Status
Not open for further replies.
"I literally don't know what you just said," Zatanna flatly said to Ellis. Touma moved as needed, landing behind the would-be barrier meanwhile, hopefully with Mason and Severa in tow.

"Y'ever think about how what you do can be considered overkill sometimes, kid?" Constantine whistled at Ben's display, stepping back and raising his hand in front of himself, his hand shifting as though getting ready to snap his fingers, as though intent on letting the rubble fall into place before activating the talisman barrier with that.

"Do it. And then we'll need to be on our way!"

@Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh

"I literally don't know what you just said," Zatanna flatly said to Ellis. Touma moved as needed, landing behind the would-be barrier meanwhile, hopefully with Mason and Severa in tow.

"Y'ever think about how what you do can be considered overkill sometimes, kid?" Constantine whistled at Ben's display, stepping back and raising his hand in front of himself, his hand shifting as though getting ready to snap his fingers, as though intent on letting the rubble fall into place before activating the talisman barrier with that.

"Do it. And then we'll need to be on our way!"

@Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh

pyBVyQI.jpg

"Now that you mention it, Diamondhead is probably a more conven- well, no time to switch! Let's light zis up!"

NRG fires his rays at the ceiling. First, it melted the ceiling above the hordes, covering the Revanchist mages in a layer of gooey, solid-liquid rock dripping from above that began to harden. Next, the same molten material oozed downwards, near where the barrier was supposed to form, prepared to act as a supplement to its incomplete nature.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh

This certainly...this was no normal darkness. This was rather, more like a vacuum, devoid of light, sucking everything into its black nothing. Kitty backed away slightly and stood up, while still looking at the darkness with a frown, and maybe a bit of concern that might have been on her expression. Rolling her eyes at Ingrid's comment about her really not all that pretty face, she yelled back into the darkness.

"All right, Ingrid, got it. Also, careful, there's some...monsters up here. Wait, hang on, give me a moment."

Turning towards the situation over there, and seeing the returning swarm of crystals, Kitty had quickly put on her earmuffs to avoid the horrible, ear-splitting noise of crystalline creatures. Sure, the sudden lack of noise left her alone with her thoughts, but they also stopped her sensitive ears from causing the sounds to overwhelm her and prevent her from doing anything. So this was a lesser evil. Closing her eyes, Kitty created a magical forcefield of sorts around the area she was in. The forcefield would zap up any of the crystalline creatures, but it was incredibly flimsy, and fairly small, as Kitty avoided making it too big as to not exhaust herself out.

Sighing tiredly, Kitty hoped that forcefield could take enough hits for Ingrid to get out of there. She turned back to the darkness, and crossed her arms with a serious expression, staying in one position that Ingrid could see. She briefly considered creating light for Ingrid to see, but considering even her police-tier torch couldn't hold a light to the darkness, she dropped the tiring idea.

"Come on, I know the gravity must be hard to deal it, but we have far more problems up here then a dark hole. You might want to cover your ears, if you hear the shrieks from those cretinous creatures that's attacking us."

She spoke fast and monotonously, but with a sense of urgency. She kept looking back at her barely conjured forcefield that was fading by the minute.

@Yun Lee @Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay

The monster had had the element of surprise when the battle started, but now the overwhelming odds was catching up to it. Even through Deoxys assault it attempted to slash at Majima, but its claws harmlessly passed through him as the Yakuza member turned into a mass of shadows and stabbed him in the back.

Schala's attack was about to come next as a cry echoed out through the area. "No!" If anyone turned around they'd find a bearded well dressed man pleading to the group. "Stop killing my husband!" The man spoke with a tinge of a Spanish accent.

@Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @York @C+M Group
Schala Zeal
@Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Jeremi
@C+M Group

Schala blinked, suddenly freezing in place as the bolt of lighting lingered in her hand.

"Hus... Band...? I thought he..." She cast her gaze around the room where she presumed the body parts still lingered.

