Status
Not open for further replies.
"Who could destroy a being of such power?" Jack ponders, "so, we are certain that it is not the occultic books that caused this, but actual magic from one who can use it?"

Jack ponders.

"With her abilities, one would believe that she would be able to detect the culprit before a strike. Could it be..."

@Jeremi @Ver @Josh @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yazzie

Monika rushed downstairs to find a truly gruesome sight. What remained of Dear Lois was laying in a pile, while Hector seemed himself seemed to be injured quite a bit, Monika made her way over to the group hoping to avoid anymore glances at Dear Lois's corpse

"Are you alright? You look like you could use some medical attention, I could try a find a first aid kit if you want." Monika said to Hector

@Takumi
@Yun Lee
@MelodyMeister
@Archmage Jeremiah
@Bark

Hector looked down on the grime on his coat. "You do not need to worry, this was from before I came here. A ghoul if I recall correctly." He pointed to Lois' remains. "She deserves our full attention."

@Yazzie

"Yipe!" Grell jumped back as the reel burst into flames. "That's the first time I've seen anything of that nature! Either cinematic records don't work the way they do back home..." She narrowed her eyes, looking around the group. "Or someone set them ablaze before we saw anything else! But there are two books she found: red, with numbers. Perhaps if we find them, they may tell us more?"

Kylie was on it and with Hector assisting they soon found what they were looking for. Under a drove of books they found the two red leather bound tomes quite close to each other. However as they opened them to check the contents they'd find most of the pages ripped out and on one of the pages they found a message:

Thanks for the coffee

"Who could destroy a being of such power?" Jack ponders, "so, we are certain that it is not the occultic books that caused this, but actual magic from one who can use it?"

Jack ponders.

"With her abilities, one would believe that she would be able to detect the culprit before a strike. Could it be..."

"That she didn't expect whoever it was as a threat?"
Hector asked the young girl. "Very possible, but the question remains." He held up one of the books. "Why would one of our own impede our search?"

Kylie meanwhile had aimed her P.K.E. meter towards the gathered group. Much like when she had aimed it a Dear Lois it seemed to be lighting up on every single one. "Huh...it's not supposed to do that."

@Ver @Josh @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yazzie @Everyone

Grell clicked her tongue. "Well, this is useless. Here I thought that machine would give us a clue...and those books aren't any help! I'd suggest searching for those pages, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if our killer burned them up, too!"

Really, how annoying! But at least this time it was more of a murder mystery than trying to survive in a nightmare world. And there was no way she was going to let anyone else kill among them, so why not play the role of Sherlock Holmes for once? Not like she had anything better to do, anyway, with being snowed in and all...

"Though, I do wonder...it all seems timed ever so perfectly. The shadow creeping up at the very second Dear Lois finds the books she's looking for? It's as though our killer was waiting for her to find the tomes...almost as if they wanted her to do the dirty work of finding them!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Alex Azure @Crow @Yazzie @Josh @Everyone​

Grell clicked her tongue. "Well, this is useless. Here I thought that machine would give us a clue...and those books aren't any help! I'd suggest searching for those pages, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if our killer burned them up, too!"

Really, how annoying! But at least this time it was more of a murder mystery than trying to survive in a nightmare world. And there was no way she was going to let anyone else kill among them, so why not play the role of Sherlock Holmes for once? Not like she had anything better to do, anyway, with being snowed in and all...

"Though, I do wonder...it all seems timed ever so perfectly. The shadow creeping up at the very second Dear Lois finds the books she's looking for? It's as though our killer was waiting for her to find the tomes...almost as if they wanted her to do the dirty work of finding them!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Alex Azure @Crow @Yazzie @Josh @Everyone​

"Well..." Kylie started flipping through the book. "From what is left in this book. I see a lot of mentions of the Old Ones in here. That's never good. We're talking about a Class 7 threat." Realizing that no one here would know what she meant. "Basically Godlike beings."

"On top of that the phone's dead," Janine then replied from her desk. "I tried to contact the boys but looks like we can't get a signal out."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Alex Azure @Crow @Yazzie @Josh @Everyone

Waking up after hardly getting any sleep...how annoying, what could have happened that could have needed everyone being woken up so adruptly? Seriously....still, Hazel did come down after a bit of drowsy complaining and after she grabbed her notebook and pen. She came down.

And Hazel felt a cold bucket of water thrown on her, waking up. Wait, no, that was just her body waking her up. But why...oh. That smell.

Seeing the remains of Dear Lois, and that smell, Hazel gasped, clasped her hands around her nose to stop the offending smell, and leaned on the wall for support. She's never seen a human dead body in any form before, but she did know exactly what that smell was. Burned flesh. What could have turned an abomination like her into a pile of ash? Something powerful, surely. Shakily, and still pale from the fact that, well, what had once been a living talking thing is now lifeless ash, Hazel listened in on everyone, she didn't feel like talking and putting forward her own theories yet.

