Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 4 – Change of scenery

It had taken the fighters awhile but finally the victors had been weeded out. “It’s about time.” Cell rose up from the spot where he had been surveying the fights. With a bemused smirk he looked down the where the Z fighters were licking their wounds. “To think that the heroes of this universe fell in the tryouts! How disappointing. Hahahaha!”

“Not all of us lost, you know.” 18 replied looking over Krillin who she had beat.

Gohan gritted his teeth as he defiantly shouted back to Cell. “That just means that the people you’re facing are that much stronger! You’re finished one way or another, Cell!”

“My, my. Such bravado coming from a loser! Well now that the trash has been taken care off.”
Cell raised his hand. “It’s time to change the venue.” With a snap of his fingers all none native participants vanished right in front of them.

“What?!” Trunks looked on in shock. “Supreme Kai of Time! Where did Cell take them?!”

“I…I have no idea…” The Supreme Kai of Time responded through Trunks’ communicator. “It’s like they vanished without a trace. I can’t find anything, anything at all!”

Meanwhile back with Babidi and Dabura. Babidi was talking about all the grand plans he had when he finally resurrected Majin Buu. Dabura was only half listening when he sensed something a bit further away. “This energy…” Uncharacteristically Dabura left his masters side to investigate.

“Dabura? Dabura! Where are you going?! Get back here this instant!” But Babidi’s words fell on deaf ears. Landing by a rigorous mountain area, it didn’t take long for Dabura to find the source of the energy.

“Such a surprise to find you here…sister.”

Towa, flanked by Mira, had a very mischievous smile on her face. “Hello brother. I have a proposition if you care to listen.”
The King of the Demon Realm stood silently before responding. “Make it quick then. I don’t have all day.”

The group who had been teleported by Cell now found themselves. Where there once had been green fields and a bright sky, only a lifeless wasteland remained. The only thing that was the same was the arena they had fought in not too long ago. “Welcome to the next phase of the tournament! This little spot of heaven is a personal space that I have decided to lease out and use to my hearts content.”

Big Barda did not seem impressed by the change of venue. “I thought you were a braggart and a glory hound! Why bring us here where no one can see the spectacle?”

Another soft chuckle escaped Cell’s lips. “Oh isn’t there?” He motioned towards spectator seats where the ones still fighting could find those that had either forfeited or lost their fights sitting among the drafters. “I believe that is a reasonable amount, don’t you? Now, as we’ve got this far it’s time to add to the stipulations.” He motioned towards the arena. “If any piece of your body, still attached to the rest of it,” Cell added with a smirk. “Touch the area outside of the arena you will be ringed out and lost your bout.”

“Why add such a stipulation now?”
Barda asked confused as to what Cell was planning.

“Fairness my dear. Fairness! I can sense the power fluctuation among you all and well I just want to give everyone a fighting chance is all! No just use your brawn,” He motioned to his head. “But your brains as well.” As he said that he floated up into the air to sit down on his makeshift throne. “You have one hour before the next fights begin. I hope you all are ready.”

18, the sole winner of the Z fighters looked around the group. “Well, this sucks, but luckily…” She removed a small pouch from her belt. “If anyone needs to heal up.” Inside were many green beans. “We call these senzu beans. Eat one of these and you’ll feel as good as new.” For now, it seemed that the competitors had time to rest up and plan for their upcoming bouts. Who they were fighting next was anyone’s guess.

@Crow As Benjamin Kirby "Ben" Tennyson and Kusunoki Asuha
@Hahli Nuva As Wilhelmina "Will" Vandom and Gully
@Gummi Bunnies As Sakata Kintoki and Mordred
@Donder172 As Maria and Kratos
@Takumi As Lukas and Lumine
@CrunchyCHEEZIT As Specter Knight
@York As Annie Leonhart and Sandalphon
@Minerva As Aigis
@Jeremi As Big Barda
@Alex Azure As Mason Moretti
@Kaykay As Shiori Kujou
@Ver As Saitama
@Lucky As Stiles Stilinski and Cerin Corine
@Sark As Cole MacGrath and Senator Steven Armstrong
@Atomic Knight as Cole MacGrath
@dark as Jak

GZqJVii.jpg

"A ringout rule? Darn it. Guess I'll just have to rely on some heavy hitters with enough weight to hang around, now wouldn't I?" Ben ponders, "or speedsters. Hmmm... I've got some guys here who can bend the rules a bit..."

