Hmph. There is a difference between respect and putting on airs, Captain. I appreciate the attempt.

"There's just no pleasing this guy..." Donald grumbled, slumping in his seat.

Oh, but perhaps there is. You see, I can lead you all right to where you need to go, and tell you the treasure I require. Well...no. I did say this would be difficult, did I not? Therefore, you only get one. Either a destination, or a treasure. Choose wisely, now...

@Jeremi @Lucky

Can never be that easy can it? Sam looked at the engine before talking into thin air. "Awfully considerate to give us a treasure, but that doesn't really help us help you, now does it?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Hahaha! It matters not to me, Captain. This is all a game to me, nothing more than a way to punish the hubris of mankind. I was quite comfortable in my domain until everyone decided they needed to tamper with my lair for profit!

"B-But we wanted to keep you from hurting anybody else!" Figment protested. "Find you a nice safe place where no one could get hurt like Hightower!"

Do you honestly think a fool like Hightower didn't receive his just desserts? I had been abducted by him from a tribe who knew how to handle me. He put out his damned cigars on me, kept me in some wooden crate...and this fowl immediately tries to do the same thing!

"I was wrapping you up as a present for my Uncle Scrooge!" Donald snapped. "But not even he could like a jerk like you! Now tell us where the treasure is so I can deal with you!!"

Hmph. Is that your choice, adventurers? To know the location, and find the treasure with your own ingenuity?

@Jeremi @Lucky

Hahaha! It matters not to me, Captain. This is all a game to me, nothing more than a way to punish the hubris of mankind. I was quite comfortable in my domain until everyone decided they needed to tamper with my lair for profit!

"B-But we wanted to keep you from hurting anybody else!" Figment protested. "Find you a nice safe place where no one could get hurt like Hightower!"

Do you honestly think a fool like Hightower didn't receive his just desserts? I had been abducted by him from a tribe who knew how to handle me. He put out his damned cigars on me, kept me in some wooden crate...and this fowl immediately tries to do the same thing!

"I was wrapping you up as a present for my Uncle Scrooge!" Donald snapped. "But not even he could like a jerk like you! Now tell us where the treasure is so I can deal with you!!"

Hmph. Is that your choice, adventurers? To know the location, and find the treasure with your own ingenuity?

@Jeremi @Lucky

"If this is just a game to you," Sam snapped. "Then let us do the work and stick with being the peanut gallery. We'll find this treasure with out your help."

@Yun Lee @Lucky

The second Sam made the call, the van roared to life, Dreamfinder jumping back as a surge of green electricity jumpstarted the machine. The GPS pointed out a particular destination for the group, and the bus itself started off towards it, as if on auto-pilot.

All you must do is take hold of the treasure, Shiriki Utundu said with a sinister chuckle. Then, once the second bird is found, you will move on to the final part of your trial.

Figment looked around the group, deciding now might be a good time for some morale boosting. "Hey, is anybody hungry? I can make some lunch for us all, if you want!"

@Jeremi @Lucky

The second Sam made the call, the van roared to life, Dreamfinder jumping back as a surge of green electricity jumpstarted the machine. The GPS pointed out a particular destination for the group, and the bus itself started off towards it, as if on auto-pilot.

All you must do is take hold of the treasure, Shiriki Utundu said with a sinister chuckle. Then, once the second bird is found, you will move on to the final part of your trial.

Figment looked around the group, deciding now might be a good time for some morale boosting. "Hey, is anybody hungry? I can make some lunch for us all, if you want!"

@Jeremi @Lucky

"I'm always hungry." Mirania spoke up from where she sat inspecting the bus, her tone partially joking. There didn't seem to be much of anything to inspect it looked like. Frowning softly she tilted her head for a moment.

"Thank you for asking anyway, Figment." She added with a soft smile. She remained quiet, letting everything process a moment. This was a lot for an ancient artifact with the personality of a rock, but as long as no one else was hurt by it after this? It'd be worth it.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi

@Jeremi @Lucky

Ugh, she hated that statue, but she wasn't going to let it egg her on. "Food does sound like a good idea right now," She replied as she looked up to the sky. "We need all the energy we can get to survive this place."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky

Velma Dinkley

" I do hope we made the right choice. I feel like there's a reason he gave us that option and I'm worried it's because there will be a lot of possible treasures at this location. I am fine with eating, as long as it isn't liverwurst and ice cream or have any images of clowns on it."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi

Velma Dinkley

" I do hope we made the right choice. I feel like there's a reason he gave us that option and I'm worried it's because there will be a lot of possible treasures at this location. I am fine with eating, as long as it isn't liverwurst and ice cream or have any images of clowns on it."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi

"Do you fear clowns?" Mirania asked. She had never heard of such a fear. It was a bit odd, but some fears just were.

