Conley Brothers

"Yes..just trust me" she said seriously.

Camilla and Mimic were crossing the clearing towards them

Vlad went to meet them. "I am so sorry to have worried you! It is nothing to be concerned about after all. I completely overreacted. It's my fault for letting my brother disturb me so," he sighed.

"Are you...quite sure?" Camilla asked, glancing past him to the wagon "it can't hurt to have me look at whatever it is anyway..."

"She is annoyed with me for making a fuss about it as it is," Vlad sighed. "Please, it will only make things worse if you come, and I intend to spend some time apologizing profusely to her."

Camilla hesitated but nodded, trusting Vlad wouldn't lie to her "alright...if you sure but...If you change your mind..you know where...." she stopped when Felix laid a heavy hand on her shoulder "Camilla dear. We need to have a little chat" he said though his eyes flicked to Vlad briefly with just as brief a frown. He did not want his sister around him anymore

Vlad smiled at Camilla, not bothering to glance at Felix. "Thank you for your willingness to help. I must hurry so I can rejoin the boys for lunch." He nodded to Mimic, Camilla, and Felix before heading back to the trailer.

Felix steared Camilla away before she could object

Mimic frowned and watched after him. Unsure if he should follow or not.

Spectra was waiting for Vlad to return, still inside Mimics wagon, she had folded down one of the benches to sit on

Vlad tapped on the doorframe then stepped inside. "So. What is all this about?" he asked, closing the door behind himself.

~~

Kazimir and the twins had gotten distracted from their lunch and we're out playing with the unicorns.

Spectra sighed before she turned around on the bench and pulled her shirt over her head, keeping her chest covered but exposing her back that would be perfectly flawless like the rest of her save for to red sores along her shoulder blades, both marks identical but not actual wounds. Raised scareing that was simply severely agitated. "Felix did this...years ago....it just acts up now and again..."

"It's quite simple....I was a threat to him...without my wings...much of my power is gone and....I am reduced to this" she explained. She always seemed so happy and upbeat "he knows my true name...until he is dead I am bound to do his will"

"I did wonder why you of all people stuck around, but I have learned it is best not to ask," Vlad said. He started to rise. "Perhaps some ice?"

Spectra sighed and pulled her shirt back down before turning to look at him "I was foolish and trusted Felix....please...tell no one...not even Mimic knows I am a fairy"

Vlad sat back down and reached out to touch her hand. "I promise that I will never purposefully do anything to harm you. Your secrets are yours to share, not mine. Just know I am here if you wish to talk."

"Thank you Vlad...." she said softly. It was strange to see her like this, always so happy and flirty but she was a prisoner here, not even allowed to fully be herself "if you can find some ice..that would be nice" she said, returning to his offer

Vlad patted her had very gently then stood and rooted around a bit. After a moment, he found some ice and brought it to her. "Here we are!" He hesitated, glancing out the window, then sighed. "I am afraid I have to leave in a moment. I cannot leave the twins alone with Kazimir for too long."

Spectra nodded "that's alright...you've done plenty...I'm..sorry if I worried you" she accepted the ice and used a bit of magic to hold it in place against her back

Vlad smiled faintly. "You are worth worrying about." He rose and moved to the door. "I was wondering if perhaps you would like to ride with us after lunch? I could use your help in distracting either the twins or Kazimir or all three."

Spectra smiled "be happy to" she said "I think the twins would be happy for it. And to be honest. I could use the distraction myself"

"And Kazimir is nothing if not a distraction," Vlad sighed. He smiled again and opened the door. "I will see you after lunch, then." He stepped out and carefully closed the door behind himself.

Back