Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy was really proud of himself for being able to use his powers to combat Hela with a strategy he had used against his own suprervillain in the past. It seemed that across worlds, villains all seem to have the same problem, ego. He felt bad for the droid.

Billy smiled at her and took the high five. " It's the way I can use a stronger version of my super powers and....well..." he gestures to his adult form. " How I become this Avatar or back to my normal self. But yeah, it is a cool battle cry."

Billy took a moment to notice her glare and he noticed the way she was going. " Oh fuck no," Billy replied, using his super fast speed to catch Hela and using his super strength to tackle her to the ground and pin her " Any help would be great, I'm not sure how long I can hold her if this works."

@Crow @Takumi @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @Josh @Jeremi @Glostechk @York @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Donder172 @Atomic Knight

Last edited:
Suddenly, in the midst of the battle, a familiar voice rang into Fury's comm link, one belonging to none other than the leader of the Coalition herself, Kyoko Kirigiri.

kiri021.png

"Director Fury! I think I've found a way to tip the scales back in our favor!" She exclaimed; though her voice was directly addressing the eye-patched man, her words were open loud and clear for everyone in the group to hear.

"The Fuse that's empowering the droids, its power is being bolstered even further by some sort of communication frequency," the young woman began to explain urgently, not wasting a single breath as the battle raged on in the city, "But we may have a way of countering the frequency and disabling it!"

"We'll take whatever you got!" Fury said. "But how are you going to get a signal out? we don't have anything set up!"

"Preparations have already been completed!"

From the edges of the battlefield appeared identical young girls in school uniforms and tactical eyewear.

NiuWDy5.jpg

They were clones of Mikoto Misaka and small amounts of electricity bounced between them in preparation for the signal.

"Whatever your plan is, I'd be open to anything so long as it helps knock these cursed robots down a notch!" Riesbyfe chimed in idly, using her steel gauntlet to punch at one such powered droid with at least two tons of force behind her attack!

"Ready whenever you guys are then!" Clint yelled over the din of fighting.

A new voice then replaced Kyoko's on the comm link, this one male. "Just one thing!" Makoto Naegi said, sounding almost exhausted despite his urgency. "We can broadcast a counter-signal, but we're not sure we can produce something strong enough from here!"

"I've got just the girl," Natasha said. She fished out her cellphone and hit one of her emergency numbers, knowing she had secured this contact for times just like these.

Following S.H.I.E.L.D.'s battles with the group known as Umbrella, they had secured a number of assets that had been taken by the unscrupulous pharmaceutical company. In the old facility where Umbrella first housed the Tesseract and where a large number of victims had been pulled into a fight for their lives, there had been left behind one poor android girl.

Her name was Miku.

giphy.gif

"Hi, Miku! We need you!"

S.H.I.E.L.D. had sought to return the girl to her world but she had come to love the men and women who had rebuilt her and cared for her. She remembered her friends from the incident with Umbrella and decided her music should be shared with all kinds of worlds. She was an ally to S.H.I.E.L.D. but the group was not too sure if she would be too helpful to them. However, Natasha saw something special in the android girl.

Natasha knew she would do great things, she just needed to believe in herself.

When Miku's voice boomed overhead a few minutes later and started to drown out the sounds of fighting, the sound was also being sent as a signal across the battlefield, disturbing whatever communication was going on between the droids. The song was catchy and enchanting, filling the battlefield with renewed energy. The droids stopped glowing soon after and their lasers were less destructive. Hela's aura disappeared as well.

Natasha smiled broadly. She knew Miku could do it!

With Hela's aura gone, she could only block Reiner's attack through forming matter as fast as possible. She was still strong enough to take any amount of rubble to the face, but it was enough to give Carol a moment to run forward and punch the woman. Combined with Billy's, Bayonetta's, and Scrapper's added help, Hela was hit hard enough so that she went flying into the droids. Many of the droids broke apart or exploded, their various parts burying Hela beneath them.

Carol stepped up next to Billy and offered him a high five. "Is Shazam like, a battle cry or something? It sounds kind of cool."

Droid parts went flying as Hela got to her feet and glared at the group. Parts of her skin had turned a hideous darkened black. She looked to Fenris, who seemed more and more docile by the moment. "This is far from over!" she yelled, now making a run for Volt.

@Crow @Takumi @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @Josh @Jeremi @Glostechk @York @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Donder172

Hela found herself being chased by what appeared to be a panther. As it was close enough it leaped into the air revealing itself to be Bayonetta. "What's the hurry darling? Stick around for a moment." Above Hela a gigantic foot with high heels materialized ready to slam down on the Goddess of Hel.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

"I think I've got juice for the classics. Ouroboros, up for round two?"