"Liverwurst and...ice cream?" She muttered in confusion, bringing a hand to her chin. Liverwurst didn't sound so bad right now, actually. Ice cream just sounded like a block of frozen cream to her.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Everyone

Velma Dinkley

" Yeah, I really am afraid of clowns,"
she replied, shoverng at the memory of a clown who destroyed her 26 brand new encyclopedias. She looked over at her . " One of my friends has some weird tastes and that is one of the many things he likes to eat.that. Ice cream is kind of like frozen milk with some of them having flavors."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi

Velma Dinkley

" Yeah, I really am afraid of clowns,"
she replied, shoverng at the memory of a clown who destroyed her 26 brand new encyclopedias. She looked over at her . " One of my friends has some weird tastes and that is one of the many things he likes to eat.that. Ice cream is kind of like frozen milk with some of them having flavors."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi

"I don't believe I've ever met one, I usually fight large monsters and interacting with other people is rare." She explained. Mirania was sure she'd see them mostly during festivals, but she's usually more focused on things such as food.

"After this mission perhaps you could tell me of all of the different flavors." She suggested, eyes alight in joy at the thought of learning something new and learning about a different kind of treat.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Everyone

Last edited:
Velma Dinkley

" Well, then you are one of the lucky ones. Clowns can be some of the most terrifying monsters and worse than some of the worst people," she replied, shivering. Velma had concluded that all clowns were evil, no matter how funny they seemed.

Velma would smile. " Yeah, I can tell you about all of the different flavors that we have once this is all over and we stop that statue and save those birds," she replied, taking a deep breath and waiting to see what Figment offered to eat.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi

"Well, let's see! I can make us some w-wOAH!!!!"

The bus suddenly jolted to a stop, sending everyone crashing either into the seat before them or to the ground. "Waugh!!" Figment, having been floating near the windshield, flew through the glass. One near to it may have heard a SPLASH! as he did so.

"Ow..." Leaf groaned, slumped over the seat in front of her. "Are we here...?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi

Velma DInkley

Velma would look over as she flew out of her seat and would get out. " We probably should get our dragon friend as well," she said, going into the water to pick up the dragon for safety.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi

Outside their bus was still desert and dunes for miles, but it appeared that Shiriki Utundu had brought them all somewhere a bit cooler: an oasis.

e2f03b12-1abd-441d-bf50-d114ea9b020e.jpg

Green palm trees and clear water offered shade and refreshment in an area that, while hot, was still cooler than the rest of the desert. There appeared to be some stone ruins up ahead as well.

Figment seemed to be quite unbothered by the water, instead happy to float on his back. "Better than landing in the sand!"

Donald Duck wasted no time in getting something to drink, until he quickly brought his head up from the water. "What was that?!" Not waiting for anyone, he started running off for the ruins. When he was no longer making noise, one could hear guitar music from the area.

"Oh my! It appears we aren't alone..." Dreamfinder, having come out of the bus, directed everyone's attention to a little boat docked nearby. It was a one-person sailboat, with a large red S painted onto the sail.

@Jeremi @Lucky

Outside their bus was still desert and dunes for miles, but it appeared that Shiriki Utundu had brought them all somewhere a bit cooler: an oasis.

e2f03b12-1abd-441d-bf50-d114ea9b020e.jpg

Green palm trees and clear water offered shade and refreshment in an area that, while hot, was still cooler than the rest of the desert. There appeared to be some stone ruins up ahead as well.

Figment seemed to be quite unbothered by the water, instead happy to float on his back. "Better than landing in the sand!"

Donald Duck wasted no time in getting something to drink, until he quickly brought his head up from the water. "What was that?!" Not waiting for anyone, he started running off for the ruins. When he was no longer making noise, one could hear guitar music from the area.

"Oh my! It appears we aren't alone..." Dreamfinder, having come out of the bus, directed everyone's attention to a little boat docked nearby. It was a one-person sailboat, with a large red S painted onto the sail.

@Jeremi @Lucky

Making her way out of the bus and going to get a drink from the oasis, Mirania glanced up as Donald yelled and ran off, before glancing to the little boat Dreamfinder pointed out.

"Perhaps they're the ones making the noise by those ruins? It might be worth investigating, especially so we don't be separated for too long." She pondered aloud as she stood.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky

Last edited:
Sam stepped out of the bus hoping for at least a moments respite before the loud duck in the sailor suit ran away again. "Hold on we need to stick together! Great."

She started to make her way after Donald as she spoke to Mirania. "Right now the only ones we have are each other. The bad guy has all the cards and I'm not ready to hand off our winnings just yet."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky

Velma Dinkley

" Judging by the way that Donald is acting, I imagine that the person who owns this boat is another one of the ducks that we need to find.... though, that doesn't help us in finding the treasure, though I guess the ruins as good as a place to start." She would follow the others to see who was on the boat.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi

Back