Conley Brothers

She smiled "I did" she said, setting the bucket down and stepping back as not to get splashed.

-

"Well...not anymore" she said "it's not right" she frowned "I'm certain Leon at least would be on our side....right?"

Kazimir thought about it for a moment then remembered he was supposed to work the pump. "But you are a female? That hasn't changed?"

~~

"Leon is his own side," Claudius said. "I don't think he likes what Felix does, but he hasn't tried to stop him, either."

Shs chuckled softly and nodded "yes that's right" she confirmed "getting very close I think"

--

"Well neither have I and he has always been good to me...I think he would help" she said "we just..need a plan"

Kazimir worked the water until it flowed over the bucket with a messy splash. He winced and stopped pumping. "Hmmm...." Then his eyes grew bright, and he grinned broadly. "Are you Spectra?" he whispered.

~~

"What kind of plan?" Claudius asked curiously. "Maybe a way to stop the memory wiping from taking?"

Spectra grinned "I knew you'd get it" she said and smiled. "But for now. I am your cousins annaria. You can handle that yes?"

--

She nodded "that's a good start..maybe Vlad knows something..he knows more about magic"

Something flickered in Kazimir's eyes, but he just nodded and smiled. "Certainly! To keep you safe." He picked up the pail of water. "Antonia. That is a pretty name for you."

~~

"Vlad is a good place to start," Claudius agreed. "Even if he does not know, he will likely know someone who does."

She smiled "exactly. Just for a little while" she linked arms with him "You're quite clever. Most would not have noticed anything"

--

She nodded a little "I should write all this down jus in case" she realized "I think you should hold on to my journal just in case too"

"It's the eyes," Kazamir confided, grinning at her. "You still have the same eyes. I'm glad of that, you have really pretty eyes."

~~

"I can do that, but what if he catches you coming to me to write in your journal? Or sells me?" Claudius pointed out.

She smiled "thank you. You're very sweet" she leaned up and kissed his cheek affectionately. Fond of him, like a brother she never had.

-

She shook her head "I'm not going to let him sell you. I promise you that. And I'll vome after he has gone to bed at night to write"

Kazimir smiled bashfully. "Thank you. Many people say that."

"Get things settled, then?" Vlad asked as they approached.

~~

Claudius nodded with a slight smile. "Then that may work."

"Well it is a most high compliment. Too many people forget how to be sweet" she praised before looking to Vlad and giving a nod "I knew he was a clever one"

--

Camilla smiled faintly. A bit scared but she couldn't sit and do nothing. She sighef and leaned against his side without thinking about it, just that comfortable. "What a mess.."

Vlad chuckled softly and glanced at Vlad. "Remember. To keep her safe, you must not call her Spectra."

Kazimir nodded. "I'll remember!"

~~

Claudius stiffened at the sudden contact, but he didn't pull away. He slowly relaxed and remained still, not sure what to do in response. "Yes. I suppose that is what happens when fear meets power."

Ahe smiled and settled down by the fire to start boiling some water for hot tea. "So Kaz. How is Adanya?"

--

She closed her eyes and tried to imagine what it would be like to leave and go someplace quiet

"I think she had fun today, though she was much worried for the big kitties," Kaz told her.

~~

Claudius watched her quietly. "If you need to leave suddenly and you cannot take me with you, I will understand," he said softly. "It is better you escape."

"Naturally. They are family to her" she said "and I am most grateful too by the way. I know the part you all played" she smiled "so tell me Kaz. If you could wish for anything. What would it be?"

--

Her brow furrowed. That sounded familiar "I won't leave you Claudius. I couldn't live with myself"

Kaz's smile faded, and for a moment, he looked sad and truly serious. He shook his head and managed another smile. "Nothing that even a fae could grant, but thank you."

~~

Claudius patted her shoulder very carefully. "But I want you to live, and I don't think you can live here. I would like to go, but it would be enough to know you were free."

She smiled softly "there muat be something you'd like. Even if it is not your deepest wish" she encouraged

--

She looked up at him "it's not up for debate. We go together" that she was firm on

Kaz tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm... a pot that always gives me what I am craving to eat!" he decided brightly.

~~

Claudius looked at her. "Why? Why are you so determined to save me?"

Spectra smiled "then a pot you shall have my dear friend" she said "it will take time to enchant but you shall have it"

-

She smiled "because you are dear to me Claudius. I care for you. I can't leave you behind knowing what it means to do that"

"Really?" Kazimir asked, brightening. He flung his arms around her. "Thank you, Spec- I mean, Antonia!"

~~

Claudius carefully slid his arm around her and held her close. "I cannot remember anyone caring for me like this before. Thank you."

Back