Status
Not open for further replies.
The water cooler was not working, for whatever reason.

"Why don't you try pulling off the jug?" Makoto asked.

Julius attempted to do so, but found it was a waste of effort. "No good."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

Milla shook her head. "We do not know which action is dangerous or whether both are dangerous, so assuming one is the safer just can not be done. I will simply sit out and hopefully I will be reunited with you all soon."

The ten going were Little My, Riesbyfe, Titus, Shigure, Frank, Libra, Billy, Ludger, Alvin, and Jude.

Milla used the key card to allow them inside. The doors did not close behind them until it detected all ten were in. Milla disappeared from view as the doors closed and a bright light circled around everyone.

After a few moments, the rooms began to move about rapidly. Up, down, left, right. They spun around and rumbled, tossing each occupant around until they had absolutely no idea what direction was where. Then, finally, the rooms stopped moving and the doors opposite the ones they entered opened to a small, narrow hall lit by a neon blue light.

Each occupant was alone with their own narrow hallway.

"Get moving!" came Monokuma's voice and each occupant was pushed into the hall. In front of each of them appeared a dark figure. Upon examination, each figure was quite clearly some type of monster covered in dark fur and claws. It stood at the end of the hall, writhing, its bloodshot eyes staring each occupant down. It looked ready to attack.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Right

6009e5087d5441773575d1cfb74f69c42c743c5f.jpg

"Plan was a bust, hm? Figures it can't be too eady." Chise sighed. The water cooler wasn't working? Well now what? She wasn't sure she liked escape rooms. She went to take a look at the plant with Severa, to see if there may be something they needed from the general area.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Crunch @Jeremi @Minerva @Capri @Yun Lee @Left

Shigure held his naginata up in a defensive stance as his stomach rolled with brief nausea. He eyed the beast warily as he stepped into the hall.

A one-on-one fight like this seemed rather straight forward, but he'll make sure not to underestimate the beast looming in the hall before him.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri @Yun Lee @Crunch @Jeremi @Right

Last edited:
The water cooler was not working, for whatever reason.

"Why don't you try pulling off the jug?" Makoto asked.

Julius attempted to do so, but found it was a waste of effort. "No good."

Milla shook her head. "We do not know which action is dangerous or whether both are dangerous, so assuming one is the safer just can not be done. I will simply sit out and hopefully I will be reunited with you all soon."

The ten going were Little My, Riesbyfe, Titus, Shigure, Frank, Libra, Billy, Ludger, Alvin, and Jude.

Milla used the key card to allow them inside. The doors did not close behind them until it detected all ten were in. Milla disappeared from view as the doors closed and a bright light circled around everyone.

After a few moments, the rooms began to move about rapidly. Up, down, left, right. They spun around and rumbled, tossing each occupant around until they had absolutely no idea what direction was where. Then, finally, the rooms stopped moving and the doors opposite the ones they entered opened to a small, narrow hall lit by a neon blue light.

Each occupant was alone with their own narrow hallway.

"Get moving!" came Monokuma's voice and each occupant was pushed into the hall. In front of each of them appeared a dark figure. Upon examination, each figure was quite clearly some type of monster covered in dark fur and claws. It stood at the end of the hall, writhing, its bloodshot eyes staring each occupant down. It looked ready to attack.

As Bayonetta looked on at the others investigating, she suddenly remembered something. "You know, I was part of something similar to this a long time ago," She began. "Though I believe that was the bears handy work. I wasn't keen on it then and I'm not keen on it now." She looked over the objects. "80+10? Is 90 significant in some way?"

Frank had decided to ignore the bear and just waltzed on through to the other side of the hallway. As the monster came into view Frank gasped in surprise. "Oh no! A monster! Whatever shall I do? I'm doomed I tell ya doo-!" Frank pulled out his hellfire and power cosmic powered guns and started blasting.

