Changes

She arches a brow as she takes another bite of food. "You are willing to help me? I appreciate that a great deal but before we go further and you get into this mess...I must tell you exactly what they are trying to accuse me of and the people in which will be hunting for me."

It was only fair ,if the woman was willing to help her then in return she should know the truth before she got to deep into this.

The female nodded slightly. She wasn't fazed by the fact that the woman across from her surprised by this, "Let's put it this way. If you go away I loose a newly found friend not to mention some one who has an interest in the old and dusty," She smiled to show she was being friendly about this, "Tell me. The more I know the better I can help."

She hesitates a little, gazing at the woman for a moment. It really did seem that the woman wanted to help and and had called her a friend. That was a word she wasn't used to. She nods a bit. "I grew up in the underbelly of this city, a group of people who take on jobs for killing or other such things. My entire family was raised on it. Usually everyone is respectful of the other and no one fights. A high moral standard if you will. Jobs were jobs and one man was in charge of all of us. He's been killed but no one knows who did it for sure but the nature of his death was not normal, more mysterious as my brother called. So because I am in the top family of killers but also the outsider and the one with the weird hair...I'm being accused..." she bites her lip a little.

Maelith nodded slightly, "I get ya," She leaned back, "Who's in line next?" It was a reasonable question so they could figure out who most likely did it. After all if they killed on important person and believe to have gotten away with it they were likely to do it again, "And who are your enemies currently?"

She shakes her head. "Probably his son will take over and everyone loves him. He is a great guy. I've met him a few times. " She shakes her head and sits back a little in her chair.

"Never had anyone who spoke out against me or anyone who tried to kill me. Had a few question if I was human or not but both my parents are so that stopped those rumors but apparently the rumors are gonna start or have already started again."

"There's a first for everything. The key thing is to not get scared and let them get the upper hand," She smiled, "Would this son kill his father for any reason that you know of? Does he seem like the kind of person to kill some one close to him? Any one that might have just enjoyed the challenge some targets provide over others?"

She shakes her head. "The son was very close to his father. The two were always together and never argued or had trouble with one another but the head to security may know if that was all just a front instead. " She shakes her head again. "It is confusing but there were rumors that the boss had been into things that were darker and he had in the past asked me questions in regard to creatures of myths and such."

This seemed to draw her attention more, "I seems we should play detective with the mind of clearing your name," She smiled, "I always wanted to play Sherlock." The woman sipped on her tea some more before glancing about the room. She should have been paying more attention any ways she felt to the surroundings.

She smiles a little. "I can only hope we can get answers." She says as she glances around. Nothing seemed out of place but her gut was nudging at her. Something was about to go bad. She smiles a little to Maglite. "If you're ready we can go back to the shop and brainstorm some more."

Maelith gave a nod, "That sounds good to me," She pulled her wallet and put a pair of twenties on the table before standing. Out of habit she stretched then checked herself over for her belongings.

She nods a little and her mind began to focus on their surroundings. Something was for sure off and not being able to pin point it was troubling her. She glances towards Maelith before focusing back on the area a little. If there was a creature out that had indeed killed the boss then where was it now but also how exactly did he die? She realized that it would probably be a good start for them to get the details about the death so then they could figure out if it really was something normal or unnormal. That seemed like the best idea.

Once back at the shop, she unlocked in but then froze. She mutters a curse beneath her breath and slid her knife from below her shirt. She glances towards Maelith. "Wait here." She enters the place and moves quietly towards the back. She disappeared behind a large bookshelf that lead to the back of the store. There was a sudden thud and then silence.

She returns after another moment and nods to Maelith. "Seems word has traveled fast." she nods to the door that lead to the upstairs. "Head that way. I shall be right behind you. There is no one else in here. I'm sure of it." She says.

