Conley Brothers

Her shoulders fell "no...I don't think so" she said "It's for his own good I stay away" she frowned

Kazimir studied her for a moment longer and shook his head. "I do not know how it could benefit anyone for a pretty and kind lady such as yourself to keep away, but I shall tell him." He sighed and started after the twins. Vlad was not going to lime this. Kazimir just hope he wouldn't blame him!

Camilla sighed and watched him go before going back into her wagon, just abandoning the food entirely

A fee minutes later, Leon passed by on his way to prepare his wagon. They would be leaving very shortly, and he looked forward to it! Then he spotted the plate of food at Camille's doorstep and frowned. Turning away from his original destination, he went up to her door and knocked.

Camilla sighed "I'm not to be around Vlad anymore. If I'm seen with him again Felix will send him away....seems I can't even have friends"

Leon's face darkened. "You can have friends. I wouldn't trust Vlad's brother any further than I could throw him, but I trust Vlad. Be his friend." He turned and walked away toward Felix' wagon. "And be ready to leave in ten minutes!"

He arrived at Felix' trailer and knocked lightly on the door. "Felix?"

Felix opened the door and sighed "what Leon?" Felix was always a bit grumpy during travel. He didn't like sitting around doing nothing all day well nothing but paperwork and suchlike

Leon waved a hand with a flourish. "For someone who so desperately wants to keep our dear, darling, vulnerable sister safe, as you should, you certainly are doing a fantastic job of driving her away."

Felox sighed "it's for her own good, she is getting far too friendly with Vladimir. I am protecting her"

"No, what you are doing is isolating her and making her feel depressed and lonely, meaning she'll be far more vulnerable when someone comes along who actually does have I'll intentions," Leon pointed out. "And it's Vlad for magic's sake! He's been here for years and is as nonthreatening as a fully equipped male could possibly be!" Leon paused. "At least I think he's equipped. I have wondered from time to time considering he never gives Spectra a second glance no matter how little she's wearing." He rallied again. "Which makes him that much safer! Look, the point is, Camilla needs at least one friend. If you cannot find it in yourself to trust she has even the tiniest bit of discernment in these matters, then you are going to have to provide her a friend before she goes looking places neither of us would approve."

Felix dragged a hand down his face "and what happens when he learns what she is? She's going to get her heart broken" he said "that's what I'm saving her from. Or have you forgotten?"

"And who's to say hell ever find out?" Leon challenged. "Look, I want to protect her, too, and part of protecting her means looking out for her social well-being, meaning she needs a friend. I don't care if it's Vlad, someone you bring in, or if you dress Keith in a hat and shoes and tell him to be friends or you'll be cross with him, she needs a friend! And since you can't trust her to pick her own, I guess you created another job for yourself." He smirked. "Unless you'd like me to pick her friend for her? I do know a few very nice and very reasonably priced ladies who would be delighted to be her friend!"

Felix frowned but sighed "not having one of your whores be her friend" he said " you do make a good point about Vlad but I want you keeping an eye on the situation. I've enough to handle already"

Pleased, Leon gave him a fancy salute. "Sister guardian and chaperone reporting for duty! I will keep my eye on them." He paused then added seriously, "But since you made her cry, you get to tell her about Vlad and aplogize. You know how I hate when she cries!"

"I'll give her the news but I don't apologize" he checked his watch "make sure all the wagons are ready" he said before stepping down and heading back to talk to Camilla

"Of course, Arthurs never say sorry for anything," Leon said cheerfully, then all but dashed away before his brother could disintegrate him for his last barb. "Time to move out! Come along, everyone!"

Felix glared after him but went to talk to Camilla rather than bothering about it.

Spectra slipped away from Mimics wagon, wearing one of his shirts to better cover herself. Getting new clothes was on her to do list.

"Vlad!" She called as she got closer to his wagon

Vlad looked over from hitching up the wagon and smiled. "Spectra, you look lovely in your new outfit," he greeted.

The twins came around from the other side of the wagon and ran to hug her. "Spectra!"

Back