Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
View attachment 4879

"Do you ever stop shouting...? Actually, never mind," Akihiko muttered to Goroh, as though he already knew the answer to that, as though an unseen force had given such an answer to him. Distastefully, he kept on moving instead, a displeased look on his face as though the real struggle here was having to lug around someone like Goroh.

The young man stopped dead in his tracks when the booming voice of a man screeched through the intercom, but there wasn't much telling who exactly who it was supposed to be. Not Eggman or Wily? Maybe one of their lieutenants, if nothing else. But in of itself, the announcement confirmed a few things for them; that the facility was on the lookout for them, and there were certain... gems of interest involved. Really made one think.

Wanting to avoid the largest doors as he imagined attempting to get through them would attract more unwanted attention, Akihiko pursed his lips as he considered where to go next, but... well, it looked like that momentary negligence cost him when Goroh suddenly began storming off wantonly. So much for that.

"Tch! Hey, get back here!" He whisper-shouted, chasing after the man along with Mika to only, indeed, God knew where. Looked like he was gonna have to leave his hands to fate.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
Shifting into the corridor Akihiko found that the next area looked as deliberated as the hangar area. Following it further they'd find a sign that said 'Nuclear warhead storage building' and another blast door leading back outside to a courtyard and another door on the other side of the snowfield.

"Ugh, I hate this," Mika remarked as she walked towards the door on the other side when.

*click*

*BOOM*

An explosion rocked the area as Mika was thrown back towards the group. Mika groaned, which indicated that she was still alive, though her heavy coat had seen better days.​


@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
"Nuclear storage? That sounds--"

BOOM!

"--dangerous."

Akihiko stood in place for a good moment as the sudden explosion took him off-guard, as though needing another moment to take it in. When he did manage to register what had happened, the young man snapped himself back into place.

1582148269288.png

"Mika!" He exclaimed, running in front of her instinctively. He kept his back toward her, choosing to face the direction of the doors and keep his guard up for whatever had caused such an explosion, a hand poised on the Evoker on his position like a cowboy ready to draw at any moment. Glancing back toward Mika for the briefest of moments, he spoke again.

"Are you alright?! Can you stand? What the hell was that?" He asked, the last question not aimed toward anyone in particular.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
"Nuclear storage? That sounds--"

BOOM!

"--dangerous."

Akihiko stood in place for a good moment as the sudden explosion took him off-guard, as though needing another moment to take it in. When he did manage to register what had happened, the young man snapped himself back into place.

View attachment 4884

"Mika!" He exclaimed, running in front of her instinctively. He kept his back toward her, choosing to face the direction of the doors and keep his guard up for whatever had caused such an explosion, a hand poised on the Evoker on his position like a cowboy ready to draw at any moment. Glancing back toward Mika for the briefest of moments, he spoke again.

"Are you alright?! Can you stand? What the hell was that?" He asked, the last question not aimed toward anyone in particular.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
"Nuclear storage? That sounds--"

BOOM!

"--dangerous."

Akihiko stood in place for a good moment as the sudden explosion took him off-guard, as though needing another moment to take it in. When he did manage to register what had happened, the young man snapped himself back into place.

View attachment 4884

"Mika!" He exclaimed, running in front of her instinctively. He kept his back toward her, choosing to face the direction of the doors and keep his guard up for whatever had caused such an explosion, a hand poised on the Evoker on his position like a cowboy ready to draw at any moment. Glancing back toward Mika for the briefest of moments, he spoke again.

"Are you alright?! Can you stand? What the hell was that?" He asked, the last question not aimed toward anyone in particular.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody


"This place could be rigged." Yurick suggested, though hoped it wasn't. Rigging the place to explode seemed unnecessary and would only damage the facility and potentially those wanting to keep them out than, well, just the group.

He went to check on Mika, more specifically if she got burned and if it was any worse than her heavy coat had endured. He hadn't been shaken or bothered by the explosion other than being a bit startled. However, he was worried she could've been hurt badly by it. At the very least she was still alive, so some of his worries could be put to rest on that front.