FOO FIGHTERS
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky
@Left

"There's gotta be something around here to help us with this... 'escape room'... as you put it, Boss"

FF then began looking around the room to see if there's anything to help with the water cooler.

LITTLE MY
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Left

Little My actually wasn't really phased by the room that much. In fact, she seemed to enjoy it, giggling while the room turned and turned.

The door opened, and the girl banged her head with an audible "owch..."

She was dazed for a second before shaking her head and turning her attention to the beast.

She ran at the beast, using her size to her advantage by attempting to jump on the beast using its paw as a jumping board and climbing on it's back. If she made it successfully, she would attempt to run down it's back and jump off of it.​

The plant seemed pretty regular, beyond the fact it was dying.

"The numbers likely have to do with the diagrams," Byakuya said, sounding almost bored. He looked toward the medical diagrams on the wall. "They're numbered."

Julius looked at the wall, finding two diagrams with the numbers "80" and "10" on them. These ones were like a dozen others, where they seemed to show nothing but weird shapes. "Very odd," he said. "Wonder how you add them?"

View attachment 5881

"Oh, man. A death game, cryptic puzzles, and that damn bear laughing in my face," Touma grumbled exasperatedly as he recalled being in this exact situation before, way back in the day, at the Fuse Research Facility. As Bayonetta expressed her own familiarity with the bear as well, the spiky-haired boy pursed his lips. "You too, huh? Guess I shouldn't be so surprised. All that's missing is that creepy priest. But seriously, who the heck is manufacturing all these bears? 'Least it's not that other ugly brown bear..."

Crossing his arms from there, the boy only looked at the diagrams from afar to see just how they'd be able to fit together as F.F. began overlapping them. All this time having to skip school to fight evil magicians, and now it just reminded him of how he barely passed geometry class because of all that.

"... I don't suppose you would know how to solve this?" He mumbled over to Severa in the meantime.

@Jeremi @Capri @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Crunch @Takumi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

View attachment 5882

"This must clearly be some sort of trap, but... if I have no other choice...!" Riesbyfe said with a furrowed brow, gripping her shield tightly. She certainly did not appreciate being tossed around, dancing to the tune of a little bear, but if they wanted to play games, she could play games and then some.

Deciding to take initiative, the Holy Knight let out a battle cry and dashed forward at blinding speeds, raising her arm and swinging it around to bash her shield right against her own monster!

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Crunch @Takumi @Right

"What is THAT supposed to mean?! Huh???" Severa whipped her head around, her pigtails threatening to slap someone if they got too close. "I know what I'm doing, okay?! At least I'm LOOKING AROUND and not RUNNING MY MOUTH!!" It wasn't her fault other people had looked at the big stuff like the cabinets and diagrams!! How was she supposed to know this stupid dead plant was stupid and dead?!

@Ver @Jeremi @Capri @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Crunch @Takumi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

The diagrams, when overlapped, spelled out a seemingly random string of numbers.

"Oh," Makoto said, checking the cabinet underneath the table and finding a small safe and a second beaker. The numbers seemed obvious, so Makoto put them in and found a third beaker, along with a piece of paper and a set of six vials.

Makoto placed the paper on the table, only to see it was just a paper of small, black dots.

As the beast got closer, Libra could see that it was actually quite small, though still quite ferocious. Its long fangs dripped of saliva as it scurried through the hall at a rapid speed. When it seemed about to strike, it leaped up on Libra's arm, digging into him with its claws. It was a slippery beast, climbing over Libra quickly to then stab its clawed feet in his back.

Frank's shot flew at the beast, but its claws swiped left and right, parrying the shots. Quite a feat in such a narrow hallway and the beast had to be quite strong to take the shots like that. It then leaped forward, claws out and ready to strike.

For Shigure, the beast would shoot forward at an expected speed and bash right into into him, sending him crashing into the closed door.

Little My would find the beast easy to climb over in the moment, but would be faced with the realization that behind the beast was another closed door. There was no way out of the hallway.

