Conley Brothers

She gave a little nod "I'll bring some food in for you soon" she said before rehooking the tarp

-

Spectra giggled "my you are a delight Kaz!" She said before moving closer to thr cart and showing him thr parts that were old and rotting and some parts that were plain broken

Claudius remained curled in on himself, thinking. What did it mean to be happy? What did it mean to be free? What was freedom? Traveling with a circus wherever it willed? Working for said circus? Finding his own job? Not working at all? None of those seemed like things that would make him happy or feel free, but they didn't seem like things that would make him unhappy, either. The only thing that sounded like happiness was... He looked up at the black ceiling of his cage. He could hear birds calling somewhere in the distance. Flying. Flying would make him happy. Then he shook himself and dropped his gaze. Stupid fantasy, nothing more than a strange and frustrating dream. He closed his eyes, resting now that the wagon wasn't moving, and forced everything from his mind for now. He would think on it later.

~~

Kazimir studied the old wood. The broken pieces he lifted and fit together, studying them a bit before dropping them again. The rotting bits he scratched at and watched it flake away. Then he smiled and reached up, scratching a little sun into the side of the wagon. It wasn't deep or obvious, but it made him chuckle, so he added a faint little cloud next to it, then some grass and a flower below it. How charming!

Spectra smiled as she watched him "so what do you think? Something you can fix?" She crouched, winced lightly and rubbed her back, rolling her shoulders

Kazimir looked at her, blinking as he came back from wherever his mind had wandered. "Hmm? What? Fix what?" Then he looked back at the wagon. "Oh! Yes, I can fix much of it. Those bits there that were simply snapped, those will be easiest. The rotted bits, it depends on how much is missing. If too much is gone, then I cannot make it come back. Is... conjuring solid things from thin air, yes? That is not so easy. " He tipped his head at her. "What are you doing?"

"Well whatever you can do will be wonderful" she said, it was a cute little cart. Be cuter whence it was fixed up.

"What am I doing?" She repeated "not sure what you mean"

Kazimir copied her rolling and twisting motions, though his were a little exagerated. "The this. What is it? You are broken? That I cannot fix."

She smiled and stood up right again "oh it's nothing..just a little sore" it wasn't entirely a lie but she didn't know him yet

"Such a pity," Kazimir pouted, his brow drawn in genuine concern. "Poor thing. It is no fun to be sour!" He turned then, distracted by a tiny woodworm. "Oh! Hello, friend." He picked the worm up and carefully put it in the grass. "We were supposed to fix something, yes? Where shall we start?"

Spectra smiled patiently, wondering if perhaps he wasn't mentally all there. "Why not start with these broken ones" she indicated the broken boards again

"Yes, I can fix these," he said cheerfully. He looked around and picked a few of the longest strands of grass. Patiently and methodically, he wrapped the grasses around the broken boards or managed to paste them onto the boards he couldn't wrap. He hummed happily, the songs jumbling cheerfully together in a lyrical mess. When he finished the boards, he started tapping them lightly with his fingertips as he worked from one end to the other, tapping steadily all the way. When he finished, he stepped back, took a deep breath, then blew a kiss at the cart. There was a soft creaking noise, then all was silent.

"All done!" he said happily. Idly, he picked off a couple of pieces of grass. "Except the grass. I think some of it is stuck in the wood now."

Spectra smiled "just adds a little extra charm to it that's all" she smiled "thank you Kaz, Vlad should be very pleased and littlr Star too"

"Kaz and Vlad, these are fun names," Kazimir grinned. "I like them very much. I can fix a couple of these eaten boards, but not all. Shall I do that next?"

Spectra smiled "that would be wonderful if you could" she said.

Mimic came over then "what are you two doing?" He put a hand on Spectras shoulder, she winced again and ducked out from under his hand, Mimic blinked but said nothing about it just glanced at his hand

"Fixing and patching and giving the little pet some love," Kazimir smiled. Then he reached out and expertly plucked three hairs from Mimic's head. "There! Thank you." He turned from Mimic and started repeating what he'd done with the other broken boards but this time with Mimic's hair.

Mimic rubbed his head and raised a brow "for That Star kid?" He glanced at Spectra. She nodded "yes, Kaz here is quite good at fixing things" she said "and Kaz is?"

Spectra smiled "Vlads brother"

Kazimir finished his work with another kiss and a wink then turned to Mimic and smiled brilliantly. "Hello! I am Kazimir! This pretty lady asked me to help with the wagon, so I did what I can, but who are you, lovely sir?"

"Mimic" he answered with an amused smirk "I think the cook has finished with the food Spectra..we should head over before the good stuffs gone" he prompted "nice to meet you" he added to Kaz with a nod

"Mimic! It is so good to meet you!" Kazimir cheered, ignoring the part about the food. He stepped forward and threw his arms around Mimic in a friendly hug then kissed both cheeks.

Mimic stood there and blinked awkwardly "uh....yeah nice to uh..meet you"

Spectra giggled a little "why don't you join us for lunch Kaz"

Kaz released Mimic and smiled at Spectra. "Thank you, but I think I am joining Vladimir."

Right on cue, Vlad called out from across the lot of wagons. "Kazimir! What did I tell you about hugging?" He approached the others, frowning at Kazimir, who smiled at him like a red-headed sunbeam.

Back