"If it is rigged, best to step carefully from here on out." He spoke, despite the thought of their location likely being known by anyone else near the area coming to mind. He didn't dwell on that thought too long.



Moving some hair out of his face and behind his ear so he could see better, Yurick's gaze left their downed companion briefly so he could take a quick survey of the area for anything that seemed out of place, or at the very least for whatever triggered the explosion.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"Oh, great. Booby traps. Why wouldn't you have those at your own facility. Better hope those ugly robots aren't sentient or they'd be unionizing by now." Goroh didn't bother checking up on Mika-the kid was, so who cared? But for the time being he quickly looked around the ground to see if there were any more lovely tricks their stupid enemies left behind. And he needed to be fast, too-an explosion brough noise, and noise brought unwanted attention.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"Nuclear storage? That sounds--"

BOOM!

"--dangerous."

Akihiko stood in place for a good moment as the sudden explosion took him off-guard, as though needing another moment to take it in. When he did manage to register what had happened, the young man snapped himself back into place.

View attachment 4884

"Mika!" He exclaimed, running in front of her instinctively. He kept his back toward her, choosing to face the direction of the doors and keep his guard up for whatever had caused such an explosion, a hand poised on the Evoker on his position like a cowboy ready to draw at any moment. Glancing back toward Mika for the briefest of moments, he spoke again.

"Are you alright?! Can you stand? What the hell was that?" He asked, the last question not aimed toward anyone in particular.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody


"This place could be rigged." Yurick suggested, though hoped it wasn't. Rigging the place to explode seemed unnecessary and would only damage the facility and potentially those wanting to keep them out than, well, just the group.

He went to check on Mika, more specifically if she got burned and if it was any worse than her heavy coat had endured. He hadn't been shaken or bothered by the explosion other than being a bit startled. However, he was worried she could've been hurt badly by it. At the very least she was still alive, so some of his worries could be put to rest on that front.

"If it is rigged, best to step carefully from here on out." He spoke, despite the thought of their location likely being known by anyone else near the area coming to mind. He didn't dwell on that thought too long.



Moving some hair out of his face and behind his ear so he could see better, Yurick's gaze left their downed companion briefly so he could take a quick survey of the area for anything that seemed out of place, or at the very least for whatever triggered the explosion.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
Surprisingly despite having a literal bomb explode in her face except for a few bruises and cuts from the shrapnel Mika seemed okay. Whatever world she was from they seemed to be made out of sterner stuff. "I'm fine. I'm fine!" Mika got up on shaky legs before falling flat on her ass. "I just...need a moment..."

"Oh, great. Booby traps. Why wouldn't you have those at your own facility. Better hope those ugly robots aren't sentient or they'd be unionizing by now." Goroh didn't bother checking up on Mika-the kid was, so who cared? But for the time being he quickly looked around the ground to see if there were any more lovely tricks their stupid enemies left behind. And he needed to be fast, too-an explosion brough noise, and noise brought unwanted attention.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky

It did seem like there was a minefield in front of them and navigating the area could prove to be difficult. Though as Goroh looked over the area he could spot something a bit further from the left of them. Pawprints from an animal. It seemed to make a path over to the other side. No leftover craters seemed to indicate that if they followed the tracks the group would be safe.


@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"When you get your bearings again," Goroh called out to Mika, "I found a path we can take!" Animals, huh? And they were smart enough to avoid this minefield! A pet like that could prove useful on bounty hunts...maybe he'd need to bring it home with him.

@Jeremi @Ver
 

Lucky

“ Just Kill Me Now” -Phil Connors
Kirby

Kirby would look over at the footprints and would take a few steps to follow it. He was a puffball, so bombs wouldn't hurt hum as much as the others if they happened.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"When you get your bearings again," Goroh called out to Mika, "I found a path we can take!" Animals, huh? And they were smart enough to avoid this minefield! A pet like that could prove useful on bounty hunts...maybe he'd need to bring it home with him.