The serpent stopped what it was doing and began to spin in circles around a dazed Hela after Bayonetta had stomped her.

"The power of a genius, beautiful girl alchemist... you will see it firsthand... ARS MAGNA!"

Ars Magna, in terms of raw damage, was a weaker version of Opus Magna, down to creating a black hole to crush Hela with heavy pressures, but Hela, in her weakened state, would likely take just as much damage compared to the prior Opus Magna in her strengthened state.

Ars Magna radiated certain auras that buffed allies up, charging their gagues so that they would be able to use their finishers once again should they have used it too early, or if they wanted to settle for their more standard moveset, boost the rate in which they would attack twice or even thrice where they would normally attack just once, with each strike being equally powerful.

uFCGw0F.png

"You all better not lose after this, because this is all the power I can give you, not that I'm expecting such an end!"

Indeed, Cagliostro's prior buffs that came in the form of boosts in attack, defense, dark elemental power and dark elemental critical hit rate, alongside healing over time, were still present among all allies, and it was likely that the debuffs inflicted on Hela were still present.

"... oh, my bad, I do have one more thing."

80px-Ability_Arcana_Evolution.png

Whatever Cagliostro cast upon all her allies would turn any attack Hela used on them into a light element attack.

"Lapis, I think this is the part where you can really shine!"

@Atomic Knight @Crow @Takumi @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @Josh @Jeremi @Glostechk @York @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Donder172

Last edited:
The droids were being kept at bay successfully thanks to Reiner, but they continued to get up, no matter how often he pummelled them. at the very least, his efforts kept the Hulk safe and kept the droids contained in order for James' mini-nuke to effectively hit a majority of the droids. The sheer power was enough to cause the street to crack and cars to go flying. S.H.E.I.L.D. would have to do some major clean-up. As the dust settled, it was clear the droids were still continuing their assault. It was clear that their defence was incredibly dense as even after the mini-nuke, they did not seem entirely damaged. Some looked stripped of their outer shells and paint but still continued forward.
"What the... what are these things made of?!" James said with many surprises to the seemingly inadequate damage dealt by the mini-nuke. He retreated with the former Hulk while switching to his plasma rifle and fired several rounds.

"Woah!" The former Hulk fell back as the droids made their attack, scuttling backwards to get to safety as his allies made their attacks. "Thanks for the rescue. I had no idea those droids were so powerful! What kind of alien tech is powering them? Maybe if I can get my hands on some of it..."
"Keep that for later. We need to find a way to destroy them. They're seemingly resistant to electronic magnetic pulses and small nuclear explosions." James said to the Hulk. "I got nothing stronger to throw at them.

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy wasn't even bothered by the amused look. " It's nice to meet you Carol, yeah, it kind of needs some work itself. I wish I would have thought of that name. Got that Captain part in one of my names, but it seems more fitting for you," he replied back to her. Before he would get behind the barrier. " Shazam." The lightning would turn him back to his teen form. Once he saw the ladies attack, he decided he would wait for an opening for Hela to be weakened so he can do what he wanted too. The shazam transformation while passing her. It was bound to hit if he did it right.

@Atomic Knight @York @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Crow @Gummi Bunnies[/USER

Suddenly, in the midst of the battle, a familiar voice rang into Fury's comm link, one belonging to none other than the leader of the Coalition herself, Kyoko Kirigiri.

kiri021.png

"Director Fury! I think I've found a way to tip the scales back in our favor!" She exclaimed; though her voice was directly addressing the eye-patched man, her words were open loud and clear for everyone in the group to hear.

"The Fuse that's empowering the droids, its power is being bolstered even further by some sort of communication frequency," the young woman began to explain urgently, not wasting a single breath as the battle raged on in the city, "But we may have a way of countering the frequency and disabling it!"

"We'll take whatever you got!" Fury said. "But how are you going to get a signal out? we don't have anything set up!"

From the edges of the battlefield appeared identical young girls in school uniforms and tactical eyewear.

NiuWDy5.jpg

They were clones of Mikoto Misaka and small amounts of electricity bounced between them in preparation for the signal.

"Whatever your plan is, I'd be open to anything so long as it helps knock these cursed robots down a notch!" Riesbyfe chimed in idly, using her steel gauntlet to punch at one such powered droid with at least two tons of force behind her attack!

A new voice then replaced Kyoko's on the comm link, this one male. "Just one thing!" Makoto Naegi said, sounding almost exhausted despite his urgency. "We can broadcast a counter-signal, but we're not sure we can produce something strong enough from here!"

"I've got just the girl," Natasha said. She fished out her cellphone and hit one of her emergency numbers, knowing she had secured this contact for times just like these.

