Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Amarathia City

Abel listened to the men as they talked. " not too unpleasant yet, just... a bit rude, for now, but I'm sure they will warm up to us. Or I hope so. "
The star walked over to the newcomer, Isayil, whose name Abel absolutely loved. It was just so cool!, they wished they had chosen a name as cool as that for themselves when they had the opportunity.

" it's really nice to meet you!, Isayil, I am Abel " they offered with a grin on their face.

Motioning to Val to indicate her departure, Amma headed towards the door of the tavern. She might as well go grab her supplies and ready her horse now. It should only take her about the first half of an hour, then she could be back with the group and ready for the journey. On the walk back to her cottage she thought over the newcomer. She didn't blame his urgency--anyone would be in a hurry if they had heard that a family member or friend was in danger. She hoped they'd be able to combat whatever it was that was threatening his niece. But she couldn't help but wonder- if this elf cared so dearly for this neice, why had he left her alone in the first place? Surely if he had known about her being alone, he would've offered some sort of care or support besides rushing to aid only in immediate emergencies? Having been an orphan herself, Amma could not help but feel a unique compassion and protectiveness for the youngster. But she supposed the elf likely had his reasons- perhaps the girl's family had just recently departed, or maybe she was staying with a friendly family in town that, although kindhearted, possessed no defenses against something as powerful as the void.

Well, whatever it was, Amma resolved to do everything in her power to aid the elf in aiding this child.

Returning from a relatively brief shopping spree, Kian groggily walked past Amma, occasionally rubbing his eyes. Several things poked out of the pack, which was much larger now, including an odd tube, a sack with a potato nearly falling out, and a sleeve. He was also wearing some new clothing, but seemed to almost be burdened with the large and somewhat baggy leather-cloth and fur coat atop a red and black plaid shirt.

Entering the inn, he yawned while approaching Val's table. Quietly, he placed a medium-sized bag atop the table with a loud clink, easily recognizable as currency coins. He wiped his eyes from his tired tears, almost boasting, "It pays to be the best blacksmith in town, you guys can use the rest of this if you need supplies," before continuing towards his inn room, still very early for turning in. The door shut with a creak behind him.

Last edited:
Isaiyl glanced beside him, attempting a weathered smile at Abel. He clasped the stranger's hand in his own. "Nice to meet you, Abel. I hope you don't mind my hurry. I do need to get supplies ready. I shall see you in the morning."

With a short bow, he hurried out, the racket of the gryphon screeching outside once again before the flurry of wings took them away.

Abel watched Isayl and his griffon until they were quite far away, their face a mix of interest and awe. Then, they headed towards Val, remembering that they had something important to tell them.

"Oh, hey.. Val, I forgot to tell you, I do not have a mount. I usually walk everywhere to be honest... but I might be able to get one for tomorrow?" They said, rubbing the back of their head in slight embarrassment

"Sure thing," Val flashed a smile to reassure Abel of his embarrassment. "I'll be hiring mine out as it is, and the stablemaster owes me a favour - I'm sure I can haggle for a spare or two for those that need one." His eyes wandered to the bag of coins on the table. "Or if not, we can use the kid's uh ... generous donation." Best blacksmith in town, huh? Val smirked to himself. He couldn't count the number of times he'd heard that while wandering the marketplace.

He glanced around the room. "Well, looks like it's just you and me left. I'm sticking around for a few hours in case we get any stragglers, and you're welcome to stick around, but if you've got any other preparations to make, just make sure you're back by dawn."

The young man waved a hand to one of the server's to bring him another mug of mead, and settled back in his chair in anticipation of more waiting.

Abel sat down too, making clear they were not going to leave, at least not yet. "I might leave, but later " they rested their elbow on the table, looking at Val " since we will be travelling together, I would like to get to know you better, if that is alright." They said, smiling weakly at the other

"Well, my friend, I'm an open book, for the most part." Val smiled back at the youthful figure. "Ask away. I'll be glad of some good company to pass the time."

One of the servers came over to place Val's mug down, and the man offered Abel a questioning glance. "Can I get you anything, while you're here?"

Abel looked up at the server and smiled softly " sure, the same hes having " they said, and once the other had walked away... " So hey, Val, where do you come from, if you don't mind me asking?. "

"I was born a ways to the west, in a little forest settlement called Vaarenholm," Val answered. "It's all the way out in the Elderwood, so a few months of travel away, past Orlesia. A beautiful place, in all respects, albeit back then more regularly troubled by tainted wildlife than it is today. By the time I left, it'd grown into a town with its own walls and a garrison of Arbor Wardens. Safe and secure." He flashed a grin. "So naturally, no place for someone like me. How about you? You said you're a lot older than you look; where does that story start?"

Abel offered a smile, but it wasn't like the rest he had given until then, the smile he showed Val now was sadder than the others.

" I'm pretty sure if I told you everything you would call me crazy and not believe me, but I can tell you I am not from here, not originally, anyways. I come from beyond the veil. " they explained " that alone is kinds curious, I don't know if you are ready to listen to the rest of my story... but I guess I could tell you?, if you have an... open mind... I guess... "

The poor star didn't even know where they should start, this was the reason why they usually travelled alone. It meant less connections and less explanations... but they guessed they couldn't avoid them forever, they'd probably make friends with some of these group members, and with friendship came trust, and trust... included letting others know certain truths.