@Jeremi @Ver
Kirby

Kirby would look over at the footprints and would take a few steps to follow it. He was a puffball, so bombs wouldn't hurt hum as much as the others if they happened.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee

"Well I can't freeze my butt off any longer," One final groan and Mika got up and stayed up following after Kirby who seemed to have taken point. Surprisingly it seemed like following the path had them get past any more issues outside as they reached the other end of the courtyard and found themselves inside once again.

While this section of the facility seemed as rundown as the last one the addition of living candles adorning the walls seemed to be a way to try and spruce it up a bit. Crude drawings had also been hung up of what seemed to the chaos emeralds. Up ahead the group could hear someone talking, but it seemed like they were too far away to actually hear what the voices were saying.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
1582766935572.png

"..."

At this point, Akihiko had entirely ceased to question things like how Mika managed to walk off what turned out to be a mine explosion. Technically, he had seen stranger stuff, but in -- more ways than one -- a different dimension in relation. All he could do was just accept it, and be thankful it wasn't anything worse.

Once they made their way past said minefield thanks to the leftover tracks of an animal, reaching another part of the hideout. The wear and tear of this place was evident, and yet it was still in use like a well-oiled machine, it seemed. Hearing voices from afar, Akihiko furrowed his brow and dashed forward cautiously, wanting to get as close as he could to the source(s) without attracting any attention.

Subtlety like this wasn't entirely his forte, but in these past few months, he learned how to adapt. That said, something told him it was gonna be a while, at this point, before he'd meet up with Joe again to report on the comings and goings on this place.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"Where the heck are the emeralds?" Goroh had the good sense to whisper at this point, not wanting to bungle this up now that they were so close. Did these stupid drawings have arrows or any sort of guide? He tried to look for something, anything, to get this show on the road.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Takumi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Quickly and quietly the group sneaked their way towards the voices, or as they realized when they got closer, just a voice. "-nd soon my conquest will come to fruition!" Looking through the door the group found a massive audience looking up to a podium. An imposing figure stood behind the podium studded in a large cape and a mask that distorted the figure's voice.

"For far too long I have been swept aside but no more! With these-" He pulled a blanket off a display case revealing the Chaos Emeralds inside. "I will show them what I'm made off! Hahahahaha!" The audience stood silently before the caped individual flipped a switch causing roars of approval to echo through the speakers.

If the group took a closer look that the "audience" was nothing more than cardboard cutouts.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
That was it? This was their big bad?! Goroh had stolen lunch money from kids less pathetic than that! "Let's get this over with," he whispered. Like come on. All he needed was a locker.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Mika nodded and ducked into the big atrium area falling behind one of the larger cardboard cutouts. It seemed whoever the mastermind was they were far too busy ranting to the heavens about the injustice in his life to notice them. If they played their cards right, the group could sneak their way to the podium before the caped figure had an opportunity to react.


@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Goroh followed the pro wrestler's lead, eager to knock their villain out and grab those damn emeralds. He couldn't believe this, but a part of him was wishing he was facing off agsinst Falcon again. At least he wasn't certifiable!

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Takumi
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
1583458994847.png

"Cardboard cutouts...? What kind of inflated ego would...?" Akihiko only murmured once he realized the so-called audience was not, in fact, an actual gathering of people. At least them not being real people would theoretically make sneaking around easier; less people to catch them snooping around, but still, the young man couldn't help but furrow his brow at such a thought.

Guess this is what they meant when people said eccentricity is interchangeable with intelligence. Or something like that.

In tandem with Goroh and Mika, Akihiko only continued sneaking forward, choosing each step carefully so as to not squander their chance.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Everybody
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Goroh followed the pro wrestler's lead, eager to knock their villain out and grab those damn emeralds. He couldn't believe this, but a part of him was wishing he was facing off agsinst Falcon again. At least he wasn't certifiable!