Following S.H.I.E.L.D.'s battles with the group known as Umbrella, they had secured a number of assets that had been taken by the unscrupulous pharmaceutical company. In the old facility where Umbrella first housed the Tesseract and where a large number of victims had been pulled into a fight for their lives, there had been left behind one poor android girl.

Her name was Miku.

giphy.gif

"Hi, Miku! We need you!"

S.H.I.E.L.D. had sought to return the girl to her world but she had come to love the men and women who had rebuilt her and cared for her. She remembered her friends from the incident with Umbrella and decided her music should be shared with all kinds of worlds. She was an ally to S.H.I.E.L.D. but the group was not too sure if she would be too helpful to them. However, Natasha saw something special in the android girl.

When Miku's voice boomed overhead a few minutes later and started to drown out the sounds of fighting, the sound was also being sent as a signal across the battlefield, disturbing whatever communication was going on between the droids. The song was catchy and enchanting, filling the battlefield with renewed energy. The droids stopped glowing soon after and their lasers were less destructive. Hela's aura disappeared as well.

With Hela's aura gone, she could only block Reiner's attack through forming matter as fast as possible. She was still strong enough to take any amount of rubble to the face, but it was enough to give Carol a moment to run forward and punch the woman. Combined with Billy's, Bayonetta's, and Scrapper's added help, Hela was hit hard enough so that she went flying into the droids. Many of the droids broke apart or exploded, their various parts burying Hela beneath them.

Carol stepped up next to Billy and offered him a high five. "Is Shazam like, a battle cry or something? It sounds kind of cool."

Droid parts went flying as Hela got to her feet and glared at the group. Parts of her skin had turned a hideous darkened black. She looked to Fenris, who seemed more and more docile by the moment. "This is far from over!" she yelled, now making a run for Volt.

@Crow @Takumi @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @Josh @Jeremi @Glostechk @York @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Donder172
Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy was really proud of himself for being able to use his powers to combat Hela with a strategy he had used against his own suprervillain in the past. It seemed that across worlds, villains all seem to have the same problem, ego. He felt bad for the droid.

Billy smiled at her and took the high five. " It's the way I can use a stronger version of my super powers and....well..." he gestures to his adult form. " How I become this Avatar or back to my normal self. But yeah, it is a cool battle cry."

Billy took a moment to notice her glare and he noticed the way she was going. " Oh fuck no," Billy replied, using his super fast speed to catch Hela and using his super strength to tackle her to the ground and pin her " Any help would be great, I'm not sure how long I can hold her if this works."

@Crow @Takumi @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @Josh @Jeremi @Glostechk @York @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Donder172 @Atomic Knight
Hela found herself being chased by what appeared to be a panther. As it was close enough it leaped into the air revealing itself to be Bayonetta. "What's the hurry darling? Stick around for a moment." Above Hela a gigantic foot with high heels materialized ready to slam down on the Goddess of Hel.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone
"I think I've got juice for the classics. Ouroboros, up for round two?"

The serpent stopped what it was doing and began to spin in circles around a dazed Hela after Bayonetta had stomped her.

"The power of a genius, beautiful girl alchemist... you will see it firsthand... ARS MAGNA!"

Ars Magna, in terms of raw damage, was a weaker version of Opus Magna, down to creating a black hole to crush Hela with heavy pressures, but Hela, in her weakened state, would likely take just as much damage compared to the prior Opus Magna in her strengthened state.

Ars Magna radiated certain auras that buffed allies up, charging their gagues so that they would be able to use their finishers once again should they have used it too early, or if they wanted to settle for their more standard moveset, boost the rate in which they would attack twice or even thrice where they would normally attack just once, with each strike being equally powerful.

uFCGw0F.png

"You all better not lose after this, because this is all the power I can give you, not that I'm expecting such an end!"

Indeed, Cagliostro's prior buffs that came in the form of boosts in attack, defense, dark elemental power and dark elemental critical hit rate, alongside healing over time, were still present among all allies, and it was likely that the debuffs inflicted on Hela were still present.

"... oh, my bad, I do have one more thing."

80px-Ability_Arcana_Evolution.png

Whatever Cagliostro cast upon all her allies would turn any attack Hela used on them into a light element attack.

"Lapis, I think this is the part where you can really shine!"

@Atomic Knight @Crow @Takumi @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @Josh @Jeremi @Glostechk @York @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Donder172
"What the... what are these things made of?!" James said with many surprises to the seemingly inadequate damage dealt by the mini-nuke. He retreated with the former Hulk while switching to his plasma rifle and fired several rounds.

