Conley Brothers

"schlechte Dinge in der Nacht" he slipped into German again. He pointed back towards Adanyas wagon "Vlad is need you there" he remembered to speak English that time but was struggling to form the proper sentence "Eile!"

"Oh, Vlad? Vladimir is in trouble?" Kazimir said, coming awake. "Okay! I will go to him!" He grabbed a heavy stick to use as a weapon if he needed and dashed out the door toward the wagon.

Star let him go then went quickly to fetch Camilla.

Adanya and Chib looked about the same, both unconcious and breathing slow. With them out it was hard to say who was worse off

Vlad propped them up slightly in hopes it would help them breathe. Kaz arrived as the glitter was starting to lose its sparkle.

"You never could hold the shine for long," Kazimir said with a smile before he reached into his own pocket and tossed up a handful of glitter. It shown bright, hanging in the air as Vlad's had, but seemed to shine even brighter.

Adanya was totally limp, dead weight and unresponsive.

Chib groaned a bit, though did not otherwise react to being moved.

It was only a couple moments before Star brought a rather confused and worried Camilla to the edge of the light.

Her hair in a messy braid from sleeping on it and wearing a sill robe over her night dress.

"Vlad? What's happened?" She hurried forward and knelt near Chib and Adanya

"I have no idea. Star found him like this," Vlad said. "I can't tell what is wrong with them."

Kazimir stood off to the side, vigilantly keeping watch. For once, he was not getting distracted.

Camilla nodded and placed her hand on Adanya and closed her eyes to try and sense what was wrong, her brow creased in concentration, her hand glowing faintly "she is..touched with darkness" she said without opening her eyes.

She didn't realize it but het glamour started flickering, showing her horns and goat feet

Vlad looked up, about to say something. He hesitated. "Camilla," he said uncertainly, "I think you need to stop." He wasn't sure he believed his eyes. Was this something the "darkness" was doing? Or was it a glaour being disrupted? He didn't want to make any conclussions yet.

She opened her eyes and pulled her hand back, the glamour safely back in place though a little blood trickled from her nose "I'm alright" she assured him "I think she is ok too..the darkness isn't attached...it will fade I think..but we should get them inside"

Vlad didn't know what he'd seen, though he did have a very good guess. Half of his business was glamours, after all. This was not the time to ask, so he simply said, "You are bleeding. That does not look alright to me." Then he turned away. "Kazimir, help me, please."

Kaz nodded and came over to help him lift Adanya.

Camilla reached up and touched thr blood on her face, she hadn't noticed it.

Frowning a little she tried to stand but found much more of her energy had been drained than she thought so ended up sitting on the ground holding her head

Vlad and Kazimir got Adanya into the wagon and laying down. Upon their return, Vlad spotted Camilla and went straight to her.

"Camilla, what is wrong?" he asked, laying a hand on her shoulder.

She shook her head "Just a little more drained then I expected. I'm alright" she assured him again "help Chib" she nodded to him and offered Vlad a small smile to assure him all was well

Vlad eyed her, clearly unconvinced, but he lifted Chib with Kazimir's help and carried him into the trailer. He left Kazimir in sitting between them to look after them as he came out and knelt next to Camilla. "Your turn. Shall I help you to your trailer or fetch one of your brothers?"

"Help me get back" she said softly, sure she could not stand on her own still "then we must tell my brothers someome has attacked"

Vlad nodded. "Kazimir will stay with Adanya and Chibi for now." He really hoped his brother would actually stay in the wagon and do his job. "Star, come stay close, please." He put Camilla's arm around his shoulders and gently lifted her to her feet, walking slowly toward her wagon. "One step at a time," he said softly. "One at a time, that is all."

Camilla leaned heavily into him as they walked, focusing on staying upright so said nothing until they got closer "Leon..take me to him..." they needed to get word to him and Felix about the attack as soon as possible.

Star stayed close at Vladd heels, glancing nervously around

Vlad glanced back at Star occassionally to make sure the little one was safe with him. "Alright, straight to Leon," he promised, helping her along.

Leon's trailer was not far, thankfully. Vlad pounded on the door until the sleepy man finally opened the door. "What?"

""Two people were attacked and Camilla overexerted herself," Vlad stated.

"Leon...It's like before...the dark thing...it feels the same" she said between breaths "I can feel it still..." her nose had started bleeding again, the glamour flickered again.

Once, when she had been quite young she had been attacked though at the time she hadn't recognized it as such. Not really. "The dark one" as she had named him then, had drained a lot of her magic and left her unconcious for three days. It was shortly after that when Felix had come up with the idea for a circus

Leon froze for only a second before pulling Camilla to him and holding her close. "You two, you go get Felix!" he snapped at Vlad and Star. He drew Camilla into his arms and guided her into his wagon.

Vlad nodded and stepped back. He put a hand on Star's shoulder as he walked. "You did well tonight," he said softly. "Thank you."

Back