"Alright Asuha, during this period of time, I've managed to buff your weapons up!" Fuuran says, handing Asuha some weapons.

CVAFlM6.jpg

"Wow, Fuuran-senpai, how did you-"

"Improv, my junior, improv! Now, go show everyone who's boss!"

As Asuha prepares, Itsuki appears behind Fuuran.

"Hey, Fuuran, are you sure you can keep up your positivity after all that?"

"Who says I am, Itsuki? Smile for our junior, Itsuki, set a good example for her. You are our student council president, after all."

"I'm a bit worried myself," Mari adds, sitting with the audience, "but we'll need to wait and see."

"At this point, I really do hope if Asuha loses, it's ringout..."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Ver @York @etcetcetc​

Chapter 4 – Change of scenery

It had taken the fighters awhile but finally the victors had been weeded out. “It’s about time.” Cell rose up from the spot where he had been surveying the fights. With a bemused smirk he looked down the where the Z fighters were licking their wounds. “To think that the heroes of this universe fell in the tryouts! How disappointing. Hahahaha!”

“Not all of us lost, you know.” 18 replied looking over Krillin who she had beat.

Gohan gritted his teeth as he defiantly shouted back to Cell. “That just means that the people you’re facing are that much stronger! You’re finished one way or another, Cell!”

“My, my. Such bravado coming from a loser! Well now that the trash has been taken care off.”
Cell raised his hand. “It’s time to change the venue.” With a snap of his fingers all none native participants vanished right in front of them.

“What?!” Trunks looked on in shock. “Supreme Kai of Time! Where did Cell take them?!”

“I…I have no idea…” The Supreme Kai of Time responded through Trunks’ communicator. “It’s like they vanished without a trace. I can’t find anything, anything at all!”

Meanwhile back with Babidi and Dabura. Babidi was talking about all the grand plans he had when he finally resurrected Majin Buu. Dabura was only half listening when he sensed something a bit further away. “This energy…” Uncharacteristically Dabura left his masters side to investigate.

“Dabura? Dabura! Where are you going?! Get back here this instant!” But Babidi’s words fell on deaf ears. Landing by a rigorous mountain area, it didn’t take long for Dabura to find the source of the energy.

“Such a surprise to find you here…sister.”

Towa, flanked by Mira, had a very mischievous smile on her face. “Hello brother. I have a proposition if you care to listen.”
The King of the Demon Realm stood silently before responding. “Make it quick then. I don’t have all day.”

The group who had been teleported by Cell now found themselves. Where there once had been green fields and a bright sky, only a lifeless wasteland remained. The only thing that was the same was the arena they had fought in not too long ago. “Welcome to the next phase of the tournament! This little spot of heaven is a personal space that I have decided to lease out and use to my hearts content.”

Big Barda did not seem impressed by the change of venue. “I thought you were a braggart and a glory hound! Why bring us here where no one can see the spectacle?”

Another soft chuckle escaped Cell’s lips. “Oh isn’t there?” He motioned towards spectator seats where the ones still fighting could find those that had either forfeited or lost their fights sitting among the drafters. “I believe that is a reasonable amount, don’t you? Now, as we’ve got this far it’s time to add to the stipulations.” He motioned towards the arena. “If any piece of your body, still attached to the rest of it,” Cell added with a smirk. “Touch the area outside of the arena you will be ringed out and lost your bout.”

“Why add such a stipulation now?”
Barda asked confused as to what Cell was planning.

“Fairness my dear. Fairness! I can sense the power fluctuation among you all and well I just want to give everyone a fighting chance is all! No just use your brawn,” He motioned to his head. “But your brains as well.” As he said that he floated up into the air to sit down on his makeshift throne. “You have one hour before the next fights begin. I hope you all are ready.”

