Status
Not open for further replies.
Ren's attack worked as hoped, sending the shards flying back towards the creature at top speeds. Caught in the crossfire, Ingrid dashed down a stairwell to her right. A sudden shriek could be heard along with the sound of shattering gems.

Wasting no time, Casta used her sorcery to lift up the shards, creating a shield around the rest of the group as Blitz turned the monster into little shards of its own. Sighing in relief, Casta used her magic to close the door it came from. "Okay! That door is strictly off-limits. Let me see if one of these storage rooms has a vaccuum cleaner..."
Satisfied with the results, Blitz returned to his standard posture and walked back over to the group as his mechanical parts began to cool down.​
"Well, I was hoping for a creature name or something, but guess you can't beat the obvious."

Ren grumbled as Blitzcrank charged forward and smashed apart the crystalline creature with a punch. He hadn't been quite sure what to expect from the robot and their enemy, but at least for now things seemed to proceed smoothly.

"Anyway, good job...guy," Ren paused for a moment, not sure what to call the robot since he'd been somewhat mentally checked out during introductions. Even without Casta's warning he had little intention of going through the door the monster came from, so he decided to just continue peering through some of the other doors for now.
When Ren clarified his question, the automaton stared at him for a few seconds, cogs turning a little bit faster. He was disappointed in himself for misinterpreting the true meaning of his question. "I AM SORRY," he replied, "I WILL INVESTIGATE." He promptly marched over to Ingrid and Castaspella, thinking that fully answering Ren's question was of vital importance. "DO YOU KNOW THE NAME OF THE CRYSTALLINE CONSTRUCT?"

Then, he remembered that he had not exchanged names with Ren. Yet another mistake. "OOPS. EXCUSE ME--" he said, turning to Ren again, "MY NAME IS BLITZCRANK, BUT YOU MAY CALL ME BLITZ. WHAT IS YOUR NAME?"

Casta gasped as the mess cleaned itself up. "Technology really is amazing, isn't it? I wish I was able to use it more, but they tried teaching me how to use something called a 'toaster' last week. As it turns out, you can only toast solids. Ha, who knew?"

As the group wondered what the creature was, Casta tapped her chin in thought. "I...don't know, actually. I work with crystals plenty back in Mystacor, but never have there been any living ones. But we should be careful opening doors from now on-I get the feeling Revan's mage goons might have booby-trapped a few of them."

Casta knelt on the floor, opening the bag and taking a shard out, examining it. She sighed and shook her head, unable to classify it. "It seems like regular quartz to me, but I don't know. What do you think, Ingrid? You usually know a lot of weird things, do you-" She looked around, realizing her fellow Coven member was nowhere to be seen. "Ingrid? Ingrid! Where did she run off to?"

@Sark @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @MelodyMeister @C+I​

Casta gasped as the mess cleaned itself up. "Technology really is amazing, isn't it? I wish I was able to use it more, but they tried teaching me how to use something called a 'toaster' last week. As it turns out, you can only toast solids. Ha, who knew?"

As the group wondered what the creature was, Casta tapped her chin in thought. "I...don't know, actually. I work with crystals plenty back in Mystacor, but never have there been any living ones. But we should be careful opening doors from now on-I get the feeling Revan's mage goons might have booby-trapped a few of them."

Casta knelt on the floor, opening the bag and taking a shard out, examining it. She sighed and shook her head, unable to classify it. "It seems like regular quartz to me, but I don't know. What do you think, Ingrid? You usually know a lot of weird things, do you-" She looked around, realizing her fellow Coven member was nowhere to be seen. "Ingrid? Ingrid! Where did she run off to?"

@Sark @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @MelodyMeister @C+I
"Oh crap, time to file a missing persons report..." Guy muttered to himself, removing his Indigo Ring. In a flash of purple light, his clothes transformed yet again, and he was back to wearing an ordinary shirt and some jeans. In the blink of an eye, his staff shattered into a thousands of shards of light-glass."Fat lot of good Indigo's gonna do now. Gonna have to try on something a little more old school." Returning his Indigo Ring to his necklace, Guy plucked off his Green Ring in its stead.

[Guy Gardner of Sector 2814...]

View attachment 3799

"Purple never was my colour anyway..."

250px-Guy_Gardner_Rebirth.jpg

"Aw-right, then," Guy muttered, popping his new Green and white collar. "Ring, let's set up a crime scene. Search for a trail of bread crumbs. Scan the area in search of any foot prints, or fresh finger prints, or stray hairs. Anything that could point us in the direction of Ingrid..."

