Changes

Serina smiles a little. "That is a nice area." She shakes her head a little. "I was born and raised here. Traveled a lot but this is home." She shrugs a little and glances towards the items. Then she tilts her head a little and was listening for a moment before she smiles softly. "Keep looking around, think I heard the front door, be right back." She says softly and smiles and leaves the room.

Moving to the front of the store she looked around the room carefully and then stops. Beneath her t-shirt, she drew a knife suddenly and pivoted around sharply holding the blade beneath the chin of a tall male who was grinning at her. "Still as fast and as aware as ever White Dragon." He steps back and shrugs a little.

"What do you want brother?" She grumbles as she sheaths her knife.

"It would seem that something not human killed the boss. Everyone is linking it to you because of your strange hair." He shrugs again. "Everyone is on edge. You may need to disappear for a bit."

"I'm not leaving here and beside I haven't been hunting. I've turned down several jobs in the pass few weeks."

He nods. "I know. I've been taking them." He shrugs and heads for the door. "Just be careful." With that he disappeared out the door and was gone.

She rubs her head. What in the world was going on? Speaking of crazy myths. The world was going crazy. She sighs and turns around to head back to the room.

Musing over various items, Maelith found herself standing in front of a mirror she smiled at herself for a moment before she decide to use it to put the pin of silver into her hair. Her hair was quickly twisted up the run threw with the silver object. The warmth she felt from staring at her reflection with the object in her hair made her happy. Turning away from it she moved towards the door. She likely had looked around enough and should get some food. As she moved to the door ways she saw a man leaving the shop.

Perhaps another customer? It was likely best if she wasn't nosy. When she noticed Serina headed her way she gave her a soft smile, "I'm sorry to bother you. I'm about to go out and eat would you like to join?"

The question even surprised her. Why had she just asked that? She did her best to make it seem as if the fact didn't bother her.

The question hadn't been what she expected either but it was one of those nice surprises. She actually was starving and food was always a good idea. It would be nice to have company for once.

She nods softly. "That sounds great. Let me just change out of these dirt covered clothes." She disappeared for a moment through another door that lead upstairs. She changed quickly into some cleaning clothes and grabbed her purse before heading back down.

With her keys in hand she smiles to Maelith. "Okay ready when you are." She says and heads out the door with the other woman. She locks up as she goes and flips the sign over to closed. Her customers were used to her odd hours.

She looks to Maelith," What are you in the mood for? I know almost all the places around here for food."

Maelith gave a nod as she waited by the register. She pulled the wooden pin from her pocket and looked it over. Her mother would love it she was sure. Not wanting it to become damaged she tucked it back into her pocket. When the other returned she gave her a soft smile, "I'm ready," She states standing a little straighter as she followed her out the door, "Oh I hadn't given it much thought. Some place quiet is always nice. Perhaps Japanese?"

It felt odd not knowing her way around where she was. She figured she would soon enough if she came over to this part of town more often. Her mind was able to memorize maps in a matter of moments so she knew the streets just not what was there.

Serina smiles warmly and nods softly. "There is a quiet place not to far, just around the corner." She starts walking in the direction. "It's owned by a family that moved here about six years ago and their food is amazing. About the best in the area if it had to be argued." She smiles again.

It was so different for her to get out and actually have someone to eat with. She never really did that.

It took then just a few minutes to get around the corner and to the restaurant. The outside of it was an old building whose door was a deep green color with what looked to be a jade dragon for the handle. The sign at the left of the door blinked open.

Once inside they were greeted by a smiling face who showed them to a booth that sat in the middle so one could take in all the details of the place. The family had brought a lot from their home over seas and the walls were covered in the art work and the antiques of their family history.

She smiles softly. "I helped them track down some of these items. They were stolen from them. Amazing what you can find when you do a little research. "

Maelith followed the other and blinked in slight surprise at the quaint little place. She tried to take in as much detail without coming across to nosy. Once seated she glanced over the menu then ordered a green tea with teryaki chicken. Her gaze danced over to the other, "You seem to be rather busy with customers," She noted softly as she --out of habit-- set up her little area. Soy sauce on her right along with the chop sticks set evenly across the rectangle dish. Her napkin was in her lap.

She shakes her head at the comment. "Not really. Just the locals I've met really. I try to keep in touch and help when I can, especially when I travel." She didn't move her items too much, just enough to get them out of the way for when the food did arrive.

Ordering the beef teriyaki and some white jasmine tea for her own meal. She looks to Maelith. "That man from earlier was actually my brother. He was just passing through. He isn't usually in town but when he is he likes to give brotherly advice. " She shrugs a bit. It wasn't a lie as the man had been her brother and had been giving her advice.