18, the sole winner of the Z fighters looked around the group. “Well, this sucks, but luckily…” She removed a small pouch from her belt. “If anyone needs to heal up.” Inside were many green beans. “We call these senzu beans. Eat one of these and you’ll feel as good as new.” For now, it seemed that the competitors had time to rest up and plan for their upcoming bouts. Who they were fighting next was anyone’s guess.

@Crow As Benjamin Kirby "Ben" Tennyson and Kusunoki Asuha
@Hahli Nuva As Wilhelmina "Will" Vandom and Gully
@Gummi Bunnies As Sakata Kintoki and Mordred
@Donder172 As Maria and Kratos
@Takumi As Lukas and Lumine
@CrunchyCHEEZIT As Specter Knight
@York As Annie Leonhart and Sandalphon
@Minerva As Aigis
@Jeremi As Big Barda
@Alex Azure As Mason Moretti
@Kaykay As Shiori Kujou
@Ver As Saitama
@Lucky As Stiles Stilinski and Cerin Corine
@Sark As Cole MacGrath and Senator Steven Armstrong
@Atomic Knight as Cole MacGrath
@dark as Jak
GZqJVii.jpg

"A ringout rule? Darn it. Guess I'll just have to rely on some heavy hitters with enough weight to hang around, now wouldn't I?" Ben ponders, "or speedsters. Hmmm... I've got some guys here who can bend the rules a bit..."

"Alright Asuha, during this period of time, I've managed to buff your weapons up!" Fuuran says, handing Asuha some weapons.

CVAFlM6.jpg

"Wow, Fuuran-senpai, how did you-"

"Improv, my junior, improv! Now, go show everyone who's boss!"

As Asuha prepares, Itsuki appears behind Fuuran.

"Hey, Fuuran, are you sure you can keep up your positivity after all that?"

"Who says I am, Itsuki? Smile for our junior, Itsuki, set a good example for her. You are our student council president, after all."

"I'm a bit worried myself," Mari adds, sitting with the audience, "but we'll need to wait and see."

"At this point, I really do hope if Asuha loses, it's ringout..."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Ver @York @etcetcetc​

View attachment 3360
Mason flopped back against the rafters and let loose a deep sigh. "I really thought I'd make it at least to round two. At least I get to enjoy watching the fights. Besides, moping isn't going to do much..."

View attachment 3361
Mason sat up straight and brought a bright cheery smile to the loser's club amongst the bleachers. "Gotta stay positive, right, girls?"

@Crow @Hahli Nuva @Donder172 @Takumi @Minerva @Alex Azure @Sark @dark @PeanutGallery

Cerin Cornine

Cerin looked over at Android 18 and took two green beans and silently moved quickly to hide a third up his sleeve for his fight later. Using his good throwing arm, he threw a green bean at Cole's head. " Hey, I'm not completely heartless," he replied, directing that comment at Mason.

@Alex Azure @Sark

'Stiles'

" He's kind of a jackass, isn't he?"
'Stiles' asked, knowing that Cerin was doing something that would rile a few of the ladies. " Even slide a bean up his sleeve," he said, directing it towards Will and Shiori.

@Kaykay @Hahli Nuva

View attachment 3360
Mason flopped back against the rafters and let loose a deep sigh. "I really thought I'd make it at least to round two. At least I get to enjoy watching the fights. Besides, moping isn't going to do much..."

View attachment 3361
Mason sat up straight and brought a bright cheery smile to the loser's club amongst the bleachers. "Gotta stay positive, right, girls?"

@Crow @Hahli Nuva @Donder172 @Takumi @Minerva @Alex Azure @Sark @dark @PeanutGallery
Cerin Cornine

Cerin looked over at Android 18 and took two green beans and silently moved quickly to hide a third up his sleeve for his fight later. Using his good throwing arm, he threw a green bean at Cole's head. " Hey, I'm not completely heartless," he replied, directing that comment at Mason.