In a heart beat, a flicker of Green danced across the hallway, scanning walls, floors, door handles and chandlers a like, and delicately searching them like a forensics officer in search of clues.

[SEARCH FOR TARGET INITIATED]

"Come on now... She can't have gone far..."

@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @MelodyMeister @C+I​

The ring's forensics sweep did actually reveal a few things of interest:

-All doors had fingerprints on them, meaning at some point or another they had all been opened.
-On the door the creature had come out of, there was some sort of weird smudging in a distinct shape, almost as if a pattern had deliberately drawn onto it. Said smudging could be seen on three other doors not yet opened.
-At the far end of the room, there was a bit of smudging at the corner, right next to the carpet.
-One stairwell had two sets of recently made footprints...and both stopped abruptly.

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay @MelodyMeister @C+I​

tumblr_oz67qtFwO81v3qowuo6_100.png

❝ I'm gonna take a guess and say that whatever the hell left this messy bloodbath went off to do the same exact thing nearby... or leaves this whole mess for some unfortunate soul to get baited into becoming part of this. Either way, it's pretty easy to say we might be dealing with the cause any time soon. ❞ Majima felt completely sick to the stomach upon seeing the scene. Sure, he saw the same when he himself caused a similar scene when succumbing to his demon side some time ago. But back then was a pure accident, and this was no accident.

Assuming that this was only a bad sign for what was going to happen next, the yakuza slipped out his tanto blade, unsheathing it and holding the short blade out in preparation.

@Jeremi @York @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Clea + Merlin Group

Ughhh, what a mess, really. Guess they shouldn't have opened doors willy-nilly huh? Well, Kitty was going to live through whatever that thing was, but she wasn't sure about the others. That meant that she'll have to fight, even if not for herself, for others. After some clumsy dodging with assistance from her future sight, Kitty took her aim with her red gem-ed wand and pointed it at the crystalline golem thing, and...

Oh. Looks like the others beat her to it. Whether that was because she was slow, or they were fast, she didn't know, but it went in a blink of an eye. Kitty put away her wand, and kept her hands in her pockets, one holding the gem. She proceeded walking along with the others, when she, like the others noticed something was off. Ingrid. Or rather, the lack of Ingrid. Sighing, Kitty put her fingers over her temples. That was another problem they did not need. Luckily, Kitty's acts of heroism, or rather, style of heroism, was based around mysteries like disappearance, so she was used to this. Was this going to be a weird 'one by one they drop off' adventure? She hoped not.

Kitty sighed, and concentrated on something, while taking out her red gem. The red gem shook uncontrollably, and then flashed white from her hand, revealing a small black kit that had formed in her other hand. The red gem now darkened and desaturated, and Kitty put it away as soon as possible. She was trained enough to use her blue gem, her red gem? Not so much, and she doubted she'll be able to use it again for a while. The thing was, energy needed to be used to take things out of the red gem, but since Kitty was not used to focusing her own energy on the red gem, she, instead, had to use up the energy inside the gem. Hopefully, one use was all that was needed.

The small kit was a well used forensic kit. Upon opening it, many forensic tools were revealed, like luminol and blacklight. Most of it was covered by Guy's pretty cool scanning ability, and Kitty groaned in frustration. Looking around the "scene of crime", Kitty saw the smudges and the footprints. She walked towards the stairwell. She took out a pocket knife from the kit just in case, as she started going up the staircase.

"I'm going up, if you hear any screams or I don't come back in a few minutes, assume I died and come up, guns blazing."

@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark

"A map? 'Tis not even--"

Morrigan let out a vexed noise. "The House of Mystery is not a home, but a place of power. The House itself is sentient and can not be truly tamed. The space inside its walls are near-infinite, so a map would do no one any true good. The members of our organization know where they must go and where they must not, but once you stray from the path, there is no reliable means of navigation. Perhaps the Coven should work to ensure all members of the M.E.U. have a better understanding of these basic concepts."

The mage was growing tired of this conversation. The plan that she and her fellow Coven members had conceived had already gone awry to a degree further than was comfortable. She had little doubt in her mind that the emergency measures in place would come into effect in time.