The reveal that the male had been her brother made Maelith blink in surprise, "You two look like opposites," she commented softly then remembered that it was common for siblings to be very different from each other. While she was an only child many of her friends growing up had not been. When the waitress dropped off their drinks she smiled softly and sipped the pale green liquid happily before adding a dash of honey to sweeten it.

"Either way I think you are lucky to have people around you." She told her.

Yes they were different, yet both skilled at what they do but he stayed with the jobs and she has been wanting out. Then of course her white hair. She nods softly. "Yeah...my hair turned white when I was young but my brothers has never even grayed in the least. " She shrugs a little and sips at her own tea. Savoring the warmth of it.

She smiles again. "Yes,I've been very blessed. There are many nice people in this city and they all help each other when they can." She looks to Maelith a moment then says. "Things may start to change though. I'm not sure if it will be good or bad yet but I suppose time will tell. " It was strange. As she sat there talking to this woman, she found herself wanting to tell her everything, all that was going on and about her past and why she had been able to get all the items she had for this family but she wasn't sure if such a thing would be safe to do.

Leaning back she hums softly, "Nice people exist but they always have a reason for the kindness," She frowned. Even she had her reason for inviting the other out to eat. She had been alone for a very long time now and the loneliness was eating her alive inside, "Tell me a little about yourself?" She asked as she smiled softly to her. Maelith needed to feel as if she was connected to some one.

She had to agree with what the woman said about kindness. That was indeed a very true thing. It was her asking her to tell her about herself that she hesitated in. What was good to tell and what wasnt? She hadn't really ever had a friend, at least not one outside of the underbelly to speak of.

"We'll I grew up here with my brother and my parents. He travels a lot and my parents have since moved up to the mountains after they retired. They have been living up there for several years now and enjoying it. You've seen my store."She smiles a bit. "That is pretty much what takes up a lot of my time usually or as some say distracts me from things. " She shrugs a little.

"What about you?" She asks curiously.

The female listened with a thoughtful expression, "My mother and I keep in touch but she lives very far away. I moved here from there," She shrugged, "I have kept to myself for around four years. I do computer programming most days other than that I tell people what the flaws in the securty are," sipping her drink she though a bit more. What else? She didn't know really.

"I think that's about it," She says as their meals are placed before them. It smelled good and made her mouth water slightly.

Serina smiled and nods softly. "Sometimes it's good to be on your own a a little but that is great that you still keep in touch with your mom." She smiles then thanked the waiter when the food was brought out and given to them.

It smelled and looked amazing. She looks to Maelith. "Enjoy." She starts to eat her own food, savoring ever little peice of it. It tasted so good and was as always the best she every had. There was no replacement in her eyes.

Maelith nommed away at her meal enjoying everything. The rice was perfect as was the meat. The tea was a wonderful complement to it all, "Why do you think things are going to change?" She asked idly while they ate. To her it was always nice to hear what others thought about and certainly when it came to stability.

She hesitates to answer that question, sipping on her tea and then taking a bite from her food ,using it a stalling tactic if anything else. Was it safe to tell her she wondered.

"Something has happened recently that has some people upset and others glad. Usually when such things happen is when change happens. Some are trying to blame me for the events but I was no where near it." She shrugs a little.

Maelith gave a nod, "Can you prove it though?" She asked softly, "Any one that could vouch for your good nature?" The part of her that loved working out puzzles and made her good at finding flaws was peaked. She was doing what was natural for her. Finding what seems impossible in a seemingly perfect plan. The loophole.

She shakes her head "unfortunately not because it happened right before you came into the shop and I was in there alone cleaning." She shrugs and then sighs. "Just means I have to deal with some people over known my entire life and not how I want to though." She shrugs again.

Nodding slightly she leaned back and munched on a bit of meat. Her eyes drifted closed, "How many entrances to your shop?" She asked. As far as she knew only one but most shops had two doors. One in the front and one in the back. Perhaps logic could win here.

She was quiet a moment as she thought the answer over. Then she spoke. "Three. There is the front door, the back door and then an entrance on the second floor that leads to the fire escape for emergencies." She regards the woman then asks. "Why do you ask?" It seemed the other woman had something in mind that Serina hadn't thought of.

A smile crossed her lips, "We have to prove it wasn't you right?" She leaned forward and tilted her head slightly, "I was on that street coming from the south if you were on the street I would have seen you. The fire escape and the front door I could see easily."

She was pulling a plan together in her head. The back door was going to be a problem as far as she could tell.

Back