"I've seen a lot over the years," Val answered. "And heard of more. In my line of work, you tend to run into the odd things more often than regular folk." He gave Abel a reassuring smile. "You need only tell me as much as you'd like, but I'll wager there's very little you could say that was so outlandish I'd dismiss it out of hand. There's a lot we still don't know about the way our world has changed since the fall, and that's just within Aelora's borders. Beyond the veil, in other realms and on other planes, I doubt there's a man alive that's seen it all. Knowing that, it's only fools who'd dismiss anything as truly impossible."

The door to the tavern swung open, creaking a bit on its hinges, and Amma re-entered the bar. Her satchel was now significantly heavier, and there were quite a few new crystals strung on leather cords around her neck. She approached the table she had been standing by earlier, now down to two members- Val and Abel. She waved to them in greeting, not wanting to interrupt their conversation, and then quietly pulled up a chair and sat down, tucking her legs underneath her. She flipped open the cover of her satchel and produced a thick book, which she placed on the table and opened to a marked page. She dipped her head and her eyebrows furrowed gently in concentration as she began to read.

Abels smile turned wider and they snorted. " I like you " they commented. " but would you believe me if I told you... oh. "

The girl had come back, Abel acknowledged her with a nod and a smile, hesitating about continueing the conversation... but well, who cared on the end, right?..

" would you believe me if I told you I am one of the stars you see whenever you look up at the sky at night? That I was bored and decided to try out a life in this planet? " they asked with a grin, arching an eyebrow

Last edited:
Despite his confidence in not being surprised, Val's eyebrows did rise considerably at Abel's question. He blinked a few times before responding. "Well, you weren't kidding when you said it was unusual," he said, whistling. "A star? I ..." he trailed off, shaking his head. "And you're serious?" A pause, as he fixed Abel with an assessing look. "You are. You're serious. Is that ... how does that work? Are all stars like you? Not exactly like you, but alive. Sentient. Capable of getting bored?"

The young man let out another long breath and leaned back in his chair. The boy had been right, this was difficult to believe. But he seemed earnest. If it was a falsehood, it was one he believed. He glanced across at Amma, sharing a bewildered look for a few moments before turning back to Abel expectantly.

Abel chuckled in response " all stars are sentient, but many of them prefer to remain in a constant state of hibernation, because building a body is really difficult or because there aren't any inhabited planets near them, so they don't really bother... " they answered. " And to answer how it is possible.... I had to study this planet for a crazy long time, learn how a human body is, inside and outside and then build one myself, particle by particle, to inhabit and keep my energy inside it " the star explained them, trying to keep it simple

Finger marking the word she had paused on in her reading, Amma listened to what Abel was saying with raised eyebrows. A star? Eldron had possessed quite a few texts on astrology and astronomy, and Amma had read each one multiple times. The heavens had always interested her. But never had she read such a thing as a star being...well..alive. She peered at Abel skeptically, trying to work it out. Perhaps the energy, if properly transferred, could translate into awareness? Perhaps stars were, in a sense, ultimate energy forms. If so, then his ability to possible energize her charms...Amma's thoughts screeched to a halt. That much energy condensed into one being? No longer would she have to siphon and ration her own energy and that of small organisms around her in order to create even the simplest charms. If Abel would agree to work with her, the potential, the possible power they could create, it was unlimited. She hastily yanked yet another book out of her satchel, as well as a wooden ink pen, pulling off the cap with her teeth and flipping pages in earnest. She quickly read through scrawling notes, a finger tracing different runes that had been artfully drawn amongst cramped writing in the common tongue. Then, opening to a clean page, she began writing, her hand moving quickly, filling up the page. Ever so often she'd refer back to past notes, compare, make a mark, write something new, flip back again.

"So," she addressed Abel without looking up from the page she was writing on, talking around the cap in between her teeth, "You're saying you have vast amounts of condensed energy inside this body that you've created for yourself?"

Abel looked towards her " yes, that is what I mean. It is the reason why I had to cover this body with powerful seals and runes, so the energy cannot escape it. " they explained, smiling softly and really happy about thr fact that they were believed.

Amma's eyes shifted up to Abel. "So essentially you're a containing element, like an amethyst or an emerald... but then flesh...never contained before...larger amounts require more powerful containers..." She muttered to herself, glancing down at her notes again, flipping pages.

Eventually, after large amounts of flipping and a lot of scratching with the pen, she looked up at Abel. "I think I understand. But stars...if only I had known, we could've somehow channeled the energy long before. But I suppose it doesn't matter now. But have you ever tried siphoning your energy?" Her tone shifted from wonder to something much more scholarly, professional. Her tattooed fingers reached into her pocket and fingered the precious gems.

Last edited:
Abel swallowed " welll... yeah, I have tried... " their expression had turned from a smile to worry... " but... whenever you do that, keep in mind the energy you would be taking from me... is literally me. I am that energy, so it could be dangerous if you drained too much. I need it to maintain this body and keep it together, and to then keep it alive constantly and it is already complicated to do... but uh, well. I guess you could still drain some energy. I would be able to replenish it as long as it was not too much. " they explained, clearly nervous and insecure about the subject

Back