The beast would seemingly not be able to anticipate Riesbyfe's attack, taking the hit and slamming into the door behind it.

View attachment 5881

"Oh, man. A death game, cryptic puzzles, and that damn bear laughing in my face," Touma grumbled exasperatedly as he recalled being in this exact situation before, way back in the day, at the Fuse Research Facility. As Bayonetta expressed her own familiarity with the bear as well, the spiky-haired boy pursed his lips. "You too, huh? Guess I shouldn't be so surprised. All that's missing is that creepy priest. But seriously, who the heck is manufacturing all these bears? 'Least it's not that other ugly brown bear..."

Crossing his arms from there, the boy only looked at the diagrams from afar to see just how they'd be able to fit together as F.F. began overlapping them. All this time having to skip school to fight evil magicians, and now it just reminded him of how he barely passed geometry class because of all that.

"... I don't suppose you would know how to solve this?" He mumbled over to Severa in the meantime.

@Jeremi @Capri @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Crunch @Takumi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

View attachment 5882

"This must clearly be some sort of trap, but... if I have no other choice...!" Riesbyfe said with a furrowed brow, gripping her shield tightly. She certainly did not appreciate being tossed around, dancing to the tune of a little bear, but if they wanted to play games, she could play games and then some.

Deciding to take initiative, the Holy Knight let out a battle cry and dashed forward at blinding speeds, raising her arm and swinging it around to bash her shield right against her own monster!

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Crunch @Takumi @Right

"What is THAT supposed to mean?! Huh???" Severa whipped her head around, her pigtails threatening to slap someone if they got too close. "I know what I'm doing, okay?! At least I'm LOOKING AROUND and not RUNNING MY MOUTH!!" It wasn't her fault other people had looked at the big stuff like the cabinets and diagrams!! How was she supposed to know this stupid dead plant was stupid and dead?!

@Ver @Jeremi @Capri @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Crunch @Takumi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

1499a1002609727e3e08a53c738bd625017a11a2.jpg

"I guess it makes sense why it's dead, since the water cooler is so far the only water source we've found and it's brok--eh?" Chise blinked and-oh. She ducked from one of Severa's pigtails, barely avoiding getting smacked in the face from it.

56f0cf7fce3b79be28665f08f37c829036679450.jpg

"Fierce as always." Chise muttered as she stood. 'Scary is more like it.' She thought to herself but was somewhat reminded of her roommate Lucy.

The diagrams, when overlapped, spelled out a seemingly random string of numbers.

"Oh," Makoto said, checking the cabinet underneath the table and finding a small safe and a second beaker. The numbers seemed obvious, so Makoto put them in and found a third beaker, along with a piece of paper and a set of six vials.

Makoto placed the paper on the table, only to see it was just a paper of small, black dots.

As the beast got closer, Libra could see that it was actually quite small, though still quite ferocious. Its long fangs dripped of saliva as it scurried through the hall at a rapid speed. When it seemed about to strike, it leaped up on Libra's arm, digging into him with its claws. It was a slippery beast, climbing over Libra quickly to then stab its clawed feet in his back.

Frank's shot flew at the beast, but its claws swiped left and right, parrying the shots. Quite a feat in such a narrow hallway and the beast had to be quite strong to take the shots like that. It then leaped forward, claws out and ready to strike.

For Shigure, the beast would shoot forward at an expected speed and bash right into into him, sending him crashing into the closed door.

Little My would find the beast easy to climb over in the moment, but would be faced with the realization that behind the beast was another closed door. There was no way out of the hallway.

The beast would seemingly not be able to anticipate Riesbyfe's attack, taking the hit and slamming into the door behind it.

Chise backed away from Several and Touma, deciding to check the paper Makoto placed down.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crunch @Minerva @Lucky @Capri @Left

Grunting as he was slammed into the door, Shigure attempted to use the door as leverage to push off of it and push the beast back and quickly aimed a downward thrust of his naginata at it, followed by two stabbing thrusts right after of successful.

