Conley Brothers

Spectra had wondered off to visit with with some of the others.

Not far off Adanya was wondering around walking with a pair of lions and a smaller cat draped around her shoulders, mostly sticking to herself but eyeing everyone else

"I am not sure, but I will go and find her," Vlad said. He walked away, passing Adanya. He paused and gave a slight bow, smiling. "Good evening. Has Spectra passed this way?" he inquired, making certain not to get too close. He respected her boundaries.

Adanya nodded "visiting Ms Camilla" she pointed across the way. Her lions eyed him but did nothing

"Ah, I see now, thank you," Vlad said, dipping his head. He turned to go then hesitated. "Oh, yes, I should warn you." He turned back. "My brother is visiting, and he is not exactly... understanding of people's personal boundaries. If he comes to introduce himself, he may try to hug you. On his behalf, I deeply apologize and assure you, he means no harm in it."

Adanya glanced over towards his wagon "my cats were right then. Said they smelled someone new" she said before looking back at Vlad "I can't promise my cats will behave if he touches me" she warned "it's him you should warn not me"

"If warnings worked with him, I would," Vlad said dryly. "Please just do not kill him, that is all I ask." He nodded again and started to move away. "You should check on that creature Camilla has been looking after. He looks a lot better and even dared to leave the cage for a bit."

She gave a nod but glanced towards his little group, putting a hand on the lions head, feeling somethong strange stir inside her. She never cared to be invluded in the groups but as she watched them, she found a small desire to join them

Vlad continued on his way toward Spectra, his steps slowing a little. The last time they'd seen each other, he'd felt a strong warning from Felix to keep his distance from Camilla, but it wasn't Camilla he was going to see. It was Spectra. He did not want to get Camilla into trouble... still, he kept walking.

Kazimir dished out portions for everyone already there then looked up to see Adanya watching them. He sprang to his feet, smiling, and trotted over. "Hello!" he called as he approached. "I am Kazimir, brother to Vladimir. My! Your pretty cats! Such beautiful kitties!"

Adanya took a step back "my cat's are not tame" she told him "they are not nice" sje added as a warning even as she scratched its ear

Kazimir looked at her, startled. "Of course not," he said as if it was the most simple and obvious things. "Cats are never tame. Is any animal fully tame? Are humans?" He paused thoughtfully. "What does it mean to be tame? Only to not bite the hand that feeds you, yes?" He laughed at his own joke and smiled at Adanya. "You are not tame, either, no more than the pretty kitties."

Adanya didn't look it but the cat's picked up on her emotion, their tails twitched in agitation, ears pinning back "no I am not tame. No cages"

"Of course not!" Kazimir laughed, waving a hand. He didn't seem at all perturbed by the cat's reaction. "This is why we travel in wagons, yes? To be free! Not in four walls or in jobs. No cages at all."

She studied him a moment "yes. That is why" she agreed but didn't relax yet, glancing the way Vlad had gone

"Do you wish for food?" Kazimir offered politely. "There is much of it! I have not cooked all sausages, perhaps the pretty kitties want one?"

Kazimir looked at her in wide-eyed innocence. "Of course! Why would I not? You are friend, yes? Circus family! Well, Vladimir's family, but I wish to learn of everyone, and you are such a good spirit, of course I must know you."

Adanya hesitated glancimg towards them again "maybe...for a little...that boys like to snack" she said glancing at the lions again, they had calmed a little

Kazimir let out a squeak of glee and clapped his hands. "Snacks are delicious! Come, come! There is much for you to eat." He held out his hand almost as if he was going to take Adanya's hand then started walking back to the fire, still holding his hand back toward her, his smile wide and his eyes shining.

She didn't take the hand but she followed, as did the pair of lions walking on either side of her "we stay just for a few minutes"

"Of course! Of course!" Kazimir knelt by the fire and started dishing her up some food then gathering up a few of the uncooked sausages. Vladimir wouldn't mind, right?

The twins looked up in awe then smiled at Adanya. "Are you going to join us? And the cats?"

Back