Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, you're on your own with that one." Severa's last rant had used up her brainpower. A for effort though.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

---

What was one more scar on his neck? Libra could tend to that later. Right now he needed to finish this. He continued to force the staff into the beast's mouth, determined to make it choke. He had come too far to fail the Multiverse now.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Right

Touma's approach didn't seem to work. Or at least, nothing happened. "There's not enough to liquid to do more than just drops," Julius noted.

Upon moving the water cooler, a small hole in the wall was visible. "There's a button inside," Makoto said, examining it. "I wonder if it's dangerous to press it--"

Byakuya pressed the button.

A part of the wall opposite the entrance door slid away to reveal a television screen. It turned on to show a message: Long Press, Short Press, Long Press.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

"Hrgh... skin, tgh..." the beast said, sounding haggard. It's breath was almost like death to Libra's nose and he would feel there was a cut down his neck. The beast then jumped off him and attempted to use the wall to lunge again, but Libra's tactic worked. The staff was shoved into the beast's mouth and was pinned as Libra closed the distance between them.

Shigure would hear the beast cry out. "Gnngh!" it exclaimed at the pain. As Shigure attempted to slam it, the beast overpowered him and managed to free one clawed hand. "Ough... way..." It spoke a garbled mess of human speech and animalistic grunts as it swung its paw toward Shigure's face. "You brsh... frahh!" Pain blossomed at Shigure's jaw as the force caused him to reel backward and drop his naginata. The beast then jumped forward and delivered a blow to Shigure's chest, knocking him back.

The beast's blood would smell rancid to Little My. The beast reached a claw behind it as Little My jumped, getting it into her mouth and using it to hold her behind it as it pressed against the door again in an attempt to crush her.

Riesbyfe's assault would work. The beast let out painful grunts as the blows connected and it was forced to retract its claw. The beast seemed to stumble backward as Riesbyfe hit it again, knocking it back.

That the beast survived Titus' initial barrage perhaps said something about its strength. It was caught off guard at first, its blood smearing across the door behind it from its initial shoulder wound. It held its arms off as if guarding itself, its claws deflecting the charges. As explosions began to light up the hallway, it seemed to shimmer and glow with magical energy. The beast almost seemed to transform slightly, its hair turning silver as a rod spun in front of it. A magical shield seemed to protect it, just before Titus leaped toward it. "No!" it snarled, one clawed hand reaching up to block the chainsaw. Sparks flew as metal grinded on material at least as hard as metal as the beast pierced Titus' armor to put a second claw into his stomach.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Right

"There was a mention of 'Ivy' having a secret, wasn't there?" She asked as she went to take a look at the button Makoto found.

Long press, short press, long press? Chise decided to test it out following the instructions as best as possible.

@Atomic Knight @Crunch @Jeremi @Ver @Capri @Minerva @Lucky @Left

tumblr_p5g7kpOSHS1tbqin0o4_100.png

"Gah!" Shigure cried out as pain blossomed in his jaw. Hissing as he was hit in the chest, he quickly tried to regain his footing. It could talk? At least a little? Well, that was just nice.

He needed to get to his naginata, and with a grunt he charged at the beast, fist moving to slam into it's own jaw as his free hand reached for his naginata. He hoped that he would bruise if he survived this, anything sprained or broken would just slow him down and cause an unnecessary burden.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone @Right

View attachment 5892

"You're gonna leave us out to dry here?!" Touma exclaimed incredulously as Severa seemed to give up. Despite his outburst though, he did have some faith that she was on the right track. The boy couldn't fathom any other way to interpret the riddle, so he had to bank on the solution still being an in-progress deal, especially once the wall near the door gave way to reveal the television screen.

Pursing his lips slightly, Touma furrowed his brow. Times like these, he'd almost missed the times when he could just punch his way through his problems, but the world never stayed as simple as that for long. Funny enough, perhaps Othinus was the one who taught him that the most, after everything that's happened.

View attachment 5893

"I wonder, though..." Touma mumbled, looking over at the TV. "What did they mean by this?"

As Chise postulated about a secret, Touma furrowed his brow further, putting a finger to his forehead in deep thought. If the so-called secret from the riddle had something to do with the TV, he could only wonder. As for the plant itself though, Touma didn't quite have a green thumb, but now that he thought about it...

"Wait a minute," Touma snapped his fingers, as though another idea had hit him. Opting to show what had come up in his mind instead of vocalizing though, the teen walked over to the supposedly non-functional water cooler and pressed on the tap three times.

