Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gased? Oh no, of course not. Don't have time for that, really."

The man pulled off his mask and lowered his hood, revealing his face.

bRVekER.jpg

Ludger's eyes narrowed. This man seemed familiar to him. "You're with the Order," he said.

"You got that right, but please spare me any ideas you might have about me and my character." The man paced a bit, moving side to side. He moved his hands while he talked as if he needed to give them something to do. "Our... Lady... is happy you're here."

Ludger looked about to say more but Eleanor took a step forward and spoke up. "Who are you?" She looked at the man fiercely. "A daemon?"

The man shook his head. "I don't think so. Not by your definition. My name is Vincent. Can you remember that?"

@Crimson Spartan @HealThyWounds @Space_Candy @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jackythejack @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Donder172
"You're with Revan...? You're with the traitor?" Meceliss asked

....She knew it. KItty, although she gave a brief smile at Meceliss for trying to help her, was determined to do this on her own. Waving a hand to decline Meceliss's offer, she jumped down quickly. But just because she was one of the first to jump, didn't mean she was also the first to rise. Due to her exhaustion, Kitty was one of the last to rise, as she had laid on the ground after everyone had jumped down. When she rose after sitting still for a while, she was completely unfazed. After all, she DID manage to get a vision on what was inside, and sure enough, what she saw, was true. Looks like that annoying, obnoxious mercenary was right after all. Dang it.

"Right on time, huh? Well, I've should have seen that coming....then again, even if I did, it wouldn't matter, because regardless of if I saw it coming or not, this would still occur, because majority rules. How many timelines would end up like this even with warnings....I don't want to find out, but I'm willing to bet most of them.

Kitty appeared to be mumbling that to no one in particular, it was a thing she appeared to do often. Maybe she just needed to vent her thoughts out? Kitty sounded quite...strange, it was completely different to her normal, fastpaced but stable voice, and it sounded like she was about to laugh.

---

"Vincent, right. Since you bothered to take off your mask and reveal your identity, you either want to talk or you have no intention of letting us leave alive. Unfortunately, you're with the Order, so you're an enemy regardless. Nothing personal."

Kitty was about to do...something with her Corpus ruby, but stopped, as she heard Vincent. She replied unnaturally quickly, to the point it nearly overlapped with what Vincent was saying.

"Is this...Our Lady more likely to be willing to have a discussion, or are we going to have to take her down along with you?"

Kitty looked down, looking at something she cupped in her hands. Was she preparing for something? If one listened closely, she seemed to be mumbling again, but this time, she was murmuring a chant.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Ver @Donder172 @HealThyWounds @Jackythejack @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Factory​
Alonso stayed situated himself next to Ludger, unsheathing his rapier and pointed at the stranger man, keeping a close guard of the groups leader, and instinct that as a soldier stuck with him. "Vin...cent. Vincent... Uh... Don remind me, a lowly soldier, who this man is and if we have to kill him?" Alonso simply stayed in a position of on guard, the tip of the sword pointed straight toward Vincent's heart.

"Our Lady? Eres loco. Some kind of witchcraft is going on here. But so help me God and King, if you attack us, I will kill you and make you regret your actions, my friend."

@Crimson Spartan @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jackythejack @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Donder172
Meceliss listened for a moment to the others, starting to realize this 'Order' is likely not Revan's.

Vincent snorted. It was a derisive sound, as if he really did not think much of the group or any of this much at all. "Malevolence is what you make of it. Evil is, of course, subjective. We do agree, no sudden movements would be best."

Vincent turned his head to the open door and some of his followers moved to break the circle. A figure blocked the light spilling in from the door and was revealed when it stepped out into the room. It appeared to be just a rather regular looking young girl with black hair. She stood in front of the group and stared at them with a calm expression. After a moment, she crossed her arms.

qZ9irww.png

"They call me the Lady," she said, "but my name is Patel. You are correct in that I brought you here. It's because I need your help."

"And why would we help you?" Eleanor asked. "You're with the Order."

The girl shook her head. "It's more complicated than that. But listen, if you help me, I can take you to the Great Spirit. I hope that is a sufficient bargain."

@Lucky @Jackythejack @HealThyWounds @Ver @Donder172 @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee
Patel seemed to consider her words a moment. "I have power over this realm," she said. "How else do you think I brought you here? Through this power, I know where the Great Spirit is hiding. There is nothing more to it than that."

