Conley Brothers

"She's touched with darkness..I need to pull it out of her" what he was talking about was some pretty dark magic.

"Guard the door. No one is to come in" he said without looking over

Leon frowned, true concern for his brother clouding his usual glow. "Felix... are you sure?" he asked softly. "I'll do what you need... but I'd like you to walk out of this wagon."

"I'll be fine" Felix assured him "but I must act quickly or she will succumb" he said, glancing over "close the door. Guard it"

Leon nodded and closed the door, latching it securely before he turned his back on it.

Keith came gliding up and looked at him with vague curiosity. Then he sat on the ground and waited patiently.

~

Meanwhile, Vlad and Kazimir reached Camilla's wagon, and Vlad knocked hard and loud. "Camilla! Open up, please!" he called urgently.

Camilla didn't answer but they heard her coughing followed by glass crashing to the floor and obvious sound of her falling and more coughing

"Camilla, we are coming in," Vlad warned her. He looked at Kazimir. "I do not suppose you still carry..."

Kaz brightened. "Fizzy it is!" He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small vial that looked completely unassuming. He unstoppered the cork and poured it over the hinges. It started fizzing violently, and in seconds, the hinges were gone. Kaz pulled the door open, and Vlad rushed in.

Camilla was on the floor amongst the broken dished and left over food from breakfast.
She was curled up on herself? A bloody handkerchief in her hand. Feet and horns fully visible

Vlad paused, taking in the sight. Then he took a deep breath and pushed forward. It didn't matter what she was. She was hurt. Badly. She was his frind. That was what mattered. He knelt on the floor and put his hand on her cheek. "Camilla? Can you hear me?"

Camilla nodded and tried to push herself up but her arm gave out under her "Vlad..I...don't feel so good.." she didn't look so god wither, pale, lips looking a bit blue

"Kazimir, go get Felix!" Vlad ordered. He was relieved when Kaz just nodded and ran out. He carefully started trying to get his arms around Camilla. "Easy does it. Let's get you to bed, shall we?"

Felix was still ar work with Adanya. Jsut getting close to the wagon they could feel the dark magic at work. Striker had moved back, pacing and yowling

---

Camilla didn't struggle, delicate and light as she was even in her true form

Kazimir got close then stopped, tensing at the feeling in the air. Leon and Keith noticed him, but before either could say a word, he spun on his heels and bolted back toward Camilla's wagon.

Vlad carefully laid Camilla on the bed and covered her with a blanket. "There we go," he said softly. "Rest here. Felix should be here soon. I am going to clean up a little, alright?" He turned and was just kneeling to pick up the food and broken plates when Kazimir burst through the door.

"I thought you leave behind!" Kazimir shouted, grabbing Vlad's shoulders roughly. "I thought leave Darkness behind!"

Vlad reached up to grasp Kazimir's forearms and tried to get him to let go, but Kaz wasn't budging. "What are you talking about?" he demanded in their native Romanian.

"The Dark Magic, it is here, and it is strong!" Kazimir growled, glaring at him. "Do not even think about trying to deny it! Of course you can feel it!"

"Yes, I can feel it, but I do not practice,"
Vlad insisted. "The main practitioner is Felix, the leader, and he is very good at hiding it. I did not realize what I was walking into until I'd already signed the damned contract. I have to stay, but if I have to stay, I try to warn others and to take care of them as best I can. A few listen, but most either do not care or are Charmed by him."

Kazimir frowned at Vlad. "Charmed? Surely he did not Charm you."

Vlad snorted derisively. "Of course it does not work on me, but I never told him that. I do as he asks or avoid him. I have only ever told him no once, and that was a very stressful time. There is no reason for him to know his Charms are useless on me or you. Be careful! You are not a part of his little group, so you are in danger."

Kazimir finally let Vlad go and turned away, grumbling. After a minute, he glanced at Camilla. "The Felix, he is trying to use Dark Magic to remove Dark Magic. It will not work. It will look like it is working, but that kind of deep, nasty, dark stuff, it cannot be budged by more dark."

Vlad shook his head. "I know. Darkness can only be dispelled by Light, but what do you expect me to do about it?" He'd accidentally slipped back to English, and he sounded so very tired.

Kazimir hesitated then reached out and drew Vlad into a hug. "We will learn."

Camilla of course could sense the tension and hear it in their tones. "Vlad..." she hesitated, look3d between rhem, she looked confused, almost scared "what's going on?"

"Your brother-" Kazimir began.

Vlad quickly inturupted him. "Will be along later. He is with Adanya right now. How do you feel?"

Camilla looked between them again, she was innocent in many ways but not stupid "Vlad..." she started then abruptly realized and put her hands up to her head, she migjt of blushed but she was srill looking pasty white and lifting her arms like that had only made her more faint.

Thr scarf wasn't there! They could see!

VLad instinctively reached out to her. "Easy! Easy. Please. Even moving your arms like that is too much. You need to rest and breathe. Breathe. Rest," he soothed.

She lowered her hands, seeming unsure what to say or how to act. He hadn't stared or run away so..that was something right? "Vlad...." she trailed off

"Yes, I am still here," Vlad said patiently.

Behind Vlad, Kazimir started cleaning up, muttering softly to himself in his native tongue.

"You're not....disgusted?" She asked quietly, seeming unsure still, more concerned about that then how she was feeling

Vlad paused, his brow furrowing. "I do not think anyone can look after children for very long without seeing a good deal more disgusting symptoms to illness than a bit of whiteness and and fainting spell. If you will recall that winter a couple of years ago when both twins had that nasty food poisoning incident?"

Back