Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

“ Just Kill Me Now” -Phil Connors
Kirby

Kirby had been listening by the door, but only because he was really confused. " Kirby listen because Kirby never hear anyone go potty before. Going potty is very loud. Kirby don't think he ever wants to go potty," he replied, still not understanding why going potty was such a private thing.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"Yeah, it stinks, kiddo!" Goroh said, watching this whole spectacle with light amusement. "Gets even worse with alcohol. And don't even get me started on potty-training! Because then you can't even walk into a bathroom without getting pissed off!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Ver
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Mika just had a very tired look in her eyes as Kirby said his piece. “…whatever. I’m going to bed.” Holding the key she had in her hands she made her way out of the pub up the stairs and out of sight.

“Yo if you want to head to bed,” Bob replied to the others. “We’ll get everything ready for you in the morning! Don’t you worry about that! Thanks for clearing the toilet problem too! Drinks on me for the rest of the night!”


@Lucky @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
1580439201989.png

"... Right. Any time," Akihiko flatly said to Bob as the latter thanked them for the so-called toilet problem. Having a bathroom that just suddenly led to another plane of existence entirely was a new one, but hey, extraordinary times yielded extraordinary tribulations.

With a sigh, the young man rested his hands on his hips, pursing his lips briefly. He was talking about getting some much needed rest before they'd gotten into that scuffle with the long-haired man, so it was then that Akihiko realized just how tired he was. Even to this day, it seemed like this was a problem he'd never quite gotten the hang of since high school; always on the move, always working himself, pushing his limits. But at least now, if nothing else, he was just a little better at realizing when he needed to take a step back and consolidate everything. Now was certainly one of those times.

"... I could go for another water, if nothing else," he said with a wry smirk, deciding to get some shuteye afterward then.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Mika just had a very tired look in her eyes as Kirby said his piece. “…whatever. I’m going to bed.” Holding the key she had in her hands she made her way out of the pub up the stairs and out of sight.

“Yo if you want to head to bed,” Bob replied to the others. “We’ll get everything ready for you in the morning! Don’t you worry about that! Thanks for clearing the toilet problem too! Drinks on me for the rest of the night!”


@Lucky @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi
The mage took a moment to consider it. He couldn't really pass up the opportunity since it was free drinks, and so far the only real con to it was the headache he'd get in the morning.

"I'll take another ale then." Yurick spoke up. One more before bed wouldn't hurt, right?

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky @Others
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Chapter 5 - Inner Heaven

Whatever the group decided if they stayed up to abuse Bob’s hospitality or just take another drink. One after one they would leave the pub and go to their respective rooms. In the morning, they were woken up by a knock on their doors and once everyone was ready, they headed down to the lobby where Bob met them.

“Hope you slept well guys because it’s time for your mission!” Leading them outside and to the back of the town, the group found a massive slope that seemed to go one forever. Lined up on the slope were skis, snowboards, and sleighs.

Mika suddenly realized what this all implied. “H-Hold up. You want us to go down this slope?!” She looked down the slope and back to Bob. “That’s crazy!”

“It might be crazy,” Bob laughed. “But it’s the only way for you to go and check out those lights! I heard some other people pulled this off back before all this fusing stuff so I’m sure you’ll be able to as well.”

Realizing though what was in stake Mika could only sigh. “Fine…dibs on a snowboard I suppose.” As they were getting ready Bob would also provide everyone with proper clothing that needed it to survive the cold. Once everyone was ready and equipment picked up Bob gave them a thumb up.

“You all look spiffy! Good luck!” And with that, they were, reluctantly, off. The ride down was perilous and fast. Luckily they had mountain walls on either side making it seemed like a natural racing track of sorts. At least they did not have to be afraid of falling off any cliffs or anything. The only thing they had to worry about was rocks, snowmen (why were their snowmen?) on the route they were on and finally, at the end there was a massive leap where everyone was swallowed up by the white abyss that was the snow.

As they come to the clear blue sky had vanished and been replaced by thick clouds and heavy snowfall. “Everyone alright?” The group heard Mika’s voice as she came into view in the snowstorm. “Let’s never do that again, okay?” Ayame’s wristband would at the same time spark back to life pointing the group forward. While the snow made it difficult to know where they were heading they’d soon see lights up ahead and a massive structure came into view.




It seemed they had found the source of the lights and potentially the end of the mission. How would they infiltrate this place though?

