Conley Brothers

She barely held it in long enough but soon as he gave it to her she vomited into it, a lot of blood at first then a long black thing covered in blood that writhed in the bottom of the bucket. Her innate magic had repelled the darkness on its own in this repulsive form. It left her panting and shaking

Vlad swallowed hard as he stared at the thing in the bucket, his own stomach churning for a different reason. "Well done," he said soothingly to Camilla, trying to hide his anxiety as he carefully set the bucket aside. He found a large, flat lid from something else - he wasn't sure and did not care what it went to - and set it on top of the bucket, trying to be casual as he then set the heaviest item he saw - a kettle - on top of that.

Camilla sank back into the pillows, still trembling and panting from the effprt of hacking the thing up. "What..was that?" She rasped

"That was..." Vlad couldn't think of a way to put it nicely, so he just admitted, "Basically a sludge of black magic. Very strong, powerful, dangerous stuff that nearly has a life of its own, but darkness cannot exist in light, and your innate magic, as well as the purity of your soul, is as light as they come, so it could not exist. Less powerful, and it may have just dissipated, but this was... something else."

Her tired eyes fell to the bucket again, her brow furrowed "Adanya..Chib..." she looked back up at him, of course her first thoughts were about others and not the fact this thing had been trying to kill her

"I don't know," Vlad admitted. "Felix was in with Adanya the last I saw, but Chib?" He shook his head. "I am sorry, Camilla." He did not have high hopes for their survival.

"They have to be ok.." she tried to sit up but didn't evem get an inch off then pillow. No energy left

She couldn't do otherwise if she tried anyway so she sighed and closed her eyes a moment "stay..until..I fall asleep?" She held her hand out a little again

She smiled faintly before letting her eye's close again. It really didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

-

Felix finally opened the door to Adanya's wagon. He looked sickly pale and gaunt and held a bucket "Keith" he spoke up, his voice a little raspy "dispose of this. Take it far out from here into the foothills. Burn it. All of it" he ordered

Vlad stayed with a little longer before making certain she was well tucked in and picking up the bucket. He slipped out silently and went to dispose of the thing inside.

~~

Keith took the bucket without a word and trotted off to do as asked.

Leon put a hand on Felix's shoulder to stabilize him. "You look terrible," he stated unhappily.

Felix nodded "I'm fine. Just need to rest" he said "we stay here tonight...help me back to my wagon he didn't often ask foe help. He must feel as bad as he looked

Leon nodded and turned toward Felix' wagon, moving slow as he supported his brother's weight. "I'll let everyone know that some kind of sickness seems to be hitting us and we're making sure it's not serious." He hesitated. "How is the tiger lady?"

"Good plan" he agreed, would keep people cautious too. "She will be fine. I removed the darkness that was trying to kill her" he said "rest and food high in iron will be best"

He shook his head "I don't know..I don't have the energy left to help him. It was one or the other" he frowned. So unless Chib could fight it off until Felix was well again...

"Greedy.." he answered simply "they are demanding more payments..." he frowned. Thr magic around him was usually powerful, almost tangible to those sensitive to it but now..all but gone. Probably be a few days to replenish himself

Leon huffed and started to say something, then for once bit his tongue. They reached Felix' wagon and he opened the door for his brother.

Back