Her notes:

"Ashes found, remains of that brain thing woman, either a paranormal book incident, or a murder (Presumbly having fire powers?). Caused by paranormal source. She was examining two red with numbers books before she died, there was a shadow behind her."

Hazel slammed her notes shut, not having the stomach to write anymore. Turning around at Kylie, Hazel froze. At first, she thought that the death was because of either a ghost getting to her (But then, wouldn't there be more ghosts? Why would it go for just her? Hazel ruled that one out.), or a book burning her up, like that book that caught fire earlier (she ruled that out once she saw the message on the book), but if Dear Lois's remains had lots of 'paranormal activity', and so they everyone of them, then...

"Thanks for the coffee...excuse me, miss? Do-do the ghosts have any way of intelligent speech, or any way out of this building with the pages?"

Hazel didn't really want to believe that it was one of the people on her group, because....she didn't want to be in danger.

"If it isn't the ghosties, and the building is snowed in, then...then, the pages should be still in this building, right? Or if they were burnt up, then surely, there would be burn marks or ashes in the place it was burnt, right? Was anyone awake during the...time of death?"
@Jeremi @Pretty much everyone I guess​

Hector looked down on the grime on his coat. "You do not need to worry, this was from before I came here. A ghoul if I recall correctly." He pointed to Lois' remains. "She deserves our full attention."

@Yazzie

Kylie was on it and with Hector assisting they soon found what they were looking for. Under a drove of books they found the two red leather bound tomes quite close to each other. However as they opened them to check the contents they'd find most of the pages ripped out and on one of the pages they found a message:

Thanks for the coffee

Hector asked the young girl. "Very possible, but the question remains." He held up one of the books. "Why would one of our own impede our search?"

Kylie meanwhile had aimed her P.K.E. meter towards the gathered group. Much like when she had aimed it a Dear Lois it seemed to be lighting up on every single one. "Huh...it's not supposed to do that."

Thanks for the coffee? Why would the killer write that of all things? It was rather odd, but still a form of clue.

"Who all had the coffee she made?" Serenity questioned as she took a look around for any of the possible missing pages of the books. "Either the one responsible is framing someone or they genuinely meant what was written."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Crow @Alex Azure @Others

Theo Raeken

Theo woke up to the sound of Hector's shouting rather easily. He took a deep breath and composed himself.
" It seems we know three key things right now. It was someone here who killed her, they had coffee or wants us to think they did and she trusted them enough that she wasn't startled when they came down.Oh, and fourth, though this is more of an assumption than a fact, I believe our killer was possessed by a ghost because of the PKE levels being so high right now. They probably still are. Miss Janine, I do have a question. Is the Forbidden door where the ghosts are kept still secure? "

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Crow @Alex Azure

"Let's not get caught up on the coffee note, darlings," Grell said. "I don't think our culprit would be THAT stupid when not everyone had something to drink. Though setting her on fire while not getting anything else scorched...?" Grell did a quick check of the room in order to see if there was any sign of additional scorching anywhere.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @MelodyMeister @Crow @Yazzie @Josh

Waking up after hardly getting any sleep...how annoying, what could have happened that could have needed everyone being woken up so adruptly? Seriously....still, Hazel did come down after a bit of drowsy complaining and after she grabbed her notebook and pen. She came down.

And Hazel felt a cold bucket of water thrown on her, waking up. Wait, no, that was just her body waking her up. But why...oh. That smell.

Seeing the remains of Dear Lois, and that smell, Hazel gasped, clasped her hands around her nose to stop the offending smell, and leaned on the wall for support. She's never seen a human dead body in any form before, but she did know exactly what that smell was. Burned flesh. What could have turned an abomination like her into a pile of ash? Something powerful, surely. Shakily, and still pale from the fact that, well, what had once been a living talking thing is now lifeless ash, Hazel listened in on everyone, she didn't feel like talking and putting forward her own theories yet.

Her notes:

"Ashes found, remains of that brain thing woman, either a paranormal book incident, or a murder (Presumbly having fire powers?). Caused by paranormal source. She was examining two red with numbers books before she died, there was a shadow behind her."

Hazel slammed her notes shut, not having the stomach to write anymore. Turning around at Kylie, Hazel froze. At first, she thought that the death was because of either a ghost getting to her (But then, wouldn't there be more ghosts? Why would it go for just her? Hazel ruled that one out.), or a book burning her up, like that book that caught fire earlier (she ruled that out once she saw the message on the book), but if Dear Lois's remains had lots of 'paranormal activity', and so they everyone of them, then...

"Thanks for the coffee...excuse me, miss? Do-do the ghosts have any way of intelligent speech, or any way out of this building with the pages?"

Hazel didn't really want to believe that it was one of the people on her group, because....she didn't want to be in danger.

