"Just as long as I don't get stuffed in a suitcase again, that's fine by me!" Tina said.

The four mannequins each held a book in hand, and looking at each cover you'd find four unique titles:

New Year's Nightmare: The Unsolved Disappearance of Harrison Hightower III

Rich Culture by the River: The Indigenous Tribes of the Congo

Curse Etiquette: Rules and Guides to Prevent Being Cursed

From Horseshoes to Table Salt: Encyclopedia of Superstitions

"They all look legit..." Leaf said. "How do we know which one is the one Shiriki Utundu wants us to get?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

"That's the question," Sam replied lulling it over. "Sorry miss, is it possible to flip through them real quick?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Velma Dinkley

" Even the titles aren't helpful as these all relate back to the statue that sent us on this quest. Flipping through them might help/"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

"I suppose if you must...it wouldn't be very fair otherwise, hm?" A quick look through the books would give a bit more of an idea of what truly lay within:

The first book was modern, focusing on Hightower's hotel and the night of his disappearance, offering various theories on what happened that fateful night. There was one chapter related to Shiriki Utundu, but treated the curse as nothing more short of coincidence.

The second book was a historical recounting of the indigenous people of the Congo, each chapter dedicated to a specific tribe. The tribes brought up by Westmore during the mission briefing were also there.

The third book went into detail on various curses from around the world, divided into sections based on curses from different things, from spells to cursed items. There's even a few detailed descriptions of infamous cursed objects here and there.

The fourth book is an encyclopedia of superstitions from around the world, from ancient ones to new. Nothing seems to be too detailed, as it is more of a log chronicling said superstitions.

@Jeremi @Lucky

"I suppose if you must...it wouldn't be very fair otherwise, hm?" A quick look through the books would give a bit more of an idea of what truly lay within:

The first book was modern, focusing on Hightower's hotel and the night of his disappearance, offering various theories on what happened that fateful night. There was one chapter related to Shiriki Utundu, but treated the curse as nothing more short of coincidence.

The second book was a historical recounting of the indigenous people of the Congo, each chapter dedicated to a specific tribe. The tribes brought up by Westmore during the mission briefing were also there.

The third book went into detail on various curses from around the world, divided into sections based on curses from different things, from spells to cursed items. There's even a few detailed descriptions of infamous cursed objects here and there.

The fourth book is an encyclopedia of superstitions from around the world, from ancient ones to new. Nothing seems to be too detailed, as it is more of a log chronicling said superstitions.

@Jeremi @Lucky

Sam looked through the books. She still wasn’t quite sure which one that might be the one, but she stopped and hovered over the third book for a bit. “What do you think Velma?” She asked her bespectacled compatriot. “I know the first book brought up some stuff about our…friend, but if I was a cursed object I wouldn’t want others to potentially know more about me.”

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Velma Dinkley

" I think it might be the third book. Highmore mentioned some of the tribes in the book back in the briefing. I was paying attention unlike some of our members who may have missed it. He told us we would know it when we saw it. While the others are the supernatural, the third one isn't. Doesn't that strike you as a little odd? The odd one out is more likely what we need."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everyone

"I dunno...we gotta be careful about this..." Leaf shifted her weight uncomfortably, foddling with the strap on her bag. "I don't think you're wrong or anything! I just don't know. But you guys wanna go with the book about the Congo tribes, right?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

"I dunno...we gotta be careful about this..." Leaf shifted her weight uncomfortably, foddling with the strap on her bag. "I don't think you're wrong or anything! I just don't know. But you guys wanna go with the book about the Congo tribes, right?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

"I can't say it's one I'm fully supporting but at the same time I can't really point out any of the others either," Sam replied pondering their choices. "It's a good choice but I don't want to think about what that damn statue has planned if we bring it the wrong book."

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Chapter Two
"The Greatest Adventure"

"Ah, forget it! We'll never get out of here if we don't pick a book!" Leaf grabbed Rich Culture by the River and Talky Tina. "We're ready!"

The exchange was made, and the book was theirs. Holding it, Leaf looked around. "Hey, Shiriki! We got your dumb book! Now Give us the duck and let us go, you jerk?"

"'Jerk?'" The idol's voice echoed within the room making it shake. "You dare address me with such childish insults? Perhaps I should show you who you're dealing with!"

The elevator everyone else stood in began to tremble, and a loud SNAP sounded from above. "Everyone, get out!" Dreamfinder yelled, pushing the group out and barely getting out himself before the elevator fell to the bottom of the hotel. And that wasn't all, either. Green electricity circled the mannequins in the room, as well as the shopkeeper. Talky Tina's head rotated to behind her where she faced the group. Her eyes were now a glowing green

"My name is Talky Tina...and I'm going to kill you."

"Like Hell you will!" Caustic cried, grabbing one of his canisters.

"No, wait--" But before Dreamfinder could stop him, the man threw it at them all, melting the plastic creatures. Even the shopkeeper melted, turning out to have been a mannequin the entire time. Unfortunately, a toxic gas was no filling the room, which was no doubt up to the modern-day codes and would very quickly kill everyone if they didn't get out soon. Caustic's pin beeped, and the man was surrounded in a white light, which made him vanish as sparks flew. Guess Whitmore wasn't kidding about his zero tolerance policies.