Morrigan began to lead the way toward the waterfall but something off about her surroundings caused her to pause. she turned quickly to Wade to see a vine begin to wrap itself tightly around his leg. "Watch yourself!" she commanded, taking out her staff.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Minerva

Ughhh, what a mess, really. Guess they shouldn't have opened doors willy-nilly huh? Well, Kitty was going to live through whatever that thing was, but she wasn't sure about the others. That meant that she'll have to fight, even if not for herself, for others. After some clumsy dodging with assistance from her future sight, Kitty took her aim with her red gem-ed wand and pointed it at the crystalline golem thing, and...

Oh. Looks like the others beat her to it. Whether that was because she was slow, or they were fast, she didn't know, but it went in a blink of an eye. Kitty put away her wand, and kept her hands in her pockets, one holding the gem. She proceeded walking along with the others, when she, like the others noticed something was off. Ingrid. Or rather, the lack of Ingrid. Sighing, Kitty put her fingers over her temples. That was another problem they did not need. Luckily, Kitty's acts of heroism, or rather, style of heroism, was based around mysteries like disappearance, so she was used to this. Was this going to be a weird 'one by one they drop off' adventure? She hoped not.

Kitty sighed, and concentrated on something, while taking out her red gem. The red gem shook uncontrollably, and then flashed white from her hand, revealing a small black kit that had formed in her other hand. The red gem now darkened and desaturated, and Kitty put it away as soon as possible. She was trained enough to use her blue gem, her red gem? Not so much, and she doubted she'll be able to use it again for a while. The thing was, energy needed to be used to take things out of the red gem, but since Kitty was not used to focusing her own energy on the red gem, she, instead, had to use up the energy inside the gem. Hopefully, one use was all that was needed.

The small kit was a well used forensic kit. Upon opening it, many forensic tools were revealed, like luminol and blacklight. Most of it was covered by Guy's pretty cool scanning ability, and Kitty groaned in frustration. Looking around the "scene of crime", Kitty saw the smudges and the footprints. She walked towards the stairwell. She took out a pocket knife from the kit just in case, as she started going up the staircase.

"I'm going up, if you hear any screams or I don't come back in a few minutes, assume I died and come up, guns blazing."

@Sark
"Alright, kid. Stay safe," Guy called up the stair case. "Try not to stray too far; going walk about in the House of Mystery isn't a smart choice on the best of days, least of all tonight. We should try to stick together the best we can. I'll check out the bottom floor--- see you in 5"

@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost

The ring's forensics sweep did actually reveal a few things of interest:

-All doors had fingerprints on them, meaning at some point or another they had all been opened.
-On the door the creature had come out of, there was some sort of weird smudging in a distinct shape, almost as if a pattern had deliberately drawn onto it. Said smudging could be seen on three other doors not yet opened.
-At the far end of the room, there was a bit of smudging at the corner, right next to the carpet.
-One stairwell had two sets of recently made footprints...and both stopped abruptly.

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay @MelodyMeister @C+I

[FINGER PRINTS DETECTED]
[MULTIPLE SUBJECTS]
[IDENTITY: UNKNOWN]
[PRINTS DAMAGED ON 3 OF X DOORS]
[MARKINGS DETECTED]
[SEARCHING ENCYCLOPEDIA GALACTICA]
[SEARCHING M.E.U. DATABASE]
[TRANSLATING...]

"Oh, hello... looks like we've got a little 'irregularity' over here..." Guy muttered to himself, making his way over to the first marked door. Scanning the symbol with his ring, he formed an enlarged copy of the shape, projecting it as a hologram from closer inspection. "Looks like some kind of marker... Maybe a warning as to which rooms are occupied and which aren't..." With a sudden clang, Guy summoned a small road blockade, hammering it against the door. "If these rooms are hostile, we're better off exploring them one at a time." He summoned a further two blockades to bar the furthest two marked doors. "The last thing we'll want is to be stuck between two of those things." Summoning a small green magnum, Guy gently opened the next marked door, his ring lighting the entrance to the room.

"Here kitty, kitty, kitty..."

@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost

As Kitty started down the stairs, she only managed to make it two steps before falling through. It appeared that the stairway was nothing more than an illusion, and she now found herself falling through infinite black darkness.

@MelodyMeister

---

"Hold on! I've seen that symbol before! It summons creatures from your home world! That must mean that these doors in particular summon-Guy!" It was too late to stop him from opening the door, though, and the next thing he knew, Guy was completely surrounded by a loud buzzing, and strange bugs flying all around him in a swarm.

latest

At the same time, the sack the crystals were in began shaking...