"If it isn't the ghosties, and the building is snowed in, then...then, the pages should be still in this building, right? Or if they were burnt up, then surely, there would be burn marks or ashes in the place it was burnt, right? Was anyone awake during the...time of death?"
@Jeremi @Pretty much everyone I guess​

"For all I know I was the first one awake," Hector replied. "I saw no indication that anyone else had been up. I proceeded to let everyone else sleep as I came down the stairs to see if Dear Lois' research had brought fruit." He motioned back towards the body. "And that was what I found. You know the rest."

Theo Raeken

Theo woke up to the sound of Hector's shouting rather easily. He took a deep breath and composed himself.
" It seems we know three key things right now. It was someone here who killed her, they had coffee or wants us to think they did and she trusted them enough that she wasn't startled when they came down.Oh, and fourth, though this is more of an assumption than a fact, I believe our killer was possessed by a ghost because of the PKE levels being so high right now. They probably still are. Miss Janine, I do have a question. Is the Forbidden door where the ghosts are kept still secure? "

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Crow @Alex Azure

"If one of is is possessed then we're going to have a problem," Kylie replied. "That might be the fire is something innate that they can do, which means that we wont know for sure who it is that is possessed." She held up the P.K.E. Meter again. "And if it's true we're dealing with someone or something that knows what they're doing."

"I checked that the moment we found the body," Janine said in turn. "Door's locked shut just as I left it. Not like that matter if we are dealing with a ghost."

"Let's not get caught up on the coffee note, darlings," Grell said. "I don't think our culprit would be THAT stupid when not everyone had something to drink. Though setting her on fire while not getting anything else scorched...?" Grell did a quick check of the room in order to see if there was any sign of additional scorching anywhere.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @MelodyMeister @Crow @Yazzie @Josh

Looking around the first floor Grell found some ashen pieces scattered a bit further away from the group. "I assume the pages?" Hector had followed her and knelt down to get a better look at the pieces. "I imagine these will be of no use, but why rip the pages out and not just setting the book ablaze like last time?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @MelodyMeister @Crow @Yazzie @Josh @Everyone

A long while staring at the body later, Hazel snapped back into her normal self. Although still far away from the body, Hazel's heartrate went down finally, and she felt some colour come back into her skin. Taking out her note book, she recorded more notes. Mainly about the chance that someone was possessed, and if that's so, then it might have been a fire ghost, and that just put them right on square zero. Since everyone had high...whatever the readings were called, then it could be anyone. She also recorded down the fact the basement was locked.

"Right, aren't ghosts supposed to be like, transparent and all, and able to go through walls? Or is that not how ghosts work?"

Hazel was wanting to say something about the burnt pages just over there...but she didn't know quite how to put it. Oh, well, she'll say it anyways.

"Maybe the solution's simple for the pages. It would be strange to have two entire books missing, so maybe the killer was intending to put the books back to avoid any suspicion, since it's hard to tell if pages have been removed or not if you don't open it. And considering the amount of books here, if it wasn't for that weird death film thing, we'll never even think about those two books amongst so many books."

Putting things back to where things were, they were one of the first things to do to cover up something, she knew personally.

Hazel picked up one of the red tomes, and checked the cover for a name, the back for any text, and then the pages, to see if there were any clues at all, about the content of the book. Even any remaining text that wasn't ripped out, if the pages weren't perfectly ripped off with no evidence of anything being there.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everyone (?)​

A long while staring at the body later, Hazel snapped back into her normal self. Although still far away from the body, Hazel's heartrate went down finally, and she felt some colour come back into her skin. Taking out her note book, she recorded more notes. Mainly about the chance that someone was possessed, and if that's so, then it might have been a fire ghost, and that just put them right on square zero. Since everyone had high...whatever the readings were called, then it could be anyone. She also recorded down the fact the basement was locked.

"Right, aren't ghosts supposed to be like, transparent and all, and able to go through walls? Or is that not how ghosts work?"

Hazel was wanting to say something about the burnt pages just over there...but she didn't know quite how to put it. Oh, well, she'll say it anyways.

"Maybe the solution's simple for the pages. It would be strange to have two entire books missing, so maybe the killer was intending to put the books back to avoid any suspicion, since it's hard to tell if pages have been removed or not if you don't open it. And considering the amount of books here, if it wasn't for that weird death film thing, we'll never even think about those two books amongst so many books."

Putting things back to where things were, they were one of the first things to do to cover up something, she knew personally.

Hazel picked up one of the red tomes, and checked the cover for a name, the back for any text, and then the pages, to see if there were any clues at all, about the content of the book. Even any remaining text that wasn't ripped out, if the pages weren't perfectly ripped off with no evidence of anything being there.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everyone (?)​

Kylie nodded. "We don't have time for a ghost 101, but yeah they can do that, which means a locked door means nothing for an actual ghost. But if said ghost is possessing someone then that means they need to follow the rules like everyone else." She looked at the door down to the basement. "Still, we might have to investigate and see if something's up."