Cast list

@Ver as Akihiko Sanada
@Minerva as Ayane
@dark as Banjo-Kazooie
@Crow as Don-chan
@York as Elise the Third
@Crunch as Geno
@Crimson Spartan as Hector
@Lucky as Kirby
@ShadowCoyote0 as Link
@Jackythejack as Louis the Primid
@Hida Tomonatsu as Makoto Kato
@Kaykay as Moon
@Alex Azure as Raiden
@Sark as Ryoma
@Yun Lee as Samurai Goroh
@Gummi Bunnies as Silver
@Takumi as Yurick​
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
1581037638023.png

"... Eerie," Akihiko only commented as the imposing structure came into view through the harrowing snow. "Looks like a hell of a lead. But it looks like the kinda place that'd be easy to get lost in, so stay close, everyone," the young man advised to the group, braving a step forward. He did his best not to let the cold bother him, even with the winter gear that Bob had hooked them all up with. Akihiko wasn't entirely mentally prepared for this level of cold either way, but even so, he had to push through it.

Just as he'd have to push the threshold of his body, he'd also have to bring out every ounce of discipline his mind had honed. Not just for the falling snow, but also for what was to come.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here and imagine there's gonna be goons stationed all around. Anyone see a good place where we can slip by?" He asked everyone, briefly eyeing Mika as he spoke while he was at it.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everybody
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Well this was the stupidest place Goroh had ever seen. It felt weird and dumb and he couldn't wait to find those stupid emeralds if it meant he never ever had to see a flaming trash heap like this ever again. Bundled up in his winter gear he stumbled forward, his sleigh a pile of splinters from the crash landing. "I say we just burst in honestly," he said, crossing his arms. "Not like this dump could look any worse."

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Takumi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Mika gave Akihiko a weird side-eye as he looked at her. “You’re asking me? I’ve never been here before!” While the area looked desolate, the group could not tell if there was something waiting for them if they decided to head closer. “We’re not going to find anything here though, let’s try and get a closer look.” Though they could confirm the closer the group came to the structure the more run down it looked. If nothing else it seemed to be the perfect hiding spot for a would-be thief.

At Samurai Goroh’s suggestion, the air was filled by…mooing? That was the closest thing to describe the sound echoing in the storm. “Get down!” Mika planted her headfirst into the snow to try and hide as something large emerged from the storm.



A robot of some sort, though the design was quite peculiar. It cried into the air once more and a second leaped down next to it before going their separate ways. “I think we met the guard dogs,” Mika hissed under her breath to the group. Storming in as is was foolish if they didn’t want to attract any attention but they could spot a massive steel door that probably leads into the facility as well as what seemed to be an air duct a bit further away. Both seemed like good options at the moment because it seemed like the storm wasn’t going to stop any time soon.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
"Ah, a mooing robot. Okay."

...

"What."

After putting that aside, because of course he had to lest he gawk at everything out of place that he saw over the past six months, Akihiko swallowed his apprehension and continued moving, his body and mind tensed up to make sure even just the smallest of his gestures were deliberate and meticulous. A small team that they all were, they wouldn't be able to handle the full force of the Doctors' armies if it came to that, so they'd definitely have to exercise caution here.

"The large door or an air duct..." The young man murmured, as though announcing the options to the rest of the group, furrowing his brow and pursing his lips briefly, before speaking again.

1581378047419.png

"I don't suppose it'd go over very well if we elected to knock on the front door, so the vents might be our best bet," Akihiko proposed, before making his own move. "I'm going on ahead to the air ducts," he curtly announced, not explicitly encouraging the others to follow suit aside from a brief gesture, attempting to snake his way through the storm toward the air duct, and if able to, crawling inside to penetrate the fortress.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
God, he hated this place. "As if I can fit into those air ducts with this gut! I'll take the door. What are those things gonna do, squirt milk?" The thief started for that door, leading the way for anybody who wanted to follow along.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Takumi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"Ah, a mooing robot. Okay."

...

"What."

After putting that aside, because of course he had to lest he gawk at everything out of place that he saw over the past six months, Akihiko swallowed his apprehension and continued moving, his body and mind tensed up to make sure even just the smallest of his gestures were deliberate and meticulous. A small team that they all were, they wouldn't be able to handle the full force of the Doctors' armies if it came to that, so they'd definitely have to exercise caution here.

"The large door or an air duct..." The young man murmured, as though announcing the options to the rest of the group, furrowing his brow and pursing his lips briefly, before speaking again.

View attachment 4841

"I don't suppose it'd go over very well if we elected to knock on the front door, so the vents might be our best bet," Akihiko proposed, before making his own move. "I'm going on ahead to the air ducts," he curtly announced, not explicitly encouraging the others to follow suit aside from a brief gesture, attempting to snake his way through the storm toward the air duct, and if able to, crawling inside to penetrate the fortress.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
Akihiko found that he sneaked through the compound rather easily all things considered. Whoever was holed up here didn’t seem to have that much security with them. He and who else decided to follow him found the air duct cramp but still quite easy to navigate through.