The first time, for a good few seconds. The second time, for little more than a second. The third time, a longer while again.

@Minerva @Takumi @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Left

View attachment 5894

"That'll teach you...!" Riesbyfe exclaimed, almost sounding like a teacher scolding a student, or something to that degree. Still, of all things, she gave pause when the monster didn't immediately move again to retaliate. It was that kind of hesitation that the woman couldn't imagine in what she believed to be a feral beast.

In the past, as a Holy Knight, Riesbyfe couldn't have imagined herself hesitating to slay whatever demons and ghouls stood in her way, but ever since her fateful encounter that day with the Night of Wallachia, and all the other bizarre things she'd seen ever since becoming aware of the multiverse at large, her mind had been opened up quite a bit, to say the least.

One such way was to consider different possibilities.

Even if the monster would charge her again, she had to be sure. Even if it would put her at a disadvantage, or get her killed, she had to be sure. She would rather that happen than the other way around, if she was right.

Against all odds, Riesbyfe only held out her free hand to her opponent, and did nothing else, gazing intently at the monster. "Stop!" She barked out fiercely, like a person talking to their dog.

@Atomic Knight @Right

The vials contained six different liquids. These liquids were colored red, blue, green, orange, brown, and pink.

Upon inspection of the paper, it seemed there was tiny writing only visible thanks to the magnifying glass. A few sentences were made apparent:

Ivy is a very thirsty girl.

Ivy has a secret and she's got it behind the tank.

Ivy enjoys a glass of wine infused with the sun every morning. For lunch, she tends to have a glass of lemonade, along with a healthy salad with lettuce and tomatoes. At night, she never goes without some chocolate pudding with a glass of apple juice.

The beast seemed to let go for a moment, but then leapt on to the back of Libra's neck to bite it just as he was slamming into the door behind him.

The beast was caught by Frank's chains and it struggled in his grasp. One of its claws appeared to shimmer. The claw burst out of the beast's paw with a sickening squelch and the claw bounced around as if it had the properties of s tray bullet. The claw, undoubtedly powered by forces strong enough to hurt even Frank bounced in the tight corridor toward him.

The first stab by Shigure connected, though the beast was hard to stab again considering the space of the hallway. The pair staggered, locked together for a moment.

The beast seemingly wanted Little My off of it and pushed itself backward so that Little My would be crushed between it and the door.

Not waiting for Riesbyfe's to make another move, the beast leaped backward and bounced off the door to get above the woman. As it came down, it skewered her shoulder with one claw and became pinned against her thanks to the tight space as it tried to stab with the other.

Frank casually moved to the side as the claw(?) bullet flew past him. "Oh that's pretty snazzy!" He exclaimed walking up to the now chained beast. He looked it straight in the eye trying to size it up. "Poor little thing, what's your deal anyway? Lab experiment? Evil monster? Did that dumb bear mess you up or something? If it's the latter, wanna team up and kick his ass? I'll let you eat him. How does that sound?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Right

LITTLE MY
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky
@Right

Little My struggled against the claw before finally managing to get the claw out of her mouth. She tumbled to the ground and ran to the other side of the room, the side she came out on.

“Ghh... you’re tough... if only Ries were here... she’d take care of you...”

She sat down, changing her strategy up. If the beast attacked, she would move out of the way, tire it out and then pounce.​

Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

" I have only been paying half attention to anything, but did anything happen to Ivy when we gave her the stuff?"
He would take the moment to look at the water cooler to see if it had any of those things to press down. If it did, he would give it a long press, a short press and then another long press.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Ver @Left

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy would have made sure to be in his Shazam form before he went into the portal. He didn't trust the bear and it turned out he was right when he was met with a beast. On instinct, his body would shot itself on fire as a defense. He however didn't attack it. " I'm guessing you don't have much of a choice in protecting this hallway."

@
Atomic Knight

"Pressing the button in that pattern would make sense..." Makoto said, but it was quickly apparent that it didn't work. However, when Touma and Wade tried it on the water cooler, the second long press started to release water.

"It's now fairly obvious what the final solution is," Byakuya said, waiting for the others to catch up.

The beast struggled for a moment, but eventually released itself from Libra's staff. It tumbled to the ground and scurried around the man back down to the opposite end of the hall. The beast then seemed to snarl and speak to itself, though Libra could not hear what it was saying. It seemed to be waiting now for Libra to move.

Shigure could hear the beast snarling some more. "Tch, you...!" it seemed to grunt. It stared Shigure down instead of following up immediately, allowing the charge to connect. "Stop--!" it grunted out as Shigure's blow connected and knocked the beast back.