@Atomic Knight @Right

FOO FIGHTERS
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crunch @Minerva @Lucky @Takumi
@Left

FF took the magnifying glass and handed it to Chise, who was inspecting the paper.

“The dots are tiny, so I think it might be more legible if you have this” FF said.

LITTLE MY
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crunch @Lucky @Takumi
@Right

Little My stamped her feet and shouted
“Aw come on!” before facing the beast.

She ran back at the beast, tackling into it’s neck before attempting to bite her way through it in an animalistic display.​

No guns then. Instead, Franks hellfire chains sprung forth to try and wrap the beast in them. "Sorry ugly, on a bit of a timer here so can we just wrap this up?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Right

Severa made her way over to the vials to check them out. Was there anything in them or were they just as empty as everything else in this grubby hobo's murder hut?

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

---

Libra grunted as the creature attacked, but was glad it decided to take that method instead. This allowed for a less involved method of attack, in this case Libra opted to slam backwards into the wall of the hallway, as much as would either incapacitate his beast, or at least get it to move.

The vials contained six different liquids. These liquids were colored red, blue, green, orange, brown, and pink.

Upon inspection of the paper, it seemed there was tiny writing only visible thanks to the magnifying glass. A few sentences were made apparent:

Ivy is a very thirsty girl.

Ivy has a secret and she's got it behind the tank.

Ivy enjoys a glass of wine infused with the sun every morning. For lunch, she tends to have a glass of lemonade, along with a healthy salad with lettuce and tomatoes. At night, she never goes without some chocolate pudding with a glass of apple juice.

The beast seemed to let go for a moment, but then leapt on to the back of Libra's neck to bite it just as he was slamming into the door behind him.

The beast was caught by Frank's chains and it struggled in his grasp. One of its claws appeared to shimmer. The claw burst out of the beast's paw with a sickening squelch and the claw bounced around as if it had the properties of s tray bullet. The claw, undoubtedly powered by forces strong enough to hurt even Frank bounced in the tight corridor toward him.

The first stab by Shigure connected, though the beast was hard to stab again considering the space of the hallway. The pair staggered, locked together for a moment.

The beast seemingly wanted Little My off of it and pushed itself backward so that Little My would be crushed between it and the door.

Not waiting for Riesbyfe's to make another move, the beast leaped backward and bounced off the door to get above the woman. As it came down, it skewered her shoulder with one claw and became pinned against her thanks to the tight space as it tried to stab with the other.

FOO FIGHTERS
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

"Do you see anything?" FF asked.

LITTLE MY
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Right

Little My seemed to not notice the movement until the last minute, where she jumped right off of it.

"Your skin's tough..." she said, before sputtering out a bunch of dog hair.

"Gross! But, whatever,"

She attempted to lunge at the creature again, this time using the wall as a kickboard, before attempting to bite its ear off.​

Severa, looking over at the magnifying glass, blinked at the riddle. "Ugh! I hate riddles!! Let me guess, the plant is Ivy, right? Duh! And what, the stupid wine is the, like, red and blue that gets mixed with the orange sun? And then the stupid pink with red and green? Why does lemonade even need to be pink anyway? Huh? Oh, OH! Let me guess! And the chocolate pudding is brown and orange huh? Are we supposed to just, like, mix those all up in vials and pour them into the plant one-by-one in that order? UGH! THIS IS SO STUPID!!!!"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

---

Libra wasn't about to let the beast get that satisfaction. His staff in hand, he attempted to shove it into the creature's gaping maw as it went for his neck. If he could keep it pinned to the wall with his body weight, perhaps it would choke? But if not...he risked losing his staff.

"Bwaaah!" Touma only managed to cough out as Severa's ponytail did in fact hit him as she spun around. Such misfortune.

Rubbing his nose with his index finger, grumbling indistinctly to himself once he'd recovered from that ordeal, Touma crossed his arms before standing next to the girl, looking over at the scene with her.