The name of the tome was the Iron Bound Books of...it seemed like the final part was scratched beyond recognition, it was the same for the second one. As for the contents, rather bleak and graphic. Like Kylie had said there was mentions of the Old Ones and prophecies about their return to the mortal realm.

One particular piece that caught Hazel's attention was a mention of how these beings were a constant on all plains of existence. With context she couldn't quite figure out what could have been hidden among the ripped pages either.

@MelodyMeister @Everyone

"Listen, I know my way around theatrics, darling," Grell said, leaning against a wall. "This was absolutely done for the drama. Our little killer ghost wanted us to find these books and learn of these old people or whatever they are. Think about it! Had the books been completely burned up, would this crime scene have nearly the impact it does with them vandalized? And the little coffee note...what a positively dramatic way to tell us all it was one of us!"

Grell hugged herself, spinning around with delight. "Oh, it's almost like being in Sir Doyle's little scarlet novel! I do believe our ghost must be a director, or a good writer, if they're this skillful with a crime scene!" As a thought occured to her, Grell stopped mid-spin, a puzzled look on her face. "But...if a ghost did possess one of us to do the deed...would that mean anyone could have started the fire? And by that I mean, these pyrotechnics were clearly done by a professional, if not some sort of wizard! If our paranormal poltergeist has fire powers, would that transfer to whoever they possessed? Like, for example...oh, I don't know, that little girl!" Grell pointed to Monika. "She's harmless enough! If our ghost has the power of spontaneous combustion, would it be able to use it through her? Or would it need to possess someone skilled in arson?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Alex Azure @MelodyMeister

"Listen, I know my way around theatrics, darling," Grell said, leaning against a wall. "This was absolutely done for the drama. Our little killer ghost wanted us to find these books and learn of these old people or whatever they are. Think about it! Had the books been completely burned up, would this crime scene have nearly the impact it does with them vandalized? And the little coffee note...what a positively dramatic way to tell us all it was one of us!"

Grell hugged herself, spinning around with delight. "Oh, it's almost like being in Sir Doyle's little scarlet novel! I do believe our ghost must be a director, or a good writer, if they're this skillful with a crime scene!" As a thought occured to her, Grell stopped mid-spin, a puzzled look on her face. "But...if a ghost did possess one of us to do the deed...would that mean anyone could have started the fire? And by that I mean, these pyrotechnics were clearly done by a professional, if not some sort of wizard! If our paranormal poltergeist has fire powers, would that transfer to whoever they possessed? Like, for example...oh, I don't know, that little girl!" Grell pointed to Monika. "She's harmless enough! If our ghost has the power of spontaneous combustion, would it be able to use it through her? Or would it need to possess someone skilled in arson?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Alex Azure @MelodyMeister

Kylie looked over to Monika before looking back to Grell. "If that's what they could do when they were alive then yeah, they can do it if their ghost is possessing someone."

"While this is all fine and good figuring out a culprit, what are we going to do to if we actually do find the culprit?"

"If it's a ghost we'll trap it, but to find it...I'll have to think about that."

@Takumi @Lucky @Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Alex Azure @MelodyMeister

Kylie looked over to Monika before looking back to Grell. "If that's what they could do when they were alive then yeah, they can do it if their ghost is possessing someone."

"While this is all fine and good figuring out a culprit, what are we going to do to if we actually do find the culprit?"

"If it's a ghost we'll trap it, but to find it...I'll have to think about that."

Monika flinched slightly in surprise when Grell pointed over to her and made her accusation. Monika frowned , they honestly didn't believe she had done this to Dear Lois, did they? They had been speaking about ghostly possession, but apart from still feeling a little wobbly, she felt completely fine, completely in control of her actions.
latest

"Um excuse me, I can assure you all I am in fact, not possessed by any spirit, demon or any other kind of malicious entity, I had no part in the demise of Dear Lois." She said firmly

Theo Raeken

" I do think that we also should look to see who within our party can wield fire, just in case it came from the murderer and not just the ghost," he replied firmly.

@Jeremi @@everybody

Monika flinched slightly in surprise when Grell pointed over to her and made her accusation. Monika frowned , they honestly didn't believe she had done this to Dear Lois, did they? They had been speaking about ghostly possession, but apart from still feeling a little wobbly, she felt completely fine, completely in control of her actions.
latest

"Um excuse me, I can assure you all I am in fact, not possessed by any spirit, demon or any other kind of malicious entity, I had no part in the demise of Dear Lois." She said firmly

"I think she's simply using you as an example?" Serenity spoke to Monika, though wasn't really sure, before Hector asked a question that made the assassin class servant place a hand to her chin in thought.