"Keep that for later. We need to find a way to destroy them. They're seemingly resistant to electronic magnetic pulses and small nuclear explosions." James said to the Hulk. "I got nothing stronger to throw at them.
Reiner Braun
@Crow @Takumi @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @Josh @Jeremi @Glostechk @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Donder172

"I always thought you were a stand-up guy. Someone who remained calm regardless of the situation. A guy who put his comrades ahead of himself..."

"And I..."

"To think at one time... I wished to be as strong as you someday."

The droids were slowly being taken care of thanks to the others fighting by his side, and the timely intervention of the Coalition. It was an... Interesting way to ensure victory, that's for sure, but the results spoke for themselves. But as soon as Reiner saw Hela lunge for the Great Spirit, he knew what to do, his attention instantly locking onto her as he prepared to intercept her

SlIHdxa.png

"Oh no you don't!" He thought.

His titan lunged forwards in order to obstruct Hela from reaching the great spirit, but he didn't let his guard down, feeling there might be something else the enemy had up their sleeve.

B2TifH6.png

He let out a thundrous roar, intending to ward off any other threats that might be coming towards the great spirit, keeping guard like a giant sentinel over the spirit, making sure Hela, and whatever else might be lurking within the enemy's ranks would never reach their target.​

Reimu nearly spaced out, after finishing her spell. It...did do something at least, but it was nothing compared to what happened next. In fact, she wasn't really even sure what had happened, it was all so fast, and all this signal, counter signals, electricity, clones...Reimu was a simple girl, who won with simple methods, that came down to simple faith. There was no need for complex, outside world technology in her ways. She closed her eyes, resting after her spell, and waiting for the song to end. The song, even if it was clearly sung by something artificial, was unrelentingly cheerful, and renewed her energy. It was like that songbird's songs, they affected people, and not just in a superficial emotional sense.

Reimu opened her eyes, with a rarely seen sense of determination in her eyes. Her eyes widened as she saw Hela running, for the very thing she was supposed to defend! Raising a spell card, Reimu disappeared, and reappeared in front of Hela, quite far away. Pointing her gohei, she hoped to catch Hela offguard, and shot a long, red purification needle right at her. Which....was probably debuffed by Cagliostro's buff more then anything.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Crow @Jeremi @Everyone​

Carol looked toward Billy, looking amused. "Call me Carol for now," she said. "Still working on names myself. You might want to workshop yours a bit, I'm not sure it sounds quite right. As for myself..." She turned then to Hela and spoke over her shoulder to Billy. "I was thinking Captain Marvel." She then jumped forward to deliver a punch to Hela, who responded quickly by throwing herself backward with a burst of energy. Hela avoided Wolf's first attack in this manner, but the dust and Carol's distraction allowed him to cut through the goddess' hand, severing it.

Hela growled as black matter grew from her arm to reform her hand. Her eyes wet dark, shining black as her aura pulsed to throw Wolf back into some of the debris from the concrete. Carol was pushed back but managed to stay on her feet. She nodded to Bayonetta. "You ready, then? Let's coordinate." Carol moved incredibly fast and appeared behind Hela. Her fists glowed as she readied an attack to join Bayonetta's next move. As Reimu's next attack forced Hela to throw up a barrier of swords in retaliation, Carol knew they had the perfect distraction.

"...!"

Before Wolf could celebrate finally inflicting damage upon the witch, he was thrown backward by a magical force. He wasn't able to stabilize himself due to being in the Ichimonji stance moments prior, and thus, he landed right onto the debris. He grunted in pain, but only for a moment, rising to his feet only seconds later. He poised his sword over his shoulder and contemplated what to do next.​

kiri021.png

Her name was Miku.

"Hi, Miku! We need you!"

Droid parts went flying as Hela got to her feet and glared at the group. Parts of her skin had turned a hideous darkened black. She looked to Fenris, who seemed more and more docile by the moment. "This is far from over!" she yelled, now making a run for Volt.​
Sekiro seemed relatively unphased and perhaps mildly confused at Miku's singing, but as Hela kicked off the ground and lunged at Volt, time slowed down for Wolf, and he used his Shinobi Hearing to drown out other sounds besides ones in Volt's immediate vicinity. He could hear each of Hela's individual footsteps along with his allies dashing to stop her, but his eyes darted around to observe if anything else was going for the Great Spirit. Reiner seemed to have been defending it rather well, but he knew that size was not always an advantage and could easily be exploited.