"Well... only one way to find out," he breathed, before grabbing the vials and braving to pour drops of them into the plant, correspondent with Severa's hypothesis from the riddle.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Capri @Jeremi @Crunch @Minerva @Takumi @Lucky @Left

"Gnngh!" Riesbyfe gritted her teeth tightly as the monster before her retaliated promptly, the pain of being pierced stunning her for a hot second, but she had faced worse before. As the monster prepared to go in for the kill, Riesbyfe clenched her free fist, metal in her gauntlet making a soft tinking noise.

"Out of my way, you brutish fiend!" She roared, bearing through the pain before swinging her fist into the monster's jaw in an uppercut, even if it meant painfully prying the claw out of her shoulder as well. As blood flowed out of her wound, Riesbyfe hopped to her feet and attempted to reclaim her advantage, delivering a devastating punch to the monster's chest now, hoping to launch him right into the door again!

@Atomic Knight @Right

The vials contained six different liquids. These liquids were colored red, blue, green, orange, brown, and pink.

Upon inspection of the paper, it seemed there was tiny writing only visible thanks to the magnifying glass. A few sentences were made apparent:

Ivy is a very thirsty girl.

Ivy has a secret and she's got it behind the tank.

Ivy enjoys a glass of wine infused with the sun every morning. For lunch, she tends to have a glass of lemonade, along with a healthy salad with lettuce and tomatoes. At night, she never goes without some chocolate pudding with a glass of apple juice.

The beast seemed to let go for a moment, but then leapt on to the back of Libra's neck to bite it just as he was slamming into the door behind him.

The beast was caught by Frank's chains and it struggled in his grasp. One of its claws appeared to shimmer. The claw burst out of the beast's paw with a sickening squelch and the claw bounced around as if it had the properties of s tray bullet. The claw, undoubtedly powered by forces strong enough to hurt even Frank bounced in the tight corridor toward him.

The first stab by Shigure connected, though the beast was hard to stab again considering the space of the hallway. The pair staggered, locked together for a moment.

The beast seemingly wanted Little My off of it and pushed itself backward so that Little My would be crushed between it and the door.

Not waiting for Riesbyfe's to make another move, the beast leaped backward and bounced off the door to get above the woman. As it came down, it skewered her shoulder with one claw and became pinned against her thanks to the tight space as it tried to stab with the other.

FOO FIGHTERS
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

"Do you see anything?" FF asked.

LITTLE MY
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Right

Little My seemed to not notice the movement until the last minute, where she jumped right off of it.

"Your skin's tough..." she said, before sputtering out a bunch of dog hair.

"Gross! But, whatever,"

She attempted to lunge at the creature again, this time using the wall as a kickboard, before attempting to bite its ear off.​

Severa, looking over at the magnifying glass, blinked at the riddle. "Ugh! I hate riddles!! Let me guess, the plant is Ivy, right? Duh! And what, the stupid wine is the, like, red and blue that gets mixed with the orange sun? And then the stupid pink with red and green? Why does lemonade even need to be pink anyway? Huh? Oh, OH! Let me guess! And the chocolate pudding is brown and orange huh? Are we supposed to just, like, mix those all up in vials and pour them into the plant one-by-one in that order? UGH! THIS IS SO STUPID!!!!"

---

Libra wasn't about to let the beast get that satisfaction. His staff in hand, he attempted to shove it into the creature's gaping maw as it went for his neck. If he could keep it pinned to the wall with his body weight, perhaps it would choke? But if not...he risked losing his staff.

a3fc47adae4b6796b5fc6afd76a14b6bd4116443.jpg

"I guess so, but please calm down." Chise spoke to Severa. Having her upset really didn't help them, but she made some pretty good points.

128f33fe671922ad915dc15bc8af86a681cd2312.jpg

"If we're supposed to mix them...then I guess each beaker represents the morning, lunch, and night?" She suggested.