"If we find the culprit, and they are possesed by a ghost...should we restrain the one possessed or eliminate them?" She asked aloud, though wasn't too bothered at the thought of taking care of whoever the culprit was as long as they weren't a select few in the group.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Yazzie @MelodyMeister @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Others

Grell waved Monika's concern away with a hand. "No darling, that wasn't an accusation. As you seem one of the least likely among us, I was using you as an example."

As Theo suggested fire wielders, Grell nodded. "Though simply weilding fire is not enough. This fire was not a normal one-otherwise more than merely Lois and the pages would've been charred! Besides...do you think my cinematic records could just be burnt by any old normal fire?"

Though as the topic of dealing with their culprit came up...hm. "Well, ethically speaking, I suppose we have to let them live if they were possessed, yes? Maybe there's a way to catch the ghost who possessed them once we find out who they possessed?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yazzie @Lucky @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @MelodyMeister

Theo Raeken

" I do think that we also should look to see who within our party can wield fire, just in case it came from the murderer and not just the ghost," he replied firmly.

@Jeremi @@everybody
Grell waved Monika's concern away with a hand. "No darling, that wasn't an accusation. As you seem one of the least likely among us, I was using you as an example."

As Theo suggested fire wielders, Grell nodded. "Though simply weilding fire is not enough. This fire was not a normal one-otherwise more than merely Lois and the pages would've been charred! Besides...do you think my cinematic records could just be burnt by any old normal fire?"

Though as the topic of dealing with their culprit came up...hm. "Well, ethically speaking, I suppose we have to let them live if they were possessed, yes? Maybe there's a way to catch the ghost who possessed them once we find out who they possessed?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yazzie @Lucky @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @MelodyMeister
Monika couldn't help let out a sigh of relief when Grelle cleared up exactly what she meant. To be honest , Monika couldn't help but feel a little on edge after a body was discovered . Not because she had done anything wrong in this case, but because she had done things, terrible things in the past, and if that ever got out, she would be the number one suspect in any future murders, that would not be good.

"Forgive me for being a little defensive, I guess I'm just a little paranoid." She responded shakily, when Grelle suggested finding a way to capture the ghost, Monika perked up.

"Um... do you think an exorcism would work, I know they were traditionally reserved for demons, but it could be worth a shot, right?" She asked, not really sure what to do in this situation.

@Jeremi
@MelodyMeister
@Takumi

Theo Raeken

" Of course, it couldn't just be normal fire, but a fire wielder could have more than just normal fire. Perhaps even a divine sort of fire that would destroy anything. I'm not a pro on magic, but seeing how we are from different worlds, it's not entirely impossible. Of course, it could just be a ghost."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Others

Prologue - On hold

new-york-city-streets-on-a-snowy-night-vivienne-gucwa.jpg

The weather was cold and snow was starting to fall from the sky in increasing volumes. Most of the streets were empty which was peculiar for an evening in New York. The news was talking about the city being hit by the worst snow storm in over 30 years, but even then, that wouldn’t cause the streets to be completely quiet of either car or pedestrian.

Perhaps the ongoing ghost invasion had something to do with it? All of it started as the very skies themselves turned red as a portal emerged above the city sending out a massive surge of ghastly apparitions on the unsuspecting populace. The resident experts, the Ghostbusters, had been called on by the mayor to try and get everything under control, but even by calling in practically everyone that could help they were still falling short.

On top of that they just received a call about a freak electrical storm over at 550 Central Park West. The Shandor building created as a portal to other realms and the stage where the Ghostbusters first big battle was fought. Leaving the ongoing fight against the ghosts to their allies with the use of their trusty Ecto-1 the group drove through the empty city streets. While the snow was starting to fall more and more the roads were for the time being still usable.

Soon enough they arrived at the address to a peculiar scene. The streets were clean of any snow and the only thing around were a group of people laying in the middle of the street. The gang could tell that something weird was going on.

“You guys okay there?” One of the men jumped out of the car.

“Yeah Ray, they’re just lying in the middle of the street trying to catch some sun.” Another one responded in a sarcastic tone. “You thinking what I’m thinking this is?”

A man with glasses and a pompadour holding a device of some sort made his appearance. “If you’re thinking visitors from another world, then yes. The P.K.E. meter is showing a heavy dose of paranormal activity.”

”There any turtles?” The final one asked looking around before adding. “Or one of us?”

“Don’t think so let me get closer,” The man called Ray moved closer to where the people were now slowly waking up and getting up from the street. “Greetings gentle travelers from beyond the cosmos. I am Dr Ray Stanz and these are my colleagues, Dr Egon Spengler,” He motioned towards the man with the glasses who seemed too busy with his device to give anyone a response. “Dr Peter Venkman,” Venkman gave the gathered group finger guns and a wink. “And Winston Zeddemore.” Winston gave them all a wave.

“Now I understand you might all be in slight discomfort and potentially be suffering from either mental or physical ailments…but do you know how any of you got here?”