The path soon split leading left and right, but the snow forming to right indicated that it would just lead them back outside again meaning that going left seemed to be the best choice. Soon enough they had to crawl uphill before they saw their path blocked by a grate. Though it looked like once they had gotten the grate out of the way they’d be inside the compound.

God, he hated this place. "As if I can fit into those air ducts with this gut! I'll take the door. What are those things gonna do, squirt milk?" The thief started for that door, leading the way for anybody who wanted to follow along.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Takumi

Goroh was followed by Mika as they made their way towards the door. There was a key card read reader to the right of it, but perhaps with enough strength, they would be able to pull the door open. However, the moo that echoed in the air seemed to indicate that one or both of the robots were returning to the front. So whatever they were going to do they’d have to do it fast.


@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"Hey, you're a wrestler, right? Help me out before that stupid cowbot comes back!" Goroh grabbed hold of the door and began pulling for dear life, determined to get through before it was too late!

@Jeremi
 

Lucky

“ Just Kill Me Now” -Phil Connors
Kirby

" Kirby will go with Akikho in air ducts, Kirby is small and fit in places. Maybe someone can fit in Kirby's mouth and can sneak in with me,"
he suggested with an adorable smile. He was also still holding the knife.

@Jeremi @Ver
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Mika gave Akihiko a weird side-eye as he looked at her. “You’re asking me? I’ve never been here before!” While the area looked desolate, the group could not tell if there was something waiting for them if they decided to head closer. “We’re not going to find anything here though, let’s try and get a closer look.” Though they could confirm the closer the group came to the structure the more run down it looked. If nothing else it seemed to be the perfect hiding spot for a would-be thief.

At Samurai Goroh’s suggestion, the air was filled by…mooing? That was the closest thing to describe the sound echoing in the storm. “Get down!” Mika planted her headfirst into the snow to try and hide as something large emerged from the storm.



A robot of some sort, though the design was quite peculiar. It cried into the air once more and a second leaped down next to it before going their separate ways. “I think we met the guard dogs,” Mika hissed under her breath to the group. Storming in as is was foolish if they didn’t want to attract any attention but they could spot a massive steel door that probably leads into the facility as well as what seemed to be an air duct a bit further away. Both seemed like good options at the moment because it seemed like the storm wasn’t going to stop any time soon.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
"Ah, a mooing robot. Okay."

...

"What."

After putting that aside, because of course he had to lest he gawk at everything out of place that he saw over the past six months, Akihiko swallowed his apprehension and continued moving, his body and mind tensed up to make sure even just the smallest of his gestures were deliberate and meticulous. A small team that they all were, they wouldn't be able to handle the full force of the Doctors' armies if it came to that, so they'd definitely have to exercise caution here.

"The large door or an air duct..." The young man murmured, as though announcing the options to the rest of the group, furrowing his brow and pursing his lips briefly, before speaking again.

View attachment 4841

"I don't suppose it'd go over very well if we elected to knock on the front door, so the vents might be our best bet," Akihiko proposed, before making his own move. "I'm going on ahead to the air ducts," he curtly announced, not explicitly encouraging the others to follow suit aside from a brief gesture, attempting to snake his way through the storm toward the air duct, and if able to, crawling inside to penetrate the fortress.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
Akihiko found that he sneaked through the compound rather easily all things considered. Whoever was holed up here didn’t seem to have that much security with them. He and who else decided to follow him found the air duct cramp but still quite easy to navigate through.

The path soon split leading left and right, but the snow forming to right indicated that it would just lead them back outside again meaning that going left seemed to be the best choice. Soon enough they had to crawl uphill before they saw their path blocked by a grate. Though it looked like once they had gotten the grate out of the way they’d be inside the compound.




Goroh was followed by Mika as they made their way towards the door. There was a key card read reader to the right of it, but perhaps with enough strength, they would be able to pull the door open. However, the moo that echoed in the air seemed to indicate that one or both of the robots were returning to the front. So whatever they were going to do they’d have to do it fast.


@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
Kirby

" Kirby will go with Akikho in air ducts, Kirby is small and fit in places. Maybe someone can fit in Kirby's mouth and can sneak in with me,"
he suggested with an adorable smile. He was also still holding the knife.

@Jeremi @Ver
Mooing robots wasn't the strangest things he's encountered, surprisingly. This whole mission was by far the strangest thing he's experienced.

Going with Akihiko and Kirby through the air ducts, Yurick would attempt to open the grate with his bare hands.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @air ducts
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"Hey, you're a wrestler, right? Help me out before that stupid cowbot comes back!" Goroh grabbed hold of the door and began pulling for dear life, determined to get through before it was too late!

@Jeremi
Mooing robots wasn't the strangest things he's encountered, surprisingly. This whole mission was by far the strangest thing he's experienced.