The beast struggled against Frank's chains. It looked up at him with a feral, hateful look and seemed to still have some fight left in it. It snarled at him, speaking some kind of gibberish that was a cross between animal snarls and human speak.

The beast turned toward Little My. It did not approach immediately, leaving a long stillness to stretch between them. Perhaps it was waiting for Little My to take the next move instead.

Riesbyfe's command seemingly fell on deaf ears as the beast charged her and delivered a harsh strike to her jaw to knock her back. It towered over her, looking almost feral and desperate.

The beast opposite Billy let out a low growl at the sight of him lighting on fire. It raised its clawed paws in a defensive gesture, waiting.

FOO FIGHTERS
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky
@Left

FF grabbed the three beakers and, one at a time, filled them up with water using the pattern that Touma used.

“Pour the vials into them! Just like the note!” she spat out after filling them up.

LITTLE MY
@Atomic Knight
@Right

“Huh...” Little My said, “What are you?”

She didn’t attack, or do anything that would indicate aggression.

She just... approached it. No threats, no aggression.​

Severa got the hint. "Now we, like, give them to the plant?" This had to be, like, THE most convoluted thing ever.

---

Libra took the time to catch his breath, wiping the blood off his neck. He put his staff back and now drew his axe, approaching cautiously. "If you were capable of speech, then perhaps you are capable of understanding it," he said, inching his way towards the end of the hall. "If you leave me alone and let me through, I will leave you alone. But if not, I will finish the job and slay you myself." He wouldn't mention his ability to cast lightning, wanting the beast to think he was only able to fight in a melee sense.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone​

Wade Wilson/Deadpool

" Wait, I got it,"
he replied, going to grab the plant and doing the method again he had tried before. " The plant does need water to not die after all," he replied.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Capri

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy would stare at the beast and without saying another word, would launch the fire far over the beast's head and at the door, making sure not to hit it. " I don't want to hurt you."

@Atomic Knight @Right

FOO FIGHTERS
@Lucky

“What are you doing?”
FF asked Wade, “We’re supposed to mix these liquids using the instructions on the hint that Boss and red hair lady discovered earlier”

"Pressing the button in that pattern would make sense..." Makoto said, but it was quickly apparent that it didn't work. However, when Touma and Wade tried it on the water cooler, the second long press started to release water.

"It's now fairly obvious what the final solution is," Byakuya said, waiting for the others to catch up.

The beast struggled for a moment, but eventually released itself from Libra's staff. It tumbled to the ground and scurried around the man back down to the opposite end of the hall. The beast then seemed to snarl and speak to itself, though Libra could not hear what it was saying. It seemed to be waiting now for Libra to move.

Shigure could hear the beast snarling some more. "Tch, you...!" it seemed to grunt. It stared Shigure down instead of following up immediately, allowing the charge to connect. "Stop--!" it grunted out as Shigure's blow connected and knocked the beast back.

The beast struggled against Frank's chains. It looked up at him with a feral, hateful look and seemed to still have some fight left in it. It snarled at him, speaking some kind of gibberish that was a cross between animal snarls and human speak.

The beast turned toward Little My. It did not approach immediately, leaving a long stillness to stretch between them. Perhaps it was waiting for Little My to take the next move instead.

Riesbyfe's command seemingly fell on deaf ears as the beast charged her and delivered a harsh strike to her jaw to knock her back. It towered over her, looking almost feral and desperate.

The beast opposite Billy let out a low growl at the sight of him lighting on fire. It raised its clawed paws in a defensive gesture, waiting.

Frank's skeletal head let out a soft chuckle. "Got a lot of fight in ya don't ya? Little squirt." He patted the ferocious monster on its head. "Now are ya gonna play nice? I can't wait to see that bears face when I send one of its own monsters at it!" He ruffled up the beasts mane once again. "Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? Or girl...I suppose guess it doesn't matter really." He let the chain go slack for the beast to wriggle free. Not like he couldn't just trap it again or just kill it if it got feisty again.

Byakuya sighed and nodded to FF, indicating to her that he believed this was the case.

"Just put drops in," Makoto said. "In case the pattern is wrong and we have to try again."

At the very least, the first pattern turned out to be correct and once the three beakers of mixed water were poured into the plant, an electronic beep could be heard. One of the wall cabinets slid into the other, revealing a door behind it. A small panel next to the door was unidentifiable.

