Blood Angel 1x1

The female that walked in puzzled her a bit. She had come across hybrids before but not one so ancient before.

Her eyes flicker a bit as she watches and listens. A faint smile touched her lips. "She is fine." She regards the female a moment then asks. "What else do you already know?" She needed to know exactly what this female knew and that ancient male knew.

Yes the war had long since been over and angels and vampires avoided each other. But there were still grudges between the ancients. So far she could guess the male ancient didn't hold one or he would be there instead of the female. Possibly but she wasn't sure still.

Then again she usually couldn't be in the company of either vampire or angel. Vampires wanted to kill her for the war and the fact her blood had strangely become sweet after her change. Angels simply wanted to kill her. In their mind they were easing her suffering like putting down a dog. In the early years she fought them all but now in her older age, she was starting to dream of the peace of death.

"I know what you are," Alys said calmly, golden eyes fixed steadily on the other female in the room. "I don't know who made you or exactly when, although I can say about five hundred years ago you were either born or changed," Her eyes narrowed, as though trying to pin something down, but then she blinked and her expression cleared, "Does it matter? I'm not sure." She smiled, "I'll bet you like to fly, like I like to run, but it's harder to hide a rather large bat-person than it is to be a four legged hunter running through trees." She sighed, looking out the window, almost longingly, "Even when I run, he keeps following," Her voice was soft, almost a whisper and her eyes were vacant.
Viktor sighed, "Alys, you're spacing again."
Alys shook and glanced up, "What?"

She regarded the woman for a moment as she listened quietly. The female had gotten some things right except one thing. "I'm much older than 500. Much older but five hundred years ago I learned to control what I was enough to not be destructive to myself, sort of, and to be able to hide my wings from sight." She smiles faintly. "Flying was my only freedom at one time...but as you said...it's hard to hide nowadays. "

"As for the one who changed me. Even if don't know....never saw who struck me. Was left for dead as usually angels die from a bite from a vampire. I know it was a male and that he still wonders the earth but nothing more."

She tilts her head a little. It was strange but she felt some comfort in knowing the other female understood her struggle to a point. Would anyone ever really understand though what it was like for her?

She thought of her marks. Marks that felt more like a curse and tortured her at every moment.

Pushing the thoughts aside sharply with a harsh reprimand to herself, she nods to them. "What now? It's been so long since I've had such conversations with anyone. " She leans against the wall of the room and crossed her arms over her chest.

Alys smiled a little, "I don't know much about the parent bond. I'm natural birth, so is Damon, I think, he doesn't talk about his origins much." she sighed, looking pensive, "We look through the old books and scrolls and find out what we can. Damon's good at this type of thing, he hasn't forgotten anything in thousands of years, he could know something." She sighed, flopping back on the bed, white hair spreading around her like a halo, "We look at each of your symptoms, one by one and we try methods to combat them." She glanced at Viktor and sighed, "I can't handle human blood or flesh. I can eat a deer if I'm starving, but to survive, I must have blood. You know why I let a creepy ass vampire follow me everywhere? Because he's dedicated to keeping me alive, and so I exist on him. No one else, unless it's life or death, but I have to survive on my friends or become a killer. I have no desire to kill supernatural creatures unless I have to." Her golden eyes were sad, "I've seen enough murder and mayhem to last me my entire, long life time."
Viktor hung his head, "Alys," He said softly.
Alys shook her head, "Nah, Vik, Sophie's death had nothing to do with you. You can't keep blaming yourself."

Angelian gazed at them both for a moment. Her eyes flicker slightly and she shakes her head a bit. "It is hard to combat my symptoms." The sadness that came from the two felt heavy on her own heart. How many lives had she killed as an angel warrior? She had lost track of it. It didn't matter anymore the reason for the deaths, just that she had caused them. She felt their pain.

Her eyes shift from complete black to red again, sighing quietly. Moving from the wall, she pulls her sleeves up to reveal the angelic markings that coated her wrist. "We are all born with them. Though usually they are non harming and just symbols that mark our ranks and names." She looks down at the marks and lightly traces one of her fingers over the part where her name was. "After I was bitten, they changed." She shrugs a bit.

"Your sister is right. You can't blame yourself. I do not know the details but I know that blame will only destroy yourself from within." She says quietly.

Alys frowned, "Why would your body reject what you are?" She shook her head, "That didn't come out right, I mean, if your body was going to fight itself, you should have died immediately or very soon afterwards, five hundred years is a long time to merely survive." She sighed and looked at Viktor, "I told you," she said softly.
"Steph still blames me."
"Stephan blames himself, just as you do."

She shakes her head slightly. "Most angels when bitten do die. I am the only to survive a bite and to this day I do not know why or how I survived it. Either way I am trapped as I am and can't ask angels for answers, nor vampires." She shrugs a bit, glancing to the male then back to the sister. It was strange though. He had been the first vampire to actually help her instead of trying to kill her right away.

Alys shrugged, "Damon doesn't know, but then again he hasn't been part of the vampire world for five hundred years and was considered aloof and eccentric long before then."
Viktor sighed, sitting on the end of the bed, "I can't help much on that front, while our mother managed to integrate herself back into vampire society, we never have been able to; Alys for her half blood and because of her association with a vampire elder at a tender age and myself because I am related to her and through her, Stephan and once, Ivan and Sophia."

She nods a bit. It was as she expected. Her getting answers seemed to be an ever growing journey. One she doubted she would ever be done with.

It was funny because before running into this group she had forgotten about the idea of getting answers. Had left it behind her just a few hundred years ago when she was only ever met with blades and fangs.

She gives a faint smile. "It's alright. I've lived this long without answers. No reason to be upset about not getting any still. The wars happened so long ago. Very few are alive who remember them and no many angels reside on earth anymore." She shrugs a bit.

Alys frowned, "Surely you want to be able to feed and exist without pain though?"
Viktor's lip curled, "Could you not just let her be? You've offered your help, she can ask you for it, if she wishes it."
His sister grinned, raising an eyebrow, "Protective already, little brother?"
Viktor bared fang at his sibling.
A door below slammed closed and Alys' white-blonde head jerked up as she looked around, nostrils flaring.
"Damon's back."

She looks to Alys with sadness in her eyes. "Existing at all has become difficult. " she was surprised though that Victor was indeed being protective. It wasn't something she expected at all.

Her body tenses as the door slamming reached her ears. The male vampire from before. Her eyes flicker slightly and she kept very still. That male, something about him put her on edge.

Back