B5jbgiq.png

The shinobi stepped closer and poised himself to perform his finishing move, the Shadowrush, in order to kill either the weakened Hela (if she survives the other attacks) or anything else that may try to get close to Volt. He would take a large step back and put immense energy into a single, deadly stab, which went as far as to carry him forward a considerable distance. Upon impaling, he would use his sword, with the help of some Spirit Emblems, to lift himself into the air and follow up by tackling the enemy to the ground and stabbing them in the neck.

giphy.gif

Protecting Volt was of utmost importance. He'd risk his life to not disappoint the Divine Heir. Whatever happened next, no matter how dangerous it was, he would still charge into the fray and try to stop it.​

Last edited:
"Let's put this bitch to rest already. Not like she's got anything protectin' her after that stunt, right?"

Shirou didn't really understand what was going on with the whole singing thing, but he figured he didn't really need to. Figuring it out exactly could wait. For now, it was just a good opportunity. He moved quickly to cut Hela off from Volt, the chains coming from his hand reaching out to assist in keeping her from moving around. Whether or not that was successful didn't matter too much, it only needed to slow her down. Rather than trying to finish her there, he simply continued running to get between Hela and her target. She'd have to get there eventually after all, or die trying.

The gun in his left hand was cocked and ready to open fire, Shirou not hesitating to shoot if she made it past everything else.

@Atomic Knight @everyone​

Hela at first shrugged off Billy, then caused the ground to erupt behind her as she ran to interrupt Bayonetta. Hela didn't sway as Reimu's attack pierced her, causing red blood stained with black to shoot out of her. The wound healed rapidly with a black, metallic material that was now making up the majority of Hela's skin. This was followed by the shinobi's strike, who impaled Hela in the shoulder. She sneered at him as he leaped into the air and came down on her. Her hands were free to grab the sword by the blade as he tried to skewer her further. Blood leaked from her hands down the blade, and the woman still had enough strength in her to push the shinobi off of her.

As Hela staggered to her feet, she found chains wrapping around her, keeping her pinned steps away from Volt.

"Hela," Thor said, giving the woman a defiant glare. He stood before her, fists clenched. "If you really are my sister, then it is only fitting I end this." He reached out toward Volt and placed his hand on the orb of electrical energy that surrounded the Great Spirit. Hela watched as Thor began to take in electricity, his body becoming charged with the overwhelming energy. Crackles of blue bounced off his body and his eyes began to glow a brilliant blue.

yRFJgm9.gif

Hela only smiled. "This doesn't end with me."

Thor cried out in rage in response. Electricity poured out from him in a wave and enveloped Hela. She yelled out, but her cry dissipated as she was evaporated from the sheer power. The electricity exploded out from her body and went up into the sky to safely disappear.

"Hell of a mess this will be to clean up," Fury said.

Silence followed.

Chapter Three
"In Seventh Heaven"

The second assault by the Revanchist occurred in the city of Asgard, where the Great Spirit, Volt, had been placed for safe-keeping. The team arrived at the city already deep into the fighting. Coalition member Cosmo briefed them of the situation and asked the team to split up. One group defended the Observatory against Monokuma bots and HK-47, another helped Heimdall defend Asgard's citizens, another helped Cosmo acquire the Destroyer, while a fourth went to the vault to protect Volt directly. The vault group came across Hela, who was using Fuse to increase her powers to a staggering degree. She easily pushed through the defenses to acquire the Eternal Flame and bring her wolf, Fenris, back from the dead.

It was at this time that the Bifrost bridge was accidentally activated using Fuse, causing it to overload and transport everyone to New York on Earth. S.H.I.E.L.D. was waiting here for the group in order to assist them. Hela and the droids powered by Fuse seemed to be too much to handle, but an impromptu plan involving Miku Hatsune's singing in order to disrupt the robots' signals caused those protecting Volt to gain the upper hand. After a rough battle, Hela was eventually slain.

The Asgard team was soon evacuated back to the Knowhere headquarters in order for their injuries to be treated and for them to rest briefly. The Coalition leaders had gathered once again only a couple of hours since their last meeting. Morrigan and Paladin Danse were not in attendance. Milla stood before them, looking pensive.

"Our status report?" Ludger asked cautiously. Makoto sighed.

kiri003.png

"Volt is safe for the time being and is currently being moved to Knowhere for the time being with the team assigned to it managing to ward off the Revanchist, but..." Kyoko responded, before she trailed off for a moment, giving a brief pause until she continued, "Origin was lost."

"Yeah, one of ours dropped the ball even," Zatanna sighed, shaking her head in deep disappointment.

"We've relocated the M.E.U. to help with some of the ongoing terrorist threats," Makoto said. "S.H.I.E.L.D. is assessing the damage to Asgard for now."

"The Revanchist have been gathering an incredible amount of power," Milla said, her voice low. "It's a miracle our losses were not greater."

Makoto nodded. "We could have lost more lives, that's for sure. But it's clear we'll have to change up our assault teams moving forward."

