Dispensations (god-like fantasy)

When you read through your first post and see just how many typos and spelling errors there are.

I really need to fix my iPad. Typing on my phone is just stupidly hard.

Name: Ludios
Domain: Goddess of Games and Luck
Appearance: A tall, spindly woman who typically wears a golden harlequin mask, that covers every inch of her face. The Mask of Ludios is considered an artifact of legend. Some legends say that wearing it grants you impossibly good luck. Others warn that this luck may be a curse to its wearer.
794ae4d0a762eb29215350e7d97fdaaf.jpg

Ludios herself is often depicted with golden skin, long, spikey golden hair and a monkey-like tail. Sometimes she is portrayed with four arms.
Motivations: Ludios is motivated mostly by fun and her irresistable drive for competition. She does not hate many of the other gods, even the most serious ones she would prefer to poke fun at than start a rivalry with. Even if she were to despise any one in particular, she would likely show it by challenging them to a large variety of games and aspiring to win. To Ludios, everything can be solved with a bit of fun. Do you have a crushing rivalry with someone? Resolve the conflict with a game of wit. Are you poor and need more money? Gamble. Do you want to get to know someone you like? Play some games with them! They will be in your pants before you know it! All this in consideration, Ludios is not concerned with getting things done. She only cares for doing things the fun way. It should be noted that she represents good sportsmanship as well and although she is cunning, she also highly dislikes cheaters and would refuse to cheat herself.
Strengths/powers:
  • Her biggest strength is by far her wit and her ability to manipulate and trick other people, even when there are a vast number of rules in place. In many ways, Ludios is best at bending rules to do what she wants with them, working around them until she emerges victorious.
  • Ludios is a master of disguising her real intents and hiding her emotions. In games of strategy, this is an exceptionally useful tool. As conceivable, it also has many other advantages.
  • She is considered extremely lucky, but it is difficult to pin down what this actually means or if she even is in the first place, to other gods and mortals who have encountered her. This could be in part because of her other ability to hide her intents, which would make it quite difficult to pin point if she was actually lucky or if she had bad luck. If she loses a gamble, for example, it may be because she wished for her opponent to win. How her luck affects games of strategy and wit is also quite uncertain, if it does at all.
  • Ludios can gain an extra pair of arms at will and have them disappear just as fast.
Weaknesses/flaws:
  • Ludios loves to play all too much and can be far too easy to convince into a challenge. Although it may seem like a large weakness, you should not be fooled. In almost any game, she is a formidable opponent. Some may even say the best in existance.
  • She lacks a lot of the battle capabilities that many of the other gods exhibit. Although it may be easy for her to curse a mortal for cheating, she might have difficulty if another god of equal or greater power does the same. Though cheating is certainly worthy of her spite, even though murder might not be.
  • Never cheats. Ever.

(i cannot think of many more weaknesses atm. i will add more if you think it is necessary)

Last edited:
Nice cs, porcelain, feel free to introduce yourself anywhere but the plains where bollduilk is. Me and greener are writing a collab there right now, so dont go there until we are done with that.

i have one more question
i have just been assuming it because it seemed to be the case
but do gods do things like change their shape and form at will?
because i did not really have any particular scale in mind for Ludios, and i am noticing that some gods are quite big

what i mean is
would ludios be able to change size without it being specified in her abilities?

i have one more question
i have just been assuming it because it seemed to be the case
but do gods do things like change their shape and form at will?
because i did not really have any particular scale in mind for Ludios, and i am noticing that some gods are quite big

what i mean is
would ludios be able to change size without it being specified in her abilities?
In the old AE gods could change their size at will, but to do something they tended to stick to their more ‘comfortable’ forms, which would be heir base sizes.

i could not find an ooc thread so i will just ask here
is anyone going to respond to my post or did i show up in the wrong place at the wrong time?

i do want to be clear that from what i have read, it seems that everyone except Sin and Bollduilk (and maybe Azmira, i am not sure where she is) would had witnessed Ludios' "birth", for the simple reason that it was essentially akin to a volcanic eruption
even if they did not see her coming out of the ground, they would know something is going on
because the ground probably would had rumbled, or they might had seen ash fly up into the air and possibly even block out the sun in some places

Sin, Bolduilk and Azmira might not notice because they could be too far away
but everyone else is in the forest or mountains
which is probably close enough to notice

Back