Conley Brothers

She laughed lightly "well yes that is true. I just mean you have no need to treat me any different" she amended, folding her wings down now "for now. I bide my time. Whence my power is fully restored. I give Felix a piece of my mind. There is little he can do to me now. Thabks be to my chosen family" she smiled at him and over at the boys

The twins blushed and grinned.

"He will eventually discover that the wings are gone," Vlad warned. "I might be able to create a replacement that will fool him at a quick glance, but I don't think we can get it back in."

She shook her head "don't worry. It won't take me long and doubtful he will look for them" she said "you've put yourself at enough risk. I will take it from here"

"Kazamir and Adanya did a lot, as well," Vlad said. "This was by no means only us, but..." He smiled proudly at the twins. "My boys had the most dangerous job, and they pulled it off perfectly. Well done!"

The twins grinned, glowing with delight.

Spectra smiled "I have no doubt that their skills came in handy nabbing that box from Felix's trailer" she smiled. Proud of them for using what they could do for good

"I shall thank the others when I see them..for now..I am starving. What say we go find some lunch?"

Vlad hsitated. "I think it might be better if you laid low for now. These new security guards, plus Felix... Perhaps we should go to my wagon."

"As long as there is food there" she shrugged before her appearance changed. She looked a bit like Vlad and Kaz but female of course "today I'll be a visiting sister yes?"

The twins jerked back, shocked. "Wow!"

"Cousin," Vlad said firmly but with a smile. "I do not think you could quite make it as a sister. And speaking of family, I hope Kazimir has returned to the wagon and has not gotten himself lost. Come along, everyone, and we will get some food before I must preform."

"Cousin then" she smiled brightly. Feeling energized and excited even without all her power back yet "what shall my name be?"

"Perhaps Antonia?" Vlad suggested as they started walking toward his wagon. "Iolanda, or Yessenia is a pretty name. Lacramioara is lovely, or perhaps Odeta?"

"Antonia" she repeated "I think I like the sound of that one" she said "but you know I can't lie so introductions mush be up to you of anyone asks" she pointed out

"Then you better hope we run into Kazamir first," Vlad told her grimly. "Tim, Tam, I need you to go wake Star up and tell him everything that has happened. Be gentle and quiet. Do not scare him if you can."

The twins nodded and scampered back to Star's wagon.

Kazimir was nowhere in sight, and Vlad hoped he was with Adanya.

She gave a nod "cheer up. Everything will be fine" she said and hooked her arm with his.

Star of course was asleep. The sound proofing that had done for him was pretty good!

-

Camilla in the mean time carefully lifted the tent flap and looked in. Her diary in one hand . She had made sure nobody was watching when she entered

"Hmm," Was all Vlad said. He worried Felix was going to be able to see right through this, but he tried to smile at her. "Yes, I hope it will be," he agreed. "Can you start the fire?"

Tam knocked on the door and waited a minute before opening it. "Star?"

~~

Claudius looked up from wiping away the last bits of blood. His eyes widened, and he moved to the bars of his cage. "You came back," he whispered.

"No trouble at all" she smiled and danced off to do just that. How could she not be in so good a mood? She had her wings! Her powers!

Stae blinked and squinted as a light spilled in "tim? Tam?" He asked. Confused why they were waking him before dark.

--

Camilla nodded a little "yes....I...." her brow furrowed but she came forward. Not afraid. Her diary had been quite detailed "I think...my brother tried to make me forget..." she held her diary up a little "Vlad warned me to write everything...good that he did"

Vlad watched her go then stepped inside. Only once he was alone did he sit down and heave a sigh. He was ehausted. He wanted to be happy for Spectra, to be dancing with excitement! And a part of him was, but the as that part calmed, the rest of him reminded him of everything that could still go wrong, including Feli discovering what had happened. He would know Spectra was gone soon. Hadn't Kaz said that Keith would be checking in? What happened then? He gave a weary sigh and rose. But there was no use worrying on an empty stomach. Time for comfort food!

Tim crawled into the smaller space and sat cross-legged. "We have a big story to tell you!" he said softly.
"A big big story!" Tam confirmed, squeazing in to join them.

~~

Claudisu walked around and stepped out the door, crouching outside the cage cautiously. "Do you remember friends?" he asked, his heart hearting. Felix had taken her away from him! Or at least tried.

Star sat up to make room for the two of them "ok....can we close the door though..the light hurts me eyes.." his glowing dots should give them enough light to see .

--

Camilla came to sit close by him "some of them...he tried to erase how close I am to Vlad and the boys...tried to alter a lot of things...it is still hard....i know what I read to be right but my memories are so different...it's hard to know what to trust"

The twins shifted until they could get the door closed and started telling the story. Or trying to. They interrupted each other, back tracked, and skipped around so much the story could have been about anything from Spectra and Adanya ridding the circus of Vlad to a tale of the twins exploring the inside of a tiger.

~~

"Trust yourself," Claudius told her. "You might be able to erase memories, but I don't believe you can erase feelings like love. It goes deeper that mere memories. How do you feel when you look at me? Or Vlad?"

Star was patient and listened but it was hard to put together. He didn't wish to make them feel bad so he nodded a bit "sound very crazy for only one morning" he decided to say.

-

Camilla looked up at him "a lot of things but...love..and safe.. peace...comfortable" she named off a few

The twins nodded. "And Spectra is even more beautiful now! And Vlad asked us to steal!"

~~

"Would that be true if your memories were right?" Claudius asked her.

Back