"Agreed. The first step will be to adjust the teams based on who's even able to keep on going. The first two waves took the wind out of a number of them as it was, I imagine; some of them are likely too injured to even keep going," the young woman nodded. "To that end, we've got some reserves that can take their place in the meantime."

"But where will the teams be sent?" Ludger asked. Makoto and Kyoto turned to look at Milla.

"Well..." She crossed her arms, thinking. "Pluto and Celsius likely need our immediate attention now. Pluto has placed herself in a location that we may find difficult to infiltrate, but I doubt the Revanchist would let that stop them."

Makoto blinked. "Do you mean...?"

"A place I believe you call Silent Earth," Milla confirmed. "As for Celsius, she has been placed in the care of a group in a world known as Terca Lumireis."

Makoto seemed disquieted by both locations, but Kyoko was unperturbed. "That's just..." Makoto shook his head. "Ludger, you should join the team going to Silent Earth. They'll need your help. Truthfully, we've not set foot on the planet in quite a while, not since we lost the White Vault there. It must be back in The Order's hands by now..."

h9MND3g.png

Gs0jVPw.png

Silent Earth was a world of the dead. Some kind of phenomenon had destroyed this planet long ago, plunging it into an eternity of darkness. Malevolence ran rampant here and any individual who found themselves here would be lost forever amid hallucinations and illusions.

The team stood in the middle of an abandoned American city on a dark road marred with potholes. All around them were dilapidated and destroyed buildings. The air smelled of smoke and blood. Dark clouds hung in the sky, looking like they were made of ash.

DkpnL9J.png

"The pervasive darkness of this planet is... suffocating," Eleanor Hume said, rubbing her arms. She had been one of the few remaining Coalition exorcists available for this mission.

PcRa2D2.png

"Your presence as an exorcist will be a good asset then," Ludger said, giving the girl a smile. He then looked over the team in full and let out a heavy breath. "You all were briefly informed on the nature of this world, but you must keep in mind how dangerous it is. It is a dead world that is drenched in malevolence. Beyond demons from the Dark Place, only members of the Order persist here."

Eleanor let out a shuddering breath. "The Order. I heard they worship malevolence."

"I don't know if we will encounter them, but they are just one of the many dangers here. In a world such as this, imagination and thought can be made real. You are likely to encounter illusions on this planet and I can't say what they will entail. All in all, finding the Great Spirit and the Revanchist are our top priorities. We'll have to conduct a search of the area."

Ludger placed his hands on his hips. "I suppose... come to me if you have any questions."

Character List
@Crow as Ben Tennyson [Ben 10] and Cagliostro [Granblue Fantasy]
@Takumi as Chise Hatori [The Ancient Magus Bride] and Shigure [Fire Emblem]
@Minerva as Corrin [Fire Emblem] and Cordelia [Fire Emblem]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]
@Krieg as Dr. Strange [Marvel] and Karl Franz I [Warhammer]
@Josh as Ellis [Left 4 Dead] and Clark Kent/Kal El [Smallville]
@Jeremi as Frank Castle AKA "The Rider" [Marvel] and Bayonetta [Bayonetta]
@Glostechk as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Original Character] and Aya Drevis [Mad Father]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan] and Schala Zeal [Chrono Trigger]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [Original Character] and Macy Moretti [Original Character]
@Yun Lee as Severa [Fire Emblem] and Jack [Street Fighter]
@Space_Candy as Quentin Smith [Dead by Daylight]
@MelodyMeister as Katherine "Kitty" Langley [Original Character] and Reimu Hakurei [Touhou Project]
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa [Dies Irae] and Ren Fujii [Dies Irae]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Lucky as Wade Wilson AKA Deadpool [Marvel] and Billy Batson AKA Shazam [DC]
@Hahli Nuva as Will Vandom [W.I.T.C.H.] and Maeve [Paladins]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]
@Sark as Broly [Dragon Ball] and Guy Gardener [DC]
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton [Fire Emblem] and Lon'qu [Fire Emblem]

Last edited:
Will had lost most of her anger in losing Origin back at the battleground, but as she walked into this new place, all she could feel was darkness. The Heart instantly coated her in an protective aura, sinking into her skin and melding with her soul. Her sheer presence here was an anomaly, much like it must have been for the others.

But Will felt it tugging at her, the fear and anger, the hate she felt for The Revanchist threatened to envelop her, to consume her and make her lose control. Perhaps this is what Nerissa felt like when she had been turned, Will wondered.

"This place is nothing but pure evil. It's taking a lot of my power to even walk down this road. Whatever we're here for we need to do it fast. I can feel The Malevolence pricking at my skin."