A loaded question and one not easy to answer. Your mind was hazy and the only thing you could remember was a flashing light before you now found yourself here.

Venkman smirked as he made his way closer. “Well whatever the case is you’re in luck. The Ghostbusters are on the case.” His smile didn’t fill any of you with confidence but at least they seemed to be professionals in...something?

It was probably going to be fine.

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Akira Kurusu
@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Hahli Nuva as Furia
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff
@Takumi as Hassan of Serenity
@MelodyMeister as Hazel Halfpenny
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@Sark as James Corrigan
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Kaykay as Kei Sakurai
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Ottonomous Ghost as Lucian
@Yazzie as Monika
@Alex Azure as Mysterious Heroine X Alter
@Gummi Bunnies as Penelope Dormi
@York as Simon Henriksson
@Atomic Knight as Shuichi Saihara
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​
0brVgdB.png

"I can't say that I do,"
Dear Lois replied. "These Ghostbusters don't seem to know either. Except that it's tied to the hole in the sky, which all things considered would be an educated guess."

@Gummi Bunnies

Ray nodded and listened intently to Lucian's explination about the pistols. "Fascinating! A weapon that works on will power alone!" He was fawning over the possibilities and didn't notice Lucian's sudden change of mood. Until he suddenly turned the pistol on one of the others. "Whoa! There's no need for that. We're all allies here aren't we?"

"Different worlds work on different rules," Egon responded in a matter of fact tone Lucian. "There's no reason to get worked over things that you don't have all the facts about."

Hector had been silently watching the exchange and as Zac stepped in so did he. "Vengeance is something I know...very intimately. But as of now this situation transcends any bad blood there is. We are trapped in a world not our own. In a time not our own. Not to mention the undead spirits roaming around. Allegedly."

@Ottonmous Ghost @Ver @Yun Lee

That was true, while the Ghostbusters had spoken about a ghost invasion there didn't seem to be a lot of them around.

"Rrr..." Until now that is.

latest

Down the street a pack of ghostly dogs stared down the group. "Everyone get behind us!" Ray commanded as he pulled the Proton Packs gun from his back ready to fire if the ghastly dogs came any closer.

They barked loudly at the group before they charged and leaped...! When they were suddenly frozen in mid air. Dear Lois was now standing between the group and the ghosts. "Bad dogs." Suddenly their forms twisted and turned before completely vanishing.

"What did you do?!" Ray ran up to her in shock.

"I defeated them with my mind." For many that wasn't much of an explanation and Ray seemed to be one of them.

"How?! You shouldn't just, mind zap things! You need to contain them."

"According to the P.K.E. meter," Egon had walked up to where the ghost dogs had been defeated. "There is no residual ectoplasmic activity. For all intense and purposes. These ghosts are deader than dead."

ggbU597.png

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I just wanted to protect us from a threat."

"N-No I'm sorry, it's just that. Last time something like that happened it came back even stronger, but if Egon says there's no trace of them...no offense, but you're one scary lady."

Dear Lois chuckled. "None taken."

@Everyone
Ray's eyes widened as he looked at the pistols Lucian procured. "Wow! They just look like guns! How do they work? Is it magic? Are they enchanted?" This particular Ghostbuster seemed to be quite excitable when it came to new technology.

@Ottonomous Ghost

Hector listened to the two talk looking quite confused to what the slime was talking. "It would appear that you found a fellow native," If he was friendly Hector couldn't really say. As Hector listened on he realized there was something he could do. A dark ethereal light formed in his hand and from it emerged what some would recognize as a small fairy. "Scout ahead, tell me what you find."

The fairy nodded and with a wink of its eye it flew off daring the cold winter winds to follow its masters orders.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Ray was still busy inspecting Lucian's guns but Venkman didn't pass up an opportunity to get a word in. "I bet, you tell them to go away extra nicely?"

@Minerva

Egon nodded. "Then we're clearly on to something bigger then the usual dimensional displacement." He said this as the P.K.E. Meter went over Ethan. "Sounds like your last trip was highly disorienting. Dream related kidnappings usually are."

"I'm sorry, your what now?" Winston had been quiet for a moment trying to take all of this in. It wasn't like multiversal travelers were anything new but...this bunch seemed to be something else.

Egon's eyes also turned to Grell and her weapon. "I assume you're a form of Grim Reaper? Another Ghostbuster from another world played chess for my soul against another Reaper recently...but we don't have time to unpack that any further."

@Crow @Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee
"Lady's got the right idea," Venkman replied. "We got a way to get you out of here so we're gonna take. Everyone who can fit get on the bus!" That last part was mainly aimed towards Dear Lois.

"Don't worry about me." A pair of wings stretched out from her body. "I gleamed our destination from your mind so I should be able to find it."

"Well great, did you uuh...see something else in there."

"I did," She smiled knowingly. "And I appreciate the sentiment."