Though she had garnered much skill and experience in battle after going toe to toe with Jiren... She found herself dropping her guard for the better or worse, realizing she might be about to kill someone who was supposed to have been innocent.​

Schala Zeal
@Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Jeremi
@C+M Group

Schala blinked, suddenly freezing in place as the bolt of lighting lingered in her hand.

"Hus... Band...? I thought he..." She cast her gaze around the room where she presumed the body parts still lingered.

Though she had garnered much skill and experience in battle after going toe to toe with Jiren... She found herself dropping her guard for the better or worse, realizing she might be about to kill someone who was supposed to have been innocent.​

Then suddenly something dawned on Clea. "Wait...I know who you are."

9Rkd4EL.png

"Extrano."

The man visibly winced when Clea said that time. "Uugh, do not call me that. Please just call me Gregorio," He then pointed over to the now bleeding monster. "And that's my husband Hugh."

"Well I prefer the Tasamnian Devil when I'm on the job," The monster responded with a thick Australian accent as it clutched its bleeding side.

"I was waiting on someone to notice," Merlin finally said as she knelled down next to Castle to dispel the paralysis.

"Wait, you knew? And you didn't tell any of us?!" Clea couldn't believe what she was hearing. "We could've killed each ot- Could someone please turn off that music?"

*Click*

Gregorio stopped the music from playing and now they were all just standing there in silence before Merlin continued. "Considering our circumstances I wished to see how well everyone worked together. It's clear that we need a lot more work to become a true unit."

Castle spoke up next as he got back up from the floor. "Yeah I mean, good shoot, Clea."

"No, I helped with her aim," Merlin replied smiling at the Spirit of Vengeance. "I knew if you were given the chance you would have utterly obliterated the man."

Castle acted utterly shocked at the insinuation. "Hey! I wouldn't have done that! I'm not that kind o- no yeah I would've totally killed him. You got me."

Clea could only sigh as she turned back towards Gregorio. "Let's patch everyone up, alright?"

Soon everyone who had been hurt had been healed and Gregorio came in on Hugh, who had now reverted back to his human blond self, to give him a kiss on the lips. "You're an utter idiot, you know that?"

Hugh tried to defend himself. "Hey! It's not my fault these drongo's didn't say who they were! I don't know all of your work friends after all!"

"Yes, mistakes were made on both sides," Clea's response had an added glare aimed towards Merlin who acted like she didn't notice. "But I am happy we could resolve this and..." She looked around the scattered body parts and blood on the floor. "Like that."

"Yeah...I got a bit carried away didn't I? Gregorio asked me to tag along due to this whole situation and I had to say yes. I don't get called in on these multiversal threats that often believe it or not."

"Oh that was the only reason you came with me?" Hugh put his arm around his husband. "And to look after you, of course."

"I thought so."

"So what actually is this place?" Clea asked looking around the area. "I don't think I've ever been here before."

"Not many people have," Gregorio replied. "Welcome to MEUs gathering of magical artifacts that we have acquired over the years by either sting operations or even by buying them from shady merchants all across the multiverse. I'm the curator of sorts but even I don't know everything that's here, that's why I was contacted to try and catalog everything."

"That seems to be quite the job for just one person," Clea replied amazed.

"Well obviously there are more of us, I just happen to be the one on work today."

She nodded. "That would explain Revanchist's interest with these place. And you fought them off all by yourself?" She asked Hugh pretty surprised.

"Yeah well, people don't expect massive Tasmanian Devil's showing up to rip them to shreds do they?"

"I...suppose that's true." A silence followed her response. Now was probably a good time for the others to ask questions if they were curious.​

@Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @York
@C+M Group

With that, after Ben had done his work, Constantine snapped his fingers, and with that, the incomplete barrier finally materialized, effectively blocking their way without any hope of penetrating through. The talismans glowed a cyan as a corresponding barrier of pure magical energy formed, with of course only a small gap that was otherwise blocked off by heavy rubble.

