Conley Brothers

She nodded and said nothing else. Mimic was outside when he came out "she alright? Never seen her like that before"

Vlad nodded. "She's fine." He hesitated a moment before admitting, "As it turns out, it is an old wound that has a difficult story. She did not wish to talk about it and was mostly upset that I had brought it up. I think it would be best if we not speak of it again unless she brings it up."

Mimic nodded "if you say so..." he said "I'll go fetch her some good and let her rest until we leave then.."

Mimic just gave a nod and headed off to get her some food. Still not sure what was going on but he would respect her privacy

Vladimir went to coral his young charges as well as his not so young charge. Kazimir had gotten Tim and Tam all wound up now, and they squirmed every which way as Vlad tried to get them to settle down. For being teenagers, they were acting more like toddlers, and Vlad could not help but blame his brother for all this. A sour note in his stomach spoiled lunch, but he did his best to keep going and keep a smile on his face. After lunch, he shooed them off to go play while he cleaned up and put a portion of food aside for Star when he was ready.

The twins each took one of Kazimir's hands and led him toward Camilla's trailer. "We have someone you should meet!"
"Someone very special."
"They are shy, so we must be quiet."
"Be still and soft or they will be scared."

Kazimir nodded seriously as he followed Tim and Tam. "I will be as careful and quiet as I can be!" he promised.

Camilla was sitting on the step poking at her plate of food but not seeming interested at all in it, Felix had just left her.

The twins scampered up to Camilla eagerly. "Miss Camilla! Miss Camilla! Can we please introduce Kazimir to Claudius? Please?" they pleaded.

Kazimir stood back, watching Camilla with interest.

"I don't know boys..." Camilla said and glanced towards the cage "let me ask him" she set her food aside before she stood up and went over to the tarp and lifted the corner "Claudius?"

Claudius woke from his light doze and shifted around to eye Camilla. He didn't speak, but his head tilted slightly to show he was listening.

"Time and tam want to introduce you to someone" she said "are you up for a visit?" She asked him "you can say no"

"It's up to you Claudius" she said "he seems like a nice person but I don't know him" she explained

Claudius grunted and turned away. "I do not want to. I will if Starnacht likes him." He trusted Star's opinion, and if Camilla already stated she didn't know him, then he knew he couldn't trust her opinion on this person. If he didn't have to, if she didn't want him to, then he had no desire to meet this new person.

She nodded "alright" she offered him a small smile "I will tell them. We'll be rolling out again soon" she said before putting the tarp back down and going back to the twins.

"Claudius isn't up for a visitor right now. Maybe another time..."

Their shoulders sagged unhappily. "Oh... But... later maybe we can?"

"Come, come, it must almost be time to leave!" Kazimir said cheerfully. "I bet I can beat you back!"

Thoroughly distracted, the twins bolted, laughing merrily.

Kazimir didn't run off. Instead, he turned to Camilla and tipped his head. "Miss... Camilla," he said slowly. "I am a stranger, but I see you are distressed. Might I help you?"

She smiled faintly "that's very kind but afraid there is nothing you can do" she said "just...tell Vlad I'm sorry for me..."

Back