"Tell us why you forced half of us to a different location," Ludger said. "The submerged structure."

"I did that because that is where my sister is." Patel let that sit a moment. "... It is my request that you rescue her from a group that's captured her. A group you call the Revanchist."

Ludger was vexed by this. "The Order and the Revanchist are at odds then...?"

"What did you expect?" Patel asked. "You may not trust me, but do keep in mind you have not been attacked since you arrived on this planet. The dangers of Silent Earth are many. Who do you think it is that kept you safe until now?"

@Crimson Spartan @HealThyWounds @Space_Candy @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jackythejack @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Donder172
"I wouldn't be entirely surprised. This is not the first this kind of thing has happened to him." Meceliss said in response to Ludger. "Just never on this scale before." She added before looking at Patel. "How do we know you will not double cross us?"

“Oh, well, I do very much appreciate the protection, dear.” Austin took a small, cautious step forward. “Do you have any idea where they’re holding your sister?”

@Atomic Knight

"I do not see any reason to turn on you," Patel said to Meceliss. "What benefit would there to be in that?"

Ludger thought on this and realized that he could not think of much reason for that to occur. They were here only for the Great Spirit after all, and Ludger wasn't sure if the Order would care about the Great Spirits.

Patel then turned to Austin. "She's being held where the other half of your party is. The structure that fell from the sky and crashed on Silent Earth. It's half in the lake, half on land."

@Jackythejack @Donder172

tumblr-or9abt-D6kb1twg72io4-400.png

"I dunno, I'm kinda winging it actually," Touma murmured back to Severa, before going back to listening what the young woman known as Patel had to say to them. He was hard pressed to believe a person like this, in a place like this, at face value, but... if she knew about the Great Spirit, and more than that, that they were looking for it, then maybe they didn't have much of a choice.

Certainly, his brow perked as she went on to say the Order was warding off the Revanchist. Though, maybe he shouldn't have been surprised. This was a race against time to get the Great Spirits, and thus far they'd been lagging behind. Creepy as the Order was though, were they really reasonable enough to let the Coalition reach the Great Spirit? At least, if Patel was speaking on behalf of them...

Still, he had to scratch his head at the prospect of not being attacked during their stay on the sinister world. "R-Right. Well... Let's just hope it stays that way. I know some people we came here with can get a little... trigger happy," he could only comment.

6a1dc43afcda18d33768ee5901ab2dbe.png

"So is that it then? We save your sister and you'll show us where the Great Spirit is?" Touma asked somewhat skeptically. Optimistic as he tried to be, he couldn't help it as things always became more complicated -- at least, back home -- than needed, but well, no good in not doing it, at least, especially if someone was in danger here.

@Jackythejack @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Donder172 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @HealThyWounds @Lucky @MelodyMeister

Kitty snarled, and then quickly withdrew that split-second betrayal of her true feelings, replacing it with a stony expression. Vincent, as Kitty thought of him anyways, was a slimeball. Kitty didn't mean evil in that sense, she meant Evil, another word for Sin. Surely, he understood that, yet he responded, shrugging off her words so calmly and yet in a way that showed he looked down towards them. Kitty had always hated superficial friendly talk, as friendly as they were, they were still enemies, and talking about things that made them enemies in the first place so...passively won Kitty's ire.

Then again, who was she to judge? She had no right to think like that, so she didn't reply. She simply waited, as the Our Lady entered. Kitty's head rose up instantly, aware of the new presense. She focused her eyes on the woman, who despite being a god, looked...normal. Not that, that was really all that weird. Kitty listened to her words, shaping her hands into tight fists, and gave Patel a hard stare. Bargains with magical beings was a fickle thing.

"A bargain is like a contract. And if you do not turn on us....I have no reason to think we should decline your offer, if it's within reason. But..oh. So you want us to trade a rescue, for information. Alright, considering we are at a loss, and we do save people from RevanChrist anyways..."

Kitty hesitated, realising something.

"Say. Who IS your sister, the sister of a so called god? Are you really even one? If so, are you capable of using your divine powers to save your sister yourself? We'll take the offer anyways, but we do need some information."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jackythejack @HealThyWounds @Yun Lee @Lucky @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Factory

“Oh, well, it’s unfortunate that we can’t really contact them then,” He muttered before glancing back to the rest of the group. “I don’t suppose someone brought a means of communication?”