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay

"...!"

7ffe129ed75f4443e7a4825e047aec57.png

Deoxys' reaction to the gruesome scene was silent and subtle; its eyes widened slightly at the sheer volume of viscera splattered among the room. Had it grown soft, reacting to something that it would have hardly understood years ago? Or is it merely letting a newfound sense of empathy override its instinct? The answer wasn't clear to the alien, but there wasn't much use in dwelling on it.

"This is indicative of a potent individual being... or a group of such," the pokemon offhandedly responded to Clea as it shuffled forward with heavy steps. "In any case, I advise caution in this room. The cause of all this may still be nearby. An ambush, as I said."

Deoxys followed the music towards the boombox stereo on the other end of the warehouse. While the alien pokemon didn't understand the device, it still leaned forward to scrutinize it, scanning for any weapons or explosives it may have been hiding.

"... 'It opened up my eyes, I saw the sign,'" it flatly spoke along with the singing lyrics of the music. "What does that mean?"

@Jeremi @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Group/Clea&Merlin

The Rider was snapping his bony fingers to the beat. "That my friend is a classic beat from very long ago. Still holds up. The Swedes totally knew what they were doing."

"Yes, Stephen played this song on one of our 'dates'," Clea said as she picked up a bloody arm from the ground. "I can't say it is one of my favorite Earth songs though..."

Schala Zeal
@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Group/Clea&Merlin

Schala sighed in relief, seeing that the group seemed to be here and accounted for... Nodding a little as she eyed the door Rider pointed out.

"Yes. Our goal is still to protect the Great Spirit, but we cannot do that unless we find him." She said.

Cautiously, she peeked through the door as the others entered through it... Instantly covering her mouth at the scene displayed in front of her.

"This... This is..." She trailed off, swallowing a little as she began to examine what was left of the bodies.

Though she had nothing like clairvoyance, she was trying to grit her teeth and try and figure out what happened here. Starting with who the deceased might have been, and what means were used to kill them in such a brutal manner.

"... Maybe... They saw something. The 'sign'. Drove them to do... This..." Schala said suddenly, adding onto what Deoxys mentioned, her voice shaking a little.

She had seen plenty of death in the Genesis incident, but this was by far one of the most brutal things she had witnessed, but she knew better than to let her own feelings prevent her from taking the neccessary actions to ensure more lives aren't lost...​

Merlin had joined Schala in investigating the body parts scattered about. What part was meant to what body was hard to say but what they found was pieces that had been severed by both brute strength and sharp claws. Who they had been was hard to say because most of their outfits were clad in viscera or thorn to shreds. "This wasn't made by human hands that much is certain."

"Something savage," Clea looked closer to the arm she was holding. "Keep your wits about you. If this thing is still among us we need to be ready."

Shigure took in the sight of the room with a small breath, gathering his bearings for a moment. He wasn't sure what to expect, but this definitely wasn't it. Ignoring Ghost Rider's comment, he took a couple steps into the room, gold eyes giving it a once over. He's fought and cut down more than a few foes in his own world, and while most who were cut down weren't necessarily human, this room still made his brows furrow and nose scrunch up a bit as if he smelled something rotten.

tumblr_o2mbh15vze1v83vjro6_250.jpg

"Hm. A sign? I wonder..." As Deoxys spoke questioned the lyrics meaning, he tried to see if there was something relating to the lyrics among the carnage and blood with a frown. There had to be something, right? Some kind of hint or clue, or something that someone--or something--left behind.

"That could be likely, but if so...where are they now?" Shigure respoded to Schala, free hand moving to his hip as his other gripped his naginata firmly.

@Jeremi @York [USER=2446]@Gummi Bunnies @Clea + Merlin Group[/USER]​

As Shigure asked his question the song finished and quickly moved to the next one.

As the new song started playing they could hear snarling and heavy footsteps coming from behind the corner. A large bipedal wolf-like creature came into view carrying a severed head in its claws. It's fur was covered in blood and when it saw the group it dropped the head and growled at the gathered group.

"I think I found the cause," Castle replied rather nonchalantly pointing towards the creature. This was starting to become a habit for him.​

@York [USER=2446]@Gummi Bunnies @Clea + Merlin Group[/USER]

tumblr_inline_oxdx0oLzv81v1drab_100.jpg

❝ Alright, then let's put it down right now! ❞ Majima grinned when it became clear that the cause came back and didn't like their presence at all. Tightening his grip on his short blade, he closed the distance between himself and the creature, readying a quick stab to its torso. He was itching for a fight and he got one this early. What a treat.