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

Wade WIlson/Deadpool

Wade would look up from the completely unrelated Shazam comic he had been reading waiting for his chance to help. " Oh, we're back. I feel like I've been sitting on the sidelines for a bit. Yeah, this place does seem pretty evil, but hey, what better place to hide a Great Spirit than a place of great evil?" He asked, looking around. "So we got a direction we going in?" He asked.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

View attachment 3872

"Ugh. This place gives me the creeps..." Severa was once again fairly subdued, though this time it wasn't because of Guy's rings or anything like that. This Silent Earth place...it felt so awful just being here. And with the Origin mission a failure, she was starting to feel the weight of this undertaking.

"Couldn't the Great Spirit have been somewhere, I dunno, NICER? I feel like some creep is gonna pop out and kill me at any second..."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Anyone​

"Yeeesh. I feel sorry for whoever has to live in this dump," Ben blurts out as he looks about at the gloomy atmosphere.

"I can practically smell the evil in the air. It's like, this world has the brain, mind and twiddling fingers to be evil, like it's alive... and evil... evilive... yeah that wasn't very good."

GOeYJvY.jpg

Ben looks to Ludger for a bit, sweating a bit. "The part where you say 'imagination and thought can be made real'... it isn't literal right? Can this world really pop an army of physically-existing Vilgaxes... Vilgaxi... into existence just to fry me?

Yeah, Severa's got a point. I mean, is there a reason why the evil things here wouldn't want the Great Spirit dead? Feels a bit counterproductive to put the guy here if you ask me."

@York @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ottonomous Ghost @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi

Ludger nodded grimly at what the others were saying. "Stay here long enough and it will be the end of us. I suspect the Great Spirit felt that such a dangerous place was the safest for it. Thankfully, we are aware of our situation and as long as we stick to large groups, we should be okay for the time being."

"A positive attitude is sometimes the best defense against malevolence!" Eleanor said with some level of determination, but even she could not shake how overwhelmed she felt.

Ludger then looked to Ben. "Uh..." He rubbed his neck, thinking. "In theory... yes, this world can do exactly that. A calm state of mind might be the best defense, just as Eleanor says." He pointed up the road, where it seemed the city continue up an incline. "We will need to get to higher ground to get a better view of the area around us."

@Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

"Well, if we need higher ground, I've got more than a dozen fliers-"

As Ben dialed his Omnitrix, he looks towards everyone ready to head towards the incline.

"- and lots of walkers too."

Looking towards his legs, he shrugs his shoulders as he moves those legs towards the incline. He felt it best to stick with a group whose majority lacked the wings of freedom, especially in this dark and gloom. He decides to initiate a conversation with others to soothe the boredom.

"So, uuhh... dull weather we're having, huh?"

@Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow @York @Alex Azure

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver

Ludger nodded grimly at what the others were saying. "Stay here long enough and it will be the end of us. I suspect the Great Spirit felt that such a dangerous place was the safest for it. Thankfully, we are aware of our situation and as long as we stick to large groups, we should be okay for the time being."

"A positive attitude is sometimes the best defense against malevolence!" Eleanor said with some level of determination, but even she could not shake how overwhelmed she felt.

Ludger then looked to Ben. "Uh..." He rubbed his neck, thinking. "In theory... yes, this world can do exactly that. A calm state of mind might be the best defense, just as Eleanor says." He pointed up the road, where it seemed the city continue up an incline. "We will need to get to higher ground to get a better view of the area around us."

@Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

"I don't know about that,"
A disheveled looking old man spoke up, though looking at his outfit they could pin him as the Cosmic Ghost Rider. "Dead usually means quiet, and this place is a whole lot of quiet. The Coalition have any retirement plans? Could see myself building a house here when it's all done with."

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

Wade looked up and shrugged. " Okay, I'm just going to say it, this is going to be a really dull climb if we don't talk about it. You're all being so mopey about the loss of the Great Spirit and I know that it is bad, but we did cut down a lot of the bad guys while doing that. Plus- this place seems to feed on insecurities, so someone talk about their demons or something. Have a breakdown, just get it out of the way. People die- it happens."

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi

"This place is very strange."

230px-Organism_No_2_Normal_Forme.png

The sudden change in environment would've been hardly regarded by Deoxys had it been anywhere else. The relatively clean, wide open spaces of the palace it'd been in before was a stark contrast to the choking atmosphere of the so-called 'Silent Earth.' A cold sensation bit away at the alien's core as it slowly trod forward, struggling to sense any mental presence amidst the malevolent 'fog' that seemed to permeate the ruins.

It could be that its failure to protect the previous Great Spirit hadn't been lost on Deoxys. A human is oft unfocused when their mind is clouded with doubt and thoughts of failure. A pokemon is very much like a human in this behavior, even more so with their innate competitiveness that creates a constant need for validation from those that they adore.