"Everyone!" Figment yelled. "Quick! Into this elevator!" He had managed to open the other one, and it seemed the only place free of toxins. With no other options, it was the only place to go, and the door fortunately slammed shut before any poisonous gas could seep in.

Leaf caught her breath, leaning against the wall, but still held the book up. "Please be this one..."

"Luck is on your side, girl. That is indeed the book I desired. Turn to page 113, Diagram A. Perhaps you could learn something. Though does it matter? You failed to find the duck..."

"Guess again!" A unique voice called out. Turning to the corner, the group would find Donald Duck standing there proudly.

tenor.gif

"What?! But how--"

"I recognized that elevator from the video in the library!" Figment said. "I got it open while the girls were deciding what book to get!"

"Grrr...very well. I am a spirit of my word. You have all passed the first test. But be warned: the next will be even more challenging than the last!"

"Bring it on!" Donald yelled. "I'm rescuing my friends, then using you as kindling!"

"Hmph. Well then. Onto your next task..."

SNAP!

The cord to the elevator broke, and soon you were all free falling within the little room. It felt like ages as you fell, the time when you should have hit the ground passing by in seconds. Finally Shiriki freed you, and you all landed on...sand?

180910-making-rain-sahara-desert-feature.jpg

Once you gained your bearing, you would notice that you were now in a desert. In the middle of nowhere,

"Aw,phooey!" Donald, still on the ground, spat out a mouthful of sand, then rested his bill on his hand. "Where are we supposed to go now?"

Cast List

@Crow as Shockwave
@dark as Robert Langdon
@Donder172 as Ulfi Blackthorn
@Jeremi as Captain America
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@Sark as The Superior Iron Man
@Takumi as Mirania
@York as Thorn Harvestar​

Chapter Two
"The Greatest Adventure"

"Ah, forget it! We'll never get out of here if we don't pick a book!" Leaf grabbed Rich Culture by the River and Talky Tina. "We're ready!"

The exchange was made, and the book was theirs. Holding it, Leaf looked around. "Hey, Shiriki! We got your dumb book! Now Give us the duck and let us go, you jerk?"

"'Jerk?'" The idol's voice echoed within the room making it shake. "You dare address me with such childish insults? Perhaps I should show you who you're dealing with!"

The elevator everyone else stood in began to tremble, and a loud SNAP sounded from above. "Everyone, get out!" Dreamfinder yelled, pushing the group out and barely getting out himself before the elevator fell to the bottom of the hotel. And that wasn't all, either. Green electricity circled the mannequins in the room, as well as the shopkeeper. Talky Tina's head rotated to behind her where she faced the group. Her eyes were now a glowing green

"My name is Talky Tina...and I'm going to kill you."

"Like Hell you will!" Caustic cried, grabbing one of his canisters.

"No, wait--" But before Dreamfinder could stop him, the man threw it at them all, melting the plastic creatures. Even the shopkeeper melted, turning out to have been a mannequin the entire time. Unfortunately, a toxic gas was no filling the room, which was no doubt up to the modern-day codes and would very quickly kill everyone if they didn't get out soon. Caustic's pin beeped, and the man was surrounded in a white light, which made him vanish as sparks flew. Guess Whitmore wasn't kidding about his zero tolerance policies.

"Everyone!" Figment yelled. "Quick! Into this elevator!" He had managed to open the other one, and it seemed the only place free of toxins. With no other options, it was the only place to go, and the door fortunately slammed shut before any poisonous gas could seep in.

Leaf caught her breath, leaning against the wall, but still held the book up. "Please be this one..."

"Luck is on your side, girl. That is indeed the book I desired. Turn to page 113, Diagram A. Perhaps you could learn something. Though does it matter? You failed to find the duck..."

"Guess again!" A unique voice called out. Turning to the corner, the group would find Donald Duck standing there proudly.

tenor.gif

"What?! But how--"

"I recognized that elevator from the video in the library!" Figment said. "I got it open while the girls were deciding what book to get!"

"Grrr...very well. I am a spirit of my word. You have all passed the first test. But be warned: the next will be even more challenging than the last!"

"Bring it on!" Donald yelled. "I'm rescuing my friends, then using you as kindling!"

"Hmph. Well then. Onto your next task..."

SNAP!

The cord to the elevator broke, and soon you were all free falling within the little room. It felt like ages as you fell, the time when you should have hit the ground passing by in seconds. Finally Shiriki freed you, and you all landed on...sand?

180910-making-rain-sahara-desert-feature.jpg

Once you gained your bearing, you would notice that you were now in a desert. In the middle of nowhere,

"Aw,phooey!" Donald, still on the ground, spat out a mouthful of sand, then rested his bill on his hand. "Where are we supposed to go now?"