With that Winston sat down in the driving seat for the bus as they began herding the group into the bus. Everyone managed to fit inside and with the Ecto-1 taking point sirens wailing they were off. Considering that it was going to take awhile Winston flipped on the radio.

The weather was starting to get worser the road up ahead was barely visible. If anyone was expected a sightseeing tour they were going to be disappointed. Time was lost to the group as they drove on until finally reaching their destination.

latest

"First and last stop the Firehouse. Thank you for riding Ghostbusters travels and wehope we'll see you again," Winston joked as he opened the bus door to let the group exit the bus. As they stepped out they even found that Dear Lois had managed to stay close to them no worse for wear.

"Come on let's get inside before we freeze our butts off." The Ghostbusters took point and lead the group into the firehouse where they were met by two women, one with red hair and glasses and one with long blue hair wrapped in a pony tail.

"Honey, we're home! And we brought some strays. Can we keep them?" Venkman replied as they stepped in.

"What are you talking about Pe-" As she turned to face the Ghostbusters she noticed the group behind them. "...Is this like the turtles or when we teamed up with all the Ghostbusters from different realities."

"Yeah."

"Kind of."

"Sorta."

"...Alright." The woman went back to doing what she was doing when they came in.

"Janine Melvitz, our receptionst." Ray went straight for the introductions. "And the one talking in the phone and reading the book is Kylie Griffin."

"Look I got to call you back, something big just walked through the door. Stay safe out there. Yeah, the boys just walked in, I'll tell them." Kylie hung up the phone and looked up at the group. "That was Melanie. She just said for every ghost they bag two others pop up. So far they are doing okay but with the weather as it is on top of the ghosts it's going to get ugly quick."

"Then we're going to head back out there. This is our city and we're not going to let any ghosts take over," Ray replied with confidence.

"Guess we're rolling out again, and I just started to get feeling back to my toes..."

"Wait. Are you leaving us here?"
Hector had been awfully quiet but to just leave them here. "Some of us have knowledge and skill to face these creatures, if there is an invasion of undead then would not our help be a boon to you?"

The Ghostbusters looked at each other before Ray spoke up again. "While we appreciate it, it's clear that some of you are just regular civilians and we just don't have the equipment or time to get everyone up to speed. For now just stay here and hold the fort down and we'll try to figure something out when we get back. If you really want to help, help Kylie by cracking up some tomes to try and see if you can find anything about this whole situation."

"It's a it's not you it's me situation, don't worry about it," Venkman responded in turn.

"Look like I said, if we figure out how and why you guys ended up here then we can try to figure something out. Think of it like holding down the fort. The firehouse is really important to us and with you here we know it's in good hands," Ray added.

"Yeah sure ignore the two who were already holding down the fort," Janine snarked.

"Present company not excluded of course. We'll keep you posted." With that the four Ghostbusters headed outside and soon they heard the Ecto-1 sirens blasting and going further away before vanishing completely.

The group now stood alone at the entrance left to their own devices.

"...There's some Chinese food and pizza in the fridge if any of you are hungry," Janine replied to the group.​

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Crow @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Bark @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva
Chapter 1 - Disconnected

Hazel was right. Even with everyone working together going through all the books would take all night. Instead Janine let out a whistle to get everyone's attention. "Guys it's almost 3am. For everyone's sanity I'm calling it a night. We'll have a better chance of making any sense out of all of this with some shut eye. If you follow me I'll show you where you can sleep." She motioned them to follow only for Dear Lois to speak up.

"You don't have to worry about me, Janine,"
She replied as the books began to float around her. "I have no need for sleep, so perhaps I will put my investigative reporter skills to the test and find something we can use."

Janine wasn't going to argue with a woman whose entire body was a brain. She should have the smarts to know what was best for her. Leading the others up the stairs the group entered into a kitchen area that seemed far better stocked than the makeshift one with the old stove downstairs. In the corner was a few old arcade cabinets that were probably used for recreational purposes when the Ghostbusters weren't working. In front of them was a table with a white board attached to the wall.

There seemed to also be a laboratory attached to the other side, but Janine lead them past the firemen pole to a smaller room with four beds in them. "First come first served for those. This ain't the Ritz but we'll try to at least find you guys some blankets and stuff."

Soon enough most of them were situated around the upper floor where they felt it was best, with the hard wood floor keeping them company. Even so the situation they were in had left the group drained and they one by one fell to sleep. You didn't know how long you'd been asleep but most of you woke to a shout. "Everyone, get down here now!"

Recognizing the voice as Hector's people started to make their way down the stairs back to the first floor. That smell...had someone started up on breakfast? Among the cascade of books scattered around the floor laid, what you assume were the remains of Dear Lois. For what the group found was Hector standing next to a large chunk of charred flesh.

It seemed like the situation had suddenly gone from bad to worse.