While the mages -- those who remained on the other side of the corridor -- tried hopelessly to blast through despite their best efforts, the blonde man let out a relieved sigh, fishing his hands through his pockets again. "Good show, mates. If you don't mind, this calls for an indulgence... for me, at least."

"And you're sure they won't be able to break through?" Zatanna inquired as Constantine took out his so-called indulgence, lighting a cigarette and having a nice smoke, taking a moment to respond to the raven-haired magician as he turned around, his trenchcoat fluttering slightly with his movement as he faced the other way.

n-D32-QDYLRCOSGV2-Rc-Pn-YOw.png

"Mmph, mmhmm," Constantine uttered profoundly, before eventually pulling the smoke out, letting out a soft puff before looking at Zatanna, "It ain't like I'd go through the trouble of having to chant some old codswallop for a barrier that'd just be as effective as something you could conjure up at a moment's notice. Those tossers ought to just find another way around if they wanna get to Origin in a timely manner."

"Speaking of Origin, you mentioned that its general direction is likely down the hall on our own end?"

"Aye, lassie. And the sooner we can get there, the sooner we can make sure it's under a trustful eye," the man responded, before gesturing for everyone to follow his lead, moving forward with that.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964752.jpg

"... They really are persistent. How many of those guys does this Revan even have under his belt?" Touma idly commented, feeling a little uncomfortable at the sight of the mages uselessly continuing to shoot spells at them, as though they didn't realize nothing they could immediately cast could break through the barrier. Following Constantine along with Zatanna and Carissa, the boy let out a relieved sigh, though he knew there was no time to celebrate this small victory that was hardly to last.

"Anyway, is everyone alright?"

@Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @Yun Lee

With that, after Ben had done his work, Constantine snapped his fingers, and with that, the incomplete barrier finally materialized, effectively blocking their way without any hope of penetrating through. The talismans glowed a cyan as a corresponding barrier of pure magical energy formed, with of course only a small gap that was otherwise blocked off by heavy rubble.

While the mages -- those who remained on the other side of the corridor -- tried hopelessly to blast through despite their best efforts, the blonde man let out a relieved sigh, fishing his hands through his pockets again. "Good show, mates. If you don't mind, this calls for an indulgence... for me, at least."

"And you're sure they won't be able to break through?" Zatanna inquired as Constantine took out his so-called indulgence, lighting a cigarette and having a nice smoke, taking a moment to respond to the raven-haired magician as he turned around, his trenchcoat fluttering slightly with his movement as he faced the other way.

n-D32-QDYLRCOSGV2-Rc-Pn-YOw.png

"Mmph, mmhmm," Constantine uttered profoundly, before eventually pulling the smoke out, letting out a soft puff before looking at Zatanna, "It ain't like I'd go through the trouble of having to chant some old codswallop for a barrier that'd just be as effective as something you could conjure up at a moment's notice. Those tossers ought to just find another way around if they wanna get to Origin in a timely manner."

"Speaking of Origin, you mentioned that its general direction is likely down the hall on our own end?"

"Aye, lassie. And the sooner we can get there, the sooner we can make sure it's under a trustful eye," the man responded, before gesturing for everyone to follow his lead, moving forward with that.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964752.jpg

"... They really are persistent. How many of those guys does this Revan even have under his belt?" Touma idly commented, feeling a little uncomfortable at the sight of the mages uselessly continuing to shoot spells at them, as though they didn't realize nothing they could immediately cast could break through the barrier. Following Constantine along with Zatanna and Carissa, the boy let out a relieved sigh, though he knew there was no time to celebrate this small victory that was hardly to last.

"Anyway, is everyone alright?"

@Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @Yun Lee

With a beeping noise and a flash of green light, the walking nuclear meltdown known as NRG had transformed back into the human Ben Tennyson. Radiation levels drastically dropped.