Cast List

@Crow as Shockwave
@dark as Robert Langdon
@Donder172 as Ulfi Blackthorn
@Jeremi as Captain America
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@Sark as The Superior Iron Man
@Takumi as Mirania
@York as Thorn Harvestar​

“To find some shade,” Sam replied putting her shield over her head to block most of the sun to reach her. “It’s suicide to stand around here for much longer, we need to find shelter and fast. So anyone got a good idea on which way to go? You got a GPS tracker or something, Figment?”

@Yun Lee @Everyone

"How about...a bus with a GPS system that will point us to...uh..." Figment paused. "Hey! Did Shiriki Utundu tell us where to go?"

"Not that I can think of..." Dreamfinder sighed. "This may be more problematic than originally anticipated." Either way, Figment was able to create a little bus, complete with a GPS system. "Perhaps we can think things over from inside?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Everyone​

Velma Dinkley

" It might prove to be useful if we think from inside the bus,"
she replied, climbing into the bus and thinking for a second. " Perhaps we should see if there are any landmarks and go from there?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everyone

"That's a good way to start!" The bus at least had air conditioning, which was certainly useful in this situation. As they all got on, Figment tried to turn on the GPS, while Dreamfinder began inspecting the bus controls. Leaf, meanwhile, took a seat and opened their book to the Shiriki Utundu chapter.

@Jeremi @Lucky

"That's a good way to start!" The bus at least had air conditioning, which was certainly useful in this situation. As they all got on, Figment tried to turn on the GPS, while Dreamfinder began inspecting the bus controls. Leaf, meanwhile, took a seat and opened their book to the Shiriki Utundu chapter.

@Jeremi @Lucky

This was more than Sam was expecting for to be honest. “Okay we should manage for a while at least.” She moved over to where Dreamfinder was looking over the controls to the bus. “Think you can get this bus running?”

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Everyone

Velma Dinkley

" So what exactly does the diagram that the statue gave us show us? Also, if I may ask, Mr, Duck, is there anything you can tell us about possible friends of yours that we might need to locate? The statue said there were three of you to find."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Everyone

Dreamfinder was looking over the bus. "Well...it is a typical bus, but I don't think I ever operated one before! Which could prove to be a problem..."

"Does it work, at least?" Figment asked. "Because the GPS doesn't..."

Leaf lifted the book to show Velma the page she was on. "Yeah, it has a list of rules about handling the Shiriki Utundu statue. Check it out!"

Those who possess the idol must follow a number of rules.

-Always treat it with respect.
-Do not have it close to fire.
-It must not be wrapped up, buried or confined in a small building.
-It must never be thrown or given away.

-Beware its eyes.

"My friends?" Donald tapped his beak. "Well, they're both birds like me, except one's a green parrot, and the other's a red rooster! The green one, Jose, he's always got his umbrella with him, and Panchito is always wearing a sombrero! You can't miss 'em!"

@Jeremi @Lucky

Dreamfinder was looking over the bus. "Well...it is a typical bus, but I don't think I ever operated one before! Which could prove to be a problem..."

"Does it work, at least?" Figment asked. "Because the GPS doesn't..."

Leaf lifted the book to show Velma the page she was on. "Yeah, it has a list of rules about handling the Shiriki Utundu statue. Check it out!"

Those who possess the idol must follow a number of rules.

-Always treat it with respect.
-Do not have it close to fire.
-It must not be wrapped up, buried or confined in a small building.
-It must never be thrown or given away.

-Beware its eyes.

"My friends?" Donald tapped his beak. "Well, they're both birds like me, except one's a green parrot, and the other's a red rooster! The green one, Jose, he's always got his umbrella with him, and Panchito is always wearing a sombrero! You can't miss 'em!"

@Jeremi @Lucky

Sam looked over the bus as Leaf recited from the book. "Can't say that hunk of wood has given us much reason to treat it with respect," She replied. And considering the bus. "Hold on." Sam once again headed outside tried to see if she could get a look at the engine of the bus. Just because you can conjure up a bus doesn't mean you actually know how a bus works after all.

@Yun Lee @Lucky

The bus seemed to have all the parts a bus should have, but the only thing wrong was that for whatever reason, it just wasn't working.

Let me guess...you need a bit of a jumpstart, do you? Shiriki Urundu chuckled menacingly.

@Jeremi @Lucky

The bus seemed to have all the parts a bus should have, but the only thing wrong was that for whatever reason, it just wasn't working.

Let me guess...you need a bit of a jumpstart, do you? Shiriki Urundu chuckled menacingly.

@Jeremi @Lucky

Sam rolled groaned mentally Shiriki Urundu made his presence felt. "It seems like it oh great and powerful Shiriki Urundu." The book did say that it enjoyed flattery so...

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Hmph. There is a difference between respect and putting on airs, Captain. I appreciate the attempt.

"There's just no pleasing this guy..." Donald grumbled, slumping in his seat.

Oh, but perhaps there is. You see, I can lead you all right to where you need to go, and tell you the treasure I require. Well...no. I did say this would be difficult, did I not? Therefore, you only get one. Either a destination, or a treasure. Choose wisely, now...

@Jeremi @Lucky

Velma Dinkley

" I do have to ask though. If you give us the treasure and not the destination, will the bus still be stuck?"
She asked, deciding it was the best approach

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Back