Conley Brothers

Spectra smiled a little after Kaz before moving to help with the unicorns "Vlad...you doing alright?" She asked softly, not having had the chance to talk to him alone yet

Vlad nodded and tried to give Spectra a smile, but it was a little weaker than usual. "I am fine, thank you Spectra. I will be... In time."

Kazimir opened the wagon door and paused, staring at Starnacht. "Hello!"

She nodded a little "I'm here if you need me" she offered as she helped with one of the unicorns.

Star blinked "oh hi..." he said shifting back towards the bed again, a little nervously

Kazimir pointed toward the little stove. "I am here for the cooking, but I think outside over a fire instead of in here with this little tiny space, yes?" He smiled at Star in a friendly way.

He pulled up his shoulders a little "ok.." he said, whatever he thought was best, h3 knew next to nothing about cooking

Kazimir gave him a moment before coming in farther and starting to investigate the cupboards. "Your name is Starnacht, yes? And you are from Germany?"

Star nodded "da" he answered, watching him, unsure why Kaz made him so uneasy, he crawled back under the bed where he felt safe

Kazimir glanced at him with a smile as he worked. "I am from Russia, it is next door." He finished gathering items and moved toward the door. "I am sorry I frighten you, little Sternfanger. I am going now. I hope you will eat with us?"

He poked his head out a little and watched him "you know what am?" He asked quietly, his light eyes fixed on Kaz

"A little," Kaz said, pausing at the door. "I met one, but a bigger one, long time ago, but it was short meeting." He smiled faintly. "I am happy to see another one, and Vladimir is very fond of you. That must mean you are a very good little Sternfanger, indeed."

Star came out a little farther "long time ago you met one? How much long ago?" He asked, seeming fixate on this, he seemed tentatively hopeful

Kazimir thought back carefully. "Um... it was..." His brow furrowed as he tried to remember. He set down his ingredients and leaned against the wall. "One, two, three, four, five, six... I think it was six winters ago? Maybe seven? Eight at most."

"Oh" Star drew back once more "I think I last Sternfanger...." he fidgeted with the ends of his main of hair. Innocent and sweet but not without some pain and loneliness

Kazimir considered then crouched down. "I do not know if you are or are not," he said softly, "but Vladimir and I, we are last of our family, too. There are other... how you call them... 'Gypsies,' but very few. We are the last of our family and nearly the last of our kind."

Star watched him but didn't draw back again this time. "To be last is sad thing" he rubbed his own arm as if remembering the touch of family. "Vlad is kind to make me not alone now but...still alone" he looked down at his black hands

Kazimir smiled gently. "To be with someone who loves you and who you love... you are never alone. Not really. I know you are different, but that means you are just like the rest of us. Different and amazing."

Last edited:
Star looked back up at him "how you know when someone love you?" He asked, tilting his head to the side curiously "Vlad is kind but do he love me?"

"Hmm," Kazimir tapped his chin. "I think you know that someone loves you when they go out of their way to help you. Maybe not all the time, but they consistently try to think of you before them, and if you tell them you do not like something, like... being made to wear a red shirt, they do not try to make you wear a red shirt. Unless there are no other shirts and it is freezing outside, or maybe they forget once or twice. These are little things, merely examples."

Star smiled a little at his explanation. It made sense to him so he nodded a little "you going to stay too? Maybe make new family with us and twins and Vlad...all big family yes?"

Kazimir hesitated. "Maybe," he admitted. "I would like to, but I know I annoy Vlad. He loves me, but I make him... tired." He smiled and tapped his temple. "Sometimes, my mind does not always work right and I make big messes that he has to clean up. That is very tiring for a little brother to do while the parents laugh. Maybe you do not understand this, and if you do not, I am glad."

Back