ESgMD2x.jpg

"All that intensity for a bunch of minions. Can't say I'm looking forward to the big boss," Ben adds, "then again, they were pretty coordinated for your typical low-tier minions, and practically limitless. The Revanchist is a lot more prepared than we might think."

Ben looks to Touma and nods, "I'm good, and you?"

@Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @Yun Lee

"Just give me a moment...I should be up there shortly!" Ingrid continued to float up, finally reaching Kitty. As she got back into the stairwell, she smiled at the seer. "That's better! It appears our dear friend the Revanchist mage had fallen down here before me. But they left us some nasty traps in the form of those beasts...how is the fighting going, exactly?"

Ingrid poked her head out, noticing the situation out in the hall. "Ah, it's still going. I suppose I'll need to use my powers, then?" Putting her hands together, Ingrid twirled in a pirouette, sending out a beam of sparkling energy that disintegrated the next round of shards coming towards the group. "Pardon me, everyone! But I have an idea! Smash up every crystal you can, and send them down into this stairwell! Trust me, they won't be coming back when they're down here!"

"Uh...I'll try...!" Despite the poison, Casta used what power she could to lift up the shards strewn about from Blitz's attacks, sending them down into the stairwell, where they vanished down into the abyss. "K-Keep smashing! I'll keep sending them out..."

"And I'll get a healing spell working!" Ingrid traced a circle in the air, creating a sigil made of orange energy. The effect of the poison started to slow, and even Blitz would find his body more resilient to the damage done to him. "Just a bit longer until it charges...try not to die until then!"

@Sark @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @MelodyMeister

Kitty didn't return Ingrid's smile, but instead, a sigh in relief. She herself nearly cracked her head in that blackness, so she was glad Ingrid was safe. As she looked at Ingrid's remark on there being another person who had fallen, Kitty recognised it as the second pair of footprints that appear should she focus hard on the ground. So THAT was who that footprint belonged to....well, atleast it wasn't an ally. As cruel as that sounded. Dispersing the forcefield, Kitty breathed hard while resting.

Just as she turned to face the fight, she overheard Ingrid just behind her, and turned around to see the girl spin and create a bright beam of energy. Impressive, and flashy as well. However, Kitty was not one for flashiness, she merely saw it as an unintended side effect. Nodding at Ingrid without a word, Kitty stared right back at the battlefield.

Goodness, she was worn out. She needed more practice, but exhaustion was no excuse for mediocrity. Stepping forward to the front lines along with the others, Kitty took out something that would definitely tire her out less then raw magic spells: Her wand. As she was merely withdrawing energy from the gem, not focusing her own, it wouldn't be as tiring. Now, what should she disperse....

Right. Just right back to the classics then. Holding her wand with two hands, Kitty's wand shook at it projected a narrow ray of pure heat energy. While the range was tiny, it projected straight across the hall with no fading light at the end, and the brightness and the intense convection of it meant that this little laser was dangerous.

Kitty moved her wand around nimblely and carefully as not to burn anyone, instantly melting any crystal shard that the destructive little laser touched.

@Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay @Sark @MelodyMeister

Kitty tool a few deep breaths as she saw the swarms of insects and crystalline mini monsters. She kept her earmuffs around her ears. The usually tan girl was still pale from the shock of nearly falling to her death. After all, she was falling head first, so even if that unending darkness did have an end, she would still be....

Rather then use up anymore magic, Kitty instead, leaned on a wall. She took deep breaths, while a battle of locusts and magic was happening just a bit away. How selfish was she? She was freeloading off of the others to beat the enemies for her, while she was just standing there trying to calm down. Pathetic. Closing her eyes, Kitty felt annoying visions of different events and memories start to creep into the darkness. Strangely, they calmed her down instead, so much so, that she took off her earmuffs.
After a minute or so of hearing battle cries, magical effects and swarming bugs, the battlefield over there quieted to reletive silence. Opening her eyes, Kitty started to walked over to everybody. She was distant and listless as always, but she seemed to have a melancholy look on her. Her eyes were looking away, as she winced when she saw the grotesque stings.

