Conley Brothers

Star bit his lip, seeing how Claudius was reacting. He felt guilty, having assured him Kaz was good and kind. "I think maybe that good enough visit?" He looked to Claudius for confirmation. Speaking up since Camilla was not around

Claudius didn't answer. He retreated into the cage and hid in the shadows, growling softly.

"Yes, that is enough," Vlad said. "Come along, boys."

The twins left reluctantly, looking from Vlad to the cage to Star and back to Vlad. "Why? Did we do something wrong?" They sounded small and humble, almost like Star at times.

Star climbed up the bars to unhook the tarp before he stepped into the corner of thr cage.

"I...am sorry... Kazmir I think is not all ok" he didn't know the right way to explain but even he could tell Kaz was different "I mean he is good but..not always understand what is ok to say"

Claudius still fumed a little, but he couldn't be mad at Starnacht. "It is not your fault," he said quietly, still not looking at Star. "If he is good to you... that is what matters."

"He is..more calm to me" he sighed "I feel badly....I thought he be calm to you too...I am wrong and sorry" he fidgeted with the ends of his hair, feeling like he had failed still

Claudius looked at Star finally. He reached out and nudged his shoulder very, very carefully with the knuckles of two fingers. "Not your fault," he said more firmly. "You can control no one but you. That is okay."

Star looked up when he felt the touch "but you trust me..." he said, still uncertain and scared he had spoiled their friendship "you are not mad?"

"You did not try to hurt me, and he did not try to hurt me. He was just... rude" Claudius settled on. "It was a mistake. Friendships allow for mistakes."

He nodded a little and offered a small smile "I never try to hurt ever" he promised "but...I am young I know and make mistakes...thank you for knowing I mean not to hurt"

He glanced out "not family..my family gone" he stood up again "I visit soon again yes?" He asked hopefully

"Yes, you visit soon, and you have a family. Vlad is your family," he pointed out. Then he started for his nest. "Be well."

He smiled a little "yes Vlad is family now" he agreed "maybe twins soon too" he said before he climbed down "see you tomorrow" he smiled then slipped off

Vlad had gone on ahead with his brother, but the twins were waiting not far off for Star. "Is he okay? Did we hurt him? Did we do something wrong?" They asked anxiously.

"He is ok" he answered "he is just...very shy...I think Kaz being so...mmm what is word....bold? ..." he wasn't sure what he was looking for

He nodded "yes like that. Nothing wrong just...yes shy is all. Take him more time to adjust to being with people"

Star ahook his head "no no. You did no thing wrong" he said "I am only sad for Claudius, it is hard for him and makes me sad " he tried to explain

"Oh. Can we... help?" Tam asked hesitantly while Tim watched. They'd never really offered to help anyone before. They were happy enough to give aid when asked, but never offered.

Back