@Alex Azure @Sark

'Stiles'

" He's kind of a jackass, isn't he?"
'Stiles' asked, knowing that Cerin was doing something that would rile a few of the ladies. " Even slide a bean up his sleeve," he said, directing it towards Will and Shiori.

@Kaykay @Hahli Nuva

"Oh! That's actually pretty smart! I should do that too," Asuha says, her Senzu Bean still uneaten and most of her battle wounds having been healed by other means, joining the conversation 'Stiles' was spilling.

"We should stop her," Itsuki utters to Fuuran.

"Nah, we should see if she ultimately ever uses it, if we're going that path," Fuuran replies, "she's a Kusunoki, inside out. They're pretty big on the whole honour deal, her included."

Mari and Itsuki looks at Fuuran.

"The weapon effects were my idea, not hers. Samurais described as honourable use dark magic in RPGs these days, it isn't a big deal, OK?"

"Ahaha," Mari looks at Mason as all hang around the Peanut zone, "fewer fights means less to focus on. It seems that there will be... 8 fights, then 4, and finally 2... hmmm, this tournament's shorter than I thought, all the sooner we will be able to see the victor. I have all the faith in Asuha that she needs."

@Alex Azure @Lucky @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva

Last edited:
The hour passed with little fanfare and as Cell promised the brackets as well as seven identical arenas appeared next to the one already there. The upcoming fights were:

Ben Tennyson vs Will Vandom
Specter Knight vs Shiori Kujou
Kusunoki Asuha vs Stiles Stilinski
Big Barda vs Android 18
Annie Leonhart vs Cerin Corine
Mordred vs Saitama
Cole MacGrath bs Mary
Sakata Kintoki vs Sandalphon

"I took the liberty to set the stage for you all,"
Cell responded from his throne. "Do try to have a good time now...I will be watching with interest."

@Crow @Hahli Nuva @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @York @Minerva @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Kaykay
@Ver @Lucky@Sark @Atomic Knight @dark

IvYU1Y1.jpg

"Hoo yeah! I'm totally pumped!" Ben stretches as he prepares for his next fight. "How heavy do you hit, Will? I've got some of the heaviest hitters in the multiverse at my fingertips!"

jHUaqdn.png

"Woough... I don't know, he seems pretty powerful... "

"Is that what I want to hear from our little junior who defeated a Super Sand- Super Space Warrior- Sup-whatever?" Fuuran shouts from the audience, standing up and waving her hands. "Give 'em hell, Asuha! Give 'em all the hell in the universe!"

tWfuaLk.png

"Fuuran, please behave yourself," Itsuki says, pulling Fuuran back to her seat.

@Alex Azure @Takumi @PeanutGallery

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill

@Lucky @AsuhaVSStiles​

IvYU1Y1.jpg

"Hoo yeah! I'm totally pumped!" Ben stretches as he prepares for his next fight. "How heavy do you hit, Will? I've got some of the heaviest hitters in the multiverse at my fingertips!"

jHUaqdn.png

"Woough... I don't know, he seems pretty powerful... "

"Is that what I want to hear from our little junior who defeated a Super Sand- Super Space Warrior- Sup-whatever?" Fuuran shouts from the audience, standing up and waving her hands. "Give 'em hell, Asuha! Give 'em all the hell in the universe!"

tWfuaLk.png

"Fuuran, please behave yourself," Itsuki says, pulling Fuuran back to her seat.

@Alex Azure @Takumi @PeanutGallery

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill

@Lucky @AsuhaVSStiles​

Will scoffed and shook her head, chuckling lightly. Ben was her next opponent? The Keeper wondered then if he could put up a decent challenge. Hopefuly he didn't go down as easy as Beowulf did.

"No offense, Ben. But you're gonna need more than a superpowered slot machine to beat me."

@Crow @BenVS.Will

Will scoffed and shook her head, chuckling lightly. Ben was her next opponent? The Keeper wondered then if he could put up a decent challenge. Hopefuly he didn't go down as easy as Beowulf did.