Though Will had no knife, as the net seemed to nullify magical energy no matter the source, she would be able to at least see around. This building was massive, but incredibly dangerous to move around in, with debris and wreckage littering the area. It appeared to have been some sort of containment facility, with multiple pods lining the walls, or laying at the bottom like the rest of the debris. There also seemed to be something nearby, as well.

Something moving.

@Hahli Nuva

---

"Heh, no shit! From what I heard these Order types are total cowards. What that girl lacked in smarts, she sure made up in guts!"

It seemed Schala's disguise was working quite well. The man didn't suspect a thing.

@York @Crow

---

Those staying away from the front would hear a faint screech in the distance. A falcon was flying overhead...but currently did not seem to notice them.

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Sark @Ottonomous Ghost

---

Severa had remained silent during this encounter, having no idea what was going on. At least Touma seemed to have an idea, as did others in the group, but still, she was rather out of the loop.

So when they met this lady or whatever, she grabbed Touma's shoulder. "Psst! What's The Order? Are they, like...bad?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @FactoryGroup​
Nanomech paid attention to the situation and spoke in a way that only Schala could hear, continuing to serve as the eyes at her back.

Nanomech%20UA.PNG

"Doesn't hurt to try to learn more about this 'Order' they're talking about. Though, the only way to do so without too much suspicion is to just walk and overhear, maybe even join in the talks..." Nanomech says, cozying himself in Schala's hair, "with the recent capture, the guys must be buzzing with all kinds of conversation about the topic. We've hit a terminology goldmine."

@York @Crow

@Yun Lee
Will had been sitting down, eyes threatening to roll behind her skull as Cornelia and Irma both took turns verbally roasting her. Taranee tried to soften the blows, while Hay Lin remained silent. Will was about to retort to a remark Irma made when Hay Lin sushed everyone.

"Wait! We're not alone! Everybody shush!"

"Hay, I don't see anything-"

"No, I felt it! The Heart sent us a warning. Be careful, Will."

Will sighed and tried to at least find something sharp she could use to cut through the net. If she could manage to get the net off of her, she would be able to defend herself against whatever else was nearby.

@Yun Lee
Schala Zeal
@Crow @Yun Lee @Others?

Schala seemed to relax somewhat seeing that her disguise was working, as much as it pained her to keep a low profile like this. Ben's words did ring true; perhaps it was a good idea to listen in on some of the conversations, but at the same time, she didn't want to leave Will behind.

Quickly, she made sure to move to a more secluded spot, where she could converse with Ben without drawing attention to herself.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" She asked softly.

Though she didn't name any names, she was evidently a little worried for Will in spite of the situation, but at the same time, while she was hanging around, she tried to listen for anything that could be of interest to her, even if she was in somewhat of a secluded area.​

"I think she is, for now. They said they're using her as a bargaining chip. No harm will come her way until the bargaining begins, assuming these guys know how bargaining works."

Nanomech too looks about and listens clear.

"Let's make sure we don't give them more bargaining chips. But in case we do..."

Nanomech looks at a palm-fitting ball, half red half white, in his hands, before putting it back in his inventory. Seeing that the ball was so small, it was safe to assume that it shrunk alongside his entire body.

"... well, let's just say that someone's got our back should the worst happen."

@Crow @York

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

" Uhhh- Austin, yeah we do. We got the comm devices in our ears to contact the Coalition, I imagine we can use it to contact our teammates." Deadpool would fiddle with his and talk into it. " Hey, uh, can, anyone from the submerged building hear me? We're with a lady named Patel form the Order, she says if we find her sister, she'll take us to the Great Spirit."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Attempting to Comm.

There was nothing that seemed sharp enough to cut this net. It was made out of some sort of coiled metal with mesh stretching out over the gaps in the frame. While looking unassuming, and having no exterior effects, inside it was clear that it had been enchanted in some way, preventing the inhabitant from using any sort of magic or supernatural ability.

The thing that Will had seen with her did not seem to be moving towards her, or even know she was there. It merely moved up and down slowly, as if it's chest was rising and falling in sleep.

@Hahli Nuva

---

The falcon continued on overhead, not having heard or seen Frank and the others for the time being. But it could be seen ducking lower, falling out of sight behind the walls of the building. It would be guaranteed to see the group on its next pass.

---

With so many people around, it was all but impossible for Schala to hear anything like a full conversation. Though there were a few groups close by that she could hear distinct words from:

-A group of Huns preparing more nets, where one mentioned, "The Order."