As they walked Maelith couldn't ignore the feeling of forboding that rode her. Her hand drifted to the small of her back. Her small hand gun pressed comfortingly against her flesh. When they arrived at the shop and she was told to wait she glanced about moving just her eyes. The thud made her want to enter with her gun drawn to make sure Sirena was alright. She bit her lip debating for a moment only to have her appear sometime later.

The orders made her frown slightly, "Don't worry too much about me," She states as she offered a smile, "Be safe."

Serina smiles a little bit. "I'm sorry. I'm not used to having others around when things like this are going around. Not even my brother usually and according to him I boss him around too. My apologies." She says and smiles a little. "I'm just going to deal with the body." She says and moves back to the location to where the body laid. It didn't take her long to deal with it as she disposed of it in an old fashioned way. Quick acting acid. It destroyed the body in seconds. It was all that was needed for such a thing. It was a chemical of their own design that the boss had made sure all knew how to use. It helped to keep things together and no traces.

She moves carefully back through the store and looks around. Everything else seemed alright but she was still on edge. It wasn't good and what made things worse was the fact that the guy hadn't given her a choice about killing him which now that she had killed someone, so in other words, if they didn't think she did it before, she didn't help to convince them otherwise. She sighs and rubs her head a little, then glances to her side. She ignores it and keeps going.

Maelith froze midstep as she turned to look back down the stairs at Serina, "You did what?" She facepalmed and shook her head, "Do you know the person?" She gave her brow a rub as she leaned against the railing slightly. For someone who likely wasn't used to knowing she was in the same building as a dead person she was handling the news quite well. She headed up stairs and found a place to wait for her hostess to return.

Serina felt bad about having to kill the guy but survival was always her first instinct. Once everything was dealt with she headed back up the stairs. In the process making sure everything was secure downstairs.

Once she got upstairs she found where Maelith was at and smiles faintly. "I know I just made things worse..." she sighs and goes to her closet. She disappears for a moment then comes back out wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, knee high boots and a black tank top with a jacket in her hand.

She puts the jacket down on a chair, it was heavier than it appeared, made of a form of keverlar and also held several of her weapons. She had her tank top pulled up a little to reveal the wound in her side.

Several grumbling words were said under her breath as she pulled a first aid kit out." I tried to let him live." She grumbles again then looks to Maelith as she tends to the stab wound as if it was a mere scratch. "I'm sorry about this. This isn't something you should be a part of..."

The woman sat in the chair with a thoughtful look on her face as she played slightly with the wooden hair pin that had been in her pocket. Her gaze was clearly on something that wasn't physical. The words of the other woman drew her attention, "I see," She mumurmed then offered a soft smile, "At least things have gotten interesting since we have met."

She watched as the other disappeared into the closet when she returned changed but bleeding Maelith blinked in utter surprise. The wound hadn't been mentioned earlier and it made her a bit more uncomfortable, "Do you need help?"

Serina shakes her head a little. "Boring is definitely not how to describe this life. " She smiles a little then shakes her head. Regarding the other woman for a moment, she could see the discomfort in her eyes.

"I appreciate the offer but I've got it. Plenty of practice and it's not really that bad " She carefully cleaned the wound and got it bandaged up and out of sight beneath her tank top.

Maelith nodded slightly as she leaned back in the chair and slipped the hair pin back into her pocket. The silver hair pin in her black hair glimmer slightly in the low light. It made her feel comfortable that she had it where it belonged. On her person. Her gaze danced over the jacket Serina had laid in the chair near the one she sat in, "Heavy duty," She commented softly.

Serina nods a little. "He won't be the last one to show up and I don't like getting caught off guard." She looks at Maelith carefully then says. "How comfortable are you with that gun?" It was a question she had to ask and needed to know but she hoped that the woman never had to use the thing.

A smile crossed her lips, "I hit the range once a week sometimes more," She told her softly as she tilted her head to the side, "Worried that me hopping on your side will make me a target?" Maelith wasn't stupid she knew well what it meant to be on the wrong side of the street. It was likely one of the few things she enjoyed about poking the sleeping beasts of danger.

Back