She observed each being quietly, taking in their emotions, getting a feel for their energies. If she was to be journeying with this party she wanted to understand them, and understand how they reacted and interacted to each other and their surroundings. And just how she would fit into the group of them. She had yet to remove her hood, and she watched with veiled eyes as the group conversed and gathered information for the journey ahead. She felt herself being assessed in turn- especially by the djinn, Tzaan, who had an air of loftiness about himself. She could tell that he thought her inexperienced, and perhaps, in some cases, she was, but her mentor had been anything but an amateur. And if he had trusted her abilities, then so would she. Every hero had to start somewhere.

The new one, Abel, seemed to possess an interesting skillset. Their magic was elemental, she would guess, a natural power they were born with, unlike her own arcane forms which were long studied and built up overtime. She hoped to be able to compare notes with them later on, not only on their magic but also on their expressed interest in the healing arts. Perhaps they had techniques or herbs from other regions she could add to her catalogue she had been working on after hours in the herbalist's lab.

She tapped Val on the shoulder. "I would like to have a chance to go back to my cottage and collect a few things- charms, extra weapons and clothing and the like- before we set off. Anything I can grab on the way that we might need? Also, will we be taking this journey on foot, or will mounts be required?"

Last edited:
A racket presented itself outside of the inn- wings flapped, something screeched, and a strong voice called out to quell it. Not a minute after the racket ended did a tall, strapping elf walk in. He was identifiable as one of Amarathia's Windriders by the crest on his armor, also as one of the altari.

He swiped his silvery, windblown hair from his face as he scanned the inn. His eyes rested on the group that had coalesced and made their way towards them, his broadsword clinking on his belt. His palm faced the group as he gestured toward them. "Are you the ones traveling to Eskandar?" he asked hastily. "It's very important. My name is Isaiyl Thormaris. I seek to travel there."

"Until then, o' excitable small one," Val called after Kian as he left, chuckling. "Oh boy, keeping that kid from getting himself in trouble through over-enthusiasm might be the death of me..." he remarked to the others with a smirk. "Can't bring myself to tell him no, though."

He turned his attention to Amma as she tapped him on the arm, nodding to her questions. "I can arrange mounts for those that need it, but anyone who can provide their own saves me cash, and thus improves my opinion of them immeasurably. As far as what to bring goes, pack for the journey. We don't need too much in the way of food supplies, or heavy-duty camping gear, since we'll be sticking to the main roads and stopping off at inns along the way rather than roughing it. Anything else? Use your judgement. We don't know exactly what we'll be up against, so pack for the unexpected - but pack lightly enough that we can keep the horses at a good pace."

It was then that the door of the inn swung inwards to admit another new arrival, not long after Kian's departure. Val raised an eyebrow in surprise on seeing the crest of the Windriders - a prestigious military unit within Amarathia. Many were the stories of their prowess, riding griffins into battle and keeping the altari lands safe from the domain of the sky. "Nice to meet you, Isaiyl. Val Tabris. I'd offer you a hand to shake, but I fear you might tear it off in your haste."

He offered the man a reassuring smile. "If you're looking to join up, I'd more than welcome the skill of a Windrider. What's got your feathers ruffled, though, if I may ask? No pun intended."

Amma turned to watch as the elf strode into the tavern, an air of authority and power permeating from his very presence. Her eyes fell to the crest on his armor, her eyebrows raising slightly. A wind rider. Fancy. Having someone as powerful as that on their side would definitely aid the quest. She glanced to where her tattoo stained fingers still clutched her satchel. She sighed. So much for going back to the cottage and gathering extra supplies. This elf seemed in quite a rush. She debated wether or not she should dart out to grab her equipment while she still had a chance, then decided against it. She'd rather hear what the newcomer had to say. Hopefully she'd have time to stop by her cottage on the way out, at least to quickly saddle up her horse.

Abel watched the young man go, amused, and turned their attention to the hooded woman sitting on the table, curious, and waited patiently as she talked. Those were good questions, now that they thought about it...
The start deflated slightly, since they didn't own a mount, and looked at Val sheepishly, about to tell him about it before the door opened once again to reveal... a wind rider!, now that was a surprise, they wondered the reason the other might have to join them, it was an interesting task but Abel did not think it was interesting enough, or clear on its rewards to attract many experts. Maybe they were wrong after all.

The star forgot about telling Val about their lack of a mount for now, focused on the newcomer as they were.

The djinn was growing bored of these pleasantries, this almost meaningless conversation. The fact that somone else walked in would only mean that there would be talking, and Tzaan had no wish to stand around and listen to the newest arrival speak.

"I'll find you tomorrow" he said, turning around and making his way out of the inn without goodbye.

For a moment the elf could have cracked a smile, but the urgency of the situation grasped him. "I have a niece there who's very young. She has no way of protecting herself. I know there are only rumors now, but I can't allow anything to happen to her," said the Windrider. "I'm not asking to leave now. I'd like to know your plans. Forgive... forgive my haste. I only just got the news."

"Easy, friend." Val nodded to Isaiyl. "We're setting off tomorrow at dawn, on horseback. The journey ought take no more than nine days. I understand your haste. If you ride ahead of us, we can meet you there, but I won't lie - someone of your training would be an asset on the road." He glanced in the direction of the door with a soft smile. "I'm a little worried for the wellbeing of one or two of my sign-ups... but it's your choice. From what I know of the rumours, a week is unlikely to cost any lives. But I'm sure you know as well as I that complacency where the void is concerned is ill-advised.

As Tzaan departed, the voidhunter watched him go with a raised eyebrow. "Well, I'm sure travelling with him is going to be delightful," he remarked dryly.

Isaiyl nodded, then took a breath. His shoulders sloped. "Very well. I could travel there easily on my own, but any number unmentionable events could occur. Being in a group will be as good for me as it will for you."

The Windrider glanced behind him at Tzaan's departure, then back to Val with a raised brow. "Unpleasant company?" he inquired.

Back