@York @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Clea + Merlin Group

❝ Alright, then let's put it down right now! ❞ Majima grinned when it became clear that the cause came back and didn't like their presence at all. Tightening his grip on his short blade, he closed the distance between himself and the creature, readying a quick stab to its torso. He was itching for a fight and he got one this early. What a treat.

@Clea + Merlin Group

The creature moved quickly for its size and casually sidestepped Majima's blade as it went in for a slash of its claw.

Castle had conjured up a massive gun that he had aimed towards the creature. "...Nah. Too easy." He lowered it and continued looking on. "Let's see what happens next."

Clea meanwhile was trying to perform a paralyzing spell but with Majima so close she couldn't risk it and miss her actual target.

@York @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Clea + Merlin Group

Rath was able to pile through the never-ending horde of Revanchist mages for a good small while, but it seemed that they had quickly managed to adapt to his close-ranged fighting style, perhaps coming off as more coordinated and calculating than they looked upon first glance. The collective horde of mages managed to suddenly put a stop to Rath's movements, casting a spell that suddenly locked him in a telekinetic hold and lifting him up into the air, before slamming him right into the tiled ground!

Even after that, the smaller group of magicians kept their telekinetic hold on Rath, hoping to keep him pinned to the ground while the others continued advancing toward Mason's barrier. Of course, if enough strength was mustered, Ben would be able to break free of their hold, but for now...

The mages conjured a large green ball of energy, floating in front of them. It was difficult to tell what exactly it was at first, but Touma seemed to recognize it first, eyes widening as he suddenly began to move in no time.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964401.jpg

"Severa, look out!" He called out, and just as the mages fired the massive ball, he leapt forward right for Severa, practically tackling her into the side out of the projectile's way.

With that, the massive ball easily melted through Mason's concrete barrier, revealing itself to be of a highly acidic nature. It would have proceeded to continue traversing forward, right into Mason's face, had Zatanna not cast her own spell to contain and dispel it.

Z0.png

"We're not getting any younger here, John! Hurry it up!"

"Oh, don't get your panties in a twist, luv! This kinda work is delicate!" Constantine exclaimed, finishing setting up the second talisman and immediately getting to work on the third, running over to the other wall now.

"Talk about my panties again and I'll--"

"Let us stay focused, Zatanna. I'm sure our new friend is doing the best he can," Carissa said from the sidelines, bracing herself as the barrier was open and fractured even more than before now.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @C+Z Group

Shigure took in the sight of the room with a small breath, gathering his bearings for a moment. He wasn't sure what to expect, but this definitely wasn't it. Ignoring Ghost Rider's comment, he took a couple steps into the room, gold eyes giving it a once over. He's fought and cut down more than a few foes in his own world, and while most who were cut down weren't necessarily human, this room still made his brows furrow and nose scrunch up a bit as if he smelled something rotten.

tumblr_o2mbh15vze1v83vjro6_250.jpg

"Hm. A sign? I wonder..." As Deoxys spoke questioned the lyrics meaning, he tried to see if there was something relating to the lyrics among the carnage and blood with a frown. There had to be something, right? Some kind of hint or clue, or something that someone--or something--left behind.

"That could be likely, but if so...where are they now?" Shigure respoded to Schala, free hand moving to his hip as his other gripped his naginata firmly.

@Jeremi @York [USER=2446]@Gummi Bunnies @Clea + Merlin Group[/USER]
tumblr_oz67qtFwO81v3qowuo6_100.png

❝ I'm gonna take a guess and say that whatever the hell left this messy bloodbath went off to do the same exact thing nearby... or leaves this whole mess for some unfortunate soul to get baited into becoming part of this. Either way, it's pretty easy to say we might be dealing with the cause any time soon. ❞ Majima felt completely sick to the stomach upon seeing the scene. Sure, he saw the same when he himself caused a similar scene when succumbing to his demon side some time ago. But back then was a pure accident, and this was no accident.

Assuming that this was only a bad sign for what was going to happen next, the yakuza slipped out his tanto blade, unsheathing it and holding the short blade out in preparation.