- Two Revanchist soldiers off to the side, talking in lowered voices about "the leader."

-A large group playing cards, conversing about "the prisoners."

Perhaps Schala could find her way towards one such group and listen in?

@York @Crow

Incidentally, everyone in this area would be able to hear Deadpool's message over the commlink with no problems whatsoever. They could answer him as well, if they'd like...as long as they didn't make too much noise.​

Last edited:
There was nothing that seemed sharp enough to cut this net. It was made out of some sort of coiled metal with mesh stretching out over the gaps in the frame. While looking unassuming, and having no exterior effects, inside it was clear that it had been enchanted in some way, preventing the inhabitant from using any sort of magic or supernatural ability.

The thing that Will had seen with her did not seem to be moving towards her, or even know she was there. It merely moved up and down slowly, as if it's chest was rising and falling in sleep.

@Hahli Nuva

---

The falcon continued on overhead, not having heard or seen Frank and the others for the time being. But it could be seen ducking lower, falling out of sight behind the walls of the building. It would be guaranteed to see the group on its next pass.

---

With so many people around, it was all but impossible for Schala to hear anything like a full conversation. Though there were a few groups close by that she could hear distinct words from:

- Two Revanchist soldiers off to the side, talking in lowered voices about "the leader."

@York @Crow

"... if you end up picking the poker guys, I could help you cheat, unless they're playing karuta. I have no idea how that works."

Nanomech ponders for a bit.

"We could use some nets of our own, those things must be pretty tough if they're an all-encompassing tool," Nanomech suggests as he looks at those Huns, then turns to those Revanchist soldiers to the side, "though those guys over there seem to be talking about something interesting. I know what we agreed on, but there's two of us and three places to go... maybe we should split for a bit. Plus something tells me those Mongolian men have a good enough sense of smell to snuff Nanomech out if I spend enough time around them..."

Nanomech proceeds to shrink from flea-sized to a hundred times smaller than a water bear, in preparation. Just then...

pDCQRbl.jpg

"Oh hold on for a sec, Schala, we're getting a call. Ah, hello? Oh, Deadpool? Yeah, this is Ben. The guy with the 10... and before you comment on how I don't have 10 aliens anymore I'll have you know that Ben 100 is not a good name."

While Nanomech's voice was squeaky to Schala, on Deadpool's end of the call, it was audible and deep-voiced. Even if Deadpool shouted through Nanomech's commlink as loud as possible, it would merely be buzzing or inaudible squeaking if the sharpest of ears picked them up. Seeing that Nanomech was at a size only visible to microscopes and was hiding in Schala's hair, he would look the less suspicious compared to Schala or anyone else in the bigger group when talking on the line.

If Schala chose to listen to Namomech listening to the commlink instead of using her own, Deadpool's voice would be heard as squeaky like Nanomech's

"Care to tell me where exactly this sister is? We're gonna need specifics."

@York @Crow @Yun Lee

@Lucky (commlink)​

Getting bored with all this talk, Severa decided to hop onto the commlink. "She's with the Revanchist, I think she said. Like, over at that big building you guys are at? Have you seen any prisoners over there?"

@York @Crow @Lucky

Wade Wilson/Deadpool

" Well, I would think Ben 10,000 would sound cool, even if it is false branding. Yeah, what Severa just said, probably where they keep the prisoners. Sure is a good thing that we're all smart enough to not go blindly into bad guy's lair and get captured- right?"

@Crow @Yun Lee @York @Commlinks man

Getting bored with all this talk, Severa decided to hop onto the commlink. "She's with the Revanchist, I think she said. Like, over at that big building you guys are at? Have you seen any prisoners over there?"

@York @Crow @Lucky

"Funny you two should mention that, because with the information you've given us, our team is now aware of two prisoners the Revanchist is keeping before we can even find the dungeons."

Nanomech said the latter part of the sentence with a hint of sarcasm.

@York @Crow @Lucky @Yun Lee @Commlink​

"I think she is, for now. They said they're using her as a bargaining chip. No harm will come her way until the bargaining begins, assuming these guys know how bargaining works."

Nanomech too looks about and listens clear.

"Let's make sure we don't give them more bargaining chips. But in case we do..."

Nanomech looks at a palm-fitting ball, half red half white, in his hands, before putting it back in his inventory. Seeing that the ball was so small, it was safe to assume that it shrunk alongside his entire body.