"No offense, Ben. But you're gonna need more than a superpowered slot machine to beat me."

@Crow @BenVS.Will

6QjueLf.jpg

"I am fully aware of that," Ben says, "now, let me show you what I am made of!"

Ben smacks his watch down, causing him to be engulfed in a flash of green light.

When the light subsided, the transformation's back was facing Will. He seemed to be wearing a black, open trenchcoat with a white insignia on it.
50429f30af0ddab654a607832bccb750e99aab85v2_00.jpg

The humanoid form turned around with a great swing, the very movement pushing a gust of wind against her and the audience. Physically, he resembled an older human man that looked nothing like Ben Tennyson.

jrPSJuj.jpg

"Laservision."

That was all he said as he stood in a spot.

@Hahli Nuva @BenVsWill​

6QjueLf.jpg

"I am fully aware of that," Ben says, "now, let me show you what I am made of!"

Ben smacks his watch down, causing him to be engulfed in a flash of green light.

When the light subsided, the transformation's back was facing Will. He seemed to be wearing a black, open trenchcoat with a white insignia on it.
50429f30af0ddab654a607832bccb750e99aab85v2_00.jpg

The humanoid form turned around with a great swing, the very movement pushing a gust of wind against her and the audience. Physically, he resembled an older human man that looked nothing like Ben Tennyson.

jrPSJuj.jpg

"Laservision."

That was all he said as he stood in a spot.

@Hahli Nuva @BenVsWill​

Will showed no traces of fear or even concern, cracking her neck and knuckles. This new form of Ben's was powerful. Finally, a worthy challenge.

In the blink of an eye, Will vanished, moving at five times the speed of light. For now, she'd test ben, to see just how far he had come with each ot his abilities. No doubt he would switch between multiple forms during their fight, so Will knew she had to keep on her toes.

She reappeared behind Ben and snapped her fingers, causing massive vines to burst forth from the ground below Ben's feet in nanoseconds, attempting to entangle the boy and crush him in their grip. The vines hald many sharp thorns and teeth designed to cause injury and incapacitate.

Now it was time for Ben to see some real magic.

@Crow @BenVSWill

Laservision counters these vines by unleashing a powerful frost breath to freeze them, allowing him to break out with ease as the frozen little pieces fell to the floor.

"I see how it is."

Laservision starts off with his namesake ability, firing his green-hued heat vision at Will.

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill​

Wil narrowed her eyes and simply held up her arm to outstretch her hand and catch Ben's laserbeams. The blast struck her palm, but Will didn't move an inch as green light flashed all around her.

"We're not so different, you and me..."

Will ducked low to let the beams blast by her and strike a mountian range as she knelt down, coatingher fists in a slivery metal before charging forwards and attmepting to strike Ben's midsection with a flurry of fast jabs.

"Two warriors, blessed with incredible power and magic talismans..."

@Crow @BenVSWill

Laservision had swift movements himself, evading Will's repeated jabs as he unleashes a kick in her back to push her closer to the ring.

"It's more of a science talisman really," Laservision adds.

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill​

Laservision had swift movements himself, evading Will's repeated jabs as he unleashes a kick in her back to push her closer to the ring.

"It's more of a science talisman really," Laservision adds.

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill​

Will showed no signs of damage, recovering faster than the eye could blink. Ben hit hard in his new form but skill and experience were just as important.

"Then this should be easier than I thought."

The Keeper took to the skies, brandishing green fireballs from her hand and firing them towards Ben at a rapid pace. The fireballs smashed into the tiles and set them ablaze, clearly stronger than regular fire.

@Crow @BenVSWill

Will showed no signs of damage, recovering faster than the eye could blink. Ben hit hard in his new form but skill and experience were just as important.

"Then this should be easier than I thought."

The Keeper took to the skies, brandishing green fireballs from her hand and firing them towards Ben at a rapid pace. The fireballs smashed into the tiles and set them ablaze, clearly stronger than regular fire.

@Crow @BenVSWill

"I wouldn't be so sure."

