Ancient Forest (1X1)

Focusedheart

Through all, smile. Through the worst, smirk.
(OCC:This rp is one that can go any direction. Am looking for a bad guy of some kind, can be any creature or thing imaginable. Just send me a message if interested! This isn't an rp that is set in stone, lots of flexibility and room for changes and ideas! So if you have a character you want to test out or play with, this is the rp! )

A traveling trip to a forest that had an old history to it. Sounded like a great idea for some history students to take on spring break right? Something away from the parties and the drunks of the beaches. It was a small group of friends who had been in their senior year of college. The group had dreamed of going to this forest for the ancient aritecture that was hidden in it's depths. No one knew any of it's history as the locals refused to talk about it, calling the location cursed.

The group of friends though only wanted to see the place for their eyes and it had taken them all their patients and efforts to get the chief of the local tribe to allow them to even go to the area. They were under strict orders not to touch anything and not to get near the structures, only to look.

Sarah, John, Lauren, Zack and Kevin all respected the wishes and rules of the tribe and once they had reached the secluded location at the heart of the forest, they had listened. They only looked at the beautifully crafted structures that had been worn down by age and took pictures but never approached closer.

What they failed to realize though, it wasn't the buildings that were haunted but the area itself. Beings that resided in the area and detested almost anything that came to the forest.

The group decided to spend the night there, close to the river that had an amazing water fall that crested and sent the water flowing steadily. Settled down for the night they had made a small fire and were sharing stories about the place and all they had seen. They were excited and amazed by the area. It was so beautiful to them.

"Could you imagine them moving those stones and the tools they used to make the designs into it?" Sarah had mentioned.

The rest nod in agreement and the conversations carry on through the night until they get snuggled into their sleeping bags.

At some point during their night of chatter, the group might've heard a small giggle come from beyond the trees, then supposedly something running away. It was small enough to be looked over, however, though caution and suspicion would not be bad idealisms to develop from that.

Deeper in the forest, away from the group's campsite, the young lookout dashed back to his brothers as fast as he could and quickly reported to the eldest what he had seen. The elder brother clearly showed intrigue, and asked to see the camp. Finally, something to provide them with the proper energy they needed. And so the brothers all follow the young lookout as he shows them the tent, by this time the group had gone to their sleeping bags. Even so, the eldest brother began to formulate a plan. It would have to wait until morning, and there was the possibility of it taking a day or two based on how the targets reacted, but if done right they'd share a meal fit for the Devil himself.

Sarah was the first one to wake. Wiggling free from her sleeping bag, she grabbed her camera and pulled on a hoody. Quietly stepping from the tent, she checked her boots for critters before pulling them on as well.

Standing back up, she walks to the edge of the water and began taking pictures of the water fall. It was breath taking to her.

Slowly the others had began to stir from their own sleep. "Even on vacation Sarah, you can't sleep in can you?" It was John who had made the comment.

Sarah only rolled her eyes at him before returning to her camera.

The rest soon piled out of the tent and gathered around the fire to get some breakfast going. After a moment Sarah returned to the others as they begin planning their day.

It only took a few minutes into their breakfast before there was a cry from the woods, sounding almost desperate for someone to hear it. "HELP!!!" A few seconds afterwards, a young boy, about 13 or so, came running out of the woods. His blue clothes and pale complexion were scuffed up, his glasses had been cracked, and he looked on the verge of tears. He ran straight to the campers, clearly out of breath.

"Please, you have to help me. Something in the woods... I didn't get a good look at it, but it attacked me. I didn't do anything, it was unprovoked. A-At least from what I know... please, I don't want to face that thing again, not alone. Please help!" The boy was clearly frantic, just barely managing to get the words out. Part of it sounded almost rehearsed, but if something really was out there, would that matter?

Lauren stumbled to her feet instantly and Sarah moved to the boy as well. Kevin, John and Zack stood up and in a protective circle around the girls as they looked to the boy.