"....Sorry. I was busy nearly dying back there, while you all were dying out here. Those stings must have poison, you all look so faint. Here, I'll try and cast a quick, healing spell. It won't do anything extreme, but I..think, I hope it helps you. Sorry, I guess, about the fact I couldn't help earlier."

Kitty conjured a red glowing ball around her hands. She appeared to be sweating from the effort. The glowing ball faded away, and dispersed. The healing spell was weak, obviously intended to just slow down ailments and patch up small cuts, before a proper healing spell was applied. Casting another ball, Kitty stopped.​
"No need to waste your magic on me, Kitty!" The torch, oddly enough, did not light anything up. This space was pure blackness, as if a complete void of pure nothingness. Even so, it continued to stay lit and continued to fall, but was soon caught midair by Ingrid, who was slowly floating upwards on an orange disklike sigil. "I can take care of myself, just keep that cute little face of your out here in the darkness! This gravity is giving me such difficulties..."

Meanwhile, within the battle, Kitty's healing spell, while not fully eliminating the poison within, certainly halfed it, giving the three infected some better clarity and allowing Guy's vision to clear and put the ring on his finger. But even so, more crystal shards were on their way, the dozens of creatures shrieking and filling the hall.

@MelodyMeister @Sark @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost

Things were going bad. No matter how much Blitz tried to crush and destroy the hazards, nothing would come of it. Never before had his strength failed him this much. He looked back at Ren, Guy, and Casta, who were in moderate stress. If he couldn't fulfill his purpose through attacks, then he'd have to go on the defensive. He quickly moved to the best position where he could use his large body to block shards. "HOLD ON. I WILL BLOCK THE PROJECTILES."

Instead of getting close and punching the creatures, he was now shooting his hands forward to punch them at a distance, but at a much slower rate compared to before, given that his hands needed to re-attach to his arms to do another attack.

As the shards grew in intensity, they began hitting slightly weaker parts of his body, resulting in minor dents and scratches here and there, but perhaps nothing too serious. The likelihood of a shard getting lodged into an important component, such as his eyes, was not high, but the possibility still existed. Nevertheless, he remained acting as a shield, perhaps until Guy put his red ring on.​

"Jesus-CHRIST-this-is-stinging-like-I-don't-know-what-fuu---!!!" Guy exclaimed, Red flames leaping from his ring. Clutching his right arm has hard as he could, Guy continued to speak through gritted teeth, swallowing the pain of his Red Lantern transformation. "Blood-on-fire-blood-on-fire-blood-on-fire-yup-its-exactly-how-I-remember-it-JESUS!!!I'M-GONNA-SPE--"

In a groaning gasp he threw his head to the side, coughing up a stream of burning crimson napalm.

"God Dammit!!"

One Green-Red Flash and a couple more splutters later, Guy rolled back up onto his feet, wiped his face clean and sighed.
View attachment 3816
"So that hurt like a bitch, but hey, I think I'm good now. Thank's for the cover Blitz, but now that's out of my system... Hell, now that I've got now blood to burn, it's time we showed these crystal sons of bitches who they're messing with!!!"

In another flash, a long, grunting chainsaw appeared within Guy's grasp, licks of fire dancing across its blade.
View attachment 3817
"What do you say we find out how many tiny little pieces we can smash these little crystal shits into before they can't put themselves back together again?!!?!! "

With a rebel yell, he jumped, kicked off from Blitz' back and charged headlong into the fray. He swung his burning blade from side to side, not caring for his own health, succumbing entirely to the rage of his ring. And he wasn't going to stop swinging, slashing and burning. Not until the crystal creeps scurried off to whenever hellhole they'd jumped out of.

"Go on!!! Eat this!! Have a taste of that ol' Garnder fury!!!"

@Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Kaykay

Quentin blinked his bleary eyes, not really understanding what was going on. He mostly kept to himself, just following the crowd- not even pay attention to the others words.

Honestly, Quentin was kind of becoming desensitized to this whole new place, new hell type deal. He was just happy to not be covered in his own blood or being hunted down by some crazed killer every two seconds. Quentin barely even realised there was a fight happening moments prior, too busy swimming in his own head. In his defense, no one had even really noticed him tagging along. He yawned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he walked closer to the others.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Josh @Alex Azure

The creatures were no match for the group now, and they continued to fall to pieces, which Casta would lift and toss right into the abyss until nothing remained of them. Finally, the hall was cleaned out, and everything was silent.

"Ngh..." Casta fell to her knees, the poison in her system back to where it was before. "In...grid...is it...ready...?"

"Just about...aha! Here we go~" The sigil now glowing brilliantly, Ingrid laid her hands flat upon it and pushed it out into the group. Almost immediately, all injuries and ailments were healed, and everyone was every bit as healthy as they were upon arriving at the House of Mystery. "Feeling better, everyone? I do detest using my powers so much...but I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures."

Casta sighed in relief, standing up. "I'm just glad everyone is okay! Ugh, but we've lost so much time! I suppose we're going to need to open more doors if we're going to find the one we need..."

"Hooh-hoh-hoh! No need for that!" Clasping her hands together as if in prayer, Ingrid muttered something under her breath. A strange pulse of energy reverberated throughout the hallway, only feeling like a sudden gust of wind on everyone there. "Ah...I see. Those creatures we were dealing with are called the Devouring Earth. They're natural beings from another world who were summoned by a Revanchist mage who got here before us using a trap sigil. Two of them we fought, the other two are locked behind other doors...and the mage themself fell for the stairwell abyss trick."

Casta walked up to each of the four trick doors, tracing a sigil of her own. "This spell will override the traps," she said. She glanced behind her at her fellow Coven member. "Ingrid, how are you able to do that?"

"Oh dear Casta...I've already told you I'm far more powerful than you can imagine!" Giggling to herself, Ingrid idly tossed her hair over her shoulder. "Anywho, there's no need to waste time opening any more doors. I now know where we need to go to move on." The girl walked to the corner of the room, where Guy would recognize from his earlier analysis had some smudging on the wall. Grabbing the corner of the carpeting, Ingrid peeled it back, revealing a door on the ground. Opening it, a stairway down could be seen. "Ta-da! Now, let's not waste any more time. We have a Great Spirit to save!"

@Sark @MelodyMeister @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay

Quentin blinked his bleary eyes, not really understanding what was going on. He mostly kept to himself, just following the crowd- not even pay attention to the others words.

Honestly, Quentin was kind of becoming desensitized to this whole new place, new hell type deal. He was just happy to not be covered in his own blood or being hunted down by some crazed killer every two seconds. Quentin barely even realised there was a fight happening moments prior, too busy swimming in his own head. In his defense, no one had even really noticed him tagging along. He yawned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he walked closer to the others.

Putting his arm on Quinten, his patted the young guy on his back. Wiping the sweat of his own brow, he turned and pulled away.

"You okay, man? That was, umm, a lot. Oh nice beanie, by the way. Shit! Where's my manors? I'm Ellis .

Still nearby the boy, Ellis looked at Zatanna. This whole situation, Ellis felt useless. Sure, he normally was when he helped out, but this? This felt different.

"Miss Zatanna, are we all gonna die? Normally I feel unstoppable, but this? Tell me you gotta plan?"

"I'm fine. I'm not looking forward to whatever's waiting for us later on either though. If that onslaught was just a drop in the water, all things considered..." Touma responded to Ben, putting a finger to his chin.

rare18.png

"Mad lad's been planning this a long time,"
Constantine piped in about Revan, still enjoying his smoke, "Whatever that bloke's plannin', he needs all the firepower he can get. They say he's got at least three entire armies under his finger, at minimum. And who knows just who exactly stands in his ranks, and what they're capable of? Especially after Othinus..."