"... well, let's just say that someone's got our back should the worst happen."

@Crow @York

@Yun Lee

@Hahli Nuva

---

---

@York @Crow

Incidentally, everyone in this area would be able to hear Deadpool's message over the commlink with no problems whatsoever. They could answer him as well, if they'd like...as long as they didn't make too much noise.​
"... if you end up picking the poker guys, I could help you cheat, unless they're playing karuta. I have no idea how that works."

Nanomech ponders for a bit.

"We could use some nets of our own, those things must be pretty tough if they're an all-encompassing tool," Nanomech suggests as he looks at those Huns, then turns to those Revanchist soldiers to the side, "though those guys over there seem to be talking about something interesting. I know what we agreed on, but there's two of us and three places to go... maybe we should split for a bit. Plus something tells me those Mongolian men have a good enough sense of smell to snuff Nanomech out if I spend enough time around them..."

Nanomech proceeds to shrink from flea-sized to a hundred times smaller than a water bear, in preparation. Just then...

pDCQRbl.jpg

"Oh hold on for a sec, Schala, we're getting a call. Ah, hello? Oh, Deadpool? Yeah, this is Ben. The guy with the 10... and before you comment on how I don't have 10 aliens anymore I'll have you know that Ben 100 is not a good name."

While Nanomech's voice was squeaky to Schala, on Deadpool's end of the call, it was audible and deep-voiced. Even if Deadpool shouted through Nanomech's commlink as loud as possible, it would merely be buzzing or inaudible squeaking if the sharpest of ears picked them up. Seeing that Nanomech was at a size only visible to microscopes and was hiding in Schala's hair, he would look the less suspicious compared to Schala or anyone else in the bigger group when talking on the line.

If Schala chose to listen to Namomech listening to the commlink instead of using her own, Deadpool's voice would be heard as squeaky like Nanomech's

"Care to tell me where exactly this sister is? We're gonna need specifics."

@York @Crow @Yun Lee

@Lucky (commlink)​

@York @Crow @Lucky
Wade Wilson/Deadpool

" Well, I would think Ben 10,000 would sound cool, even if it is false branding. Yeah, what Severa just said, probably where they keep the prisoners. Sure is a good thing that we're all smart enough to not go blindly into bad guy's lair and get captured- right?"

@Crow @Yun Lee @York @Commlinks man
"Funny you two should mention that, because with the information you've given us, our team is now aware of two prisoners the Revanchist is keeping before we can even find the dungeons."

Nanomech said the latter part of the sentence with a hint of sarcasm.

@York @Crow @Lucky @Yun Lee @Commlink​
"Two? Who else is-" Severa paused, detecting the sarcasm. "Hold on...you don't mean...?"

@Crow @Lucky @York
Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

" So..... I'm going to assume it was girl who decided it was great idea to hack flowers on distant planet, right?"
He asked Ben.

@Crow @York @Yun Lee
Schala Zeal
@Crow @Yun Lee @Lucky (commlink) @Others?

Schala seemed torn between where to go, seeming at least somewhat relaxed by Ben's words. While she wanted to free Will, she figured gathering some information first would be for the best, but then at the mention of Prisoners, she immediately seemed to snap to a decision, barely disguising her smile at Ben's offer.

"That's okay. I just need to find out more about the Prisoners." She said quietly, then she paused at his mention of the nets.

It was an idea that she could see working; if they could figure out how to use those nets against the enemy, it would certainly make it alot easier to escape this building.

Freezing for a moment as they recieved that transmission, Schala was relieved to hear the others seemed to be on the same page as she was.

"O-Of course! And... We should see about using their nets against them, as Ben said. But I want to free the prisoners first!"

Schala was fortunately used to being soft spoken and quiet, and as such, helped a little by her covering her mouth with her hand a little, she would hopefully be able to avoid being heard as she spoke through the comms as quietly as she could. The mention of Will again seemed to cause Schala to clam up a little, but she maintained her composure, keeping her attention on her surroundings.

Assuming no-one said otherwise though, she seemed to be preparing to move on again, but hesitated for a moment, remembering Ben mentioning splitting up.

"We should stick together if we can, but if you have a plan for those nets, I'll have to put my trust in you." She said, then paused a little at Severa's words.

"Yes. I'm afraid one of our own got herself caught... But... I-... We're working on that..." She added softly.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back