Deoxys has no one that it particularly adores in this place. For being so self-aware, it couldn't pinpoint the course of its own emotions until they're shut out in favor of a focus for the task at hand - like now, for example. Deoxys halted before it could stray too far from the rest of the group, turning and treading back to Ludger.

"It is... it is like there is a psychic 'residue.' Thoughts attached to no brain, like false positives on a radar. It is blocking my senses," it spoke while slowly drifting its gaze over to the other individuals in the squad, then back to Ludger. "If our information is correct, I will suggest that we do not stray far from each other until we locate the Great Spirit."

View attachment 3872

"Ugh. This place gives me the creeps..." Severa was once again fairly subdued, though this time it wasn't because of Guy's rings or anything like that. This Silent Earth place...it felt so awful just being here. And with the Origin mission a failure, she was starting to feel the weight of this undertaking.

"Couldn't the Great Spirit have been somewhere, I dunno, NICER? I feel like some creep is gonna pop out and kill me at any second..."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Anyone

"Yeeesh. I feel sorry for whoever has to live in this dump," Ben blurts out as he looks about at the gloomy atmosphere.

"I can practically smell the evil in the air. It's like, this world has the brain, mind and twiddling fingers to be evil, like it's alive... and evil... evilive... yeah that wasn't very good."

GOeYJvY.jpg

Ben looks to Ludger for a bit, sweating a bit. "The part where you say 'imagination and thought can be made real'... it isn't literal right? Can this world really pop an army of physically-existing Vilgaxes... Vilgaxi... into existence just to fry me?

Yeah, Severa's got a point. I mean, is there a reason why the evil things here wouldn't want the Great Spirit dead? Feels a bit counterproductive to put the guy here if you ask me."

@York @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ottonomous Ghost @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi
"A 'creep' will only come to attack you if you allow it to. As I understand, this place is sensitive to thought. Learn to clear your mind and numb it from external forces."

"You will know your mind is free from exploitable elements when I tell you so," Deoxys said, before briefly giving Ben and Severa a peculiar look.

"...Hm. No, not yet."

@York @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ottonomous Ghost @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi

Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

Wade looked up and shrugged. " Okay, I'm just going to say it, this is going to be a really dull climb if we don't talk about it. You're all being so mopey about the loss of the Great Spirit and I know that it is bad, but we did cut down a lot of the bad guys while doing that. Plus- this place seems to feed on insecurities, so someone talk about their demons or something. Have a breakdown, just get it out of the way. People die- it happens."

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi

Will gave the merc a slight glare.

"You don't understand. I'm supposed to STOP wars, not START them. Every time we fail to save a life is a strike against us. If thirty of us can't beat one guy and his army of mages then what's the point? We need to step up, guys."

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Crow @Lucky

"This place is very strange."

230px-Organism_No_2_Normal_Forme.png

The sudden change in environment would've been hardly regarded by Deoxys had it been anywhere else. The relatively clean, wide open spaces of the palace it'd been in before was a stark contrast to the choking atmosphere of the so-called 'Silent Earth.' A cold sensation bit away at the alien's core as it slowly trod forward, struggling to sense any mental presence amidst the malevolent 'fog' that seemed to permeate the ruins.

It could be that its failure to protect the previous Great Spirit hadn't been lost on Deoxys. A human is oft unfocused when their mind is clouded with doubt and thoughts of failure. A pokemon is very much like a human in this behavior, even more so with their innate competitiveness that creates a constant need for validation from those that they adore.

Deoxys has no one that it particularly adores in this place. For being so self-aware, it couldn't pinpoint the course of its own emotions until they're shut out in favor of a focus for the task at hand - like now, for example. Deoxys halted before it could stray too far from the rest of the group, turning and treading back to Ludger.

"It is... it is like there is a psychic 'residue.' Thoughts attached to no brain, like false positives on a radar. It is blocking my senses," it spoke while slowly drifting its gaze over to the other individuals in the squad, then back to Ludger. "If our information is correct, I will suggest that we do not stray far from each other until we locate the Great Spirit."

"A 'creep' will only come to attack you if you allow it to. As I understand, this place is sensitive to thought. Learn to clear your mind and numb it from external forces."

"You will know your mind is free from exploitable elements when I tell you so," Deoxys said, before briefly giving Ben and Severa a peculiar look.

"...Hm. No, not yet."

@York @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ottonomous Ghost @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi

"Or just be really really numb, or just don't think," Frank hastily added to Deoxys musings. "I'm personally really excited to see what scum we're about to dig up from this place. I mean just looking at our group, the baddies have to have it worse, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back