@Jeremi @York @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Clea + Merlin Group
The Rider was snapping his bony fingers to the beat. "That my friend is a classic beat from very long ago. Still holds up. The Swedes totally knew what they were doing."

"Yes, Stephen played this song on one of our 'dates'," Clea said as she picked up a bloody arm from the ground. "I can't say it is one of my favorite Earth songs though..."

Merlin had joined Schala in investigating the body parts scattered about. What part was meant to what body was hard to say but what they found was pieces that had been severed by both brute strength and sharp claws. Who they had been was hard to say because most of their outfits were clad in viscera or thorn to shreds. "This wasn't made by human hands that much is certain."

"Something savage," Clea looked closer to the arm she was holding. "Keep your wits about you. If this thing is still among us we need to be ready."

As Shigure asked his question the song finished and quickly moved to the next one.

As the new song started playing they could hear snarling and heavy footsteps coming from behind the corner. A large bipedal wolf-like creature came into view carrying a severed head in its claws. It's fur was covered in blood and when it saw the group it dropped the head and growled at the gathered group.

"I think I found the cause," Castle replied rather nonchalantly pointing towards the creature. This was starting to become a habit for him.​

@York [USER=2446]@Gummi Bunnies @Clea + Merlin Group[/USER]

@Clea + Merlin Group
The creature moved quickly for its size and casually sidestepped Majima's blade as it went in for a slash of its claw.

Castle had conjured up a massive gun that he had aimed towards the creature. "...Nah. Too easy." He lowered it and continued looking on. "Let's see what happens next."

Clea meanwhile was trying to perform a paralyzing spell but with Majima so close she couldn't risk it and miss her actual target.

@York @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Clea + Merlin Group
Schala Zeal
@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi
@Clea + Merlin Group

Thinking quickly, Schala tried to tackle Majima out of the way quickly, and though she didn't have that much in the way of physical strength going for her... She had whispered a small incantation just before she did so, causing her movements to suddenly speed up, to the point she seemed almost like a blurr.

"Do it, now!" She shouted, towards Clea, seeming to notice she was trying to cast a spell.

With that, she suddenly hummed quietly, the distinct note resonating with some kind of magical force as it caused a crude wall of stone to form in front of her and Majima. It didn't look very sturdy, and probably couldn't sustain much more than a few blows, but she hoped it would buy Clea enough time to do what she intended to.

While she hadn't quite had the time to associate the motions Clea made with the spell she was trying to cast, but she could at least recognize the fact that she was trying to cast something nonetheless. She just had to trust it was the right call to make...​

The robot seemed to slump a little bit after discovering that nobody knew what it was. However, that was a comparatively small issue, for Ingrid had disappeared. He had no idea how he had lost sight of her. He raised his arm up and pretended to scratch his head in order to indicate confusion. "WE WILL FIND HER," he said, attempting to calm her worries even though he wasn't sure if she'd be found.​

"Alright, kid. Stay safe," Guy called up the stair case. "Try not to stray too far; going walk about in the House of Mystery isn't a smart choice on the best of days, least of all tonight. We should try to stick together the best we can. I'll check out the bottom floor--- see you in 5"
Blitzcrank pondered for a few moments as Kitty decided to go off on her own. The unequal distribution of personnel bothered him. If the small team was going to split up, then it only made sense for there to be mini-teams within the team to increase chances of survival. Of all the information gathered and processed, this house was a very dangerous place to be in. That didn't matter much to him, though, he was built to be in hazardous zones. However, he wasn't so sure about the people he accompanied. What if Kitty would disappear just like Ingrid had? "ISOLATION IS NOT RECOMMENDED," he responded, following the girl.​
As Kitty started down the stairs, she only managed to make it two steps before falling through. It appeared that the stairway was nothing more than an illusion, and she now found herself falling through infinite black darkness.

"Hold on! I've seen that symbol before! It summons creatures from your home world! That must mean that these doors in particular summon-Guy!" It was too late to stop him from opening the door, though, and the next thing he knew, Guy was completely surrounded by a loud buzzing, and strange bugs flying all around him in a swarm.

At the same time, the sack the crystals were in began shaking...
To his surprise, she would vanish through solid ground, and presumably hostile bugs began swarming everyone else. Time seemed to slow down for Blitzcrank as his engine went into overdrive, making all sorts of noise. He had to think fast and move fast. Guy, Ren, and Castaspella seemed capable of dealing with the bugs, but he could hear rattling within the crystal bag, meaning the creature had not been fully destroyed.