Going with Akihiko and Kirby through the air ducts, Yurick would attempt to open the grate with his bare hands.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @air ducts

“Stop shouting!” Mika told the space bandit as she gripped onto the door as well doing her best to try and push it open. Meanwhile, the mooing came closer and more intense. Did it know someone was there?

Just as the robots silhouette came through in the snowstorm the door finally budged and they managed to get through. The door slammed shut behind the group that went through the door and Mika tried to catch her breath. “I don’t think it saw us…”

From behind the door, they could hear an ear-piercing moo before something heavy slammed unto the door. “Or maybe not.”



During this time the air duct group had made their way through the grate and they emerged on the upper level of the large entrance area. Looking down they could see the door group as well as the shaking steel door behind them. It seemed it would hold for the time being but it was best to get away from here sooner rather than later.​


@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
1581549283833.png

"Don't jinx anything for us..." Akihiko murmured under his breath as just the mere mention of the mooing robots from Goroh's part seemed to -- in an uncanny coincidence -- coincide with the mooing that became more intense. How does he get himself wrapped up in these messes?

Looking around cautiously once they made their way through the grate and toward the entrance area, the young man furrowed his brow, notably toward the door shaking. "Guess it'd be a bad idea to linger. If it's us that has those things spooked, who knows how long it'll be until they alert the others around?" He murmured to no one in particular.

With that said, Akihiko dropped down from the vents to wherever he'd land safely, before braving to infiltrate the facility deeper, looking around carefully to see possible places to venture toward.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"If you're so worried about that thing catchin' us, then hurry up and let's find those damn emeralds already!" No, Goroh would NOT stop shouting. In fact now he was stomping, storming off in the direction of Lord only knows where. He was tired of this stupid Melding, and this stupid Resistance! He wanted to go back to his world and his gang back in his canyon!

@Jeremi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
View attachment 4865

"Don't jinx anything for us..." Akihiko murmured under his breath as just the mere mention of the mooing robots from Goroh's part seemed to -- in an uncanny coincidence -- coincide with the mooing that became more intense. How does he get himself wrapped up in these messes?

Looking around cautiously once they made their way through the grate and toward the entrance area, the young man furrowed his brow, notably toward the door shaking. "Guess it'd be a bad idea to linger. If it's us that has those things spooked, who knows how long it'll be until they alert the others around?" He murmured to no one in particular.

With that said, Akihiko dropped down from the vents to wherever he'd land safely, before braving to infiltrate the facility deeper, looking around carefully to see possible places to venture toward.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
From his vantage point above Akihiko spotted one door right next to him, another a bit north on the catwalk and another to the far end where he also noticed stairs leading down to the ground level. There also seemed to be two large doors on the lower level and what seemed to be a destroyed tank right in the middle of the hangar.



Goroh’s steps sent him right towards one of two doors on the ground floor sending him past the destroyed tank. Getting closer he’d find no opposition as the door slowly slid open past the rust and debris surrounding it opening up to a corridor.

As this was going on the intercom burst to life with a loud reverb that hit you into your very soul in how screeching it was. “Attention! This is your King! There have been reports of heavy mooveing in the area! Keep your eyes open. No one will take these gems from me!” With that, the feed was cut off. While the group heard quite well what was said it was impossible to say who, or what was a holder of the voice due to how distorted the voice was.

“What the hell?!” Mika’s ears were still ringing from when the speakers sprung to life. “I thought we were dealing with a master thief or somethin’! But this entire place looks like a dump!” That was cut by the door behind her getting buckled slightly and the mooing continuing. “…Hey, Goroh wait up!” Mika made her way after Goroh.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
1581990352159.png

"Do you ever stop shouting...? Actually, never mind," Akihiko muttered to Goroh, as though he already knew the answer to that, as though an unseen force had given such an answer to him. Distastefully, he kept on moving instead, a displeased look on his face as though the real struggle here was having to lug around someone like Goroh.

The young man stopped dead in his tracks when the booming voice of a man screeched through the intercom, but there wasn't much telling who exactly who it was supposed to be. Not Eggman or Wily? Maybe one of their lieutenants, if nothing else. But in of itself, the announcement confirmed a few things for them; that the facility was on the lookout for them, and there were certain... gems of interest involved. Really made one think.

Wanting to avoid the largest doors as he imagined attempting to get through them would attract more unwanted attention, Akihiko pursed his lips as he considered where to go next, but... well, it looked like that momentary negligence cost him when Goroh suddenly began storming off wantonly. So much for that.

"Tch! Hey, get back here!" He whisper-shouted, chasing after the man along with Mika to only, indeed, God knew where. Looked like he was gonna have to leave his hands to fate.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top