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Takumi
View attachment 4983

"Cardboard cutouts...? What kind of inflated ego would...?" Akihiko only murmured once he realized the so-called audience was not, in fact, an actual gathering of people. At least them not being real people would theoretically make sneaking around easier; less people to catch them snooping around, but still, the young man couldn't help but furrow his brow at such a thought.

Guess this is what they meant when people said eccentricity is interchangeable with intelligence. Or something like that.

In tandem with Goroh and Mika, Akihiko only continued sneaking forward, choosing each step carefully so as to not squander their chance.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Everybody

The masked figure was far too into their rant about society to notice the group sneaking towards the podium behind the cutouts. Mika had made her way up the side and stopped a few pieces away from the figure.

"They mock me and think I am a loser! But a loser wouldn't have a lair such as this! A loser couldn't have stolen the emeralds like I did!" And so it went on and on.

"Screw it." Mika mumbled under her breath and with a magnificent leap from behind her hiding place she proceeded to dropkick the masked individual right in their face sending the mask flying of their face and sending the mysterious figure crashing to the ground. "It's over!" Mika pointed a finger at the figure. "We're taking the Chaos Emeralds and there's nothing you can do about it!"

In response, the figure sent out a cry of anguish that echoed through the base. "WAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGH!" The cape had also come off in the scuffle so the group watched a tall and lanky figure get back to his feet lamenting his fate.



"Why is a bimbo like you inside the Waluigi secret base!" The group could put two and two together that the man in front of them was Waluigi. "I was supposed to be taking cover as I plotted by plans of world domination!"

"First of all, who are you calling a bimbo?! And secondly, what are you going to take this world over by yourself and your army of cardboard?" Mika said motioning over the chamber.

"I worked really hard on those you know!" He shot back. "I took every cardboard box I could find in this base and built them from scratch!" That didn't answer Mika's question but as Waluigi looked over his creations he noticed the others. "Wauugh! There's more of you!" He made his way towards the podium and tried to protect his precious emeralds from them. "These are mine! I stole them fair and square so you can't have them!"​


@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Gummi Bunnies

The Magus of Flowers
The Convergence Series GM


❝ Uh... this is NOT what I was expecting but... I can work with this. ❞ Silver wanted to question on how someone like this got their hands on the Chaos Emeralds, but that could wait until they successfully retrieved those Emeralds back! Trying to create a diversion that wasn't bound to get anyone hurt, the psychic would focus his telekinesis on the cardboard audience in the room and launch them right at their mastermind.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM


❝ Uh... this is NOT what I was expecting but... I can work with this. ❞ Silver wanted to question on how someone like this got their hands on the Chaos Emeralds, but that could wait until they successfully retrieved those Emeralds back! Trying to create a diversion that wasn't bound to get anyone hurt, the psychic would focus his telekinesis on the cardboard audience in the room and launch them right at their mastermind.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
As Silver's attack was about to hit the debris was ripped to shreds in a flurry of attacks.



A female like humanoid now stood between the group and Waluigi. "Eehehehhehe! See? I tricked you! I have so many aces up my sleeve I could make a whole deck outta them!"

The being went into a defensive stance to see if someone else was going to attack.​

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Oh, of COURSE this loser had some type of bodyguard. "Hey! How much is he payin' you to work for him? Cuz I'll double it if you turn around and beat him up instead!" Money talks, right? Maybe he could take care of this the easy way. If not, well...looks like one more fight stood in the way of their victory.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
The being said nothing and continued to hold its stance waiting for an attack. “Hehehehe! As if! Dural’s just a machine! The only thing it wants is what I programed it to do!” Waluigi’s smugness was evident as he patted Dural’s on its shoulder.

“Wanna bet on it!” Mika shouted readying herself for another surprise dropkick towards Waluigi that was perfectly caught by Dural in midair as Mika was thrown into a nearby wall. “See? Durals defences are impr- inope- VERY DIFFICULT TO GET BY!”

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top