Katherine was falling further and further the more he thought about it, and soon he would not be able to reach her anymore. He made up his mind, putting faith in his team members to deal with their own threats.

LLJnAbR.png

He blindly shot his arm into the illusion, hoping to catch her.

230135f17f22903ea426148d869b87a4.png

Deoxys turned on a dime as the mental presence of the wolf-like beast touched its mind, just as Schala rose a wall of stone at the gnashing monstrosity. The hulking defensive form that the pokemon currently sports wasn't nearly as fast as it's other forms, but transforming now would take too long - long enough for the monster to change its targets, or disrupt Clea's spell.

The alien uttered a droning, buzzing cry as it launched forward like a crimson cannonball, bouncing off the floor and casting a wide shadow upon Schala and Majima as it soared over their heads. It slammed into the ground directly behind the beast, shaking the foundation of the warehouse and the very floor that it stood upon.

Before the beast could turn around to retaliate, Deoxys fanned out its flat defensive tentacles, lurching its entire body forward and casting the four appendages forth like fishing rods.

DEOXYS used WRAP!

The red tentacles stretched like rubber, snaking around the creature's legs and body and attempting to form crushing wraps around them. The wild monster would find it difficult to avoid the giant, broad tentacles that the alien tried to hold it down with, and neither tooth nor claw would do much to stall the intensifying grapple, as the malleable matter composing the tentacles seemed to quickly reshape itself no matter how many mouthfuls the beast took out of them.

Deoxys' telepathy intruded Clea's mind again.

"Do it."

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @York @C+M Group​

Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

Wade hadn't been paying attention since the jungle had seen pretty safe for the most part. He looked over at the vine. " And just when I was starting to get attached to my new leg as well. So, Morrigan, should I just cut my leg off and let the vine have? I can just grow back a new one. Anyone got a chainsaw of some sort that I can borrow? Because, it will be a lot easier than trying to get myself off. Unless you think I should just cut the vine off- what do you think, readers?" Wade would take a moment as if he was looking for something. For anyone reading this, what Wade saw was the caption in a box that read " Ask the group, you idiot." ' Oh, that's a good idea, readers. So, like, Morrigan, Will and Corrin, was it? What do you think I should do? Cut off my leg or just cut the vine? Like, is it safer to just lose the leg? I regenerate, so it won't be much of a loss, though I'll have a baby leg for a while."

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Atomic Knight

Rath was able to pile through the never-ending horde of Revanchist mages for a good small while, but it seemed that they had quickly managed to adapt to his close-ranged fighting style, perhaps coming off as more coordinated and calculating than they looked upon first glance. The collective horde of mages managed to suddenly put a stop to Rath's movements, casting a spell that suddenly locked him in a telekinetic hold and lifting him up into the air, before slamming him right into the tiled ground!

Even after that, the smaller group of magicians kept their telekinetic hold on Rath, hoping to keep him pinned to the ground while the others continued advancing toward Mason's barrier. Of course, if enough strength was mustered, Ben would be able to break free of their hold, but for now...

The mages conjured a large green ball of energy, floating in front of them. It was difficult to tell what exactly it was at first, but Touma seemed to recognize it first, eyes widening as he suddenly began to move in no time.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964401.jpg

"Severa, look out!" He called out, and just as the mages fired the massive ball, he leapt forward right for Severa, practically tackling her into the side out of the projectile's way.

With that, the massive ball easily melted through Mason's concrete barrier, revealing itself to be of a highly acidic nature. It would have proceeded to continue traversing forward, right into Mason's face, had Zatanna not cast her own spell to contain and dispel it.

Z0.png

"We're not getting any younger here, John! Hurry it up!"

"Oh, don't get your panties in a twist, luv! This kinda work is delicate!" Constantine exclaimed, finishing setting up the second talisman and immediately getting to work on the third, running over to the other wall now.

"Talk about my panties again and I'll--"

"Let us stay focused, Zatanna. I'm sure our new friend is doing the best he can," Carissa said from the sidelines, bracing herself as the barrier was open and fractured even more than before now.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @C+Z Group

nt7zEYb.png

"Let me tell you something, Revanchist Mages who work for Darth Revan and have been chasing John Constantine for an unspecified anount of time! Rath is not done here! Rath swears to turn you all into part of Rath's collection of losers! This is not the last you'll see of Rath!"

Within the thin gap of time, Rath smacked the emblem on his chest.