"Easy, hey take a deep breath." Lauren was trying to calm the boy down. Sarah was unsure though and eyeing the area carefully.

Kevin nods. "Let's go check out the area." The others agreed but Sarah was quick to stop them. "Don't. Be smart. Stay put. The chief have us specific orders."

John made a face but Zack nodded. "She is right...we can just go running around chasing things." They all look to the boy now. "What was chasing you?"

"I... I don't know for sure, I didn't get a very good look at it." He placed a hand on his forehead, his fingers curling into his electric blue hair. "But, I-I could've sworn I saw some kind of red glow, like it was locking onto me... and I felt something biting at my neck.. I can respect your decision to not go in there. But... do you guys mind if I stay you for a bit? Just until someone comes back for me.."

Lauren was instantly soft for the boy and the men protective as they all agree. "Yeah you can stay with us. Who are you out here with? We only planned on staying one more night but we can stay until we find who you're with."

Sarah was a little unsure as she looked to the surrounding area. Something didn't feel right but she just wasn't sure what it was.

Kevin nods a bit. "We should at least check the tracks back the way he came. Make sure we aren't dealing with an animal."

John nodded his agreement. "I'll go with you. Zack you stay here with them."

With that the two men headed in the direction the boy had come from. Their eyes taking in every detail. Kevin was used to tracking animals as he always did it on his family ranch. John was the hunter of the group and just as good at tracking.

The boy seemed a little nervous as he watched the boys go, he wouldn't let on about it but he knew what would be waiting for them. He turned to the one that had stayed behind, quickly preparing himself to answer the previous question. "I was out here with my older brother, but we got separated. It was only a few minutes after I lost him that whatever it was attacked me. I'm sure he'll find us soon enough, he'll be worried sick when he finds out I'm not by his side."

Meanwhile, as Kevin and John were tracking what had attacked the boy, they would hear deep, almost disturbing chuckling. After that, some low mumbling as a couple of boys were plotting something together. "Well, looky what we have here, brother. A couple of stray mortals looking for a way home."

"Well, we can give them that, can't we? Or maybe... we have something better for them?"

"I think that would be up for them to decide, brother. But should we really keep this to ourselves?"

"There's only two of them, that's perfect for you and me. The others can find their shares later."

Zack nods a bit. "If Kevin can't find a trail no one can." He looks to where the others had disappeared to, wondering what could be out there.

Sarah was thinking on the stories and tales of this place. She looks to the old ruins. The sensation of unease was still pulling at her.

Lauren however was more concerned about the boy than any threat of a monster. "Are you hungry?" She hands him a canteen of water. "Drink some water. Don't need you getting dehydrated. " She smiles warmly.

Both Kevin and John stop in their tracks as they hear the chuckling. Kevin pulled his hunting knife from his belt. "Who's there?" He called as John eyes the area around them. This wasn't an animal at all.

The boy smiled as he accepted the water and drank a little bit, keeping it away from touching his lips out of common courtesy. "Thank you for this. I just saw the smoke coming from your fire and it seemed you'd be the only people around to help." He hesitated a bit, then looked up to them again. "My name is Chris, by the way. Just so you know what to call me by." For a moment, he seemed a little uncertain about the name, but that seemed to be the one he was sticking with.

As John looked around, he would soon see two human-looking silhouettes sitting up in a tree, but almost as soon as he saw them they jumped down and disappeared. However it still seemed like they were somewhere nearby.

Lauren smiled gently to the boy. "I'm Lauren. That's Zack and Sarah. The two that went to look around is John and Kevin. "

Sarah moved to the water again, looking around before going back to the others. Her eyes fall on the old structures. Gently she stroked her pendant necklace as she sat back down.

Zack nods a bit to Chris. "We'll find your brother and get you home. " he had his own little brother at home and it was hard for him not to feel for the boy.

John tenses and jumped back, bumping into Kevin as he did.