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Akira Kurusu
@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff
@Takumi as Hassan of Serenity
@MelodyMeister as Hazel Halfpenny
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Ottonomous Ghost as Lucian
@Gwazi Magnum as Marcus Cole
@Yazzie as Monika
@Alex Azure as Mysterious Heroine X Alter
@Gummi Bunnies as Penelope Dormi
@Atomic Knight as Shuichi Saihara
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC​

"I do," Hector replied as he turned to face Serenity. "Or I should rather say one of my innocent devils have the power to do so."

"If you believe it can help," Hector said to Grell, not quite sure what she meant by it. "Anything might prove useful to try and figure out what happened here."

There wasn't much left on the body. It seemed that whatever it was strong flames had enveloped her. Alter could also see that the area around her seemed to be untouched.

To her second question it was Janine who responded. "Don't think you'll have to worry about that." Janine barely managed to push the door open to reveal massive amount of snow on the ground and still falling. The snow was falling so hard you could barely see anything in front of you.

"Looks like we're snowed in," Janine said with a defeated tone as she closed the door again.

"It could've been," Kylie came down from the second floor holding a similar device that they group had seen Egon using when they met. "I'm detecting a lot of activity." Pointing the P.K.E meter at the remains made it light up. "This looks like the job of a ghost. Or at least some sort of paranormal activity."

"Ghosts can do a lot of things," Janine replied coming up closer to inspect the body. "But why would they do that to Lois?"

@Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Takumi

Jack ponders.

@Yazzie

Thanks for the coffee

@Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Investigation
"For all I know I was the first one awake," Hector replied. "I saw no indication

anyone else had been up. I proceeded to let everyone else sleep as I came down the stairs to see if Dear Lois' research had brought fruit."
He motioned back towards the body. "And that was what I found. You know the rest."

"If one of is is possessed then we're going to have a problem," Kylie replied. "That might be the fire is something innate that they can do, which means that we wont know for sure who it is that is possessed." She held up the P.K.E. Meter again. "And if it's true we're dealing with someone or something that knows what they're doing."

"I checked that the moment we found the body," Janine said in turn. "Door's locked shut just as I left it. Not like that matter if we are dealing with a ghost."

Looking around the first floor Grell found some ashen pieces scattered a bit further away from the group. "I assume the pages?" Hector had followed her and knelt down to get a better look at the pieces. "I imagine these will be of no use, but why rip the pages out and not just setting the book ablaze like last time?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @MelodyMeister @Crow @Yazzie @Josh @Everyone

Simon Henriksson - Prologue; A familiar Place

Simon's head was spinning, even after he arrived in this place... ... An unfamiliar city, with a few familiar faces.

While he followed the others in his only partially lucid state, his mind was scattered, although he caught bits and pieces of the conversations and events going on around him.

He found out a little more information about Jack, and a few others he had seen before... Not to mention a few people that Jack herself seemed to know. There were even snippits he caught about Jack's mother, and slowly, a fuzzy image of who the 'mother' she kept referring to really was.

There was a fight with some crazed dog-like creatures at some point, and then... They ended up having a much needed moment of respite in the top floor of what looked to be a fire station.

He faintly remembered grabbing a slice of pizza from the fridge and chewing on it for a while, the thought not occurring to him that he shouldn't be able to taste food if this was a dream, which he only half believed by this point...

It was only when he awoke abruptly the next day that he became fully lucid... With a pounding headache, he fumbled for his bag, which was fortunately laying on the floor next to him as he tried to make sense of what he was being told.

There was a sickening smell in the air; the smell of burning flesh, and alongside the others... He soon realized someone in their group had been killed, and it was slowly becoming apparent that it was a member of their group that did the deed.

While it was more than likely they had been possessed somehow, by the one of the ghosts the people apparently native to this area kept talking about.

With that in mind, and taking into account Jack's words, Simon tapped his chin, thinking over the proposed sequence of events. Then, he swallowed, finally finding the courage to speak up, partially in defense of the currently accused person; Monika, working off of what he could piece together so far.

"It is true... ... If this was a doing of a ghost, they could have given the one they possessed the power to wield fire. But they must have had a way to hide themselves, to deal the finishing blow." He said, frowning a little as he massaged his temples.

No, no... That wasn't quite right. It sounded right in his head, but saying it out loud, he started to second guess himself.

If a ghost possessing someone could have given them the literal firepower to kill Lois, surely some kind of ability to conceal their presense wasn't out of the question either, was it?

But for now, the element of stealth, and/or their ability to use fire were the main defining traits he could think of, about the one who had killed Lois. Evidently the spirit that possessed whoever it had some kind of agenda doing this, other than just wanton murder and destruction, thanks to two pages out of an ironbound tome that had been incinerated.

His mind also began to drift towards the device that Kylie had pointed towards each of them, including himself. It seemed to indicate that all of their "PKE" levels were particularly high.

Though he could not be sure what this meant, he had this dreadfull feeling about it...​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back