"But it iz ze first you will see of...

5F6Lmkw.png

... NRG!"

NRG as it was called used a combination of his suit's weight, as well as radioactively heating his suit to counter the spell that pinned him down. The mages that were countered would be stunned by headaches due to how this sheer amount of contained radioactivity would interact with mana in attrition, and their bodies would be blown back too, and the dispelled shockwave from NRG standing would be nineteen parts mana and one part radioactive energy.

Next, NRG's suit began to heat, this heat focused on the leg armour as that part began to glow a bright reddish orange. The floor began to melt while glowing a similiar hue and displaying magma-like properties as the Revanchist mages within the radius of the radioactive being began to quite literally sink into the ground, as if it had been turned into sticky, gooey, hot quicksand.

Which was not the case, because a melting floor is probably worse.

Now that Ben Tennyson's mind was back from the Rath-break, he knew what to do. The liquidated floor would serve as an additional obstacle between the mages and Mason's barrier, the latter in which was protecting Constantine.

Since NRG was in the middle of the mage horde, that meant that a fraction of the mages were already across and were ready to be picked off by the rest of the group.

5BbpeRN.jpg

During all this, NRG would simultaneously fire off radioactive blasts at the chests and faces of any Revanchist mages who were within blasting range, and blasting range was pretty wide.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @C+Z Group

Last edited:

Satisfied with the results, Blitz returned to his standard posture and walked back over to the group as his mechanical parts began to cool down.​

When Ren clarified his question, the automaton stared at him for a few seconds, cogs turning a little bit faster. He was disappointed in himself for misinterpreting the true meaning of his question. "I AM SORRY," he replied, "I WILL INVESTIGATE." He promptly marched over to Ingrid and Castaspella, thinking that fully answering Ren's question was of vital importance. "DO YOU KNOW THE NAME OF THE CRYSTALLINE CONSTRUCT?"

Then, he remembered that he had not exchanged names with Ren. Yet another mistake. "OOPS. EXCUSE ME--" he said, turning to Ren again, "MY NAME IS BLITZCRANK, BUT YOU MAY CALL ME BLITZ. WHAT IS YOUR NAME?"

"That's not- hm..."

Ren scratched his head as Blitz walked off to fully investigate his question. He hadn't really meant to make it such a serious question, even if he really was curious, but it turned out no one really had an answer anyway.

"Blitz, huh?" he answered as the steam golem returned. "I'm Ren. Let's settle all this mess quick, if we can."

Before he knew it though, what was a small group was suddenly all over the place with all sorts of trouble happening at the same time. Ren wasn't immediately sure where to help first, but after seeing Blitz go to help the falling girl he figured he should take care of the other side.

Springing into motion, he moved swiftly and swung his blade at the swarm of insects. He wasn't too worried about cutting any of the insects with his Guillotine, but the sheer speed of his movement could probably create a fierce enough air flow to disturb their flight. Assuming they were even normal bugs to begin with, at least.

Ren then turned his attention on the shaking sack, not sure what to make of it yet.

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @C+I

Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

Wade hadn't been paying attention since the jungle had seen pretty safe for the most part. He looked over at the vine. " And just when I was starting to get attached to my new leg as well. So, Morrigan, should I just cut my leg off and let the vine have? I can just grow back a new one. Anyone got a chainsaw of some sort that I can borrow? Because, it will be a lot easier than trying to get myself off. Unless you think I should just cut the vine off- what do you think, readers?" Wade would take a moment as if he was looking for something. For anyone reading this, what Wade saw was the caption in a box that read " Ask the group, you idiot." ' Oh, that's a good idea, readers. So, like, Morrigan, Will and Corrin, was it? What do you think I should do? Cut off my leg or just cut the vine? Like, is it safer to just lose the leg? I regenerate, so it won't be much of a loss, though I'll have a baby leg for a while."

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Atomic Knight

Will gave the Merc a small smilebefore summoning her blade, War Song. The magical sword glimmered in the sun, Quintessence flowing across the holy metal like an aura.

"Alright, champ. Stand still. This'll only hurt a bit."

The Keeper gripped her weapon in hand and slashed Wade's leg off completely like a hot knife through butter. The vine would claim the lost limb, but Deadpool would be free of its clutches.

"And there you go. I'll bill you when we get out of this mess, okay?" Will gave the mercenary a wink as she helped balance him so he wouldn't fall.

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Morrigan Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back