As the group stumbled upon Quentin, Zatanna gave a slight wave. "A straggler? How'd you get over here?" She asked him, before Ellis turned his attention toward her, the raven-haired woman uneasily side-eyeing him.

"I mean... once we reach Origin, we just need to push back the Revanchist for as long as we can, preferably until they need to retreat," she answered, "As long as I can help it, no one's gonna die."

"Everyone dies eventually. No need to fear it,"
Carissa said from the side. "Being paralyzed in the face of it will just bring it closer to you."

"Thank you, Carissa. Your input is wildly appreciated," Zatanna spoke irritably.

@Josh @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Space_Candy

"I'm fine too, or whatever." With all that nonsense out of the way, Severa went ahead and started healing whoever needed it. With everything finally back to normal, it was a good time to practice her healing skills. "Revan can throw whatever he wants at us. If we could handle a Magic God, we can handle him!"

@Ver @Alex Azure @Crow @Josh @Space_Candy

Quentin jumped at the feeling of someone touching his back, craning his head to face the man beside him. He looked about his age, he blinked owlishly at him, at the man spoke at high-speed; complimenting his beanie and introducing himself as Ellis.
In return, Quentin gave an awkward smirk and nod.

"Thanks, I'm Quentin." Before turning his attention to the other voice speaking to him- which belonged to a pretty woman.

"I uhh, just followed people I don't really know how I got here," he said honestly, a shrug rolling of his shoulder.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Josh

"Oh, GAWDS. You just stumbled into this whole mess?!" Eesh! "Look, we can't have a liability on our hands right now, so take this." Severa practically shoved her lamce into Quentin's arms. "I'm a better healer than a fighter, so I don't need it. You'll probably be better with it than I am. Oh-I'm Severa by the way."

@Space_Candy

9Rkd4EL.png

"Extrano."

The man visibly winced when Clea said that time. "Uugh, do not call me that. Please just call me Gregorio," He then pointed over to the now bleeding monster. "And that's my husband Hugh."

"Well I prefer the Tasamnian Devil when I'm on the job," The monster responded with a thick Australian accent as it clutched its bleeding side.

"I was waiting on someone to notice," Merlin finally said as she knelled down next to Castle to dispel the paralysis.

"Wait, you knew? And you didn't tell any of us?!" Clea couldn't believe what she was hearing. "We could've killed each ot- Could someone please turn off that music?"

*Click*

Gregorio stopped the music from playing and now they were all just standing there in silence before Merlin continued. "Considering our circumstances I wished to see how well everyone worked together. It's clear that we need a lot more work to become a true unit."

Castle spoke up next as he got back up from the floor. "Yeah I mean, good shoot, Clea."

"No, I helped with her aim," Merlin replied smiling at the Spirit of Vengeance. "I knew if you were given the chance you would have utterly obliterated the man."

Castle acted utterly shocked at the insinuation. "Hey! I wouldn't have done that! I'm not that kind o- no yeah I would've totally killed him. You got me."

Clea could only sigh as she turned back towards Gregorio. "Let's patch everyone up, alright?"

Soon everyone who had been hurt had been healed and Gregorio came in on Hugh, who had now reverted back to his human blond self, to give him a kiss on the lips. "You're an utter idiot, you know that?"

Hugh tried to defend himself. "Hey! It's not my fault these drongo's didn't say who they were! I don't know all of your work friends after all!"

"Yes, mistakes were made on both sides," Clea's response had an added glare aimed towards Merlin who acted like she didn't notice. "But I am happy we could resolve this and..." She looked around the scattered body parts and blood on the floor. "Like that."

"Yeah...I got a bit carried away didn't I? Gregorio asked me to tag along due to this whole situation and I had to say yes. I don't get called in on these multiversal threats that often believe it or not."

