Conley Brothers

The magic that swirled around spectra masked whatever was happening but they could hear the bending of metal

When the light began to fade Spectra floated a few feet above the twisted remains of the cage. She looked herself. Better than herself! The broken shoulders healed and ahe looked even more graceful and beautiful than before. She had been turning human after all but now she was herself. A proper fae wings and all

Spectra smiled fondly and floated down to touch lightly on the ground before them.

Her wings glistened behind her. Still clear but full of veins of all colors that shimmered. The shape similar to that of a dragonfly.

"I owe you boys a great debt for your part in this" she said softly "you teo saved my life"

The twins sat silent. Then Tim stood and approached timidly, reaching out a hand to touch her shoulder. "Are you real? Are you really real Spectra?" Tim asked in a trembling voice.

Spectra smiled softly "yes Tim. I'm really real" she said softly "you have only known me after my wings were taken from me...now you see me as I am supposed to be"

Tim touched her carefully then leaned forward and hugged her tight, burying his face in her shoulder. Soft whimpers escaped, and there were tears trickling down Tam's face.

Spectra smiled softly and returned the hug a moment before opening her other arm for Tam to join them. Ahe loved these boys dearly

Tam stood and wrapped his arms around Spectra. "Sorry we didn't see you!" They meant see her under the twisted shape Felix had given her.
"Are you going to leave now?" Tim asked.

She smiled softly and kissed their heads "it's not your fault" she said "that was how Felix designed it. None of it was your fault boys"

She crouched down more to their level "No" she assured them "how could I leave my family behind" she said and looked between the two of them "I'm not going anywhere ok"

They gave her a watery smile, relief shining in their eyes.

Vlad trotted toward them then slowed when he saw Spectra. He didn't say anything at first, brushing his red hair from his eyes in wonder.

Spectra noticed him from the corner of her eye but focused on the twins still "now...I want you both to take your time and think of something you really want. Anything at all. When you're ready come and ask ok? You both have earned something special ok?"

Tim shook his head as Tam said, "We do not want anything, Miss Spectra."

Vlad stood at the edge of the group and waited patiently for his turn.

Slectra smiled "even so. I want to do something special for you. Because I want to and because I care deeply for you both" she insisted

Spectra smiled at them both once more "good" she said before rising to her feet and looking towards Vlad "I believe I owe you as well"

Spectra smiled "no need for such formalities Vlad. It's still me" she said as she stepped forward and reached out to prompt him to rise fully

Vlad straightened and smiled at her. "I would say this is more you than anything I have ever seen before now." He tipped his head with a faint frown. "What will you do now?"

Back