Laservision unleashes a great breath of frost upon the falling fireballs to neutralise the ones aimed at him, allowing the ones that weren't to fall and smash at the tiles to set them ablaze.

"You will require more than that to defeat me. Do you possess more abilities to display?"

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill

"I wouldn't be so sure."

Laservision unleashes a great breath of frost upon the falling fireballs to neutralise the ones aimed at him, allowing the ones that weren't to fall and smash at the tiles to set them ablaze.

"You will require more than that to defeat me. Do you possess more abilities to display?"

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill

"I have more than enough to handle you, Ben. My question for you is..."

Will vanished again, this time coating her hands in the same magic metal to slam into the ground behind Ben and send a massive shockwave of energy his way.

"How long can you afford to hide behind that watch of yours?"

@Crow @BenVSWill

"I have more than enough to handle you, Ben. My question for you is..."

Will vanished again, this time coating her hands in the same magic metal to slam into the ground behind Ben and send a massive shockwave of energy his way.

"How long can you afford to hide behind that watch of yours?"

@Crow @BenVSWill

"The same can be said for your powers, can it not?"

In order to evade the shockwave, Laservision flew upwards, levitating in a spot and blocking the sun, the S-shaped emblem facing will before he turned to face her.

"Now then."

Laservision performs a T-pose and begins to spin like a top, creating a hurricane with his body as a core as the razor winds prepared to cut into Will! The winds began to fan the flames on the battlefield in order to engulf Will and decimate the tiling in the process.

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill​

Last edited:
"The same can be said for your powers, can it not?"

In order to evade the shockwave, Laservision flew upwards, levitating in a spot and blocking the sun, the S-shaped emblem facing will before he turned to face her.

"Now then."

Laservision performs a T-pose and begins to spin like a top, creating a hurricane with his body as a core as the razor winds prepared to cut into Will! The winds began to fan the flames on the battlefield in order to engulf Will and decimate the tiling in the process.

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill​

"Not exactly. You see, I am something else. Something more than human."

Will used her powers over air to take Ben's razor wind and form a shield around herself, before blasting off straight for Ben, her powers keeping her safe from harm. Wil broke through the outer shell of the tornado and faced Ben at the core, In her hands she formed an orb of Quintessence and fired it at Ben. However, as it traveled and neared his position, theball expanded, becomeing a sort of energy net meant to ensnare the boy hero.

"I am a God."

@Crow @BenVS.Will

"This is going to be one of those speeches, is it not?"

The hurricane dispersed into smaller hurricanes that were bent on slamming out of bounds, leaving the battle as Laservision was ensnared in the net, bound to the ground. He seemed to be immobilized, he seemed to struggle his way out.

"... very well then."

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill​

"This is going to be one of those speeches, is it not?"

The hurricane dispersed into smaller hurricanes that were bent on slamming out of bounds, leaving the battle as Laservision was ensnared in the net, bound to the ground. He seemed to be immobilized, he seemed to struggle his way out.

"... very well then."

@Hahli Nuva @BenVSWill​

Will wasted no time in bringing forth the same vines she did a few moments ago up to wrap around Ben and the net.

"No speech. I really only wanted one thing from this event."

The Keeper set fire to the vines, which seemed to only make them wrap tighter around Ben. Will used more of her power, just enough to lift the entire prison form the ground....

Only to blast off into space.

"I seek a challenge. And I know in order to get to Cell I need to beat you."

Will flew high enough to see the moon a few paces off from where they were. This was going to show her if Ben had what it took to save this world, should he manage to defeat her.

"So show me, Ben. Show me why you were chosen!"

The Keeper promptly turned and flung Ben and the prison containing him directly at the moon itself.

@Crow @BenVSWill

Laservision's eyes glowed a bright pinkish purple as a burst of mana disintegrated the net and vines, all while in space.

"Did you know, I could have thought of three other possibilities of escape, discounting switching between transformations."

He assumes a fighting stance.

"Now, let us begin."

@Hahli Nuva @BenVsWill​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back