"Oh that was the only reason you came with me?" Hugh put his arm around his husband. "And to look after you, of course."

"I thought so."

"So what actually is this place?" Clea asked looking around the area. "I don't think I've ever been here before."

"Not many people have," Gregorio replied. "Welcome to MEUs gathering of magical artifacts that we have acquired over the years by either sting operations or even by buying them from shady merchants all across the multiverse. I'm the curator of sorts but even I don't know everything that's here, that's why I was contacted to try and catalog everything."

"Well obviously there are more of us, I just happen to be the one on work today."

She nodded. "That would explain Revanchist's interest with these place. And you fought them off all by yourself?" She asked Hugh pretty surprised.

"Yeah well, people don't expect massive Tasmanian Devil's showing up to rip them to shreds do they?"

"I...suppose that's true." A silence followed her response. Now was probably a good time for the others to ask questions if they were curious.​

@C+M Group
"So, these mutilated corpses were all with the Revanchist?"

36a1caf1ed1ca782983807c72e3820ca.png

The lithe alien that had assaulted the 'Tasmanian Devil' had long ceased its assault upon the (apparently) well-spoken beast when Gregorio made his entrance. Deoxys hadn't accounted for the fact that it could have peered into Hugh's mind to divine his true intentions, but the heat of the moment turned the Pokemon to action. Deoxys stood humbled, though it maintained its speed forme and kept a wary perimeter around Hugh where he stood.

"I have a question. It is ultimately Clea and Merlin's choice of what our plan is, but, is there any way we may locate and regroup with the other teams?"

Deoxys looked to Clea. "There does not seem to be a visible exit from this storage. However, if we are expecting more enemies, we may wish to remain here."

The pokemon deferred to the leaders of the team, tilting its head as it continued to stare at the wounded Hugh. A fascinating creature, Deoxys had more questions to ask of him, but they would have to wait.

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @York @C+M Group

9Rkd4EL.png

"Extrano."

*Click*

"I thought so."

@C+M Group
"So, these mutilated corpses were all with the Revanchist?"

36a1caf1ed1ca782983807c72e3820ca.png

The lithe alien that had assaulted the 'Tasmanian Devil' had long ceased its assault upon the (apparently) well-spoken beast when Gregorio made his entrance. Deoxys hadn't accounted for the fact that it could have peered into Hugh's mind to divine his true intentions, but the heat of the moment turned the Pokemon to action. Deoxys stood humbled, though it maintained its speed forme and kept a wary perimeter around Hugh where he stood.

"I have a question. It is ultimately Clea and Merlin's choice of what our plan is, but, is there any way we may locate and regroup with the other teams?"

Deoxys looked to Clea. "There does not seem to be a visible exit from this storage. However, if we are expecting more enemies, we may wish to remain here."

The pokemon deferred to the leaders of the team, tilting its head as it continued to stare at the wounded Hugh. A fascinating creature, Deoxys had more questions to ask of him, but they would have to wait.

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @York @C+M Group

Schala Zeal
@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@C+M Group

So these bodies... All these corpses... They were Revanchist.

Schala didn't look to comfortable with that, even if they were from the other side. Such brutality just... Wasn't her style, even if she did understand these were somewhat desperate times.

"What did they look like? The Revanchist that you... Found?" Schala asked, gingerly looking around at what was left of the corpses strewn about.

Of course, their team work could use some work, but she personally wanted to get a good idea what the Revanchist forces were capable of. Surely they didn't just send mundane footsoldiers to try and take down something like a great spirit, right?​

"So you're not affiliated or working with the Coalition or UN?" Ben asks Quentin. "Maybe we'll have to figure a way to send you home... but we're kinda in a situation now."

Ben then turns to the new person with a smile.

"Anyways, the name's Ben, Ben Tennyson.

So you don't remember much before you came here, huh? Think there's a chance you... well... hit your head and lost track of it? I might be able to help with that."

@Ver @Josh @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Space_Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back