Kevin shouts in surprise then looks to John. "What's wrong with you?" John shakes his head sharply. "I could have sworn I just saw two people in the tree. But they're gone now."

Kevin eyes John a moment. He never knew the guy to lie or make something up. "The tribe did say the area may be haunted..." he looks around a little. "Let's get back to the others. I'm not finding any tracks but the kids."

"And miss out on all the fun?" One of the voices from just a minute ago taunted. Not long after that, a boy dressed in purple appeared behind the boys, somewhat hidden by the trees. He looked a couple years older than the boy back at the camp, though the smile on his face indicated other intentions than what Chris showed.

A few seconds after him, another boy in green appeared in front of them with a similar smile. "But we're just getting started. What's the hurry to get away?"

Kevin tensed up at the appearance of the first boy. His unease only increased when the second one showed up. His hands clenched into fists and he was ready to fight.

John was in a similar stance. "You the boys brother? Some sick joke you guys are playing." He retorted.

The boys simply laughed, beaming with mischief as they settled down. The boy in green spoke up first. "I guess you would interpret it that way. But do you really think that boy is worth helping? Do you really think he'll be of any asset to you after all this?"

The boy in purple moved to the other's side, giving him a small nudge as if telling him to back off a bit. "Just be aware that not everything around here is going to be as it seems. If I were you, I'd watch your step." With that, the brothers turned and walked away from John and Kevin, chuckling to themselves.

Kevin narrowed his eyes at the two as they walked away from them. He nods to John. "We need to get back to the others. Now. And also ask Sarah what she knows." They start to make their back towards the camp.

Lauren kept by Chris to keep an eye on him after giving him food. Sarah was over by the ruins eyeing some of the symbols on it.

Zack was getting uneasy as they al waited for the others to get back.

Chris was grateful for the food, though he seemed a little hesitant to eat it. He kept an eye towards the woods, smiling and alerting Lauren as Kevin and John came out of the trees. He didn't say anything, but part of him was surprised they had made it out alive. From what he knew of the two they had confronted, they would typically kill humans on sight. Maybe their eldest brother told them to hold off. With the plan that had been set up, it did seem the eldest was trying to make sure they all got their share.

Zack tenses as he saw Kevin and John coming from the woods. He moves to meet them as he saw the expression on Kevin's face. "We need to get moving. It's not safe."

Zack blinks. "What happened?"

John shakes his head. "Where is Sarah? She knows the tales of this place. Maybe she can answer that question."

Zack nods to the ruins. "She is looking at some of the old writings. "

Kevin nods and heads over to go get Sarah.

Lauren looks up at John and Zack as they walk over. "What's going on?"

John shakes his head glancing at Chris. "We need to get ready to move."

Chris couldn't help but blush for a split second as John glanced at him. He stood and seemed a little worried by their comments. "W-what did you see in there?" Of course, he already knew, but he had to play innocent or the plan would go south.

To be honest, he was a little worried about these humans, knowing what their fates would be, but if he turned on his brothers, well... he didn't really want to think about it.

Kevin reached Sarah. "We need to get going. I don't think we are dealing with anything normal. I'm not one to believe in ghost stories but I know you've seen a thing or two before."

Sarah blinks at Kevin, she nods slightly. "I'm not sure what it is about this place."

John looks to Chris now as he asked the question. "I guessing whatever it was that was toying with you."

Zack starts to get the camp site packed up. Lauren was doing the same. Sarah and Kevin join them.

Sarah looks to John, the two seemed to stare at each other a moment before Sarah shivered and looked away from him.

Chris backed away a little, seeming scared now. If the targets were planning on leaving, then their whole plan would fall apart. He had to do something! So he went with the first thing that jumped to his mind. "I... t-thank you for your help, but.. I think I should try to find my brother on my own." He then ran off towards the woods, hoping he'd be able to report what was going on before they left.

Back