It was almost like making a potion with a riddle.

bf663fa919756e5ace717b2c9366b07a376693d1.jpg

"Behind the tank, though? Is the tank supposed to be the water cooler?" She pondered aloud.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Minerva @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Capri @Left

Shigure frowned, attempting to use his naginata to slam the beast into the wall of the hallway as hard as possible, trying to use the confined space as some kind of advantage.

@Atomic Knight

[BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM!]

A short volley of explosive bolts suddenly clapped into the creature's shoulder from the darkness, lighting the shadowy chamber with short explosions and rapid muzzle flashes. Titus, utterly unfazed by the rapid tumbling and turning off the room, quickly returned to his feet as he held the trigger for his wrist-mounted gun, belching continuous fire down the thin hallway and drowning whatever stood on the other side in fire and holy munitions.

The thick bolts fired from the gun were large enough to pierce solid steel before detonating their internal charges. A controlled burst of bolter fire would have likely been enough to render the beast into a red mist. Titus hadn't spared a moment even to examine what the monster looked like, let alone what it was capable of - he just started firing. He released the trigger, palming his belt for a sword handle.

The captain stared down the monster with palpable contempt in his eye. If it was still alive, that is. A ragged, monstrous breath wheezed from the other end of the room.

Titus snarled. His slow approach picked up into a rapid, pounding charge. The cerulean marine split the tide of darkness with scintillating chainsaw teeth, as he pulsed the sword-throttle with his fingers. Transfering the momentum into his feet, Titus closed the remaining distance with a single leap, unsheathing a rumbling chainsword from his hip mid-air.

"FOR THE EMPEROR!"

The marine slammed his shoulder into the creature's torso, planting his feet into the floor before swinging the chainsword into its throat.

@Atomic Knight @Right

Touma's approach didn't seem to work. Or at least, nothing happened. "There's not enough to liquid to do more than just drops," Julius noted.

Upon moving the water cooler, a small hole in the wall was visible. "There's a button inside," Makoto said, examining it. "I wonder if it's dangerous to press it--"

Byakuya pressed the button.

A part of the wall opposite the entrance door slid away to reveal a television screen. It turned on to show a message: Long Press, Short Press, Long Press.

"Hrgh... skin, tgh..." the beast said, sounding haggard. It's breath was almost like death to Libra's nose and he would feel there was a cut down his neck. The beast then jumped off him and attempted to use the wall to lunge again, but Libra's tactic worked. The staff was shoved into the beast's mouth and was pinned as Libra closed the distance between them.

Shigure would hear the beast cry out. "Gnngh!" it exclaimed at the pain. As Shigure attempted to slam it, the beast overpowered him and managed to free one clawed hand. "Ough... way..." It spoke a garbled mess of human speech and animalistic grunts as it swung its paw toward Shigure's face. "You brsh... frahh!" Pain blossomed at Shigure's jaw as the force caused him to reel backward and drop his naginata. The beast then jumped forward and delivered a blow to Shigure's chest, knocking him back.

The beast's blood would smell rancid to Little My. The beast reached a claw behind it as Little My jumped, getting it into her mouth and using it to hold her behind it as it pressed against the door again in an attempt to crush her.

Riesbyfe's assault would work. The beast let out painful grunts as the blows connected and it was forced to retract its claw. The beast seemed to stumble backward as Riesbyfe hit it again, knocking it back.

That the beast survived Titus' initial barrage perhaps said something about its strength. It was caught off guard at first, its blood smearing across the door behind it from its initial shoulder wound. It held its arms off as if guarding itself, its claws deflecting the charges. As explosions began to light up the hallway, it seemed to shimmer and glow with magical energy. The beast almost seemed to transform slightly, its hair turning silver as a rod spun in front of it. A magical shield seemed to protect it, just before Titus leaped toward it. "No!" it snarled, one clawed hand reaching up to block the chainsaw. Sparks flew as metal grinded on material at least as hard as metal as the beast pierced Titus' armor to put a second claw into his stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back