When Julius went to try the door, Lucas' face popped up on the television screen. "You guys gotta know I love watchin' ya," he said. "But I think we need a bit more goin' on, don't ya think?"

"Clearly," Byakuya said dismissively and with a hint of sarcasm.

The panel beside the door opened to reveal what appeared to be a small pin in the wall. "I actually need some help from y'all. Just a little teeny tiny touch of that needle from... let's say six of ya. You get me? I just need some DNA samples. Pretty please? You'll be out of this room, lickety-split!"

"Is this... normal behavior for this man?" Julius asked.

"Yes," Makoto and Byakuya said in unison.

"..."

Lucas blinked, staring at the camera.

"Well, aren't ya a cute one? Sure, fine, I appreciate creativity. But now it's gonna be eight in total. Since you got two down, another six, boys and girls."

Monokuma pushed into frame suddenly, practically pressing his plushy face against the screen. Lucas let out a swear at the intrusion. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything!" the bear exclaimed. "I just had a free moment to say hi!"

"Sunuva--"

"Oh, you're doing your DNA thing, huh?"
Monokuma looked around the room. "Eugh! Don't get any from ahoge boys and detective girls! Make sure you get some from my darling, my beautiful... my Mystery!" Evidently, Monokuma was talking about Bayonetta with stars in his eyes. "She's always been my favorite student!"

View attachment 5914

"... I really don't like where this is headed," Touma said with a furrowed brow, as it almost seemed like they made some headway only for them to hit another hurdle, whatever else these two had in store for everyone. Still, of all the things he'd faced down before, he could certainly handle a needle, even if God only knew what their DNA would be used for. It almost felt like they were all literally helping him construct a trap to try to take them down with.

With that, he also poked his finger onto the pin to give up his blood.

"Just to think if it was the pizza bear here instead, it would probably be ten times dumber..."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky @Crunch @Minerva @Takumi @Left

View attachment 5915

"Gaaah...!"

Riesbyfe gritted her teeth tightly as she withstood the pain of getting rushed down by the monster, but stood her ground as best as she could, remaining on her feet, trying to ignore the terrible ache in her jaw. Just a little more time. One more chance. She could do this. She knew she wasn't wrong. They had made it this far, and she wouldn't let something like this hold her back.

The woman only continued to relent, refusing to attack her opponent any more, instead attempting to communicate with it. "Enough of this! We don't have to fight! Do you understand what I'm saying?!" She attempted to call out to the beast.

@Atomic Knight @Right

"..."

"Well, aren't ya a cute one? Sure, fine, I appreciate creativity. But now it's gonna be eight in total. Since you got two down, another six, boys and girls."

Monokuma pushed into frame suddenly, practically pressing his plushy face against the screen. Lucas let out a swear at the intrusion. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything!" the bear exclaimed. "I just had a free moment to say hi!"

"Sunuva--"

Monokuma looked around the room. "Eugh! Don't get any from ahoge boys and detective girls! Make sure you get some from my darling, my beautiful... my Mystery!" Evidently, Monokuma was talking about Bayonetta with stars in his eyes. "She's always been my favorite student!"

"..."

"Sunuva--"

"It's funny you should mention that darling," Bayonetta had stood back letting the others use their thinking caps to try and solve the situation, but it looks like that was at the end. "For I had forgotten entirely about you," She sauntered up to where the others were and conjured up a hairpin that she pricked her finger with to draw blood. "Here's some more blood to the sacrifice. Just a reminder that when we meet up again you'll pay in your own blood. This is after all, a give and take society we live in, Lucas luv."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

Once the beast was knocked back, Shigure took a moment to breath, grabbing his naginata and holding it close as he eyed the beast carefully.

"Don't... don't come any closer. Attack me again, and I will cut you down." He gasped out despite the ache in his jaw and chest.

@Atomic Knight @Right

FOO FIGHTERS
@Lucky

“What are you doing?”
FF asked Wade, “We’re supposed to mix these liquids using the instructions on the hint that Boss and red hair lady discovered earlier”

Which redhead was she referring to? Chise tilted her head slightly.

"So there's no confusion, that's Severa and I'm Chise." She muttered, pointing to the other redhead when mentioned, then to herself.

"..."

"Sunuva--"

aeca8c405e41a7d2d2a1c92b706a934e37b50bb8.jpg

Chise covered her nose at the smell of blood, before moving forward to prick her own finger for her own DNA. She didn't know what they'd need the DNA for, but she was sure it was for something to use against them.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Crunch @Lucky @Minerva @Left

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back